Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
King of Heroes
View Posts: 1,520
Re: Zelda Wii Trailer in October?

The thing is, no matter how much ZWii fixes with the previous games, no matter how much it does right, the die-hard fans (a good many of us, including me) will find something wrong with it and complain about it until it seems like the error was so bad that it's an effective game-breaker to us.

Then Nintendo will go back to it's previous formula where said 'flaw' doesn't exist, then we'll complain that it's the same **** formula. So yeah...

WHEN IT DOES SOMETHING NEW, NOOOOO COMPLAINING!
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Am I wrong? Have I run too far to get home?
View Posts: 311

I'll probably wind up bringing along my Wii and 360, just to make sure my parents don't sell 'em O_o

W007!
yeah, i'm a linearist... what?!
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Link,he came to town...(this song iritates me..)
View Posts: 441

I hope this will happen!I can't wait!!

Visit me at Zeldapedia and Zelda fanon!!
And on deviant art!!!
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
The Sword Guy The Sword Guy is a male United Kingdom The Sword Guy is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 87

As long as it resembles the actual game. Look at TP's 2004 trailer (before it got it's name).

I don't remeber that epic battle in the final game. Nor do I remember that massive, hilly overworld. Or that beautiful, open forest. Or even the stream in Hyrule field.

The trailer should show what the finished product looks like, rather than raising their hopes then giving them something that dosen't match the glorious original trailer.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sword Guy View Post
As long as it resembles the actual game. Look at TP's 2004 trailer (before it got it's name).

I don't remeber that epic battle in the final game. Nor do I remember that massive, hilly overworld. Or that beautiful, open forest. Or even the stream in Hyrule field.

The trailer should show what the finished product looks like, rather than raising their hopes then giving them something that dosen't match the glorious original trailer.
That trailer was created before the main thrust of development began, so whilst they had various parts of the engine working, the content of the game itself had barely been started. The reason why the early screens and trailers focus just on Link walking around hitting enemies is because they were not at the stage in dvelopment to show anything more advanced.

Not to mention that Miyamoto 'upened the teatable' sometime later in development, which would have changed the final product considerably.

As for the topic's subject, Miyamoto wanted to show the game at E3, so it must be at a showable state. He also said he'd wait until next E3 to show it properly, so I wouldn't count on a trailer appearing in October.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640

Quote:
Not this again.

Quote:

Games change during the years in development, sometimes drastically! Just look at any early beta trailer of OoT, MM or WW and you'll see.

TP is superior to its half-finished beta brother. It's a finished product for christ's sake; the beta is not. Take a good look at the trailer again, without the hate-glasses please.

The "beautiful" areas are small or completely barren (except the first overview shot of the field, that one is stunning), the forest is classic beta - generic and dull - with trees spammed here and there and the EPIC BATTLE is anything but epic, it's just a bunch of enemies chasing Link. The areas look like OoT but with somewhat nicer textures.

All of these things are in final TP in one way or another. The EPIC BATTLE is still in TP and I am sure I saw a stream somewhere in southern Hyrule Field.
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Sorrow View Post
Guys, it's been in development for quite a while now, hasn't it? They're aiming for a late 2010 release, maybe early 2011, too. They shoudld at least have some material ready, if only a teaser. Really, after revealing artwork at E3, I'd be pretty worried if they didn't show us anything this year!
finally someone whos using logic instead of how they feel. im up for it both ways, not getting my hopes up, but i wont say its impossible just because WE all found out this summer of the new Wii game.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Marshmallow Moo Marshmallow Moo is a female United States Marshmallow Moo is offline
derp
Send a message via AIM to Marshmallow Moo
View Posts: 1,095

Well, think about it, the first trailer for TP came out two whole years before the game was actually released, albeit it revealed very little besides graphics and on-horse combat. If a trailer were to be release next month, keep in mind that it WILL NOT show anything of real importance. And most of it won't even be in the final game.

-thank you veritas for the lovely sig& avvy-
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

^ I doubt that. I think with this new one they're keeping it behind wraps for longer than they did with TP, with all of its hype backlash. I think this one's getting the same treatment as Other M seems to be getting.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

...We know almost nothing about ST and it's coming out in 3 months. By the time PH was 4 months away I knew the entire plot. ALL OF IT! D= Which is bad. This is Nintendo's new policy, they want to be better at getting products ready without letting the fanbase into everything.

If there is a Nintendo event...it's confirmed right? Then Z-Wii will at least be mentioned. That's all I'm saying. I hope Eiji Aunoma is there.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Hylian
View Posts: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senap View Post
Not this again.

Games change during the years in development, sometimes drastically! Just look at any early beta trailer of OoT, MM or WW and you'll see.

TP is superior to its half-finished beta brother. It's a finished product for christ's sake; the beta is not. Take a good look at the trailer again, without the hate-glasses please.

The "beautiful" areas are small or completely barren (except the first overview shot of the field, that one is stunning), the forest is classic beta - generic and dull - with trees spammed here and there and the EPIC BATTLE is anything but epic, it's just a bunch of enemies chasing Link. The areas look like OoT but with somewhat nicer textures.

All of these things are in final TP in one way or another. The EPIC BATTLE is still in TP and I am sure I saw a stream somewhere in southern Hyrule Field.
Every thing this guy said is exactly how I feel.
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2009, 07:40 AM
The impulsive L The impulsive L is a male Finland The impulsive L is offline
And the bathmonkeys...
View Posts: 825

There probably won't be a Nintendo fall event this year besides the one in Kyoto Cross Media Convention.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 103

A trailer this October wouldn't be unusual but it would be unlikely.

The way I see it is that if Nintendo talks about Zelda before one of the already announced triple A games (Like Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M or even Red Steel 2) gets released then that would undermine those products.

Zelda is an unrivaled series within the industry and any tidbit on it would be a show stopper for anyone sharing the same stage.

With the new game, Nintendo has consistently been quoted as saying that they want to outdo the highest rated game in gaming history. Zelda Wii will be measured against other adventure games such as Mass Effect series, Bioshock series, ElderScroll series and the like.

You can't outdo the finest in the industry without investing more time and money then your competitors who are also trying to achieve the same thing but on superior hardware.

Off topic, but I feel that the TP 2004 trailer and the final game did have many and significant inconsistencies. However, TP is a great game by industry standards and I can't go against that.
Last Edited by Segnit; 09-25-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Creepy Iwamoto is creepy.
View Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by The impulsive L View Post
There probably won't be a Nintendo fall event this year besides the one in Kyoto Cross Media Convention.
I'll be really freaking pissed if we have to wait to GDC for the next Nintendo conference.

Youtubez
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankki1 View Post
I'll be really freaking pissed if we have to wait to GDC for the next Nintendo conference.
I sure don't mind that at all. Being hyped for a game/movie/whatever for more than a year is tiring
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
copyright lololol
Send a message via Skype™ to Tess
Steam ID: toastytessums Wii U ID: toastytessums

View Posts: 2,693

Even if a trailer isn't shown, they should at least give us the name of the game, right? I remember reading somewhere that we're gonna hear the name of the new Zelda sometime in 2009.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Bigglesworth Bigglesworth is a male United States Bigglesworth is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 31

I personally hope it has the darkness and the Amazing gameplay as Twilight princess trailer 2. Running from giant spiders? Beta Hyrule? no freaking Twilight? A game like this, a game with link... mabye midna and no freaking Twilight will be a master piece.. add some blood. A very dark overtone, rated T or M... you got yourself the best Zelda game to be made.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 8,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Even if a trailer isn't shown, they should at least give us the name of the game, right? I remember reading somewhere that we're gonna hear the name of the new Zelda sometime in 2009.
If you're saying anything like this, please try and provide a source.

Swing by the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread and Motivation/Inspiration Thread to keep you on progess with any goals you'd like to accomplish!
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,460

I really wouldn't be surprised if we got at least a little teaser--in fact, I'm kind of expecting it. If all goes well with the game and it does indeed get released in 2010, then it would make perfect sense for Nintendo to release a trailer around this time--about a year before the game's anticipated release.

I don't think I'll be too dissapointed if they don't, though. I always find myself expecting the unexpected with Nintendo, whatever that might be.

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
copyright lololol
Send a message via Skype™ to Tess
Steam ID: toastytessums Wii U ID: toastytessums

View Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Knight View Post
If you're saying anything like this, please try and provide a source.
Oops, never mind. Sorry. I tried looking around everywhere and couldn't find it. It must have been my imagination. A name of the game being announced would be great, but I don't know. >.<

Carry on.

Tags
october, trailer, wii, zelda