Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 43
Where is the reincarnation of Groose?

So if every significant character in Skyward Sword gets a reincarnation (i.e Demise --> Ganondorf; Fi --> Fairy Queen) where is Groose's?
In any Zelda games are there any characters that are similar to Groose in personality or in the fact that they are handy in creating things?
There's always the construction worker building something but I don't think that's significant enough to be Groose's reincarnation.
Last Edited by Malia; 03-26-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
The Groosinator
View Posts: 236
Re: Where is the reincarnation of Groose?

Maybe Mido from OoT, but that's a stretch if anything.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,458

Gonzo and Alfonzo. Between them they're jerks with good hearts, muscular, one has a crush on Zelda's reincarnation, one's good with a catapult, one's skilled with railway transport machines and both are stalwart protectors of Zelda.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 02-25-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Tech View Post
Gonzo and Alfonzo. Between them they're jerks with good hearts, muscular, one has a crush on Zelda's reincarnation, one's good with a catapult, one's skilled with railway transport machines and both are stalwart protectors of Zelda.
Oh? What game are they from? Wind Waker?
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 PM
If You See Kay
View Posts: 442

Tingle, both are unnecessary
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 PM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,855

Ganondorf. Yeah yeah.... I know Groose is a good guy, but it's possible that Demise's remaining essence might've found itself in one of his future descendants or incarnations or something along the lines of that. He does share some very Gerudo-like traits and features, after all.

Also, there is very little chance that Fi could become the fairy queen. After all, isn't her... "soul" - or what have you - trapped within the Master Sword for all eternity?

EDIT: I like to think that Link is an incarnation of the Fierce Deity though, seeing as both Zelda and Ganondorf were essentially gods at some point in their past lives.
Last Edited by An Hero of Time; 02-26-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,052

When I first started playing the game I thought that Groose was so nasty and my theory was that his descendants would be the Gerudo (since he has red hair and amber eyes).
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoasis View Post
Oh? What game are they from? Wind Waker?
Gonzo is from WW and Alponzo, descendant of Gonzo, is from Spirit Tracks.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,544

Quote:
Ganondorf. Yeah yeah.... I know Groose is a good guy, but it's possible that Demise's remaining essence might've found itself in one of his future descendants or incarnations or something along the lines of that. He does share some very Gerudo-like traits and features, after all.
I actually think so too. Groose's features all point to that. Besides Ganondorf probably wasnt all nasty and evil at first. I think Demise kinda migrated into him after a while. Groose seems like how Ganondorf would be like uncorrupted and as a young guy. All thuggish and throwing his weight around but deep down, a big ol' softy. I wonder if we'll ever see a game with Ganondorf as not evil.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
3 people liked this post: Bastian, Dovakiin, FlyingSombrero
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Fraud of the Stal Fraud of the Stal is a male United Kingdom Fraud of the Stal is offline
Flying Grooster
Steam ID: Chewbacta
View Posts: 547

The second coming of Groose will be mankind's salvation, be patient.

For IDs, FriendCodes and Star ratings on any of my games, you are welcome to look at my backloggery.
http://backloggery.com/chewbacta
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero of Time View Post
I like to think that Link is an incarnation of the Fierce Deity though, seeing as both Zelda and Ganondorf were essentially gods at some point in their past lives.
I'm willing to make a theory out of that!! So sad, there's little proof for it
2 people liked this post: Dovakiin, Norebo
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM
The Space Sage
View Posts: 840

I agree with the notion that Ganondorf is a reincarnation of Groose that houses Demise's hatred, because that means I was right all along - from a certain point of view
Last Edited by Kasuto; 02-28-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo

I actually believe Demise chose Ganondorf as the form of his hatred as well as the form we see in the game because of Groose. In a sense Demise looks like a monstrous caricature of Groose, Fi notes Demise looks different to each person so in this sense Demise has taken a form that reflects a fear and enemy of Link from his mortal life. Later when he becomes Ganondorf he resembles an ominous adult version of Groose in order to provoke a subconscious fear from his reborn foe.

This sounds better to me than Groose marching off into the desert, propagating a a race of amazons and living through thievery. Especially since the reality is he loves being in the forest, matures as a person, becomes a brave ally and friend to Link and Zelda and realizes his true calling is to protect the land from evil.

Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 02-29-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Bill, Dovakiin, Sage of the forest, Sophie
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Eucalyptus
Send a message via Yahoo to Unizu-chan
View Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud O Nym View Post
When I first started playing the game I thought that Groose was so nasty and my theory was that his descendants would be the Gerudo (since he has red hair and amber eyes).
You know I actually got that too, the only thing is the skin. Y'know the creamy darker skin you can see on most Gerudo. But I get where you are coming from with the whole Gerudo thing. Maybe the skin thing would happen in the course of thousands of years but...........

-Briana Francois

Erin,You will never be Forgotten...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 AM
TheSongofStorms TheSongofStorms is a male United States TheSongofStorms is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
I actually think so too. Groose's features all point to that. Besides Ganondorf probably wasnt all nasty and evil at first. I think Demise kinda migrated into him after a while. Groose seems like how Ganondorf would be like uncorrupted and as a young guy. All thuggish and throwing his weight around but deep down, a big ol' softy. I wonder if we'll ever see a game with Ganondorf as not evil.
OR Ganondorf not evil 'YET'
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Shiggity shiggity shwa
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoasis View Post
So if every significant character in Skyward Sword gets a reincarnation (i.e Demise --> Ganondorf; Fi --> Fairy Queen)
No, not at all.

I think Ganondorf is a reincarnation (mixed w/ Demise of course)/descendant of Groose. It would be a sick twist of fate: the guy who was eventually Link and Zelda's friend and helped them save Hyrule is eventually responsible for the guy who tries to kill Link and Zelda and wants to destroy Hyrule.
Need more proof Ganondorf's a reincarnation?

^Pompadour^

^Mullet^

Bad hairstyles.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Sage of the forest Sage of the forest is a male United States Sage of the forest is offline
Goron
View Posts: 269

This makes... Some sense. However, how would Groose's descendants turn into Gerudo? That sort of thing doesn't happen by itself.

-John Egbert-
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
link hero of the winds link hero of the winds is a male United States link hero of the winds is offline
Outset Islander
View Posts: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of the forest View Post
This makes... Some sense. However, how would Groose's descendants turn into Gerudo? That sort of thing doesn't happen by itself.
The answer is simple Groose is a ladies man so he forms a colony of him with a lot of women and from there things become the eventual gerudo.

But seriously the y chromosome probably evolved to the point that it became recessive.

Not just the Great Sea, love. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the King of Red Lions really is... is freedom.
Last Edited by link hero of the winds; 03-25-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: FlyingSombrero, Thanatos-Zero
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Deku Scrub
Steam ID: SuperChobot
View Posts: 6

The theory that Groose starts up the whole Gerudo race sounds like a good theory, but the thing is...Isn't the Gerudo race mainly female?
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Summertime Sadness
View Posts: 2,877

So I'm not at the end of Skyward Sword yet (currently swimming around Faron Woods) but I have a theory as to what happens to Groose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTime97 View Post
You know I actually got that too, the only thing is the skin. Y'know the creamy darker skin you can see on most Gerudo. But I get where you are coming from with the whole Gerudo thing. Maybe the skin thing would happen in the course of thousands of years but...........
So, Groose decides he loves the Sealed Grounds, not because it's woodsy but rather he likes protecting the Gate of Time. I don't know yet what happens to the Gate of Time, but I'm going to assume that it's destroyed, or no longer needs protecting, etc. So after a while after Skyward Sword ends, Groose hears that there's another Gate of Time in the desert, but this one's temple is completely destroyed and etc. So he sets out to rebuild the temple, or try to restore the Gate of Time, and ends up in the desert, where, since he's more in the sun, he'll become tanner, and start creating the Gerudo. By then, he'll have rebuilt the sacred temple that we possibly see in OoT, or maybe in TP, one of them. A male is born only every 100 years into the Gerudo clan. Isn't this roughly how often Link is born? Possibly, something evil finds Groose out in the desert (Vaati?) and now every male is always Ganondorf, and is always evil.

I'm just spitting out ideas, I'm not sure how much I believe this myself, at least to the part of Groose going to the desert.