Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Scarrrrr Australia Scarrrrr is offline

Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 10,461
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Obviously, a balance needs to be struck between waiting until the game has sufficiently progressed such that the released trailer is an accurate representation of what we can expect and leaving enough time for promotion.

Here's an early Twilight Princess trailer (from 2004):

__________________
Last Edited by Scarrrrr; 07-16-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Christhedude4 Christhedude4 is a male United States Christhedude4 is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Jul 2009
View Posts: 96
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

I remember first hearing about twilight princess on IGN.com I said to myself ...theres another legend of zelda game out? and then I got really excited and I wanted to play so bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Aside from the forest i don't see any environments that were left out. I even see some of the dungeons fromm the finished game.
Last Edited by Kostya; 07-16-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Enuf3 Enuf3 is a male United_States Enuf3 is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CT - USA
View Posts: 3,121
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
I'm not saying we won't know anything about the new game i'm saying we just won't have a trailer. You are a prime example of why we won't have a trailer, they want to avoid people like you flaming them, what cool environments where left out?
Why would I flame them? The only Zelda game I ever disliked was Tp.. and that wasn't until I was at least 10 hours into the game. So you're wrong.

Lots of things were taken out of TP or moved to a different location. Just watch the teaser.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Ivysaurusz Ivysaurusz is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Ivysaurusz
Join Date: Jul 2009
View Posts: 824
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBaconsock View Post
Screw 2011, just give it to me now!!
YES.
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Awesome Skittle Awesome Skittle is a male United States Awesome Skittle is offline
skittle FTW!!!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in halo
View Posts: 98
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

2011 damn that i want it now
__________________
ding dong the weirdo dead
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Kankki Kankki is a male Finland Kankki is offline
Creepy Iwamoto is creepy.
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Finland
View Posts: 584
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

If it is released 2010,

2010 is going to be the awesome'st year ever. Think about it. Mario, Metroid and Zelda at the same year??
__________________
NNID: Kankki
Wanna be friends? :3

Youtubez
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf3 View Post
Why would I flame them? The only Zelda game I ever disliked was Tp.. and that wasn't until I was at least 10 hours into the game. So you're wrong.

Lots of things were taken out of TP or moved to a different location. Just watch the teaser.
Now that i think about it that wasn't so much a trailer for TP as it was a short video that is being utilized as a technical demonstration(ever heard of the spaceworld 2000 demo?), it shouldn't be called a TP trailer unless it was already named as such.
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Senap Sweden Senap is offline
Ganon's Follower
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Göteborg
View Posts: 2,640
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
Now that i think about it that wasn't so much a trailer for TP as it was a short video that is being utilized as a technical demonstration(ever heard of the spaceworld 2000 demo?), it shouldn't be called a TP trailer unless it was already named as such.
But it was intended to be developed into TP (though the name wasn't set back then) so it is, in fact, a beta of TP. Reggie even said that it was coming to GameCube when he presented the trailer, so not calling it a trailer for TP would be wrong.

The Spaceworld demo, however, is a true tech demo because they never intended to use any of it for a game and they were pretty clear on that.

EDIT: I just remembered that Aonuma even mentioned, after the trailer was released, that they allowed one of the devs to simply play around with the game, recorded it and edited it for E3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiji Aonuma
I'm sure all of you saw the video of the new Legend of Zelda game at this point. One thing that I'd like to point out to everybody is that none of that is CG. It's all done in real-time and running on the [game] engine. That movie was actually created by somebody who took a version of the game, played it, videotaped and then cut the pieces together to make the movie.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/514/514589p1.html
__________________
Last Edited by Senap; 07-16-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Because I can Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Rew Rew is a male United States Rew is offline
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C. (USA)
View Posts: 14,292
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
Are you dum?
In a word, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarael View Post
Oh the irony.
Indeed.
__________________

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
Reply With Quote
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senap View Post
But it was intended to be developed into TP (though the name wasn't set back then) so it is, in fact, a beta of TP. Reggie even said that it was coming to GameCube when he presented the trailer, so not calling it a trailer for TP would be wrong.

The Spaceworld demo, however, is a true tech demo because they never intended to use any of it for a game and they were pretty clear on that.
My mistake, still that looks very little like TP at all. Wait do you have a source to back this up?
Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Senap Sweden Senap is offline
Ganon's Follower
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Göteborg
View Posts: 2,640
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
Wait do you have a source to back this up?
Not really, but it's common knowledge (ask anyone - a sane person preferably - who was online back then) and if you look around (google) you'll see that there is heavy emphasis on it being a tech demo and that it was indented to show off the capabilities of the GameCube. I know I read somewhere, probably IGN, that some Nintendo rep confirmed it to be a tech demo and nothing more - but I can't find the article.

I think even "Mario 128" was shown at the very same Spaceworld, another tech demo with spherical worlds. You know what I mean if you're a Mario fan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

I still maintain that it while we will get some info we won't have a full blown trailer until the game is finished.
Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Enuf3 Enuf3 is a male United_States Enuf3 is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CT - USA
View Posts: 3,121
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
My mistake, still that looks very little like TP at all. Wait do you have a source to back this up?
Which is why a lot of us were pissed when TP came out looking a whole lot different from the teaser. Looking at the teaser and looking at the full trailer (which ALSO had content which never made it to the game) the two look like different games.

Why the downgrade.. idk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf3 View Post
Which is why a lot of us were pissed when TP came out looking a whole lot different from the teaser. Looking at the teaser and looking at the full trailer (which ALSO had content which never made it to the game) the two look like different games.

Why the downgrade.. idk.
How was it downgraded? TP's visuals actually look more impressive. Once again, the fact that people like you whine about how things didn't make it into the final game that should have is precisely why we won't have a trailer until it's finished, they want to avoid disappointing people!
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Skermefaten Skermefaten is a male United States Skermefaten is offline
Twili
Join Date: Mar 2009
View Posts: 482
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankki1 View Post
If it is released 2010,

2010 is going to be the awesome'st year ever. Think about it. Mario, Metroid and Zelda at the same year??
Think about that for a sec. Yes it would be awesome if all three came out in one year, but not everyone is or can buy them altogether/one after another. It might be a tough choice and decrease sales of one of em. Releasing 2 huge games in the same time area is already enough. It would be smarter to release it by itself or maybe with another big hit
Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Skermefaten Skermefaten is a male United States Skermefaten is offline
Twili
Join Date: Mar 2009
View Posts: 482
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

In a later time I mean (sorry I never double post but I can't edit posts ony
phone with the mobile skin)
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Enuf3 Enuf3 is a male United_States Enuf3 is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CT - USA
View Posts: 3,121
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
How was it downgraded? TP's visuals actually look more impressive. Once again, the fact that people like you whine about how things didn't make it into the final game that should have is precisely why we won't have a trailer until it's finished, they want to avoid disappointing people!
Look how wide and open the over world is in the teaser. Then look at the final product. Everything is closed in and leads you down forced paths. The teaser shows a much more detailed and open map.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Kostya Kostya is a male United States Kostya is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The collective has no location
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf3 View Post
Look how wide and open the over world is in the teaser. Then look at the final product. Everything is closed in and leads you down forced paths. The teaser shows a much more detailed and open map.
I'm pretty sure i see the field north of Faron and the field north of Kakariko, they are big and in no way closed in. I don't think the map is any more detailed.
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Enuf3 Enuf3 is a male United_States Enuf3 is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CT - USA
View Posts: 3,121
Re: Zelda Wii in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
I'm pretty sure i see the field north of Faron and the field north of Kakariko, they are big and in no way closed in. I don't think the map is any more detailed.
Hyrule field is in no way as open as the teaser shows or early photos from the game shows.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2011, anniversary, silver, wii, zelda


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -