Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: As King of Hyrule, you would...
Agree with Ganondorf's desire to rise Hyrule. 13 41.94%
Desire to sink Hyrule away as it is in the game. 18 58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
NintendoGuy7 NintendoGuy7 is a male United States NintendoGuy7 is offline
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to NintendoGuy7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
View Posts: 779
Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Forgive me, but I had always not agreed with the choice made at the end of TWW, for the king to let Hyrule be sunk.
It's effin Hyrule man!
They could easily start back over in that Land, it has so much history, it would have been good for the people of the islands to discover where their descendants are from.

I would have brought Hyrule back up.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nargothrond
View Posts: 4,355
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

The problem with letting Hyrule back up you're not fixing the world, you're destroying the world that everyone knows of. Everyone except Ganondorf and the King would have had their world destroyed just because two nostalgic old guys wanted it that way. It would be just as bad as two people flooding hyrule just because they liked the islands better.

The problem with sealing away Hyrule until a Hero would come to save it is that it took so darn long that everyone forgot about Hyrule. That is except Ganondorf, the King, and YOU. That's what is so great about Wind Waker's ending is that the player themselves has to learn to let go of the past.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Arganan
Great men are defined by their ability to make the most of any situation that confronts them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Celvantis, trimph forks, zelda4eva!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
NintendoGuy7 NintendoGuy7 is a male United States NintendoGuy7 is offline
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to NintendoGuy7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
View Posts: 779
Dang

You make a valid point..
I just thought, letting Hyrule go wasn't the best decision.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Poll added, if that's okay. I may add my thoughts later.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

There's simply no reason for it. Nothing is gained by bringing it back. It's just following one apocalyptic event with another opposite apocalyptic event.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

It did give birth to our least liked Zelda game, PH. As we know, there is evil even outside of Hyrule. TWW happened because Ganondorf was sealed and not killed, and this time in the end he was killed. TP from the other timeline, where Hyrule is still intact, dealt with this and it was not all bad. I feel it's a waste of much needed resources to 'run away' from the problem.
Last Edited by Eriks0n; 10-18-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nargothrond
View Posts: 4,355
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Yeah I really hated that the "glorious future" promised to us by the King, and the freakn' Triforce itself turned out to be PH. Even ST which I liked felt underwhelming on the part of Hyrule, it really is a pathetic little kingdom and is overshadowed since everything in this new land is of Lokomo make and they havn't contributed anything except a castle and some houses. I really want a ST sequel that takes place hundreds of years later where they actually have a nice civilization going, only then will WW's ending not make me sad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Arganan
Great men are defined by their ability to make the most of any situation that confronts them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Eriks0n
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 PM
NintendoGuy7 NintendoGuy7 is a male United States NintendoGuy7 is offline
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to NintendoGuy7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
View Posts: 779
Yep!

Oh yea, a poll is fine!
It will show me who exactly feel what should have been done.
But I mean, OOT, TP, and all other Zelda games showed up how awesome Hyrule is. How Iconic every place is.
You can't build another death mountain.
You can't build another Lake Hylia.
You certainly can't build another lost woods!\
Each place was so magical and full of life.
Various different races lived in peace within that land and the most unexpected things happened.
So much history and life was lived in Hyrule.
How can that land be forgotten and left in the past.
You just can't make a new Hyrule somewhere.
It wouldn't have the things the original had!
Hyrule was created by the goddesses, not by Link and Zelda.
It may have gone through some hardships but the land stands strong!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrynian Rebel View Post
Yeah I really hated that the "glorious future" promised to us by the King, and the freakn' Triforce itself turned out to be PH.
It's funny to think if this is why Ganondorf was laughing his ass off after the King said his desire if he predicted that.
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Florina Laufeyson, Labrynian Rebel
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Purple Lemon Purple Lemon is a female United States Purple Lemon is offline
*HAS A TERRIBLE TALES SERIES RUBBER PHONE STRAP ADDICTION*
Send a message via AIM to Purple Lemon
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
View Posts: 2,000
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

I kinda think they should have brought Hyrule back. I kinda didn't really get the end. The King loved his country - I don't see anything wrong with that. He acted like it was a bad obsession that had to be kicked or a foolish wish that was bad for everybody, but I think it's in the heart of any good ruler to want the best for his country, whether it's still alive or has been sunken or destroyed. Clearly the regrets he had for it kept him lingering long after the events were said and done, and he had Link all over that huge freaking ocean just to save it... and then he wishes for it to sink and disappear into time. WTF?

I liked WW a lot, but I think the storyline lacked a lot of the magic and epic adventure feel the other games had.
It had that ancient history, but it wasn't really all that mystical and magical. Zelda was passed down the Triforce of Wisdom, which was okay cool, but Link had to find the Triforce of Courage, he wasn't born with it as in other games. I dunno why, but personally I always thought that "born with a destiny for greatness" thing pretty awesome when it came to Link, ever since I played AoL. They did state Link had nothing to do with the original Hero of Time, (Though perhaps his spirit reborn, but that may also have been figurative...) but some of his various incarnations have been born with the Triforce, or inherit it later in the game.
And after all that trouble of getting it, it was kind of anticlimactic when Ganon just smacked him around and took it, just like that.
Of course, I know a lot of it is also to arrange game play, such as searching for the pieces of the Triforce. But I feel it could have been integrated a bit better or something.

Why was Tetra "Princess Zelda?" Wasn't she merely an heir to the line? Even if she was Zelda's spirit reborn (though I don't think they really state it... seems to me a general passing down the line, just as with the two Sages) she's still her own person. I might suggest Zelda being her "true" name, but she even says, "I don't know any Zelda" or something when the King addresses her.

Something just bothers me about it... maybe it was too simplified and not fleshed out enough or explained well?
I definitely didn't like the line about how the original Hero left the kingdom and "was separated from the things that made him a hero." So he wasn't a valid hero without the Triforce? WW Link didn't have the Triforce til the very end, though I guess he was never really thought of as a hero until then either. Meh, I prefer the "Destiny" thing.

Guh I don't remember PH and haven't played enough of ST to really get the story.. Can't really speak on the events/games after WW.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lemon View Post
I definitely didn't like the line about how the original Hero left the kingdom and "was separated from the things that made him a hero." So he wasn't a valid hero without the Triforce?
The Hero of Time left the kingdom by going back in time, sent by Zelda, that caused a split in the timeline. So it was not a physical departure that "invalidated" him, it was a departure through time that made him no longer around that made him legend. This is why TWW Link cannot be the HoT reborn and had to earn the shattered pieces.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Purple Lemon Purple Lemon is a female United States Purple Lemon is offline
*HAS A TERRIBLE TALES SERIES RUBBER PHONE STRAP ADDICTION*
Send a message via AIM to Purple Lemon
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
View Posts: 2,000
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Man View Post
The Hero of Time left the kingdom by going back in time, sent by Zelda, that caused a split in the timeline. So it was not a physical departure that "invalidated" him, it was a departure through time that made him no longer around that made him legend. This is why TWW Link cannot be the HoT reborn and had to earn the shattered pieces.
That is a fuzzy issue since he left no line to pass down the Triforce. I both like and dislike the continuation of that timeline, without the original Link.

Perhaps my qualms are more with the way WW Link seemed mashed into the game at random. Especially after OoT Link had great purpose right from the get go. To me anyway, this is bothersome... most people seem to have no issues with this.
Not that he didn't have merits as a hero, of course, as he proved that by surmounting all the difficulties set upon him, and defeating Ganon. But it seemed more coincidental.
Then again I think other games sort of chose a Link at random... but they always seemed to make him mesh more. Or at least in a way I didn't really think about it or not (like ALTTP, I think...)
First time I played through I took the rebirth theory literally, but now I'm thinking it is more just a figurative thing. Then again, both Ganon and the King made comments about it, so maybe it is literal.
I dogenerally prefer the "preordained fate" to just some random set of coincidences and people thrown together in an epic story like a Zelda plot, no matter how good the overall story is. Of course, if he WAS literally reborn, then it makes sense enough. So I guess I'll just go with that XD
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Unizu-chan United States Unizu-chan is offline
Eucalyptus
Send a message via Yahoo to Unizu-chan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: On Haley's Moms couch :P
View Posts: 310
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

I think I would, for the sake of Ganondorf not coming back, cause that...man...NEVER...DIES...! and because the kingdom had no one living in it anymore, so what's the point! I think the cool thing is, is that he killed himself for the sake of link and Zelda (tetra). I Like him, he's a cool dude....but what's your question again...oh yeah if it were me...then No
__________________
"You never know how strong you are until strong is all you can be..."

-Briana Francois

Erin,You will never be Forgotten...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lemon View Post
First time I played through I took the rebirth theory literally, but now I'm thinking it is more just a figurative thing. Then again, both Ganon and the King made comments about it, so maybe it is literal.
I dogenerally prefer the "preordained fate" to just some random set of coincidences and people thrown together in an epic story like a Zelda plot, no matter how good the overall story is. Of course, if he WAS literally reborn, then it makes sense enough. So I guess I'll just go with that XD
The King knew the HoT traveled back through time so it's figurative. It's questionable if Ganondorf knew, HoW (TWW Link) did remind him of the HoT in some ways that made him comment that. If he was the HoT reborn, you'd think it would happen a lot sooner when Ganondorf broke free of the seal (the disaster causing a flood in the backstory) that left no hero.

See TP, happened from the child timeline where the HoT did his adventure in Termina. TP Link could be the HoT reborn, since he already inherited a piece from the get go. Or it was not relevant to that and it chose him like the HoT was chosen. It shattered in the adult timeline because the holder of the piece stopped existing.
Last Edited by Eriks0n; 10-19-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Purple Lemon Purple Lemon is a female United States Purple Lemon is offline
*HAS A TERRIBLE TALES SERIES RUBBER PHONE STRAP ADDICTION*
Send a message via AIM to Purple Lemon
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
View Posts: 2,000
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Man View Post
The King knew the HoT traveled back through time so it's figurative. It's questionable if Ganondorf knew, HoW (TWW Link) did remind him of the HoT in some ways that made him comment that. If he was the HoT reborn, you'd think it would happen a lot sooner when Ganondorf broke free of the seal (the disaster causing a flood in the backstory) that left no hero.

See TP, happened from the child timeline where the HoT did his adventure in Termina. TP Link could be the HoT reborn, since he already inherited a piece from the get go. Or it was not relevant to that and it chose him like the HoT was chosen. It shattered in the adult timeline because the holder of the piece stopped existing.
Oh that makes a lot of sense.
I thought that too, that a hero should have appeared sooner... do they ever say exactly how long after OoT Ganon escaped? I was wondering that too; the intro says the people expected the HoT to reappear... but was it within a reasonable lifespan? maybe they thought he was ageless or something? Or for some miracle?

And did the King really know the HoT traveled back in time though? I can't recall any specific incident where they said that, but I could easily have missed or forgotten it.
I don't really recall anywhere in the game implying that they knew where the HoT went, though the King did seem very well versed in things everyone else had forgotten or time had obscured.

I thought it was funny how Ganon was playing with WW Link. And he kept goading Link on, though it was probably as much play as it was taunting. I wonder if he seriously wanted a challenge though, maybe even revenge on WW Link's predecessor through WW Link.
It was almost like he didn't take the whole thing seriously, even after the King made his wish and the Triforce disappeared.
Perhaps he cracked after being sealed away so long.

I share the same potential views on TP Link. WW Link is kind of sketchy though, at least to me. I suppose ultimately you are just supposed to take things like that at face value (i.e. "WW Link is the hero, end of discussion."), but I always wonder about those sorts of things and if it is coincidental within the greater story, or if there is some kind of purpose for him specifically being chosen.
Last Edited by Purple Lemon; 10-19-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nargothrond
View Posts: 4,355
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

WW Link was never a destined hero, that's why Jabun and Valoo expressed concern to the King that they didn't think it was a good idea to have him face Ganon, but the King disagreed since he thought WW Link had proven himself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Arganan
Great men are defined by their ability to make the most of any situation that confronts them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: trimph forks
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Snurtlicious Snurtlicious is a male United States Snurtlicious is offline
party
Send a message via Skype™ to Snurtlicious
Steam ID: Snurtlicious 3DS ID: 3480-3672-1360
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A Room With A Moose.
View Posts: 4,193
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

I would've brought Hyrule back. Then we could've explored the area around the castle. I always wondered what a WW-style overworld would be like, since we only have boat/train based travel in those games.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2011, 06:51 PM
My life from Z to A My life from Z to A is a female United States My life from Z to A is offline
Sometimes, it's not just the hand you're dealt, but the cards you play.
Join Date: Feb 2011
View Posts: 347
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lemon View Post
I kinda think they should have brought Hyrule back. I kinda didn't really get the end. The King loved his country - I don't see anything wrong with that. He acted like it was a bad obsession that had to be kicked or a foolish wish that was bad for everybody, but I think it's in the heart of any good ruler to want the best for his country, whether it's still alive or has been sunken or destroyed. Clearly the regrets he had for it kept him lingering long after the events were said and done, and he had Link all over that huge freaking ocean just to save it... and then he wishes for it to sink and disappear into time. WTF?

I liked WW a lot, but I think the storyline lacked a lot of the magic and epic adventure feel the other games had.
It had that ancient history, but it wasn't really all that mystical and magical. Zelda was passed down the Triforce of Wisdom, which was okay cool, but Link had to find the Triforce of Courage, he wasn't born with it as in other games. I dunno why, but personally I always thought that "born with a destiny for greatness" thing pretty awesome when it came to Link, ever since I played AoL. They did state Link had nothing to do with the original Hero of Time, (Though perhaps his spirit reborn, but that may also have been figurative...) but some of his various incarnations have been born with the Triforce, or inherit it later in the game.
And after all that trouble of getting it, it was kind of anticlimactic when Ganon just smacked him around and took it, just like that.
Of course, I know a lot of it is also to arrange game play, such as searching for the pieces of the Triforce. But I feel it could have been integrated a bit better or something.

Why was Tetra "Princess Zelda?" Wasn't she merely an heir to the line? Even if she was Zelda's spirit reborn (though I don't think they really state it... seems to me a general passing down the line, just as with the two Sages) she's still her own person. I might suggest Zelda being her "true" name, but she even says, "I don't know any Zelda" or something when the King addresses her.

Something just bothers me about it... maybe it was too simplified and not fleshed out enough or explained well?
I definitely didn't like the line about how the original Hero left the kingdom and "was separated from the things that made him a hero." So he wasn't a valid hero without the Triforce? WW Link didn't have the Triforce til the very end, though I guess he was never really thought of as a hero until then either. Meh, I prefer the "Destiny" thing.

Guh I don't remember PH and haven't played enough of ST to really get the story.. Can't really speak on the events/games after WW.
For your first paragraph, I must disagree, to an extent. The reason I don't agree is: it isn't the landscape or the scenery that made Hyrule a country; it was the ones who lived in it. Everyone who knew of Hyrule has long passed, and if the king were to bring it back, it would mean sacrificing all those who were living in the present world to live in a long lost, long forgotten, and simply unnecessary land. Unnecessary in the fact that, there is no longer any reason to bring it back for those that are still living; the time for the ancestors that lived in Hyrule is long passed.

As I do agree that the king had done much to preserve the land of Hyrule by sending TWW Link on his quest, in a way, Hyrule was the reason for endangering the sea above Hyrule in the first place. Ganon(dorf?) simply wanted to take control of the Triforce, and bring back the flooded world that was overrun by the Goddesses to keep the king of darkness himself away; if Hyrule was destroyed for good, there was no more threat to the ocean as the current people living there knew it. Without Hyrule, there was no more danger, and no more tragedies would occur (the ocean's flood was, in fact, a tragedy that occurred because of an attempt to save Hyrule).

Agreed, however, that I prefer the "destiny" standpoint myself. I think it adds an entire new point of interest to the LoZ series; that the Goddesses fate was guiding the protagonists and heroes to their unavoidable yet intriguing end.

As for why Tetra was "Zelda," so to speak, I think that's Nintendo's way of saying, "It's a Zelda game, we need to stick her in there somehow!" and giving her a unique new character to hide behind.
__________________
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5363353&dateline=1342  893978


Sometimes,

it's not just the hand you're dealt,

but the cards you play.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Purple Lemon Purple Lemon is a female United States Purple Lemon is offline
*HAS A TERRIBLE TALES SERIES RUBBER PHONE STRAP ADDICTION*
Send a message via AIM to Purple Lemon
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
View Posts: 2,000
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My life from Z to A View Post
For your first paragraph, I must disagree, to an extent. The reason I don't agree is: it isn't the landscape or the scenery that made Hyrule a country; it was the ones who lived in it. Everyone who knew of Hyrule has long passed, and if the king were to bring it back, it would mean sacrificing all those who were living in the present world to live in a long lost, long forgotten, and simply unnecessary land. Unnecessary in the fact that, there is no longer any reason to bring it back for those that are still living; the time for the ancestors that lived in Hyrule is long passed.

As I do agree that the king had done much to preserve the land of Hyrule by sending TWW Link on his quest, in a way, Hyrule was the reason for endangering the sea above Hyrule in the first place. Ganon(dorf?) simply wanted to take control of the Triforce, and bring back the flooded world that was overrun by the Goddesses to keep the king of darkness himself away; if Hyrule was destroyed for good, there was no more threat to the ocean as the current people living there knew it. Without Hyrule, there was no more danger, and no more tragedies would occur (the ocean's flood was, in fact, a tragedy that occurred because of an attempt to save Hyrule).

Agreed, however, that I prefer the "destiny" standpoint myself. I think it adds an entire new point of interest to the LoZ series; that the Goddesses fate was guiding the protagonists and heroes to their unavoidable yet intriguing end.

As for why Tetra was "Zelda," so to speak, I think that's Nintendo's way of saying, "It's a Zelda game, we need to stick her in there somehow!" and giving her a unique new character to hide behind.
Well, I would think the idea would be to reunite everybody back onto the main land, instead of having them scattered on the islands. Of course I understand your standpoint of them having accepted the world as it was, and if it were to go back to the original land, it would disrupt their way of life, but that happened once before. If the original kingdom were restored, there would be much more to gain than just a few simple islands scattered about.
I have to disagree about it being the people, per se, that made up the country. I don't also think it was the land, necessarily, either. However, reuniting the people and reforming the country would satisfy both criteria.
Perhaps an argument of revival merely because of the epicness of the overall country and its history. I guess I disagree that all that heritage and history was lost, and in effect dead after the King wished it to remain under the sea.
After all, Link and Tetra are kind of expected to go out and find a "new" Hyrule... but at that point it wouldn't be Hyrule at all, despite what they named it or what their intentions would be. To that extent the kingdom, or "idea" of it, would rely on its location or land.

I have to say though, there's no assurance that the kingdom, dead and sunken, or revived, wouldn't still have its share of crisis or tragedy. I assume it's still connected to the Triforce and the Master Sword. They never do say what happened to the Wind Waker, but someone might happen upon it and somehow learn how to harness its power, or perhaps find a different way in, if they studied the old myths and legends well enough.
It might be far fetched, but with the Triforce, trouble has always followed closely behind.

I like that "Fate" thing too, because while it might be thrust upon one who is unwilling or unwitting, it's exciting to see someone (Link in this case) learn he isn't just a simple Kokiri, or ranch hand, but has great abilities and potential, and an even greater role, and watching him blossom into said role. It's so different than real life, it's exciting In retrospect, just going about your life and accidentally being swept up into events... even if you persevere and prove yourself, even save the world, it isn't as neat as that preordained fate. Still neat, but too coincidental for my liking! I mean, yeh, Link was the one who got swept up into WW's plot, in this case, but it could have been anybody with enough drive or the right personality. There's nothing mystical or magical about THAT!

And I can buy that for the whole Tetra/Zelda thing! Some things you just gotta take at face value
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Terminus Shade United States Terminus Shade is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the dark of the night
View Posts: 61
Re: Take role of King of Hyrule: Would you have let Hyrule sink and be forgotten?

Sometimes it's better to let the relics of the past fade into the annals of history. The King did what he had to do to preserve the lives of his people. If that's not admirable, I don't know what is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: BronyofTime
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -