Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Silver Silver is a male Union of Britain Silver is offline
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miklagard
View Posts: 24,736
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokohiro View Post
Look, saying that a Zelda game will suck seems blind to me...
You obviously failed to read my post correctly.

I said it might be awesome or it might suck. I did not say it is going to suck.
__________________
Want the clan test? Send me a PM!

<Steam>
Last Edited by Silver; 11-25-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Vulpine Vulpine is a male Syria Vulpine is offline
__________
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ZU
View Posts: 1,814
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce of the Gods View Post
See, this is what pisses me off. If TP is crap because it took the formula and ideas from OoT, then OoT should be crap because it took the formula and ideas that TP took from it from ALttP. OoT did not come up with it. Why does ALttP, the greatest Zelda ever, get ignored while OoT gets the praise for what it innovated (all OoT innovated was 3D).
Alttp is not a 3d game, I really liked it myself, but OOT was better..
People like 3d console games better than handheld games.
If you cast a poll on choosing what would people like for the next zelda game to be, rpg or 3d, of course 3d would win, its more exciting.
If you say OOT took some ideas from Alttp, then what are they???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Light Knight Light Knight is a male Light Knight is offline
The big yellow one is the sun!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Internet
View Posts: 1,217
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-hero View Post
Alttp is not a 3d game, I really liked it myself, but OOT was better..
People like 3d console games better than handheld games.
If you cast a poll on choosing what would people like for the next zelda game to be, rpg or 3d, of course 3d would win, its more exciting.
If you say OOT took some ideas from Alttp, then what are they???
You better close that can of worms. A lot of people find a OoT used a very close formula to aLttP. I myself haven't played aLttP yet. So I can't say for sure.

And then again A lot of people think the Jonas Brothers can sing... so just cause the majority think something, doesn't mean it's true... which is why I'll have to wait and play it myself.
__________________
Jesus saves, before fighting the final boss.


Last Edited by Light Knight; 11-25-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348



Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wright Anything Agency
View Posts: 9,157
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-hero View Post
If you say OOT took some ideas from Alttp, then what are they???
The formula: Get three items, get Master Sword, get several more items, beat Ganon. OoT was NOT the first game to have this, so if TP sucks for using it, so does OoT.

OoT Spiritual Stones=ALttP Pendants
Awaken Sages=Rescue Maidens(sages descendants)
Bleak future=Dark World
Travel between present and future=Travel between Light and Dark World.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Also 3D=/= Good Game. The original games are better than OoT and on because they aren't so easy that you can beat it in a week on your first time through.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Ya know, this cheery place, atop the precipice. With all the dead things and the Tingle.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Miyamoto Miyamoto is a male Miyamoto is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Oct 2008
View Posts: 130
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

OoT is basically a 3D Alttp, TP is an improved OoT.
No quite, but in a few words, yes...
From worst to best (although they all rock): TP, OoT, Alttp
Last Edited by Miyamoto; 11-25-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Naokohiro Naokohiro is a male United States Naokohiro is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Nov 2008
View Posts: 158
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-hero View Post
If you cast a poll on choosing what would people like for the next zelda game to be, rpg or 3d, of course 3d would win, its more exciting.
I would choose RPG, because if it's not an RPG, then it's not Zelda.

And, I believe you are wrong about people liking hefty consoles over handheld games. If that is true, then why is the Nintendo DS outselling the sales of the Wii, PS3, and XBox360 combined? (worldwide)

I personally enjoy 2-D and handheld games just as much, if not more than console games. (Especially, considering how much less expensive they are. A lot more cost-effective, if you ask me.)
__________________

Silly Link...
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Double A Double A is a male New Zealand Double A is online now
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Grumble Volcano
View Posts: 14,347
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Mexico View Post
The original poster makes a good argument.
yay! you made me feel all tingly inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Mexico View Post
The original poster makes a good argument.

Mario has often served as a template for Zelda. Mario paves a way into the unknown and Zelda perfects it.

The fact that Nintendo delivered with Super Mario Galaxy makes me much more optimistic about Zelda than I would be otherwise.

On a personal level, a truly remarkable Legend of Zelda game is perhaps the only thing that could validate the Wii at this point.

If Zelda Wii is to Galaxy what OoT was to SM64, it will undoubtedly be the best game ever.

I am fascinated to see what they do with it. They need to introduce profound changes while retaining the spirit of the franchise. This was easier to do when it was simply a matter of entering the third dimension. Now we need a new paradigm shift.
OMGZ you took my original post and over-9000-ed it
thankz for re-writing my first post so it ACTUALLY MADE SENSE

and btw, wtf is a pa-ra-dig-im (paradigm)?
__________________


A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
Last Edited by Double A; 11-26-2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Abyss Master Abyss Master is a male Norway Abyss Master is offline
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hell if I know
View Posts: 4,969
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-hero View Post
Alttp is not a 3d game,
So?

Quote:
I really liked it myself, but OOT was better..
Yeah, I think so too, but not because OoT was in 3D.

Quote:
People like 3d console games better than handheld games.
What people? From what I've seen handhelds and 2D games are damn popular, even to this day.

Quote:
If you cast a poll on choosing what would people like for the next zelda game to be, rpg or 3d, of course 3d would win, its more exciting.
That's not up to you, is it? Many people might very well vote for a 2D Zelda.

Quote:
If you say OOT took some ideas from Alttp, then what are they???
I'll let the previously mentioned ideas speak for this.

Quote:
I would choose RPG, because if it's not an RPG, then it's not Zelda.
When did Zelda suddenly become an RPG?
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Naokohiro Naokohiro is a male United States Naokohiro is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Nov 2008
View Posts: 158
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss Master View Post
When did Zelda suddenly become an RPG?
Zelda has always been an RPG. You collect Heart Pieces/Containers that level-up your HP, you collect several items stored in hammer-space, and change-able armor, swords, and shields. AoL has actual stat leveling.
The LoZ series is an action-adventure RPG, like many games.
I know some of you will try to argue that it's not an RPG, because it doesn't have turn-based battles, or multi-stat level ups, etc., but those are what define a Final Fantasy type of RPG, not what any type of RPG is.
And, if you want to get technical, RPG=roleplaying game (a game where the player controls a character), and therefore is all (99.99% at least) video games known to man. (So, don't get technical.)
__________________

Silly Link...
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Abyss Master Abyss Master is a male Norway Abyss Master is offline
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hell if I know
View Posts: 4,969
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokohiro View Post
Zelda has always been an RPG. You collect Heart Pieces/Containers that level-up your HP, you collect several items stored in hammer-space, and change-able armor, swords, and shields. AoL has actual stat leveling.
The LoZ series is an action-adventure RPG, like many games.
I know some of you will try to argue that it's not an RPG, because it doesn't have turn-based battles, or multi-stat level ups, etc., but those are what define a Final Fantasy type of RPG, not what any type of RPG is.
And, if you want to get technical, RPG=roleplaying game (a game where the player controls a character), and therefore is all (99.99% at least) video games known to man. (So, don't get technical.)
Except Legend of Zelda is classified as an action-adventure game series, there is nothing indicating that it should be considered an RPG.

Have a look at Nintendo's page on AoL:

Nintendo - Games - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Action and adventure, but no RPG.

It may have RPG-like elements, like expanding health/magic and different equipment, but there is more to an RPG than just that. Zelda is not considered an RPG by Nintendo, they did not make it as an RPG, they did not intend to make it as an RPG, and that should be the final proof that no, it is not an RPG.
Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Bill Bill is a male United States Bill is offline
Am I the only person ____?
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
View Posts: 10,602
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
and btw, wtf is a pa-ra-dig-im (paradigm)?
It is a fun word that I understand but find difficult to define. I see it as a way of thinking.

2D-->3D is a paradigm shift.
Resident Evil Remake -->Resident Evil 4 is a paradigm shift.
I personally consider SM64 --> Galaxy a paradigm shift

Here:

paradigm definition | Dictionary.com

3.) A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

In this case, to shift the paradigm is to change the set of "assumptions, concepts, [and]values" of a game's design.
__________________

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Naokohiro Naokohiro is a male United States Naokohiro is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Nov 2008
View Posts: 158
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss Master View Post
It may have RPG-like elements, like expanding health/magic and different equipment, but there is more to an RPG than just that.
Well, not really. Just because they didn't feel the need to classify it as an RPG on the Nintendo website means nothing, as well.
__________________

Silly Link...
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Light Knight Light Knight is a male Light Knight is offline
The big yellow one is the sun!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Internet
View Posts: 1,217
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokohiro View Post
Well, not really. Just because they didn't feel the need to classify it as an RPG on the Nintendo website means nothing, as well.
Whether it's an RPG or AA game could be a whole different thread. But I would say it's both. It's a RPG styled AA. Maybe a AA styled RPG... but not likely.
__________________
Jesus saves, before fighting the final boss.


Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Charon Charon is a male Finland Charon is offline
Beware the beast of man, for he is the Devil's pawn.
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Niflheim
View Posts: 1,763
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

From my personal knowledge, an Action-adventure is a hybrid of RPG, action and platformer
__________________
Join this group if you want Zelda to improve from TP's mediocrity: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...lda-games.html

Join ZAST forums (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Forms), because you never no when zombies will attack http://zast.hightoxic.com/forum.htm
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Double A Double A is a male New Zealand Double A is online now
The "he" in Catastrophe
Send a message via Skype™ to Double A
Wii U ID: 80espiay

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Grumble Volcano
View Posts: 14,347
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

i smell off-topic

seriously, this thread was made to give some shred of hope to ppl who may have thought that zelda wii wasn't gunna live up to the series' expectations and the expectations of wii fans

to be honest, one of the only things which can save nintendo from the epic fail-ity of e3 2008 (uggh, wii music) is a new zelda game, which is exactly that, new
__________________


A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. Skype group
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
GKANG GKANG is a male United Kingdom GKANG is offline
Love yourself.

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: J/RPG, GG.
View Posts: 9,297
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Wolf View Post
tl;dr



Really? I remember people saying TP would be awesome.
Coming from the guy named Twilight Wolf, with a TP themed sig you drew. You never, ever have anything positive to say. Every single post I've seen from you in the past 3 months or so have always been negative. Are you some kid who thinks he knows everything, or are you trying to act 'mature and grown up'? I know that probably seemed overly harsh, but seriously, just be positive sometimes. Sorry for the rant, just when I see a post by you now I almost cringe.


Anyway, Wii Zelda should be good, so long as it isn't crippled by its controls. Let's face it, the Wii's current motion capabilities are truly too bad considering it's the Wii's main selling point. Aiming is the only good thing. All of the horrendous waving around controls are just bad, and everything that's good seems to boil down to being able to waggle the remote. The Wii surely isn't made to have waggle controls. I know motion plus is out soon, and hopefully that will remedy the current situation.

But yeah, I think the biggest problem with the next Wii Zelda will be the controls. Or should I say, the thing that could make the game worse than say a similar story line to a past game.
__________________
| General Gaming: POST. | XBL: SUPERMU7ANT |
ファイナルファンタジーVIII |

Last Edited by GKANG; 11-27-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Silver Silver is a male Union of Britain Silver is offline
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miklagard
View Posts: 24,736
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKANG View Post
Coming from the guy named Twilight Wolf,
So sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to like the name.
Quote:
with a TP themed sig you drew.
Is my name Midori-Rinku?
Quote:
You never, ever have anything positive to say.
Incorrect.
Quote:
Every single post I've seen from you in the past 3 months or so have always been negative.
Clearly you don't venture out of the Zelda sections much.

Quote:
Are you some kid who thinks he knows everything, or are you trying to act 'mature and grown up'?
Neither. I just do it for the lulz.
Quote:
I know that probably seemed overly harsh, but seriously, just be positive sometimes.
I am positive, just not in the Zelda sections. Seriously, it's hard to be positive when surrounded by such stupidity.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant, just when I see a post by you now I almost cringe.
Then don't read it. :/
__________________
Want the clan test? Send me a PM!

<Steam>
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Miyamoto Miyamoto is a male Miyamoto is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Oct 2008
View Posts: 130
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKANG View Post
Coming from the guy named Twilight Wolf, with a TP themed sig you drew. You never, ever have anything positive to say. Every single post I've seen from you in the past 3 months or so have always been negative. Are you some kid who thinks he knows everything, or are you trying to act 'mature and grown up'? I know that probably seemed overly harsh, but seriously, just be positive sometimes. Sorry for the rant, just when I see a post by you now I almost cringe.


Anyway, Wii Zelda should be good, so long as it isn't crippled by its controls. Let's face it, the Wii's current motion capabilities are truly too bad considering it's the Wii's main selling point. Aiming is the only good thing. All of the horrendous waving around controls are just bad, and everything that's good seems to boil down to being able to waggle the remote. The Wii surely isn't made to have waggle controls. I know motion plus is out soon, and hopefully that will remedy the current situation.

But yeah, I think the biggest problem with the next Wii Zelda will be the controls. Or should I say, the thing that could make the game worse than say a similar story line to a past game.
Just try to ignore Twilight Wolf. I once had a similar dispute with him. He is just going through that age in which you don't hear anyone and think you know everything, but it hit on him a little too much.

Anyway, I've always thought Alttp was under rated, at least compared to OoT, when in fact it was Alttp that brought up the classic formula. I agree with 'Triforce of the Gods'.
Last Edited by Miyamoto; 11-27-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Silver Silver is a male Union of Britain Silver is offline
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miklagard
View Posts: 24,736
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
Just try to ignore Twilight Wolf. I once had a similar dispute with him. He is just going through that age in which you don't hear anyone and think you know everything, but it hit on him a little too much.
I don't think I know everything, actually, and I never will. No one knows everything.
__________________
Want the clan test? Send me a PM!

<Steam>
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2008, 03:03 AM
darkmaskman darkmaskman is a male United States darkmaskman is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Skype™ to darkmaskman
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Faron
View Posts: 8
Re: Hope for "Zelda Wii"/I see a pattern

I liked TP is was not what I expected It to be though, after preodering it and watching previews constantly I finally got to play it. I was blown out of my mind during the first cutscene. (IT WAS AMAZING!) It was no OoT but it was impressive. though I actually think that in some areas the GC controls were better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awesome, hope, pattern, wii, zelda, zelda wii or i


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -