Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Who do you like better?
Demise 17 34.00%
Ganondorf 33 66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 72
Re: Ganondorf vs Demise: WHOS YOUR FAVOURITE?

While both are rather one dimensional, points go towards Ganondorf for being the most interesting. Also, I always thought Demise was a little over designed, like he's just trying too hard to be big and evil.
1 person liked this post: StinksAwakening
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Not just a hero, a TRUE hero
View Posts: 125

really? i found him pretty evil the first time i saw him.

i just happen to like demise... his character is different and i really was getting sick of ganondorf...

he has a dark master sword, liiiike thats pretty BA

Sig Done by me:
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Aquatic Humanoid
View Posts: 122

While I do like Ganondorf better overall, Wind Waker Ganondorf has Demise beat as far as one-on-one sword fights (and their conclusion) go.

Also, Ghirahim was more interesting to fight, I felt, as he used some tricks and constantly changed his tactic in the middle of it (plus having a personal grudge against you), instead of being a big burly dude with easily-blocked sword swings. It might also be because Demise (Imprisoned) looked like this for most of the game. I just can't take him/it seriously with that shape.
Last Edited by Katuko; 03-23-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

Demise is a lot more badass.

I mean who can say they had to have a goddess sacrifice their life to put a temporary seal on 'em. Not Ganondorf.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Goron
View Posts: 213

Ganondorf completely beats Demise in all aspects, especially in looks and story. I found Demise to be extremely boring and stereotypical. And I don't whats all the rave about his looks. He looked like a big and buff alligator with some fire hair. It didn't look good at all. On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE TP Ganondorf's looks and WW Ganondorf looked awesome as well.

Ganondorf is the only attractive male in the series.

Also, I'm nice so shoot me a pm.
2 people liked this post: Japas, Lazara the Last
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Teenagers scare the living ♥♥♥♥ out of me.
Send a message via Skype™ to altidefan1
Steam ID: altidefan1
View Posts: 1,223

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, Don't read if you haven't played SS, unless you don't care about spoilers: Ganondorf is Demise reincarnated
The question has just become null and void

(Demise is actually my favorite, just because of his awesome.)
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM
SomeDudeAtTheAltar SomeDudeAtTheAltar is a male Mexico SomeDudeAtTheAltar is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 44

Ganondorf, I like his design over Demise's. His personality.
Besides, I think Demise is trying "too hard".
1 person liked this post: Japas
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Not just a hero, a TRUE hero
View Posts: 125

i played SS again and honestly i found the final battle of demise so intense..
its mostly the music it think.. makes the battle scene soooo much more epic.

and i reaaally think that demises look is pretty evil.. i dont find him to be weird in anyway.

Sig Done by me:
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Farore's Apprentice Farore's Apprentice is a female United States Farore's Apprentice is offline
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 145

I like TWW Ganondorf a lot... so I'm going with Ganondorf. To be perfectly honest, I have only played most of SS on my cousins game, though I did go on another file to play Demise...

Demise was pretty cool. I guess I'm just attached to all things from TWW because of nostalgia.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
View Posts: 319

Ganondorfs appeared more and his been more central to the games lore. Demise is retractively the first one and we dont know if hell appear again (we could get a game set earlier at the fall and imprisonment)

Honestly Im alot fonder of Vaati, even tho Ganon is the "main" villian.

Demise created the monsters, Vaati released them on Hyrule, Ganondorf became the 'main' villian and caused so much ruckas that time split. Its a decent progression of villians.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Filthy beast of meat and hair
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin
View Posts: 545

I would have to go with Ganondorf. I tend to like the villains more than the hero in most series like this mostly because they tend to have a few more layers to their character than the heroes. Villains normally have to have a good reasons to be villainous or at least some type of origin that set them on their evil path in life. Ganondorf has this even though it did take many years and appearances before that was finally brought to light and he became more than just a generic villain that simply loves doing bad things for the sake of being bad. He has now taken on the role of a somewhat sympathetic character that grew too greedy in his desire for everything the Hylians had.

Demise simply does not have this. In fact out of all the various villains to appear in the Zelda series I think he is the one we know the least about. He simply has not been around long enough to develop since Nintendo normally requires a few more sequels and publications before a character becomes a little more than one dimensional. But he is a character that appeared very late in his debut game, was only around for a very short time with minimal dialog and was then defeated. Leaving the players to not just fill in gaps, but basically use their imaginations to come up with just about everything. We know he was a high ranking demon lord, that this fiery humanoid appearance might not be his true form at all, and that he wants the triforce. To me this is only slightly more than what we knew about Ganon back in 1987. In my opinion that lack of knowing makes him less interesting, and his visual appearance vs previous villains can only go so far. He certainly looks more impressive than almost all of the other villains put together. But based on the fact that I know about as much of him as I do Bongo Bongo I do not find him to be as interesting as I do Ganondorf.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM
explodingpenguin explodingpenguin is a male United States explodingpenguin is offline
Hero of Hyrule
Steam ID: expldngpngn
View Posts: 104

Ganon/Ganondorf is usually the main villain, plus he's been in more games. He'll always be first on my list
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

I read this as "Gandalf vs Demise".

???

Last Edited by Coconut Water; 03-29-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Balthier Bunansa, Thanatos-Zero, XTrueHeroX
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Balthier Bunansa Balthier Bunansa is a female British Antarctic Territory Balthier Bunansa is offline
Half as cool, but twice as badass
Steam ID: Elegance does not stoop.
View Posts: 2,281

Watch this evolve into a SS vs. TP thread that the mods ignore for about three years. Not anything against you mods, but that's where it looks like this is headed.

Anyway, I don't care for either. Demise is a generic evil guy who's like, "HURRRR IME EVIL FEAR ME" which is laughable. Anybody who says that SS's villain was Demise is on crack; it's clearly Ghirahim. Ganondorf is yet another generic evil with barely any personality. "Herp a derp, Vainqueur, there was WW!" Yeah, yeah, yeah, he had 'emotions' in that game, which were the bare minimum of what you could call emotion. That and the fact he's appears only twice in most of the Zelda games makes him a laugh rather than a nightmare.

What else do you need me to say?
2 people liked this post: Japas, XTrueHeroX
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 AM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline
My Evil Lair is Around Here
View Posts: 277

I thought Demise's shape was corrupted by the seal on him so that he remained at least some of Imprisoned.

I want Ganondorf with Demise's personality and dialouge (quite majestic) and the motives of WW, then I would be pretty satisfied.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
You Rock, Woo-hoo
Steam ID: Splatterher
View Posts: 427

Ganondorf. Classic.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
'Im just me, being me'
View Posts: 721

Demise= TP Ganondorf
WW and OoT Ganondorf > Demise

Ghirahim was a conciderably better villain than demise.
He stuck around through the story attacked you several times and had way better battles.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
View Posts: 319

I wonder if theres an evil equivalent of the sacred realm where all the evil bosses meet and discuss things?

Bellum: Dam that Link!
Ganon: Agreed!
Vaati: Agreed!
Demise: Look I have an idea that might work!
Aghanim: My feet itch.
Zant: Wth is that smell?
1 person liked this post: XTrueHeroX
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Filthy beast of meat and hair
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin
View Posts: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymeric View Post
I wonder if theres an evil equivalent of the sacred realm where all the evil bosses meet and discuss things?

Bellum: Dam that Link!
Ganon: Agreed!
Vaati: Agreed!
Demise: Look I have an idea that might work!
Aghanim: My feet itch.
Zant: Wth is that smell?
Well I think that the dark World of ALTTP would be the equivalent to the Sacred Realm.

But I think that you have raised an interesting point. If that there could be some sort of underworld for Link to visit that contains past bosses from previous games that this current Link could try his luck against. It would be an amazing way to somehow include Twinrova, Blind the thief, Majora, Veran, Vaati, Argorok, etc all in a single game. Plus the theorists minds would explode at the chance to get any closer look at just how so many villains somehow manage to rise from the grave and return to Hyrule every few hundred years. Maybe even the poe collector could reappear somehow.

I think the series has had enough random undead, zombies, skeletons, ghosts, and demons to be capable of pulling this off without altering too much.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Mikau, The Guitar Legend Mikau, The Guitar Legend is a male Mikau, The Guitar Legend is offline
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japas View Post
Ganondorf.

IMO, Demise looks like a gorilla thing with a head on fire which is not as cool as someone clad in thick heavy armour, or no armour. And in SS, Impa and the whole 'destiny' story make such a huge deal about how terrible he is, how people would cower at his mere presence or something, and basically how he was the ultimate evil. Once Demise is resurrected, he is just some villain that basically says "oh. I admire your bravery for standing before me. Fight me" and he gets his ass whooped. He doesn't even put up another fight the way TP Ganondorf did. And the whole hatred curse to tie Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda together was simple and just cheap. For someone who was made such a big deal out of throughout the entire game, I honestly expected someone better.

tl;dr- I like Ganondorf because I expected more from Demise.
Well if Ganondorf is Demise reincarnated, shouldnt he be as strong as him already without the Triforce of Power. But in TP Ganon does have the Triforce of Power wich would make him stronger then Demise. Demise is clearly weaker then Ganon if Ganon has a part of the Triforce.

The final battle in OOT to is amazing, so much more epic then Demise's battle.