$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202
Re: No Ganon in Zelda Wii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
...OoT Link is also MM Link, and why would he be finished? hes still a damn child you think he retired that early? He could easily be reused as an errant hero. And you know, that whole finding Navi thing was left unfinished, hopefully for a reason other then open ending.
I know MM Link is OoT Link. I thought he was finished after MM because he was just going to continue looking for Navi. That's just how it looks to me. I'm not trying to offend you by the way.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce of the Gods View Post
So LA, MM, FS, FSA, TMC, and PH aren't Zelda's? That's half the series right there, buddy.
I said I feel like there not Zelda's I NEVER said they weren't Zelda..
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

That's still sad because those are all very good Zelda's, except for PH which is just good (well I haven't played FS, but I'm sure it's good).
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

Quote:
That's still sad because those are all very good Zelda's, except for PH which is just good (well I haven't played FS, but I'm sure it's good).
I guess it is sad but oh well, and lol I'm sure there all good games. I'm just saying I feel the need to see Ganon, Zelda and Link cooped up in one game. like in TP... it just feels complete. (my opinion btw)
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 PM
King Octorok King Octorok is a male United States King Octorok is offline
Anouki
Send a message via AIM to King Octorok
View Posts: 50

I have an idea! Instead of Ganondorf in the next Zelda, how about THIS guy!

No but seriously, Ganondorf needs to change. Not necessarily his personality or appearance, but he needs to start taking things to the next level. I mean, in Twilight princess, his motives were pretty unclear. If he didn't know about the Triforce, why did he just leave Zelda hanging under the Triforce statue instead of just killing her? He should be more diabolical and evil, and maybe have better motives, but not be changed.

On the possibility of a new villain, I'm really fine with whatever Nintendo thinks up. Just as long as they don't end up being a total pussy in the last part of the game (like a certain evil Twili we all know ).
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2009, 02:10 PM
The Happy Mask Salesman's Apprentice.
View Posts: 1,496

I want Zelda Wii to have a new villian or Vaati...
OoT/MM Link vs Vaati sounds sweet.
it doesn't matter if that is going to screw my established theorised timeline:
WW-PH-ST-TMC...that's how it goes until ST it's released i might have to change it.
/_
TMC-OoT CONNECTION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF vaati it's in the next game or OoT Link it's the Link of the next game.

Ganondorf likes you.
and he knows were you live...
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

I've never really cared for Vaati. He's a way more shallow character than Ganon(dorf) ...He couldn't even talk in Four Swords Adventures.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 AM
coriolis effect coriolis effect is a female United States coriolis effect is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastRito View Post
What if there was a FOURTH Goddess? But she did something bad, and had her piece erased from the TriForce, and she was wiped from the history books, and now she wants revenge?

I mean there's a Goddess of Earth (Farore), Fire (Din), and Water (Nayru), so this "Fourth Goddess" would be the goddess of air?

Not that Nintendo would ever do that ... *shuffle* *shuffle*
I like that idea!!!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway...
I made my own sig!
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Lord of the Pies
View Posts: 817

Actually, he most likely won't be the Link from OoT for three reasons:

1) He already banished Gannondorf

2) He left Hyrule to never return, and so far, Gannondorf has only appeared in Hyrule.

3) The OoT Link is still in the child timeline, whereas Gannondorf is typically in the adult timeline.

EDIT: Oh, and to TheLastRito, that is unlikely. Vaati is already a god of air, so if there was a godesse of air they would either be married or at war with eachother. No hints of that in any Zelda game. If vaati was stuck in a never ending war he wouldn't bother with his plans in FS and FSA.

Sig by Happy Mask
Last Edited by Stick Link; 07-16-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Link View Post
1) He already banished Gannondorf
Who said Ganondorf is going to be the main villian?

Quote:
2) He left Hyrule to never return, and so far, Gannondorf has only appeared in Hyrule.
If anything was implied in the ending of MM, it was that Link did return to Hyrule.

Quote:
3) The OoT Link is still in the child timeline, whereas Gannondorf is typically in the adult timeline.
That doesn't mean he can't be in the CT (TP anyone)

Oh, and GANNON-BANNED.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Lord of the Pies

Quote:
If anything was implied in the ending of MM, it was that Link did return to Hyrule.
If you listened to the tWW intro, the hero of time never returned to Hyrule. And plus, at the end of MM he never found his friend. Navi is still hiding somewheres, and that Link is still searching.

Sig by Happy Mask
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
OBJECTION!

Quote:
If you listened to the tWW intro, the hero of time never returned to Hyrule.
1. Lol, wrong timeline.

2. That's not what it said. The Hylian in the background states he was "lost though the folds of time" meaning he left the that timeline and returned to the CT.

Quote:
And plus, at the end of MM he never found his friend. Navi is still hiding somewheres, and that Link is still searching.
If he's still searching for Navi, then he completely missed the entire point of MM.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Lord of the Pies

Quote:
1. Lol, wrong timeline.

2. That's not what it said. The Hylian in the background states he was "lost though the folds of time" meaning he left the that timeline and returned to the CT.

If he's still searching for Navi, then he completely missed the entire point of MM.

Timeline tWW and MM? The Zelda series is a continuous timeline. Notice how it mentions 'The Hero of Time' Ask any theorist who knows what he''s talking about. The hero of time Link left and never returned as a child AND an adult.

And he didn't miss the point of MM. The only reason he was in Termina was he chased the Skullkid after it took his gift from Zelda (Ocarina of Time) and his horse. Then he got turned into a Deku scrub and sought him out to change him back. Then, when he finally got back to humain, he realized Termina was doomed and felt the incentive to help it. He could easily have just ditched the Happy Mask Salesman and Termina, instead of saving it.

Sig by Happy Mask
Last Edited by Stick Link; 07-16-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Timeline tWW and MM? The Zelda series is a continuous timeline. Notice how it mentions 'The Hero of Time' Ask any theorist who knows what he''s talking about. The hero of time Link left and never returned as a child AND an adult.
Umm, split timeline=fact.

......TWW/PH
...../
OoT
.....\
......MM-TP

Quote:
And he didn't miss the point of MM. The only reason he was in Termina was he chased the Skullkid after it took his gift from Zelda (Ocarina of Time) and his horse. Then he got turned into a Deku scrub and sought him out to change him back. Then, when he finally got back to humain, he realized Termina was doomed and felt the incentive to help it. He could easily have just ditched the Happy Mask Salesman and Termina, instead of saving it.
The lesson in MM was to learn to move on after your friends leave you. Skull Kid needed to learn this for MM to stop controlling him. If Link doesn't move on, he's an idiot.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM
MrBaconsock, Totakeke
View Posts: 2,544

Actually, I realized that Ganondorf might return if the game takes place before he gets sent to the twilight realm.
Last Edited by War Machine; 07-29-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184

Quote:
Umm, split timeline=fact.

......TWW/PH
...../
OoT
.....\
......MM-TP
I have no interest in the timeline theories but your words are truth. There's a vid of Aunoma stating that there are 2 timelines splitting off of OoT. And Ganon is in both of them.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldablue777 View Post
I've never really cared for Vaati. He's a way more shallow character than Ganon(dorf) ...He couldn't even talk in Four Swords Adventures.
Ganondorf couldn't talk in LoZ, aLttP, OoS/OoA (beyond some basic RARARGH stuff), etc. You can't give me the whole "Vaati can't talk" bull****, because that was a mindless monster Vaati, much like Ganon is a mindless monster Ganondorf. Vaati was an excellent villain in the Minish Cap, and was far more threatening than all of Ganondorf's appearances bar possibly the WindWaker.
Last Edited by Crab Helmet; 07-29-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 117

Personally, I think Ganondorf is a fantastic villain. I just want the series to do something new with him. I wanna hear his backstory, I want him to be developed much better, and I definitely do NOT want him randomly thrown in in the middle of a game that already has an antagonist. -coughtpcough-

I don't want Ganon, either. He can be his own boss, but I don't want the evil man Ganondorf being thrown out for some mindless beast. I love hearing Ganondorf talk, I just wish it wasn't all BLAH BLAH WORLD DOMINATION BLAH.

If we get a new villain, though, I don't want some evil mastermind that wants to kill Link and rule the world/triforce/whatever. If we get a new villain, I want something like Skull Kid. Skull Kid (at least, under the influence of MM) didn't want to rule the world--he wanted to destroy it. The antagonist wasn't some evil wizard, it was a truly sinister force of evil. Now why can't we have something like that?

In short: Better Ganondorf or something REALLY unique and evil.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629

Why is Ganon(dorf) a fantastic villain? In four out of the eight games he featured in, he can't actually talk at all. In Four Swords, you never see him until the end, by which point talking is once again beyond his grasp (although presumably he could prior to the events of that game, so I won't count it.) In Twilight Princess, he was awful, and actually ruined a large part of the game. The only games Ganondorf has been particularly good in were Ocarina of Time (and this debatable, seeing as he had no real motives aside from LOLOLOL IM UR TEMPLE STEALING UR TRIFORCE), and the WindWaker. Admittedly, he was extremely good in the WindWaker, but then they tarnished it by making him bad once more come TP. Seriously, can't we just put Ganon(dorf) to rest for between three and five games, and let him recover some threat value?
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 117

Well, Crab Helmet, I'm unfortunately a bit biased since I've only played Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask. I thought he was very good in Ocarina of Time. Though his motives were simple, he came shining through as the sole villain with clear determination and force. I loved seeing his gradual takeover during the seven years Link spent in the Sacred Realm. I liked him because he wasn't the subordinate and actually was given somewhat of a backstory

I will admit, Twilight Princess Ganondorf was awful, though. He completely demolished Zant, who had potential then was reduced to a crying and whining psychopath.

Like I said before, I want either a better Ganondorf (which I'm a bit apprehensive about) or something truly evil like Majora's Mask and Skull Kid. I just really don't want a boring ~take over the world~ wizard/witch.

Tags
ganon, wii, zelda