Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Súndav Istalrí Súndav Istalrí is a male United States Súndav Istalrí is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Súndav Istalrí
View Posts: 928
Re: What did you want to see in SS (and it wasn't there)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOnkled View Post
...And? That still doesn't explain why, if Kokiri Forest is Faron Woods, the geographic name "Faron" is found in both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess but not Ocarina of Time (a game that takes place between them chronologically). Is it some kind of "Artist Formerly Known As Prince" thing where the forest decided to reinvent itself and then go back to its original name later on? Your theories are just as baseless as mine.
I was just saying that the Kokiri changed forms at least once, and they didn't have fairies in WW. I never said what my theory was, I was just pointing out that your theory didn't adhere to known information

Quote:
On 1/8/14, at 9:32 PM, Double A wrote:
> we were just discussing how we'd like to rub syrup all over your sculpted torso
Quote:
On 1/13/14, at 2:44 AM, Double A wrote:
> [refering to a pic of me] omigod sundav my panties can't take it
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to MYK1217
View Posts: 752

Two things:

1. The music. When I heard that Mahito Yokota, composer of the Super Mario Galaxy soundtracks, would be on board to compose music for the orchestrated soundtrack, I was psyched. Music has always been something held in high regard with the series, and having an orchestrated soundtrack done by the guy who composed Galaxy's music sounded heavenly. While the soundtrack was quite good, it didn't give the same kind of impression as the Galaxy games or other Zelda games.

2. More depth to the floating islands in the sky. I expected there to be more to do on the individual islands in the sky, like in Wind Waker. I expected to find more caves and passageways to explore. Maybe there could have been more houses and small towns where you can interact with more NPCs. It was really underwhelming to find out that just about all of the floating islands were just small chunks of flat land with hardly anything to do on them. Some had NOTHING on them. Where's the fun in exploration when there's hardly anything to explore?

Granted, the regions below the sky had decent opportunities to explore and discover secrets, but I really think they missed a major opportunity with the floating islands in the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MYKe1217
^^^Let's Play channel.
Last Edited by MYK1217; 04-24-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Mama-Pyjamas Mama-Pyjamas is a female United Kingdom Mama-Pyjamas is offline
Left-handed Lady
View Posts: 11

Becoming a fully-fledged knight and flying around in the dark. I mean...Just why not? :/ I thought I would get to do that eventually. In fact does link ever get to be a knight?

Better use of time travel, like going to other places in the past instead of being locked in the temple. Should have worked more like it did in OoT they used it a little in SS with the thunder dragon but I think they should have elaborated it, could have made lots of interesting puzzles or side quests to solve.

More in the sky fights with the Loftwing I think I only recall one time I used that bird to fight that wale thing and what the hell I thought they had a “bond” according to the beginning of the game it builds it up like they’re gunna fight together but all it seemed to be was away to get from point a to point B. yeah didn’t feel connected to it at all. Ya know what would have been cool? Pegasus Epona X3

Nothing in the sky…. Like totally empty… that was disappointing. I looked for hours to see if there were hidden islands or something but I dunnoe if I just suck at finding things or what but all I found were empty islands or octorocks. So much hate for the octorocks…

I liked this game a lot but it felt unfinished when you compare it to the others if they re-make it in 25 years with whatever new super tech they invent they should put more content like the above into it :3
Last Edited by Mama-Pyjamas; 05-06-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Caskett, Durgey, FlyingSombrero, gamer of time
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 88

more eyeball bosses

Great Deku Tree: Navi i have an important task for thee.
Navi: What ever it is i know i can do it. I just have to find you first so you can tell me in person. Your behind the giant tree right?
Great Deku Tree: Navi we've been over this. I am the giant tree.
Navi: OH MY GOSH YOUR A TALKING TREE?!
(Akward Silence)
Great Deku Tree: Please Stay with me Navi.
-Another Xanauzimaki Quote lol
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
#attractive#kind#single
View Posts: 356

I really wished that there was more exploration in the game and more Providences with more unique areas instead of Forest, Volcano and Sand. I thought that the game lacked some of the places previous games had, like Twilight Princess; it had a Zora Domain. If Skyward Sword is the first game, shouldn't the game's over world be the same as the next game?

Also, the floating islands needed things besides cubes. Maybe more villages or a pit of ---- trails like WW.

#mylittlethread
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I am a koala get on my horse
Send a message via Skype™ to The Dude
View Posts: 6,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOnkled View Post
The fairies aren't addressed explicitly in Wind Waker, but Forest Haven is full of glowing orbs of light that are remarkably similar to the fairies that float around Kokiri Forest.

I might add that there isn't any good evidence that the Kikwi are related to the Kokiri, either, aside from having names that begin with the same letter and inhabiting a forested area. It doesn't help that the name of the forest they live in doesn't appear in Ocarina of Time but does show up again later in the timeline, in Twilight Princess. This makes it more likely that Faron and Kokiri Forest are different areas that that are simply not visited in certain games.
Errrm I think Kokiri forest is named after the Kokiri........So it is plausible that Kokiri and Faron are the same Forest...or at least different regions of a large Forest

#47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Being a lunatic isn't enough
View Posts: 1,929

Link and Zelda kissing.

And more seriously, I also was disappointed that we couldn't fly around at night time. They were being plain lazy by making that impossible.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Goron
View Posts: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentleton View Post
I got everything I wanted honestly. Cool controls, awesome story, Awesome characters, really good soundtrack and especially a Zelda that was at least slightly challenging unlike the DS games and Twilight Princess.
I actually found Skyward Sword to be easier then Twilight Princess. The only thing that made SS a little hard was the motion controls. And I'm tired of people saying Twilight Princess was easy. TP had one of the hardest dungeons from the newer Zeldas in my opinion. Does everyone forget City in The Sky? That area took me hours to complete and it was an epic dungeon finished with an epic boss.

Ganondorf is the only attractive male in the series.

Also, I'm nice so shoot me a pm.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,491

First and foremost, I missed a Cave of Ordeals. It would be perfect for the motion controls of Skyward Sword. To be honest, I was pretty shocked that they didn't include it.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM
The bullet was made of ice
Send a message via AIM to Caskett Send a message via Skype™ to Caskett
Wii U ID: LadySunshine9
View Posts: 1,591
Re: What did you want to see in SS (and it wasn't there) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama-Pyjamas View Post
Becoming a fully-fledged knight and flying around in the dark. I mean...Just why not? :/ I thought I would get to do that eventually. In fact does link ever get to be a knight?

Better use of time travel, like going to other places in the past instead of being locked in the temple. Should have worked more like it did in OoT they used it a little in SS with the thunder dragon but I think they should have elaborated it, could have made lots of interesting puzzles or side quests to solve.

More in the sky fights with the Loftwing I think I only recall one time I used that bird to fight that wale thing and what the hell I thought they had a “bond” according to the beginning of the game it builds it up like they’re gunna fight together but all it seemed to be was away to get from point a to point B. yeah didn’t feel connected to it at all. Ya know what would have been cool? Pegasus Epona X3

Nothing in the sky…. Like totally empty… that was disappointing. I looked for hours to see if there were hidden islands or something but I dunnoe if I just suck at finding things or what but all I found were empty islands or octorocks. So much hate for the octorocks…

I liked this game a lot but it felt unfinished when you compare it to the others if they re-make it in 25 years with whatever new super tech they invent they should put more content like the above into it :3
I 100% agree... I felt little connection to the loftwing, I always wanted to be a knight and fly at night, obviously I wanted better sky islands/exploration...
I would've liked Fi to be less annoying....

I can understand why they didn't put any real villages on the surface... they stated it was supposed to be a barren land free of people. Emphasis on people. So yes, there were other races, but they did not have built up towns like the people of Kakariko for example. They wanted to give a feeling of de-unification, a new land being explored and becoming the setting for where Hyrule would later be formed.
But of course, thats just my opinion.

The only thing I think they could've added like a town was a hidden village of the Sheikah on the surface. Hidden, similar to the one in TP. More like a hideout than a village but... definitely with more than one of the tribe!
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,218

Quote:
...And? That still doesn't explain why, if Kokiri Forest is Faron Woods, the geographic name "Faron" is found in both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess but not Ocarina of Time (a game that takes place between them chronologically). Is it some kind of "Artist Formerly Known As Prince" thing where the forest decided to reinvent itself and then go back to its original name later on?

One possible reasons:

It was named the Kokiri forest just to identify the part of the forest where the Kokiri lived in.

At the same time, its not really that big of a cause for concern. In Skyward Sword, the entire forest area isn't called the Faron Woods. Just that part. There's also the Deep Woods as well. There's always been a separation of the forest in Hyrule. The Kokiri Forest and the Lost Woods, the Ordon Village and the Faron Woods. Besides its probably safe to assume that over the eras the name of Faron was forgotten around the time of OoT until TP when the Light Spirit Faron appeared.

Anyway,

For once, some kind of obvious connection to the other Zelda games, specifically Minish Cap so it can honor the freaking timeline. Even now I still don't see the connection with Minish Cap .

Of course the Sheikah.

More Gorons than just Gorko whom had no place in the plot whatsoever. Who the hell are these moles?

Absence of Fi.

More to do!

Barely anything to do in Skyloft, nothing to do on the Surface! FFS!
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

There are so many things that could make SS a drastically better game. To many to list, but here are a few.

A new plot...
Deep characterization
A large and beautiful overworld
A motion control that actually WORKS

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,218

Quote:
A motion control that actually WORKS
Meaning when I stab Link STABS!!! Not SLASH!!!

Fighting Moldera was a ❤❤❤❤❤ because of that.

Tags
missing things, skyward sword, wanted to see