Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
NOOO. STEVE.
View Posts: 344
Re: Female Link or customazible Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Moo View Post
And there's nothing strange about the great Ganondorf being beaten by a young boy? Honestly, at the age Link is in most of the games, there isn't much difference between males and females... except for maybe the obvious.
There's this awkwardness of being killed by a 10-year-old girl, you know. :|

@Nictel: That bit in the last paragraph you wrote would stir up a lot of controversy... and remember, the people in charge have to at LEAST enjoy it a bit so they actually want to put in an effort for the same pay. Some people aren't comfortable at the possibility of having in-game nudges at, well, eh... never mind.

This gender situation really makes me feel uncomfortable. D:

@Snow_Storm: I've seen that picture so many times that it's about half as amusing as it was before... :|
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Yahoo to lexmyr
View Posts: 10

Prince Zelda and Miss Link would be nice.

Or not.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Nictel For M0derator '10

View Posts: 4,794

Well most RPG's handle it well, it's not like it's anything new. It was in both KOTOR and Mass Effect.

Well I dunno I mean they are Japanese and well, I dunno if you every seen the stuff that comes out of there. Like tentacle raping monsters, woman giving birth to demon spawn and stuff.

Thanks Cambria!
Dutch? Belgique? Grand Duchy of Luxembourg? Join the Low Countries!
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Fire_Deity09 Fire_Deity09 is a female United States Fire_Deity09 is offline
Goron
View Posts: 211

I wouldn't mind having a female Link at all. Oh course it should probally be and option. And I would love a customizable Link! I mean he would have to maintain his (or her) basic tunic, but you could still change everything else!

"That's a sharp outfit Chan.
Careful, you could puncture the hull of an empire class Fire Nation battleship,
leaving thousands to drown at sea....
Because... It's so sharp."

#45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
is not Zelda in disguise

View Posts: 3,954

-Nintendo has produced 2 Zelda games were you play as a male or a female: they are called Zelda BS and tLoZ: Ancient Stone Tablets. BS The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Stone Tablets - Zelda Wiki.org
-Link had a haircolor range from dark brown to light blond, with everything that is inbetween. His eyes have been blue, brown and green depending on the game. Zelda has been a red head in the early games, then she went blonde and now she has gone brunette.
-Nintendo allready produced a game with a female version of Link (altough she was not the main charcter)Aba - Zelda Wiki.org

It has happened, I don't see why it should not happen again.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Supporter of the "female Link" option
View Posts: 1,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzor View Post
If link was female, would zelda be male? I think so. Also, for customizing link, he should stay blonde hair/blue eyes, but have more customizable tunics, weapons, shields and swords. Kinda like how you had options in OoT, but to a whole new level, that would be cool.
Actually there is no reason at all to change Zelda's gender. Link however is meant to be the player so it would only make sense if only Link had the option of gender
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleitheo View Post
Actually there is no reason at all to change Zelda's gender. Link however is meant to be the player so it would only make sense if only Link had the option of gender
QFT.
Would be cool to see Zelda hitting on a female Link though...
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
-Nintendo has produced 2 Zelda games were you play as a male or a female: they are called Zelda BS and tLoZ: Ancient Stone Tablets. BS The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Stone Tablets - Zelda Wiki.org
-Link had a haircolor range from dark brown to light blond, with everything that is inbetween. His eyes have been blue, brown and green depending on the game. Zelda has been a red head in the early games, then she went blonde and now she has gone brunette.
-Nintendo allready produced a game with a female version of Link (altough she was not the main charcter)Aba - Zelda Wiki.org

It has happened, I don't see why it should not happen again.
I never knew about Aba myself (having little knowledge on Tingles game) but it pretty much seems Nintendo were trying out the possibility of a female Link
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_148 View Post
QFT.
Would be cool to see Zelda hitting on a female Link though...
Actually I would imagine that the facial expressions for the female Link would be changed to convey a different message.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Spirit of Seasons

Quote:
Actually I would imagine that the facial expressions for the female Link would be changed to convey a different message.
yeah probably, or we'll just have another 'childhood friends' thing, where Link and Zelda are friends no matter what the gender
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 33

I think if this were to happen there would have to be whole new Legend of Zelda Series. No Zelda. Just some new random person trying to defeat Ganon. Otherwise it would not be right. But customize would also call for new story line. Your character in female version and customizable version couldn't be called Link.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Misa~
View Posts: 416

I agree! It's about time we had a female Link. Why can't it be a girl? The decendant of the hero of time could possibly be a female, what are the chances of it always being male? Pretty slim if you ask me.

As long as she doesn't look stupid with breasts the size of planet Earth it would be pretty cool. Someone kick ass but elegant at the same time.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroman View Post
I think the next Zelda should have a female Link, and Link should be customazible. You see, Link is supposed to represent the player. So at the the beginning of the game, you could choose if Link is either Male or Female. Plus, to make him look more like you, you could choose things like eye color and skin color. Its a good idea and I think it would work to make Link represent you more. He would still keep his green tunic though.
well i would suggest that nintendo asked a quetion in the game that asked your gender, and i all for the customization

click sig to go to shop
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 PM
peanutbutterman peanutbutterman is a male United States peanutbutterman is offline
Foosball Champion
View Posts: 2,083

They wouldn't have to make Zelda a guy, just drop the romantic hints and it will alright.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Spirit of Seasons

Quote:
They wouldn't have to make Zelda a guy, just drop the romantic hints and it will alright.
or not have romantic hints at all.
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiianator View Post
I think if this were to happen there would have to be whole new Legend of Zelda Series. No Zelda. Just some new random person trying to defeat Ganon. Otherwise it would not be right. But customize would also call for new story line. Your character in female version and customizable version couldn't be called Link.
There wouldn't be a female version, there would just be the game where you could chose gender.

There would not have to be a whole new series at all, you are overblowing this. I don't think you understand what kind of character Link is anyway, there would be no reason at all you have a completely different person. There would be nothing wrong at all that would warrant what you are suggesting.

Why can't the female version be called Link? Link has changed all the time, his hair colour, eye colour, age, art style. Why can't the gender change?
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Spirit of Seasons

Quote:
There wouldn't be a female version, there would just be the game where you could chose gender.

There would not have to be a whole new series at all, you are overblowing this. I don't think you understand what kind of character Link is anyway, there would be no reason at all you have a completely different person. There would be nothing wrong at all that would warrant what you are suggesting.

Why can't the female version be called Link? Link has changed all the time, his hair colour, eye colour, age, art style. Why can't the gender change?
exactly, and he's only called Link if you call him that. Canonically, he's called Link, but in gameplay, doesn't have to be.
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_148 View Post
or not have romantic hints at all.
Heck I played through TP once imagining Link as a female instead of a male, it didn't take much imagination.

Slightly different sounds, walking animations, gender based phrases changed to fit the female Link. Heck it was easy to change Midna and Links facial expressions and body language so it didn't look like she was hitting on him.

Seeing as this gender choice would be in a new game and not in an already finished game, it would be much easier
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 139

Quote:
No he doesn't. Link is supposed to represent the player. I pretty sure not every Zelda player has blue eyes, blond hair, and wears green.
Ok listen here.

Your telling me that every character in every game has to be the same as the player? So basically you're saying that if a tall black dude plays mario then instantly Mario has to be a tall black guy?

**** off and go play Oblivion you ****.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluzz View Post
Customizable Link: A good idea.

Female Link: ...Kinda in the middle right now... wouldn't it be a little awkward to see a female get kicked out of a wrestling ring against Mayor Po from TP? Besides, since the Japs are so strict about girls and fighting mixed together in video games, think what it would do to the Japenese's thought of video games? Violent, ******* giant men and Gorons charging at a sweet, courageous young woman? They had to make a girl character from some fighting game trans-sexual because the Japenese wouldn't allow letting people see a girl getting beat up.
um. no they arent? anybody remember street fighter? where you can beat the crap out of chun-li...I cant think of any right now, but theres more
and id be okay with the idea of link being female. I mean, Link DOES represent the player

as for the hair, I dont see why not...I mean, he had pink hair, brown hair, dirty blond, and pure blond, so i guess it wouldnt matter. Whenever you play alttp, do you go "hey! he doesnt have blond hair blue eyes, this isnt link!"
Last Edited by Klaww; 07-13-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
Closed Thread

Tags
customazible, female, link