Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 08:24 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872
Re: Zelda Wii: Can we expect a T rating?

Maturity can be a goal, but the ESRB rating doesn't say **** about actual maturity. Mortal Kombat and MadWorld get rated "Mature".

I encourage them to make a mature game, but that doesn't mean adding gore, nudity, or verbal profanity just for the sake of an M rating. Maturity is about subject matter, not its dressings.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
View Posts: 2,604

I think this will get a T. unless nintendo has been listening to our plees and crys about a more mature zelda game. and if they do that, i think that it will get a M.

because seriously, we all know that ST is most certainly not going to get a M. or a T. hell, it probably wont even get a E. Whats lower than a E rating? G? maybe it will get that, if its lucky>_>
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
The impulsive L The impulsive L is a male Finland The impulsive L is offline
And the bathmonkeys...
View Posts: 825

For all of u who think that Zelda needs to be M rated: A game doesn't need an high with blood and guts flying to be good. And by the do remember how young u were when u started playing Zelda? It's probably somewhere between 6-12 years of age.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 29

It will probably get a T.

They should just make the game instead of trying to make the game fit a certain rating. If it gets M, they should just role with it. Although getting a M is almost out of the question for them.

I mean, nothing like intense gore or killing innocents will ever happen. But the most that would ever come would be a small bit of blood and a more mature theme.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
View Posts: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by L176 View Post
For all of u who think that Zelda needs to be M rated: A game doesn't need an high with blood and guts flying to be good. And by the do remember how young u were when u started playing Zelda? It's probably somewhere between 6-12 years of age.
i dont really want it to be bloody icky gross nasty, but i do want it to be alot darker than the last few games. like, they could of made twilight princess so much better in the scare factor.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Passepartout Passepartout is a male United States Passepartout is offline
Goron
View Posts: 223

I'm am almost positive that the next zelda will be T rated. It doesn't really matter anyway, though. Parents will buy anything for the kids if they will shut up about it.

All I want to see in the new zelda game is something new. 3d zelda games are all to a certain degree the same games with different skins and stories. I just wish that they would change some stuff and pleasantly surprise us with something new...

Passepartout

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in history...
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

It needs to be mature. Sick of baby games from Nintendo. Why is this?

In TP, Colin should have died. Yet they made him live? What is that? How emotional it would have been if he died and there was blood around him and the other kids are like hugging him and covered in blood. Emotions = )
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:15 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,208

I'm actually not sure. TP was less violent and scary, or "mature" (MM mature), than OoT or MM, yet it recieved a more mature rating. I don't think that the content in the game is the issue, I think it's the rating system.

EDIT: And Ganon, games don't need to have blood to be mature. People don't need to have bloody deaths to gather sympathy from those around them.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 06-24-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double A View Post
I'm actually not sure. TP was less violent and scary, or "mature" (MM mature), than OoT or MM, yet it recieved a more mature rating. I don't think that the content in the game is the issue, I think it's the rating system.

EDIT: And Ganon, games don't need to have blood to be mature. People don't need to have bloody deaths to gather sympathy from those around them.
How about you don't be a smart *** and actually read what my post actually says. And the blood part is a joke you nerd. I'm a serious person but I joke a lot.

Also, stop trying to correct me. You do it one more time and I'm taking you to the mods. I'm fed up with it, your doing it on multiple threads now like your a control freak or something.
Last Edited by Ganon the King; 06-24-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Laying Malon
Send a message via Yahoo to Lurker
View Posts: 497

I'm expecting it to be so. I'm getting this vibe that Nintendo is set on making T-rated console Zeldas now. I have no idea why though. I'm not really expecting much blood or anything from the game though.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

I agree Colin should have died. Not for the emotional factor, but because he was completely unlikeable in every possible way.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

No. Psh. Colin shouldn't have died. But Ilia definitely. I mean, I was just waiting for the moment when she was going to keel over...but. *sigh* I actually got a Game Over by letting her burn to death in a Wagon. xD (REAAALLY guilty afterwards though)
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Zelda Wiki Systems Administrator
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin ZW

View Posts: 1,047

I would LOVE a darker Zelda. A game steeped in death, darkness, and pain.
It needs to show the hell that Ganon creates in full.

Also a devout brony for life.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I would LOVE a darker Zelda. A game steeped in death, darkness, and pain.
It needs to show the hell that Ganon creates in full.
Ummm...yay? xD

I agree though, Ganondorf should really give us a reason to hate his guts...(besides almost killing Midna...and blowing up Hyrule castle along with the entire town...whichends up being in the credits anyways...>_> )
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 157

I really hope that the new Zelda game gets an M rating. tho I have never played an M rated game. I think that a M rated game would ruin the whole gaming expirience. all of the Zelda games have been awesome and they have hardly any blood and stuff like that in them. maybe a E10 but most likely a T rating.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 214

Why would it need an M to be dark and mature? MM clearly showed a dark world, often much more mature and effective then modern games.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

One of the reasons I like Zelda is because of the lack of blood. Ganon could be more evil though. Zelda gmae have always kept big characters alive, and that is a good thing to me. MM was my least favorite Zelda game, and an M rating would ruin the game completely.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
north remembers
View Posts: 9,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 10th Rider View Post
Well it obviously wont get an M, and TP was a T, so why would it get anything other than a T? As far as I know no Nintendo games have language in them.

Conker's Bad Fur Day.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to Hey! Listen!
View Posts: 254

Dark this, dark that... ohh soo serious. Why does the new Zelda have to be this? I like the light-heartedness that you find in WW. Any good story worth-telling should have a humorous side mixed in with action.

What the new Zelda needs is an interesting story, with interesting people to talk to, and interesting things for Link to do. It needs to make you feel like you are on a journey and an adventure. It doesn't need to make you feel like you're watching The Dark Knight.

It doesn't have to have an M rating. That's just ridiculous. It won't have that anyway because Nintendo makes these Zelda games for kids as much as you, just because you grew up doesn't mean they should cater to you. You probably played these games when you were much younger. I'm 24. I've been playing these games since I was 5.

Nintendo shouldn't listen to any of the fans. Because from my POV, fans rarely know what they want beforehand, but they know it when they see it (or play it). So the big N and Miyamoto should just do whatever they think is right.

But if they really did want to make people hatttte Ganon. All they need do is something simple. Like have Link return to his home village (at the start of the game) and it has been torched and burned down by Ganon. That would be kind of cool. Though I seem to remember something like that from OOT. (I haven't played that through since 2000/2001)
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2009, 04:08 AM
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

View Posts: 14,208

I think Zelda can achieve maturity without a mature rating. All it needs is more emotion-invoking and/or mysterious moments.

This is something I'm actually curious about. I want to see if Nintendo can pull off another MM, without upping the "scare factor" too much (I get creeped out easily).

IMO, WW had a lot of mature moments, and its art style and humor didn't prevent that. MM had a lot of humor, and yet it was the "darkest" Zelda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
How about you don't be a smart *** and actually read what my post actually says. And the blood part is a joke you nerd. I'm a serious person but I joke a lot.

Also, stop trying to correct me. You do it one more time and I'm taking you to the mods. I'm fed up with it, your doing it on multiple threads now like your a control freak or something.
LOL Ganon's pissed off

You tell people off alot, but you hate it when it happens to you. Welcome to tha internets, hypocrite.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 06-29-2009 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
expect, rating, wii, zelda