Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,287
Re: Zelda RPG characters

How would Link overshadow them? They could all be important, does mario ever overshadow his cast in his RPG games?
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
How would Link overshadow them? They could all be important, does mario ever overshadow his cast in his RPG games?
Mario works differently, he is a character that can work in all sorts of games. Because things aren't taken that seriously with his games it can work.

Link however is the hero brought forth by the goddesses, a single hero. The one time more than one was needed was with the four sword.

So if Link would ever appear as a playable character, it would be only him with the four sword.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
JSnake JSnake is a male United States JSnake is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Feb 2006
View Posts: 79
Re: Zelda RPG characters

So wait.. You guys would dislike the inclusion of other playable characters? You would dislike this design choice that, if done correctly, would help the sometimes repetitive nature of the Zelda series? You dislike this design choice because it would mess with the god damn plot? Jesus Christ, you people. It's almost like you think the plot is more important than the gameplay.
Last Edited by JSnake; 07-19-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnake View Post
So wait.. You guys would dislike the inclusion of other playable characters? You would dislike this design choice that, if done correctly, would help the sometimes repetitive nature of the Zelda series? You dislike this design choice because it would mess with the god damn plot? Jesus Christ, you people. It's almost like you think the plot is more important than the gameplay.
Who are you talking to?
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM
JSnake JSnake is a male United States JSnake is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Feb 2006
View Posts: 79
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleitheo View Post
Who are you talking to?
Well, you, actually. Perhaps it's the way you've worded your posts but it seems you'd be against different playable characters even if it made the gameplay better.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnake View Post
Well, you, actually. Perhaps it's the way you've worded your posts but it seems you'd be against different playable characters even if it made the gameplay better.
Not at all, I am saying having Link in the party with other playable characters would not work because he would overshadow them.

Having a Zelda game with multiple playable characters that don't include Link would work however
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,287
Re: Zelda RPG characters

How would he overshadow them? You haven't properly explained this.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
How would he overshadow them? You haven't properly explained this.
Yes I have.

Its like looking on the back of the case and seeing the blurb include the line "Play as the legendary Hero sent by the goddesses aswell as some other people who are not anywhere as important"

I'm not seeing how you don't get this.

That and everyone would be focusing on Link and barely looking at the others
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 PM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#firstworldproblems


Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,908
Re: Zelda RPG characters

I think that if a Zelda RPG is actually consider, it should not include Link as the main character, especially if it's packed with dialogue and a thick story. By the way, this is assuming it's a spin off. I wouldn't mind if were part of the main series though-- it could be awesome. I think I'd prefer a Wii Ware Zelda RPG. AS for characters, I'd like something like this:

Start out as a group of 3 or 4 Gerudos, each with unique abilities. Later in the game, it could be a group of 3 Hylians and a Zora, then introducing more characters to the group/party. Another section of the game is made of 2 Gorons with similar abilities. Eventually, all of the characters connect at a certain part of the game, and the story and party is decided based on the actions of the player, etc.

It's like an RPG running with the movie Crash or Love Actually format.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
I think that if a Zelda RPG is actually consider, it should not include Link as the main character, especially if it's packed with dialogue and a thick story. By the way, this is assuming it's a spin off. I wouldn't mind if were part of the main series though-- it could be awesome. I think I'd prefer a Wii Ware Zelda RPG. AS for characters, I'd like something like this:

Start out as a group of 3 or 4 Gerudos, each with unique abilities. Later in the game, it could be a group of 3 Hylians and a Zora, then introducing more characters to the group/party. Another section of the game is made of 2 Gorons with similar abilities. Eventually, all of the characters connect at a certain part of the game, and the story and party is decided based on the actions of the player, etc.

It's like an RPG running with the movie Crash or Love Actually format.
Not sure it would work out, it would be like all the work you spent on the first party going to waste and starting a different persons save somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jul 2008
View Posts: 6,809
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Well...Tingle's coming out with another RPG-esque game with 3 characters that "fight" with him. So, there you go. It exists. xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldablue777 View Post
Well...Tingle's coming out with another RPG-esque game with 3 characters that "fight" with him. So, there you go. It exists. xD
Have you played the first one at all? When you get a bodyguard, they are clearly more powerful than you. They are no more than protection aswell.

That works, Link in a party of others wouldn't
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 PM
IGNIS IGNIS is a male United States IGNIS is offline
#firstworldproblems


Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Island of Lesbos
View Posts: 5,908
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleitheo View Post
Not sure it would work out, it would be like all the work you spent on the first party going to waste and starting a different persons save somewhere else.
The way I'm thinking of it, it could really work. What I posted was really vague since I don't want to type out all the details about this idea, but a well-organized system with different and connected "scenes" could work very nicely. I'd love to see an RPG that runs like that some day
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Double C Double C is a male Tanzania Double C is offline
Commonly Creative
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: N Goron Goro
View Posts: 228
Re: Zelda RPG characters

You say a party with Link wouldn't work because we'd focus on him alone? If I played a Zelda RPG, I would totally ignore Link, if the others were cool enough. I'm tired of Link, but not tired of Hyrule and the Zelda universe. Put Kafei and Igos in the party and you'd see them at level 30 next to a level 10 Link.
__________________
About me and my theorizing beliefs

^Most Awesome. Trip. Ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove
yeah sue me I'm typing with one hand
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double C View Post
You say a party with Link wouldn't work because we'd focus on him alone? If I played a Zelda RPG, I would totally ignore Link, if the others were cool enough. I'm tired of Link, but not tired of Hyrule and the Zelda universe. Put Kafei and Igos in the party and you'd see them at level 30 next to a level 10 Link.
Well it could go either way in some cases but there will rarely seem to be a middle ground
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,287
Re: Zelda RPG characters

just because link is the main character doesn't mean the others can't have a big impact on the story.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Aleitheo Aleitheo is a male United Kingdom Aleitheo is offline
Supporter of the "female Link" option
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales
View Posts: 1,580
Re: Zelda RPG characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
just because link is the main character doesn't mean the others can't have a big impact on the story.
No, its the kind of character he is that means they won't have that big an impact.

Like I said, a Zelda RPG would work best with multiple characters that do not include Link, he isn't the kind of character that would fit in a party of others
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Jon Snow Jon Snow is a male Canada Jon Snow is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
View Posts: 151
Re: Zelda RPG characters

A Mario RPG? Are you people crazy a game like that would never work, first of all Super Mario is a Platformer, not an RPG, plus we already have Final Fantasy, why would i want to play an RPG with a stupid plumber? Face it people Nintendo should never try to make a spinoff game RPG with Mario, it would never work and absolutly suck.


Roleplaying Games with Characters from other genres, what a ridiculous idea.
__________________
Life is not about the second chances. It is about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Demon Majora Demon Majora is a male United States Demon Majora is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
View Posts: 139
Re: Zelda RPG characters

There was a Mario RPG once, Oni's thread has gond horribly off topic so i'll say: Medli, Darmani, and Zelda.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Bucket Mouse Bucket Mouse is a male United States Bucket Mouse is offline
Goron
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I, too, am in the dream.
View Posts: 278
Re: Zelda RPG characters

I'm sorry, but Jon Snow, you do realize there have been several Mario RPGs, right? One of which is actually called Super Mario RPG. And they're all fairly good, from what I've heard, although I haven't really played them.

Anyway, sorry, carry on with the topic.
__________________

"[I want] a lot, a lot, a LOT more sidequests. I want to bathe in sidequests. I want to DROWN in sidequests. You know how before the events of WW, Hyrule got flooded with water? I want that, but replace the water with sidequests. I want to sail the vast expanses of sidequests on my sidequest boat, who is not the king of Hyrule, but the king of sidequests." -Me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters, rpg, zelda


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -