Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#121 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM
CrankyStalfos CrankyStalfos is a female United States CrankyStalfos is offline
Goron
View Posts: 242
Re: Gametrailers Zelda Coverage

I like the jazzy music in that Volcano Trailer. It makes me giggle for some reason.
  #122 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 363

NINTENDO Y U NO MAKE GAMES THAT I'M NOT DYING TO GET

THIS IS PERFECT BEST GAME EVAR
1 person liked this post: Yohanzor
  #123 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,020

Quote:
I really think the Fire Dragon is Volvagia, that could very well be the reason they won't show us the boss of the Fire Sanctuary, while we've seen all of the other bosses when their dungeons were revealed.
I hope you're right. It would be perfect. The Fire Sanctuary is a PERFECT home for Volvagia. Of all the bosses that could potentially make a return, my vote would go to Volvagia. Plus, we have the dragon imagery and story connection to Ocarina of Time.

Please let this be the case. Volvagia would be so much cooler than another iteration of Gohma.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I do somewhat agree with you. Clearly, they wanted the boss to be a surprise . . .

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature!
  #124 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Twili
View Posts: 445

I'm hoping that the Fire and Desert areas are one and the same. That leaves the third area undiscovered so far.
  #125 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Twili
View Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I'm hoping that the Fire and Desert areas are one and the same. That leaves the third area undiscovered so far.
You know, I'm not sure it even matters at this point. With there seemingly being 3 "versions" of the different areas (normal, silent realm, and time travel) it seems like each area will have a lot more depth than any other game. And even if an area is revealed, we won't know what these other versions are like (particularly the time travel version)
Last Edited by terraphantm; 10-28-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Hylian
View Posts: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
You know, I'm not sure it even matters at this point. With there seemingly being 3 "versions" of the different areas (normal, silent realm, and time travel) it seems like each area will have a lot more depth than any other game. And even if an area is revealed, we won't know what these other versions are like (particularly the time travel version)
...I'm not sure where you got this from, but that's not true.
The "time travel" crystals will only be present in the third province and it's dungeon.
  #127 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Twili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonatesf View Post
...I'm not sure where you got this from, but that's not true.
The "time travel" crystals will only be present in the third province and it's dungeon.
What makes you so sure about that? I don't think anything official has been said about what those things do or where/when they appear

In any case, it's not unusual for something that happens right after the third area to change the course of the rest of the game in the Zelda series
  #128 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Hylian
View Posts: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
What makes you so sure about that? I don't think anything official has been said about what those things do or where/when they appear

In any case, it's not unusual for something that happens right after the third area to change the course of the rest of the game in the Zelda series
We've already seen most of the other areas and there's no crystal to be seen. The crystals look like they'll be the third provinces' "thing", considering it's near the Temple of Time.
In regards to you're second point, time travel just isn't a major theme in the game, and it would just be very random and incoherent if that would happen, to me at least.

EDIT:

Does this make the red fire the sword absorbs Din's Fire?
Will Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind be there as well?

Anyway, I guess this confirms the Godesses' Power is used to create the Master Sword.
Last Edited by Yonatesf; 10-28-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Al "Stinkfoot" Bundy Wins
View Posts: 3,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend View Post
Hmm... Not sure if someone has pinpointed this out before.

But has anyone else realised this?

Similar-looking areas, different game.

There's a large "tree" in both the backgrounds and a bridge that leads to it. However, both the games are generations apart when it comes to the timeline.

What do you think?
It's interestiing to note that the desert is the exact same area where Ghirahim attacks, and where Zelda gives Link the lyre. Note the tree stump and also the Triforce symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon Vader View Post
It's good that Ganon got revived for LOZ because when he invaded Hyrule, he destroyed all of its linearity.
  #130 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Twili
View Posts: 445

Quote:
We've already seen most of the other areas and there's no crystal to be seen. The crystals look like they'll be the third provinces' "thing", considering it's near the Temple of Time.
In regards to you're second point, time travel just isn't a major theme in the game, and it would just be very random and incoherent if that would happen, to me at least.

EDIT:

Anyway, I guess this confirms the Godesses' Power is used to create the Master Sword.
Hey good point! That sounds very likely.
  #131 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Twili

Quote:

EDIT:

Well I don't think it'd be "incoherent" - in every game with the master sword since OoT, the master sword has been involved with time in some way or another. And then if you look at the logo for the game, the bird symbol with the triforce has an aged appearance. It really wouldnt surprise me if some sort of time mechanic ends up being a major part of the story.

About the sword powering up - this'd be cliche, but that might be what the second act of the game is about. Going through a bunch of dungeons and adding that elements power to the master sword so that you can defeat the main demon thing.
Last Edited by terraphantm; 10-28-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,419

Can't believe no one's noticed this yet:

There's a door behind the old lady! Maybe we have to restore the Temple with a time crystal and gather things to open that door. Actually, looks like she's sitting on place to put the sword.

Also:

Kikwis are OK.
Last Edited by Zeal; 10-28-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
View Posts: 4,312

Maybe in the Temple of Time you time travel and see "Impa" really old, do you see how long her single braid is? It's also shaped like a pendulum, and also with Impaz in Twilight Princess we know that Sheikah get really small when they get old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
  #134 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 587

^Yeah, could be. They both also have that teardrop tattoo under one of their eyes.

These facial animations are really reminding me of Wind Waker's animations specifically near the end of the trailer in the flurry of action. Especially Ghirahim's (even though he might look a little funny).

Last Edited by zelda4eva!; 10-28-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #135 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Cersei Lannister Cersei Lannister is a female Cersei Lannister is offline
More wine!

View Posts: 4,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel of Aether View Post
Can't believe no one's noticed this yet:

There's a door behind the old lady! Maybe we have to restore the Temple with a time crystal and gather things to open that door. Actually, looks like she's sitting on place to put the sword.
I think that the picture with the Old Sheikah takes place here...

If it is the ToT I wonder what will be in the Master Sword chamber. Maybe something that will help towards the Master Sword's final state?

P.S. Looks like the Temple of Time wasn't always wheelchair-friendly

EDIT - You can also see those bird statues that we've seen in Skyloft. So the place also has a connection to the Goddess/Skyloft...
Last Edited by Cersei Lannister; 10-28-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Labrynian Rebel
  #136 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Hear That Which I Desire Hear That Which I Desire is a male Hear That Which I Desire is offline
The Triforce
View Posts: 259

What do you guys think is going to happen to Eldin Volcano? Faron Woods gets flooded, the desert gets transported to an earlier era, so what happens to the volcano?

I'm guessing that it gets either snowed over or the volcano erupts.
  #137 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202

On the english, official Skyward Sword site, they have a picture of Dark Lizalfos. Might there be Dark Nuts or an enemy similar to the them from Twilight Princess?

The lady with really long hair that moves like a pendulum does not look like the one who protects Zelda when Ghirahim attacks her. The lady with pendulum-like hair can be related to the Temple of Time in some way, as someone mentioned before me.
  #138 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Hear That Which I Desire Hear That Which I Desire is a male Hear That Which I Desire is offline
The Triforce
View Posts: 259

Oh, goddess. So...much...info...must...organize!

Current Knowledge/Speculation of Progress

Event-Area-Dungeon-Boss-Primary Item

Faron Woods-Skyview Temple-Ghirahim-Beetle
Eldin Volcano-Earth Temple-Scaldera-Bombs
Desert-Temple of Time-Scorpion
Ghirahim attacks Great Bridge (future home of Lake Hylia?)-Harp and MS get
Faron Woods flooded (Floria Lake rises?)-Floria Lake-Ancient Cistern-Koloktos-Whip
Unknown
Gain access to Volcano Summit-Volcano Summit-Fire Sanctuary-Magmanos-Bow?

I included Unknown between the Temple of Time and the Fire Sanctuary because Link has twelve hearts in the FS, meaning that it's the sixth dungeon.
  #139 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Twili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear That Which I Desire View Post
What do you guys think is going to happen to Eldin Volcano? Faron Woods gets flooded, the desert gets transported to an earlier era, so what happens to the volcano?

I'm guessing that it gets either snowed over or the volcano erupts.
I'm guessing eruption. As has been said by a lot of people, Mogmas aren't in any other game and Eldin Volcano seems to be the same as Death Mountain... Presumably it erupts and kills all the Mogma
  #140 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202

If you notice, the red hat on the lady has three triangles on it. It could be related to the Triforce.