Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6
Do I have enough time? (TP)

Hello everyone. I go to a boarding school and I am only home for a few days every month. On my last break, I decided to replay and beat Wind Waker(the furthest I had gotten previously was right after the Tower of the Gods, and then in my second playthrough I got to the Tower of the Gods, but only to the beginning).
I was at my dads for the first half of my break, and then at my moms for the second half, so I had 2 days to beat Wind Waker. I put if off a bit on the first day, and only beat the Tower of the Gods. Little did I know that there was a LOT more to the game after beating the Tower of the Gods.

At around 11 o'clock the next day, after a lot of playing, I opened up a guide to see what I had to do next(Please don't kill me. I had serious time constraints. I rarely used the guide and it was mainly only to get through the tedious parts). Turned out now I needed to get 8 triforce charts! I was positive that I just did not have enough time. However, I managed to get them all and all of the money I needed and got all of the pieces in about 4 hours, and then on to Ganon's tower. After some trouble with Puppet Ganon I believe I had beaten it at about 6 am.

Now, I was leaving at like 10 that day, so I was really lucky that I was able to pull through. Now here's the situation right now:

This break, I decided to beat Twilight Princess. I have 3 days at my moms. Day 1, I beat the first temple. That's it. Day 2(today), I have beaten the second temple and got the 16 tears of light for the third one. Now, I want to beat the third one today, but from previous experiences(I have gotten to the third temple before), I know that there is a VERY annoying part coming up, involving a carriage that has a habit of setting on fire. I really don't feel like doing this today. So, I kind of want to just do it tomorrow.

Because of some obligations with family, I will not be able to start my gaming session until around 2:00 pm tomorrow, and I am leaving at 10 in the morning(I would like to get a bit of sleep, but that is not needed). My question is, in those 20 hours, will I be able to beat all of the other temples and ultimately the game? Or am I pushing the time limits too much. Just to confirm, I WILL have a guide open and ready when needed(Again, I feel bad doing it, but I have time constraints and I really want to get the game done. So far, I have yet to actually USE the guide, but have glanced at it just to see what's happening next. I will try not to use the guide at all, and I will only even consider using it if I am REALLY stuck). Is this enough time? Or should I push through the water temple anyway?

Again guys, sorry for using a guide! I don't really use it but for things like the Wind Waker triforce shards I don't have much of an option. I don't want to halt my gaming for a month(it's things like that which made it so both kingdom hearts 1 and 2 are left unbeaten).

Thanks for your response in advance!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 684
Re: Do I have enough time? (TP)

my first playthrough (without a guide) took me about 40 hours, without collecting everything.

I think if you focus on the core quest you could do it, but without a guide it will be pretty tough.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Deku Scrub

I've decided to get the Big Key in the water temple and beat the boss tomorrow. Hopefully the 20 hours I have tomorrow will be enough.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2011, 02:48 AM
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
View Posts: 1,595

20 hours should be fine, not that I support being sleep deprived over a game like that.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Deku Scrub

I won't be sleep deprived, I am taking a bus back to school and will sleep on the bus. The bus ride is very boring anyway.