$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640
Re: Miyamoto stagnating the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
Anyone agree that it would be amazing to have Capcom develop the LoZ console games with Aonuma as the producer?
Depends, are we talking about 2D games or full 3D games? *scared*
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM
#notallmen

View Posts: 6,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senap View Post
Depends, are we talking about 2D games or full 3D games? *scared*
3D. It'd be quite a new direction.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 PM
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
View Posts: 1,891

I, for one, appreciate Miyamoto's continued ties to the game. Nostalgia is one the main reasons I play Zelda. Twilight Princess was kind of like a dream come true: OoT's spiritual successor.

I hope more of the same comes, to be honest.
Last Edited by tallgeese; 08-13-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
#notallmen

View Posts: 6,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I, for one, appreciate Miyamoto's continued ties to the game. Nostalgia is one the main reasons I play Zelda. Twilight Princess was kind of like a dream come true: OoT's spiritual successor.

O, advocate of repetition. How I loathe thee.

Seriously, though-- we're talking about a series that is getting stale. It's a pity that some of the fans are actually asking for more aLttP iterations.
Last Edited by IGNIS; 08-13-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
HAPPY MASK MAN HAPPY MASK MAN is a male United Kingdom HAPPY MASK MAN is offline
Is anyone going to buy any of these masks?! this bag is REALLY heavy!!
View Posts: 439

Majora's mask was the right direction, they need to continue in that direction, sidequests, lots of NPC interaction etc.... I don't want another ocarina of time, ocarina of time is a one of a kind game so I don't need a clone to re-play it, I have ocarina of time for that!

Thanks to DaltonR6 for this sick sig!
much respect!
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:58 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 24,811

Quote:

Masterful trolling. You nearly got me there for a second.

<Steam>
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,463

Quote:

See, this is what confuses me about many Zelda fans--to me, the series is becoming further and further entrenched in gaming purgatory, and while there are those who long for something new and different, there are others who refuse to move forward--to at least try something new. We've had the same thing for nearly 23 years now--don'cha thank it's about time for change?!

And I don't know where people are getting this "Zelda Hollywood movie" thing. I said a live action Zelda would be god-awful. But I would very much appreciate a nicely animated one (a la Vampire Hunter D, or even CGI!), and that's really not one of my big concerns. It was just an example I used of Miyamoto's apprehension to expand the Zelda franchise in other marketing areas.

I have and will always hold Zelda as my favorite video game franchise, but honestly...things are getting rather stale.

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Caelum the Former
View Posts: 831

Quote:

I actually understand a lot of what you mean, but it's exciting to see where Zelda could go with big new ideas. I walk a middle ground--I don't necessarily want the series to abandon its roots and many of its classic gameplay and storyline elements, but I'm open to a new direction as well. I guess I'm in a win-win situation; if Zelda more or less stays the same, then I'll be content, and if someone comes along to shake things up, then I'll be intrigued and excited.

But let me just say this: after experiencing motionplus swordplay for the first time today, I’m incredibly excited about what the next Zelda has to offer. The number one priority for me in Zelda isn’t graphics or storyline, but fun. And motionplus looks like it will bring a lot of it, if not a complete revolution for the series' gameplay.
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640

Quote:
3D. It'd be quite a new direction.
I'd say. Well, it could be worth a shot. They proved themselves with OoX so they might be able to do something nice with 3D Zelda.

Also, such a collaboration might be possible considering that Nintendo is teaming up with Team Ninja (Of all people) to make the next Metroid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
But I would very much appreciate a nicely animated one (a la Vampire Hunter D, or even CGI!), and that's really not one of my big concerns. It was just an example I used of Miyamoto's apprehension to expand the Zelda franchise in other marketing areas.
As long as Nintendo doesn't pull a Square-Enix and let the GAME DEVELOPERS be in charge of a Zelda movie. That wouldn't end well
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Caelum the Former
View Posts: 831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senap View Post
As long as Nintendo doesn't pull a Square-Enix and let the GAME DEVELOPERS be in charge of a Zelda movie. That wouldn't end well
What if Nintendo and Square Enix teamed up to create a Zelda? The last major time that collaboration happened, we got the gem that was Super Mario RPG…
Last Edited by Destati; 08-13-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Beware the beast of man, for he is the Devil's pawn.
View Posts: 1,763

I wouldn't trust any dev team other than Nintendo, especially Capcom. Knowing them, it would be an-on rails shooter.

Join ZAST forums (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Forms), because you never no when zombies will attack http://zast.hightoxic.com/forum.htm
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 24,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikana General View Post
I wouldn't trust any dev team other than Nintendo, especially Capcom. Knowing them, it would be an-on rails shooter.
The Oracle games and The Minish Cap would like to have a word with you.

<Steam>
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,370

Quote:
Sure, simple is not necessarily repetitive, but both of these aspects are present in both series. When considering LoZ, one would hope that the next story presented is not reminiscent to that of aLttP or OoT. There may be also an issue when thinking that the next presented story is too simple, considering the fact that it may very well attract a quest that bears a strong resemblance to another LoZ game. It's always a dismay when you realize that it all boils down to an adventure to save Zelda's life.
So as long as the story is new, it can be simple?

Quote:
By broader perspective I meant a more detailed view of what is Hyrule and its universe. I don't see how sole gameplay can offer this broader perspective.
Like I said, we both interpret "Broader Perspective" differently.

Quote:
Notice the "to me"s throughout your post. I don't necessarily claim that a a rich story renders a dynamic game because I think so. It hardly needs to be based on my best judgment either-- a dynamic game is one that is purposeful, and I don't see how sole gameplay can achieve it, considering the adventure/quest genre of LoZ. There must be an incentive, and it needs to be presented well.
Sorry about that, I've been having debates with Zeldablue lately.

What is it about adventure games that require a deep story? Since when does adventure = story? If I remember correctly, Galaxy won an award reserved for Adventure games. Why does the incentive have to be provided with a story? Why can't it be provided with enjoyable gameplay (if you enjoy a game's gameplay, it's likely you'll continue playing anyway)

We both interpret "dynamic" differently. Unlike you, I can see how sole gameplay can achieve it, and I've seen what sole gameplay can do.

Plus, it's a given that Zelda will have Wii-pushing graphics and it's pretty likely that they'll have orchestral music.

Quote:
Again, I have no idea how to reply to this simple statement. Why is the case that an intricate story line would be the least influential for this elusive LoZ game?
Story has never helped a game in sales, and story hasn't helped a game in terms of the mainstream audience. If you play a game for its storyline, you're playing an interactive movie, simply put.

However, gameplay has always helped a game. Even graphics and music directly enhance gameplay.

Quote:
What happens to Mario is not necessarily what will happen to LoZ.
Oh cmon! We've been through this!

What is it about an elf kid who hangs around with fairies and imps and a princess that says it can't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 08-13-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
The Illustrated Man
View Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Zora_Decu View Post
I agree with the first part of the thread. There is one event that made me think that Aonuma was better to continue the series to the "next generation"........ OoT's time mechanics caused a SPLIT TIMELINE, majora's mask's time mechanics prevented the pisibility of another split within the game Gotta love Aonuma for that.
But the split timeline is what makes therorizing fun.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 8,023

Lol, the Legend of Zelda series is so stale. The only game that isn't stale is Majora's Mask.

Swing by the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread and Motivation/Inspiration Thread to keep you on progess with any goals you'd like to accomplish!
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Laruto's apprentice
View Posts: 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimPSlaP View Post
But the split timeline is what makes therorizing fun.
Sure on split is alright, but i'd hate it if MM's timetravel mechanics caused a second split Theorizing would be come a course rather than an art.

SS-MC-FS-FSA-OOT-MM-TP-ALTTP
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by GECK~101 View Post
Lol, the Legend of Zelda series is so stale. The only game that isn't stale is Majora's Mask.
Wind Waker was kinda fresh too. As was OoT since it was basically the first of the 3d games.

TP however, brought nothing new to the table.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

Aenuma's MM was beautiful. If he could work up another Zelda like that without Miyamoto changing anything, he'd probably make game of all time because he showed his awesome potential with ALttP, MM, TWW, etc, and hes got basically one of the best, if not, THE BEST, gaming franchises to work with.

If the next Zelda stays to its roots too much (like TP did) I'll be angry, because Nintendo may as well just go and remake OoT.
Last Edited by Ganon the King; 08-14-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
Aenuma's MM was beautiful. If he could work up another Zelda like that without Miyamoto changing anything, he'd probably make game of all time because he showed his awesome potential with ALttP, MM, TWW, etc, and hes got basically one of the best, if not, THE BEST, gaming franchises to work with.

If the next Zelda stays to its roots too much (like TP did) I'll be angry, because Nintendo may as well just go and remake OoT.
Aonuma has yet to prove himself in the field of gameplay. Even MM's gameplay was rather inaccessible.

Whereas Miyamoto has Mario Galaxy under his belt.

I swear, any game that Miyamoto goes allout on would be better than any game that Aonuma went allout on.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629

Nobody here cares about accessible, Double A. Why should any of us want a Zelda game to be accessible? What does it bring to us personally? Almost nothing.

While we're on the subject of mentiong 2nd/3rd party names, IGNIS, I'd love to see Team Ico and Nintendo Research & Development 1, with Aonuma, Ueda, Kaido, and Sakamoto producing. It would cause me to explode into a rainbow of puppies and ponies and sugar cream.
Last Edited by Crab Helmet; 08-14-2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
miyamoto, series, stagnating