Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,172
Re: Potentially the most frustrating....

Took me a lot of practice to get through it.
I'll be shocked if I ever get a perfect in this game!
Half the time it feels like the controls get off and it does not respond.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 PM
We're no longer hitchhiking, we're riding!
View Posts: 6,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
stabbing the eye was annoying since you moved towards the thing and it moved away from you. But time wise, it wasn't as bad as breaking the pincers off.
You kidding? Breaking the pinchers was easy and quick to do. The rest of the fight was difficult and long.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,645

Aside from completing your obligation to the Lumpy Pumpkin owner, is there any other reward for playing the harp again? I really don't want to try again...
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Xena: Warrior Princess
View Posts: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironspy View Post
I'm a musician as well, but I couldn't get this. I had two problems,

The Wii remote was absolute tosh. I would strum left, and Link would strum all the way left and then he'd go halfway to the right by himself.

Also, are you supposed to move when the "audience" moves back and forth quicker for a few, measures or just follow the rhythm it already had? I tried both and couldn't get it...
THIS. I kept thinking my Wiimote was defective or something. It was so offing frustrating! I ended up turning it 90 degrees, and just taking VERY fast, long and deliberate strokes to get it done. I was sweating by the time I finished it (I had to do it like 10+ times very aggressively). -_- My right arm is now even more disproportionately strong than it was before!
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

From the looks of things i am the only one who got this first try, although they said my playing wasn't the greatest i must have just done enough to pass first try, i just followed the direction of the arms, they went left i went left, they went right i went right, they sped up, i sped up, and for the solo i just went bananas with my Wiimote, for me carrying the pumpkins was a lot harder to get right, that took me about 10 goes, i can do that in one go now but when i first had to do it, man was that frustrating.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Anouki
Send a message via Skype™ to Taggi95
View Posts: 59

Phew... so I'm not alone xD
I just couldn't finish the damn song so at last I made my dad do it for me haha
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
View Posts: 14,292

Am I the only one who got this Heart Piece on my first try?--in both regular mode and Hero mode? I mean, I didn't do well enough to get praise from Kina, but I did well enough to get the Piece of Heart. Just strum the Wii Remote to match the hand movements of the audience members.

As for Moldarach, it was surprisingly hard in its final phase when you have to thrust at its eye. This was a weird boss who started out easy for me, but became harder in subsequent encounters, I guess just psychologically. I kept spin attacking when I meant to thrust (I guess I kept getting nervous and jerking the Nunchuk at the same time I jabbed the Wii Remote forward).

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
Last Edited by Rew; 12-16-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
Am I the only one who got this Heart Piece on my first try?--in both regular mode and Hero mode? I mean, I didn't do well enough to get praise from Kina, but I did well enough to get the Piece of Heart. Just strum the Wii Remote to match the hand movements of the audience members.

As for Moldarach, it was surprisingly hard in its final phase when you have to thrust at its eye. This was a weird boss who started out easy for me, but became harder in subsequent encounters, I guess just psychologically. I kept spin attacking when I meant to thrust (I guess I kept getting nervous and jerking the Nunchuk at the same time I jabbed the Wii Remote forward).
I haven't tried Hero mode yet, still haven't finished my first play through, but i got my heart piece on m first try, i guess we just have good timing.

I don't get why a lot people are saying they struggled with Moldarach, i found him quite easy, i have had to fight him a few times as my GF struggled with him, she got stuck when you had to use the blowgun thing to dig him out of the sand, absolutely loving this game though, never thought i would love the Wii motion controls as much as i do.

The only boss that i struggled with so far is the skeleton dude with four swords, i did him with only 2 hearts left, used my red potion and a fairy on that one.
Last Edited by savill; 12-16-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 695

Did it first try. You girls need to step yo game up.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Anouki
Steam ID: AquilineFury
View Posts: 49

The Silent Realms.

Nobody else seems to have any trouble with these, but I seem to have a combination of "timers make me extremely anxious," "I am naturally really clumsy when I'm under pressure," and "my luck is abysmal and I invariably blunder right into the Waking Water at the worst possible moment, hi mister Guardian, that's a big sword you have."

I've been banging my head against Din's Silent Realm for over a week, now, and I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get past it. *weeps*
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Hylian
View Posts: 611

Do you know where all of the tears are for the Eldin Realm? It took me forever to realize that path to the left from where you start didnt loop and that's where the last two were.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Anouki
Steam ID: AquilineFury
View Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pendants View Post
Do you know where all of the tears are for the Eldin Realm? It took me forever to realize that path to the left from where you start didnt loop and that's where the last two were.
Two weeks later, I beat it. With extreme prejudice. And by the skin of my teeth. Oog.

Not only are there the three off to the left, but once you catch the updraft to there's a few in obscure spots down in the southeastern end of the map. You can see them on the map, and see their glowing beacons, but you can't necessarily get down to them unless you know exactly where they are and how to get there.

I had to use a combination of "scouting the normal volcano area out" and "Prima Official Player's Guide" to claw my way through it.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 AM
We're no longer hitchhiking, we're riding!
View Posts: 6,478

I thought the tears on the slide were the easiest by far. :/ I had more difficulty with the ones further south, but that's just me.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Trill Z Link Trill Z Link is a male United States Trill Z Link is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 57

Playing the harp for Kina was a nail-biter. That should be considered a boss battle. I'm a quarter of the way through hero mode and the play-along side-quest is easily harder than any of it.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,333

It was one of the harder sidequests for me, but at least it is just a sidequest. Unlike the spirit flute sections or some really hard puzzles. To me that makes it much less frustrating. All you're missing out on is a heart piece anyway. On the other hand, this is the first game in a while that makes hunting heart pieces worth it.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Irate. Hostile. Brutal.
Send a message via Skype™ to Advance
Steam ID: owen_smith123
View Posts: 2,052

What? Seriously!?!? You think THAT'S frustrating!? Either Zelda gamers aren't good with music or I am, because I done it first try! He did say it could've been better, but he let me off. Maybe it's because I play a musical instrument...

You Found The Ocarina Of Time!3DS FC: 2836-0166-5283
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Link! Listen! Link! Listen! is a female United Kingdom Link! Listen! is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Mmh... I got the harp playing first try, altough it wasn't the best and it took me around 3 times to try the pumpkin carrying and the first Silent Realm I've done first try. I didn't find it - and probably the following ones - as awful.

But I hate the Imprisoned. It stresses me out and I've only done the first. The third time he starts walking up, he was fast and I know it'll become worse later and I sooo don't want to fight him. I really panicked and ran into his toes all the time, grmpf.

I found the skydiving above the Lumpy Pumpkin quite a try. To get the whole formation with the little monsters, it took me around 8 times for a lousy 20 rupee reward.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Hveđrungr
3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goron Moron View Post
The battle with Moldarch was very frustrating with me. Sure it LOOKS easy,

But Link wouldn't stab his sword into its eye even though I was clearly thrusting my Wiimote forward, and the Wiimote was being responsive with everything else but that. Not to mention that searching for it using the wind jar was a pain and more difficult than it looked.

I got so ticked off that I had flipped it off as soon as Moldarch died. <_<
Odd, i found that boss to be the easiest out of the lot so far. After it died, i was like "oh that was a nice breather boss."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynardFox View Post
The Silent Realms.

Nobody else seems to have any trouble with these, but I seem to have a combination of "timers make me extremely anxious," "I am naturally really clumsy when I'm under pressure," and "my luck is abysmal and I invariably blunder right into the Waking Water at the worst possible moment, hi mister Guardian, that's a big sword you have."

I've been banging my head against Din's Silent Realm for over a week, now, and I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get past it. *weeps*
Yes. Silent Realms made me set the game down for the time being.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Twilight King Zant Twilight King Zant is a male Twilight King Zant is offline
View Posts: 363

I beat the harp minigame my first try. The real challenge is Dodoh's High Dive. I quit playing after I tried it about 10 times.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link! Listen! View Post
Mmh... I got the harp playing first try, altough it wasn't the best and it took me around 3 times to try the pumpkin carrying and the first Silent Realm I've done first try. I didn't find it - and probably the following ones - as awful.

But I hate the Imprisoned. It stresses me out and I've only done the first. The third time he starts walking up, he was fast and I know it'll become worse later and I sooo don't want to fight him. I really panicked and ran into his toes all the time, grmpf.

I found the skydiving above the Lumpy Pumpkin quite a try. To get the whole formation with the little monsters, it took me around 8 times for a lousy 20 rupee reward.
Someone told me it is possible to jump on his head from above. Just get above him, get Groose to stun him, and jump on his head to avoid the whole toe problem altogether.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP

Tags
bro, just got, real, s**t