Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline
My Evil Lair is Around Here
View Posts: 277
Hardening up TP?

So...

C220C7FC 00000007
A0040002 7C05F800
41820024 7C050000
4080001C 7CA50050
1CA5000X 7CA50050
2C050000 40800008
38A00000 B0A40002
60000000 00000000

Supposedly this code will multiply damage taken by whatever value you put for X. Seems quite legit to me and Im gonna try this out now. It would look awesome for bokoblins to give 2 hearts of damage or something like that. Atleast something to encourage you to collect Heartpieces and carry potions, no?

What do you think?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 702
Re: Hardening up TP?

How bout just play the damn game?
1 person liked this post: MorbidDelight
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline

But the damn game is too easy. Damn, why are people never complaining about that when I want them to??? Dx
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

The rest of us are contented to do a shield-less three heart run instead of making the hearts themselves count for less.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Skyloftian

^This.

There's no need for all these fancy-schmancy codes that will probably end up f***ing up parts of the game. Just do a 3-heart + no shield run and the game will be 3x harder.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
NotTakeMirror NotTakeMirror is a male United States NotTakeMirror is offline
The Other Sage
View Posts: 494

I wish TP had something equivalent to the hero mode in SS, master quest in OoT, or second quest in LoZ. Something like that would enhance the replay value of the game.

Games beaten:
LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, TP, ST, SS

Currently playing:
ALBW, OoT (master quest), OoA/OoS (linked game)

Games not yet played:
FS, FSA, MC, PH

Top Zelda games:
1. MM
2. OoT
3. ALBW
4. ALttP
5. TP
1 person liked this post: Eren Jaeger
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Johnny Sokko Johnny Sokko is a male United States Johnny Sokko is offline
Hylian
View Posts: 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTakeMirror View Post
I wish TP had something equivalent to the hero mode in SS, master quest in OoT, or second quest in LoZ. Something like that would enhance the replay value of the game.
Or even some cool extra stuff, like understanding Hylian in TWW. I don't know why Nintendo skipped out on this for TP.
1 person liked this post: Eren Jaeger
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
View Posts: 1,494

Three hearts is one option, but if you also like to collect stuff there's something else you might want to try instead. You can keep picking up heart containers and pieces, but let that be the only way to heal yourself. If you just keep avoiding recovery hearts, fairies, hot water springs and potions as much as possible, you should be able to complete as much of the game as you like and you don't have to leave stuff behind if that's always been your issue with three hearts.

I can't quite say if that's actually a bit harder than the regular three hearts run, in this particular game I mean, because the recovery heart drops are so frequent that the three basically never run out in between them, maximum or not. Same thing with the Wind Waker.

Or you can do the unthinkable and combine that idea with the three hearts. The tears of light pretty much ruin it a few times, but after that I don't think anything in this game heals you if you don't want to.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
The King in Yellow
Steam ID: Gilgameš
View Posts: 346

I recommend using the Ordon Sword as much as possible -- it is even cooler than the master sword.

If you really want to make the game harder by giving the enemies more attack power -- so be it. It sounds awfully complex to me, otherwise it'd be just fine.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM

I have never been content with leaving behind stuff like Heat Containers. Sharpening up damage just seems much nicer for me.

And no, I did try to get the wooden sword, but I have never ever managed to get that trick with the Faron Woods to work so yeah...

EDIT: sorry, you meant the normal ordon sword.
Last Edited by PersontasticPerson; 02-20-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Twili
View Posts: 424

Oddly enough I found the hardest part, outside of the Cave of Ordeals, of the game to be Snowpeak Ruins - that is, until I found out that just holding the Ball & Chain can deflect ice spears. I did a wooden sword run with minimal shield not too long ago, and that wasn't too bad. I think I will try it again, only this time it will be a three heart run as well. Already got TWW and SS(Hero mode) done as well, so this shouldn't be too bad.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Skyloftian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegEqualzName View Post
I have never been content with leaving behind stuff like Heat Containers. Sharpening up damage just seems much nicer for me.

And no, I did try to get the wooden sword, but I have never ever managed to get that trick with the Faron Woods to work so yeah...

EDIT: sorry, you meant the normal ordon sword.
If you think about, playing with less hearts gives the same effect as having the normal (increasing) amount of hearts with more enemy damage. If you wanted to, you could just take a heart container every other dungeon or something like that to keep it harder than normal but still fair. What I'm trying to establish is that modifier codes aren't necessary for making the game harder.
Last Edited by jameslieb1; 02-20-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
NotTakeMirror NotTakeMirror is a male United States NotTakeMirror is offline
The Other Sage
View Posts: 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslieb1 View Post
If you think about, playing with less hearts gives the same effect as having the normal (increasing) amount of hearts with more enemy damage. If you wanted to, you could just take a heart container every other dungeon or something like that to keep it harder than normal but still fair. What I'm trying to establish is that modifier codes aren't necessary for making the game harder.
That's kind of what I've been doing. I've beaten the game 4 times now so it's quite easy. I still don't feel quite confident enough to do the 3-heart/minimalist challenge (Snowpeak being a large reason for that) but I do avoid obtaining items obtained in sidequests and only pick up heart containers from defeated bosses and don't pick up any other supplemental heart pieces.

Maybe I should try the 3 heart/minimalist challenge sometime.

Games beaten:
LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, TP, ST, SS

Currently playing:
ALBW, OoT (master quest), OoA/OoS (linked game)

Games not yet played:
FS, FSA, MC, PH

Top Zelda games:
1. MM
2. OoT
3. ALBW
4. ALttP
5. TP
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

I got that code for Dolphin and have need using it constantly.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,052

This code could be fun. I've played TP more times than I can count (I lost track). I did a few three-heart runs, one of which was a no-shield, wooden sword three heart run. It's lots of fun. I did manage to get into Faron Woods using the Bulblin. (It took me forever, though.) I still have my save file.