Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 147
Your magical moment in Skyward Sword

Yes, this thread came up in my mind after I was playing and riding my Epona (Epona = The Crimson Loftwing lol ok we cant put names on the birds but I like to call it Epona hehe) and my dad was watching me playing videogame, and saw me "diving" through the sky and he said that when he was young he aways dreamed that he could fly like I am doing in this game, do some diving in the sky, bungee-jumping, whatever. He liked it. He remembered he's childhood just by watching me playing, and he said it was the most magical moment in he's life (When he was young, the game just made he felt the nostalgia of that magical moment)

So, what is yours magical moment in SS? My one is when you played against the Hordes Battle and I felt just like that movie "300" that I was the only one hero going through the enemies and killing they all, it was so perfect...

OoT - MM - OoS - FS - MC - TP - PH - ST - SS

Currently playing:
LA

Next game I will try to finish:
TWW (need a better graphics video card to try to emulate in my pc)
FSA (same reason for TWW)
Last Edited by LeonardoBarbosa; 12-27-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,358
Re: Your magical moment in Skyward Sword

The single moment that stood out for me was playing through Lanayru Gorge mine-cart obstacle course. I thought it was a beautifully thought out and fresh experience for a 3D Zelda. The combination of intense platforming, combat, and innovation was something I never expected from Zelda. It felt more like Donkey Kong to me. And the music was a perfect fit. A very enchanting experience that definitely gave a "gamer's high."

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 12-27-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: 1984, Hylian Dan
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
The single moment that stood out for me was playing through Lanayru Gorge mine-cart obstacle course. I thought it was a beautifully thought out and fresh experience for a 3D Zelda. The combination of intense platforming, combat, and innovation was something I never expected from Zelda. It felt more like Donkey Kong to me. And the music was a perfect fit. A very enchanting experience that definitely gave a "gamer's high."
Lanayru Gorge is where we ressurect Lanayru right?

I liked the way we use the Timeshift Stones there, and fighting those beamos-like monsters using your shield trying to reflect the beams were nice too.

Currently playing:
LA

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Chekhov's Gunman
View Posts: 496

I haven't finished yet, but now, the most magical moment was when I opened the entrance to the Skyview Temple.

The little cutscene of Link looking down that dark and abandoned corridor was amazing.
"First dungeon. Here we go."

Awsome sig is awsome...
Thank to Diaz in La Tienda de Negro for the amazing work

We are living in a post-Zelda Timeline world. Isn't that scary?
1 person liked this post: Bill
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Finished two dungeons, and none so far.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is online now
Hve­rungr
3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,266

Groose falling down with Link to Faron Woods and declaring it Grooseland. That was pretty great. Then his witnessing Link's fight with the Imprisoned and realizing Link is the hero, the one to save Zelda. And Groose just goes "well ♥♥♥♥ man...here i am with egg on my face..." Something about that was magical. Also the first Time Shift stone i came across. I was all "WHOAH!"

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
5 people liked this post: Bill, Disciple of Midna, Esalia, Ftimis, KeeSomething
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastonbury View Post
I haven't finished yet, but now, the most magical moment was when I opened the entrance to the Skyview Temple.

The little cutscene of Link looking down that dark and abandoned corridor was amazing.
"First dungeon. Here we go."
I aways liked that dramatic cutscene :3 you will see it more times ehehe

Currently playing:
LA

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
windwackster windwackster is a male United Kingdom windwackster is offline
The Wind Waker
View Posts: 877

When I broke that chandelier at Lumpy Pumpkin, that was funny. And afterwards when I found this one youtube comment "Do you know how breaking my chandelier made me feel? Furious, Outraged, SICK WITH ANGER!!" made it all the sweater. =')

As for others, the one with Groose and Link, you know, the one the previous poster here mentioned.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,951

Been a few. Groose falling at Link and their facial expressions, Link comforting Groose after his mind melts at the thought of the 'surface', Groose begrudgingly accepting Link after seeing him fight The Imprisoned, seeing Fi's reaction to Scrapper calling her 'Mistress Fi', hearing Zelda sing, hearing FI sing the Ballad of the Goddess...

Also, the scene where Zelda and Impa go through the Time Gate at the end of the third dungeon. I always thought it looked like the Mirror of Twilight, and it even did the same animation of turning into a tunnel. Zelda throwing the Harp over and seeing the amusing "You got X! But no time to admire it!" pop-up, and screwing Girahim over again.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

The last final fights were great. I had 3 friends screaming and cheering me on, it was hilarious and awesome.
2 people liked this post: Bill, Esalia
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Disciple of Midna Disciple of Midna is a female United States Disciple of Midna is offline
Crazy Link Fangirl #42
View Posts: 262

Flying around on the Loftwing (I named him Ozmone) and after struggling with the flying until that point (before or after Lanayru Mining Facility... not sure which) I finally managed to figure out what I'd been doing wrong, and I've done well since.

When Zelda goes to sleep in the Sealed Temple, and we see Link cry... I wanted to just reach into the TV and hug him.

And, the scene that seems to do it for all of us... We'll call it... Grooseland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneofshadow
Zelda games are similar/have references to other Zelda games. Quick someone call a scientist!!!
1 person liked this post: 1984
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
We're no longer hitchhiking, we're riding!
View Posts: 6,519

The cutscenes where Link learns the songs at the Isle of Songs. I really liked those scenes, and the music.

Din's Power made me smile because it sounded like the kind of music you would dance to, and thus reminded me of Din from Oracle of Seasons.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 09:21 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,253

I had two which stand out to me, one being a cinematic moment, the other from gameplay.

For the cinematic, it was when you opened the Gate of Time in the Sealed Grounds. The visual aspect of it, the way the portal actually formed what with all the lights was really cool. One thing I'll never get out of my head was the sound of the gears, which seem to echo over everything else. Then, the scene where Link reunites with Zelda is beautiful. I especially like the image of him taking her hand and bowing to her, somewhat like a knight bowing to his queen.

As for the gameplay, it was definitely when I fought Koloktos for the first time. There was lots of outstanding gameplay up to that point, but it was during that fight that I felt most drawn into the game for as long as I had played. The fight was challenging, intense, lengthy, and had that amazing soundtrack playing as there was with Moldarach. All the better that, like I had for the entire time I played through the story, I was standing up for the fight, because it just further made me feel like I was actually battling him.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
Last Edited by Jeff; 12-27-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Esalia
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Behind_The_Deku_Tree
Send a message via Skype™ to Deku Tree Guy
View Posts: 1,238

Seeing Groose skydive on Link. The laughter. xD
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Live together, die alone
Send a message via Skype™ to Momo
Wii U ID: MomoShepard 3DS ID: MomoShepard/4897-7258-9301

View Posts: 6,547

Following Fi to the Goddess Statue and actually grabbing and lifting up the Goddess Sword myself. The music was incredible.

Also, receiving the first message from the Goddess at the end of the first dungeon. I loved that music, and Fi's dancing...it was magical.

Also, the cutscene at the first Gate of Time was...intense. Everything that came out of Demise's mouth before the fight was just chilling to say the least.
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 PM
GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,474

When it was revealed that the name of Zelda's "bodyguard" was Impa, I couldn't stop grinning. Impa is always there and it's comforting.
And when the Goddess Sword becomes the Master Sword. It's all like "and the legend begins."

And then Fi sleeping in the Master Sword. It really makes you look at the other games a lot differently, knowing now that she's in the Master Sword.
Last Edited by hijuliaa; 12-27-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Twili
View Posts: 424

From the very start of the game, I knew it was going to be awesome, but I suppose getting to use the sword for the first time was one specific moment. Not that there weren't any other cool or even better parts, but getting to do something as simple as running around and cutting grass and trees and pumpkins, and then enemies, etc., and having it just be so much more immersive was something I'd hoped for when it was announced TP would be ported to the Wii(what a major disappointment that was).
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,693

Well I am only on Dungeon 4 but for days I couldnt stop thinking about the moment after Dungeon 2. The music was so perfect and really meeting Impa for the first time was awesome as I really love her character and how Zelda wanted to go to Link but couldnt. I've said this before but it reminded me of Tales of Symphonia Zelda being like Colette and Link being like Lloyd (how Colette was on some sort of spiritual journey which meant leaving her friends).
1 person liked this post: Disciple of Midna
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Boxx View Post
From the very start of the game, I knew it was going to be awesome, but I suppose getting to use the sword for the first time was one specific moment. Not that there weren't any other cool or even better parts, but getting to do something as simple as running around and cutting grass and trees and pumpkins, and then enemies, etc., and having it just be so much more immersive was something I'd hoped for.
Well said. It's something I take for granted now, but the first time I wielded that crappy trainer's sword (which can't even take out keese in one hit), I was hooked.

I remember the night. A friend and I attended the midnight release and finally popped the game in. We were both immediately gawking over how fun it was to simply cut grass, roll pots, chop trees, stab and throw pumpkins, sprint up walls etc.

Everything felt so fresh and the general improvement in the presentation of . . . . well, everything (animations, attention to detail, physics etc.) . . . was palatable (I meant palpable . . . wow).

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 12-27-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Daring Do
View Posts: 605

pretty much all of it was great, the parts standing out to me would be the timeshift puzzles, and the minecart course. I got such an addrenaline rush from that. and even though the "silent realms" are taken from PH/ST, they are real heart-pounders. Got the game for Christmas, already on board the sand ship, not too hard and not too easy. I don;t see what people dislike about the game, its beautiful. To me, SS is now competing with MM as my favorite Zelda (wierd that both have a repeating initial)