$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 10:05 PM
erudesu
View Posts: 17,662
Re: The Sword is used way too much in SS :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
This isn't chemistry class. If you can't get an idea of what the word "special" means, you're either hopeless or a borderline troll. Given your habit of twisting arguments to trivial points, I'll go with the latter.
Please knock this sort of attitude off.

Jeff and Double penetrAtion, I know that both of you guys can discuss well, and I do know that you're both capable of talking to each other in a more civilised manner.

Let's try not to get sour in here okay? I don't want to start deleting posts in here or handing out warnings.
Last Edited by EternaLegend; 03-26-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,291

I've said nothing inappropriate. He's repeatedly asking me the definitions of any word I use that's longer than 7 letters and has misquoted me more than once. It's those kind of 'tactics' he uses that creates quote wars and drives the discussion away from the original point, which leads to just squawking back and forth about issues that were irrelevant in the first place.

I haven't flamed him or attacked him personally; I've called him out for a disrespectful, unproductive posting habit. If you believe that was too edgy, well, that's fine, but I would wholly disagree.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
If all you have to do is hit them with a weapon, they will be.
Quote:
This isn't chemistry class. If you can't get an idea of what the word "special" means, you're either hopeless or a borderline troll. Given your habit of twisting arguments to trivial points, I'll go with the latter.
I'm sorry bro, but I just can't continue this. You have repeatedly disregarded what I've said or missed the point (e.g. 2/3 of your previous post, as shown above, the first paragraph ignores what I've said multiple times earlier, while the second paragraph misses the point). We keep travelling in circles because I've had to re-explain myself over and over due to you completely ignoring what I've been saying.

And whenever I acknowledge this and you DON'T ignore it, you establish an incredibly unclear/unsatisfactory position in response (e.g. throughout the entire debate on "depth", we ended up with "it isn't deep because it isn't special", which makes absolutely no sense at all in a vacuum, after I kept pushing the point). I keep bringing up "trivial" points in an attempt to get you to make your position clearer, which you repeatedly fail to do, opting instead to make your position even more unclear/unsatisfactory (e.g. you've gone from "the game industry says so" to "I just know that you're wrong..." to "common sense" to "not special").

If you're going to pin all of this on me, then good day to you sir.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 03-27-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Demon King Demise Demon King Demise is a male United Kingdom Demon King Demise is offline
Demon King
View Posts: 196

Hence the name: "Skyward SWORD"

I rest my case.
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 PM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,187

^Indeed. The problem isn't that the sword is used too MUCH, but that it was used too unsatisfactorily. It simply wasn't fun to use the sword.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double penetrAtion View Post
I'm sorry bro, but I just can't continue this. You have repeatedly disregarded what I've said or missed the point (e.g. 2/3 of your previous post, as shown above, the first paragraph ignores what I've said multiple times earlier, while the second paragraph misses the point). We keep travelling in circles because I've had to re-explain myself over and over due to you completely ignoring what I've been saying.

And whenever I acknowledge this and you DON'T ignore it, you establish an incredibly unclear/unsatisfactory position in response (e.g. throughout the entire debate on "depth", we ended up with "it isn't deep because it isn't special", which makes absolutely no sense at all in a vacuum, after I kept pushing the point). I keep bringing up "trivial" points in an attempt to get you to make your position clearer, which you repeatedly fail to do, opting instead to make your position even more unclear/unsatisfactory (e.g. you've gone from "the game industry says so" to "I just know that you're wrong..." to "common sense" to "not special").

If you're going to pin all of this on me, then good day to you sir.
You have a good day, also, sir.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
2 people liked this post: Boxer Briefs, Double A
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,272

Quote:
Hence the name: "Skyward SWORD"
By this logic the Ocarina of Time should be the main weapon of OOT...not the sword, or any other item.
Same goes for Wind Waker as well.
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Anouki
Send a message via AIM to linksta35 Send a message via Skype™ to linksta35
Steam ID: Linksta35
View Posts: 34

I didn't find anything wrong with the use of the sword in the game. I thoroughly enjoyed swinging at enemies with it trying to get past their defenses. I was really surprised to see how well the controls worked too. Sure you couldn't use many of the other weapons to kill enemies, but the point of Zelda is pretty much the sword. He's started off with the sword and finished off Ganon with his sword in nearly all his games.
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

View Posts: 8,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfHeart View Post
By this logic the Ocarina of Time should be the main weapon of OOT...not the sword, or any other item.
Same goes for Wind Waker as well.
Well, they're both really important items, so...
Last Edited by Kuya; 03-28-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote