Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
eens123 eens123 is a male United States eens123 is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NJ
View Posts: 2
Thumbs up The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

I enjoyed playing the game: "The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess" as much as I enjoyed any other Zelda game, but this one contained many more flaws, some that weren't in any of the past games.
It particularly bugged me when I got to one of the two main antagonists, Usurper King: Zant. In the beginning, he seemed like a calm, powerful opponent. I figured he would be a really fun, complex boss to defeat. A week or so later, after I had made it far enough, I had beaten his dungeon and gone into the boss room. But, what did I see? I saw Zant throwing a fit over his loss. What an unnessary and dramatic twist. However, not only was he completely different in personality. He was one of the easiest bosses I have ever fought in a Zelda game!
That brings me across another topic. This game didn't impress me with difficulty. I never died AT ALL from combat, unless it involved an enemy pushing me off a cliff. My biggest challenge was the Cave of Ordeals. I had 17 hearts when I challenged that dungeon, and came out with 4. I didn't even have to use the Rare Chu Jelly I worked so hard to obtain! I'm sorry it was upsetting.
The final battle or battles were just like Zant. They seem all big and bad, but in the end, it was like one mini-boss battle. I defeated Puppeted Zelda without taking a hit, Ganon taking 2 hearts, Horseback taking no hits, and Ganondorf only hit 1 and a 1/2 hearts.
Okay, overall I liked the game. The puzzles were complex, especially the one to get to the Master Sword. The graphics were the best yet, and the combat look was great, but the combat complexity lacked almost everything.

Rating:
Graphics - 9/10
Combat - 9/10
Combat Complex. - 5/10
Puzzle Complex. - 10/10
Fun - 10/10
Overall - 43/50

I would definetely recommend this game to any Zelda lover. The only one I liked better was: "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time."

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy playing: "The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess!"
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 PM
KingOfHeart KingOfHeart is offline
King Of Hyrule
Join Date: Dec 2005
View Posts: 3,314
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Flaws had to be difficulty, bug hunting, and events between dungeons.
The bug hunting part was boring.
I forget who said it but he said the dungeons were a chore, and he's right.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2011, 05:59 AM
eens123 eens123 is a male United States eens123 is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NJ
View Posts: 2
Dungeons - A Chore

Yes, I guess you could consider a few of the dungeons a chore. The only ones I enjoyed were the lakebed temple, the snowpeak ruins, ( I like the puzzling kinds of dungeons) and the forest and goron temples. The game had a good start. The beginning was clever, but it started to lose that cleverness as the game went on.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Abyss Master Abyss Master is a male Norway Abyss Master is offline
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hell if I know
View Posts: 4,970
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

I think you must have made the most redundant thread in this entire board, because pretty much every topic about Twilight Princess becomes a discussion about its flaws at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-07-2011, 02:10 AM
The Legend of Tingle The Legend of Tingle is a male United States The Legend of Tingle is offline
Fairy Ocarina of Time
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: U.S.S.A.
View Posts: 220
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Worst flaw: not being able to keep rupees from a chest when your wallet is full. I like to 100% dungeons in Zelda games. Having to come back later to get rupees is so ♥♥♥♥ing annoying!
__________________
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!
...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-07-2011, 02:38 AM
hyrule_legend76 hyrule_legend76 is a female United States hyrule_legend76 is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 112
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

I'm just glad you didn't call it The Ocarina of Time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Linksoer
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Bladivine Bladivine is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Sep 2011
View Posts: 15
I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by eens123 View Post
I enjoyed playing the game: "The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess" as much as I enjoyed any other Zelda game, but this one contained many more flaws, some that weren't in any of the past games.
It particularly bugged me when I got to one of the two main antagonists, Usurper King: Zant. In the beginning, he seemed like a calm, powerful opponent. I figured he would be a really fun, complex boss to defeat. A week or so later, after I had made it far enough, I had beaten his dungeon and gone into the boss room. But, what did I see? I saw Zant throwing a fit over his loss. What an unnessary and dramatic twist."
I disagree, Zant was crazy before it was not a twist.

He was obseessed to become the twili king and when midna was coronated the twili king he becamed crazy and full of rage, Then he meets ganondorf who gives him an darker and evil power and therefore a part of ganondorf himself meaning that his behavior will be a ganondor-more a like ( they kinda became one being). When you finnally engage him he goes mad again showing his true-self.
Last Edited by Bladivine; 10-02-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Yeah, a dude having a breakdown because everything is being taken away from isn't so much a twist as just a thing that happens.

And having him be an insecure wreck putting on a show of stoic omnipotence makes him the most complex villain we've ever had in this series because it implies that he has a thought process beyond "EVIL".


How in the hell is puzzle complexity a 10/10? Ninety percent of the puzzles have the solution either explained, demonstrated, or established for you.

And combat is 9 even though you complain about how easy and simplistic it is? What was so good about it that you failed to mention?
Last Edited by TheGhostOfMandrag; 10-02-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nargothrond
View Posts: 4,357
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

The huge plot-holes of WHY did Ilia lose her memory, and WHY were the children kidnapped, and HOW and WHY did Ganondorf have Zelda's body.

Also Midna was a great character, but Link, Zelda and Ganondorf were really weak characters and they didn't even belong in the story. Link wanted to save the kids and Ilia whose kidnappings is never explained, Zelda actually does some stuff for the plot but only a bit at the beginning, and Ganondorf just shows up at the end and doesn't even care about the triforce anymore when that was his motivation, he doesn't even want Link's or Zelda's, he's fine and dandy with his piece.

Also the bug searches with the wolf was fine until Lanayru Province, that was tedious and annoying.

Also the city was boring because there was nothing to do and you could barely go anywhere you could only LOOK at buildings and people for the most part. HUGE step down from WW and MM.

Other then that it was a pretty good game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Arganan
Great men are defined by their ability to make the most of any situation that confronts them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Elmi Elmi is a male Elmi is offline
Alrighttt ~
Join Date: Jun 2011
View Posts: 46
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

The game only revolved around Midna, if only Link had more character development, other than being the main hero.
__________________

어떤 비교도 난 거부해
이건 겸손한 얘기
가치를 논하자면 난
Billion dollar baby <3
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Dogbert Dogbert is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: May 2009
View Posts: 78
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Don 't forget the moronic wolf form...all you did was run around like an idiot and fight generic, boring enemies.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
<|:D <|:D is a male Canada <|:D is offline
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
View Posts: 1,643
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

I think we can all agree that Twilight Princess was the worst 3D Zelda game on a major console, of course not counting hand held, because even Twilight Princess can't beat PH or ST.
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Bill, Deku Tree Guy
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
AXavierB AXavierB is a male AXavierB is offline
I will always be watching you from the shadows.
Send a message via AIM to AXavierB Send a message via Yahoo to AXavierB Send a message via Skype™ to AXavierB
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southfield, Michigan
View Posts: 1,948
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Spirit Tracks was awesome. But Phantom Hourglass was pretty lame so I'll give you that one.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: TheGhostOfMandrag
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Spirit Tracks beats the ♥♥♥♥ outta Twilight Princess. People just don't give it a chance because it looks the same as Phantom Hourglass at a glance.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Deku Tree Guy
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 AM
solo solo is a female United States solo is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mos Eisley Cantina
View Posts: 65
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

The entire game.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,524
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by <|:D View Post
I think we can all agree that Twilight Princess was the worst 3D Zelda game on a major console, of course not counting hand held, because even Twilight Princess can't beat PH or ST.
Don't speak for everyone.

It is my personal opinion that Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda so far.
__________________

???

Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: keyaki
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
jameslieb1 jameslieb1 is a male United States jameslieb1 is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Feb 2011
View Posts: 704
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Stop complaining about TP, you people have no backbone in your arguments. The story, combat, overworld, dungeons, and graphics are just as good as any other Zelda game, if not better in some cases.
Last Edited by jameslieb1; 10-13-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nargothrond
View Posts: 4,357
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostOfMandrag View Post
Spirit Tracks beats the ♥♥♥♥ outta Twilight Princess. People just don't give it a chance because it looks the same as Phantom Hourglass at a glance.
THIS Spirit Tracks was great and all I hear is "it's just Phantom Hourglass but with a boring train"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Arganan
Great men are defined by their ability to make the most of any situation that confronts them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslieb1 View Post
Stop complaining about TP, you people have no backbone in your arguments. The story, combat, overworld, dungeons, and graphics are just as good as any other Zelda game, if not better in some cases.
Story was more detailed but that just brought out how bad it was. The same story with less time spent telling us about it would have been better.

Combat control was an improvement but the enemies were made weaker and stupider which brought the combat experience as a whole down, leaving it the least enjoyable combat in a 3D entry.

Overworld was big and empty. It's a criticism I've seen thrown back at WW and OoT but, the fact is, OoT's was a one-area hub connecting the parts where you actually play in instead of a giant four-sectioned expanse of tedium and WW had enemies that you actually had to pay attention to.

The dungeon puzzles were more telegraphed than ever before in the series, leaving you little opportunity to figure stuff out on your own, they had extremely anticlimactic bosses (two exceptions), and new items and mechanics didn't get enough use outside the dungeons they were introduced in.

Graphics were technically powerful but the art design was lacking. This is a subjective point, though, so neither of us get it.

So no, they were neither as good or better. It's not just not as good as we wanted; it's not as good as we've had before or since.
Last Edited by TheGhostOfMandrag; 10-13-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Twilight King Zant Twilight King Zant is a male Twilight King Zant is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Twilight Realm
View Posts: 363
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Flaws

Zant is no flaw. You just do not understand his character and were mislead by his false behavior in the beginning.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -