Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Dungeon Rater
View Posts: 893
Sky Keep Temple

I liked how the temple was a puzzle in itself, and how it drew on every single concept from the previous temples. With only 8 rooms, it was a bit on the shorter side.

I would have loved to see a final boss for the temple.

My suggestion would have been, at the end, when you are about to get the third triforce peice, it would be locked. A spiritual warrior called the Guardian of Light would state that he was made by Hylia to test the spirit of the hero, and an awesome boss battle would ensue.
1 person liked this post: The Doctor
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Boxer Briefs Boxer Briefs is a male United States Boxer Briefs is offline
\_(ツ)_/
Send a message via AIM to Boxer Briefs
View Posts: 932
Re: Sky Keep Temple

Sky Keep was great! There's never been a dungeon quite like that in Zelda before.

It was challenging, both combat-wise and puzzle-wise (I'm thinking of the robot, the room where you ride the lava platforms, and the room with the timeshift orb).

It came at just the right time too; some of the parts leading up to that point were starting to feel like a drag, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got there.

I didn't really mind that it didn't have its own boss since the final boss fight is five minutes after you get out anyway.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Zeldafreak83 Zeldafreak83 is a male United States Zeldafreak83 is offline
Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.
View Posts: 2,076

The uniqueness of the dungeon was amazing! And I didn't really mind the lack of a dungeon boss cause it was a great step towards blending game play and story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer Briefs View Post
It came at just the right time too; some of the parts leading up to that point were starting to feel like a drag
Yeah, those Tadtones just annoyed me.

Thanks Monkeh for the awesome sig!
1 person liked this post: DaronB
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Twilit Mask of Time Twilit Mask of Time is a male United States Twilit Mask of Time is offline
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,505

I was a bit disappointed about the boss too, but then, it was right before the final boss, so I understand why there wasn't a NEED. That being said it would have been nice. I LOVED the dungeon though. I would love to see more dungeons designed with this kind of thing in mind.

What I would like to believe
AT:SS-MC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL-OoT-WW-PH-ST
CT:SS-MC-FS/fSA-LoZ/AoL-OoT-MM-TP-Alttp/OoX/LA
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 110

I think the sky keep is the one of the best dungeons in the zelda history, puzzle inside puzzles/
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,554

The concept for Sky Keep was great. The tablet puzzle was something we've never seen before. I thought it worked very well the collecting the Triforce pieces.

Sky Keep continues the tradition of final dungeons that present challenges based on the experiences you endured during your adventure, with each room being based on a dungeon. This motif is logical, though I must say I'm a little tired of it; I wish Sky Keep had its own unique atmosphere rather than just a rehash, especially since the music was creepy:

However, it was slick the way they put the Triforce pieces in rooms that corresponded to the dungeons that housed the Sacred Flames (Courage in the Ancient Cistern room, Power in the Fire Sanctuary room, Wisdom in the Sandship room). It was even more slick how you had to reenter the Silent (Sacred) Realm before actually obtaining each piece. Way to pay attention to detail, Nintendo!

The room that housed the Triforce of Courage was amazing. That was one of the better battle sequences I've experienced in Zelda. The music was perfect. It felt epic. Also, the room that housed the Triforce of Wisdom featured one of the trickier puzzles in the game. That one took me a while. And I loved fighting the skeleton robot czar. Awesome.

I agree that it could have used a boss, but it's also true that the final boss was right around the corner anyway.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 01-12-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Hylian Dan, LuminaForce37, The Doctor
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 78

That skeleton pirate terrified me! It's not that he scares me on his own, but I thought I was going into a room I had already visited and was not expecting THAT.

I loved this dungeon. I really enjoy those puzzles so it was definitely a good change of pace (in a way).
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Deku Scrub
Steam ID: waffletea
View Posts: 15

Sky Keep was very unique and challenging! I had fun switching and figuring out which room went where. I thought it was pretty neat for the whole temple to be in your hands (or on the tablet, for that matter) for you to find a way. I also loved fighting that robot pirate again. The music playing in the background added more feel to the battle, and to me gives something like a Spanish kind of theme.

Upon getting the last piece of the Triforce, I thought he would face another boss when he reacted while in the Silent Realm. Looks like he just returned to the normal world with all the pieces of the Triforce.

This temple was brilliant, and something new.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

I loved Sky Keep. One of the best dungeons in the whole series. Just the fact that you actually get to take the physical and whole Triforce was so cool. The puzzle was a great way to mix things up though. When I first went inside, I expected it to be like the Tower of the Gods from TWW, but it was even better and more

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
1 person liked this post: StinksAwakening
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
LuminaForce37 LuminaForce37 is a male United States LuminaForce37 is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 338

I really enjoyed the concept of a puzzle within a puzzle dungeon. It really tested your brain to figure out if you could make the connection. I expected it to be more tedious when changing rooms (kind of like the Isle of Songs puzzle...) but it turned out quite fluid with a little bit of planning. I also enjoyed the rooms relating back to past temples. My favorite part was how, in order to get the Triforce pieces, you had to demonstrate one last time your power, wisdom, and courage. the Wisdom puzzle was trickier. The Power dungeon was... well, idk. But the Courage piece had you fight a series of difficult enemies. No puzzles involved. Just courage. I wouldn't have minded a final boss of the temple. Not one that was too difficult, but a rite of passage.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 61

I absolutely loved this temple. It's debatably the best dungeon in the Zelda franchise. It contains the toughest puzzles in Skyward Sword, is a puzzle itself, and forces you to switch and use allof your items extensively in almost every one of its 8 rooms. Phenominal!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Darth_Ghirahim Darth_Ghirahim is a male United States Darth_Ghirahim is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 29

Sky Keep was a great idea for a dungeon, but it felt too short and thin. It wasn't very dense, but i understand creating a dense, intense dungeon in that manner would've been very difficult.

-------------DK/DKjr - M64 - SMS - LM - SS -PiT - BiS - SMG1/2
-------------/-----------------------------------------/-------------------
YS - YI - PiT-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------\-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------SMB1/2/3- SMW - NSMB - ML3D - SMRPG
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM
The Groosinator
View Posts: 236

Agreed about having a boss.

Maybe one that has parts of each of the previous bosses
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 503

I'm glad it didn't have a boss because you pretty much went straight into a boss battle after it was over. Your reward for getting the Triforce was only getting one wish on it and then having it backfire anyway!

But, I loved it! Awesome idea for a dungeon.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,022

It was a very interesting idea for a temple, most of the other temples are the same.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Sheldor the Conqueror
View Posts: 1,033

I liked Skykeep. Could've used a boss, though. Dark Link would've been great.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 98

Liked the idea of moving the rooms around, but I expected a bit more from a final dungeon. I get the symbolism behind having the rooms correlate to places in Hyrule, but it didn't really make a lot of sense.