Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Witty, Oscar, very witty
View Posts: 232
Re: The Official Ideas for Future Weapons Thread

Steel Blade. An ordinary sword, plain and practical, but well made. Balance is perfect, and blade extremely sharp. Hand and a half type, for multiple fighting styles
No history, no magic, no power beyond the weilder. And the weilder is everything.
Link must become a masterswordsman to save Hyrule. His sword does not besome stronger, only his skills improve.
TP had the idea of a normal farmboy being the hero, without any magic or knowledge inherent in himself. What if this was taken further? A boy who could not fight, was pretty weak but had a great determination to become a blade master, to save his land?
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to nod flenders
View Posts: 2,022

if they made the chain mace more accessible, instead of a gigantic thing you only use to break ice. as in a little ball, shorter chain, not crazy heavy
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Goron
View Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho Sexy View Post
if they made the chain mace more accessible, instead of a gigantic thing you only use to break ice. as in a little ball, shorter chain, not crazy heavy
Good idea, I have always hated oversized weapons.

My deviations.
Not much there right now, but there will be! (Or not, depending on the level of my laziness.)
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 143

I would like Link to have a katana-type sword. I like the katana a hell of alot more than those European swords, tbh. And it could make the game funner with a brand new sword style to operate with. I'm sure a lot of people hate the idea, but one can hope.
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Kevyn Miller
Send a message via AIM to Sam Nornal Send a message via Skype™ to Sam Nornal
Steam ID: sam.nornal 3DS ID: Sam.Nornal
View Posts: 2,468

^ Zelda seems more rooted in anceint European culture than Japanese. The only time I've seen a "katana-like weapon" in Zelda was in Wind Waker when Ganondorf has those two sweet blades and they seem like Gerudo Weapons.
[10/22/2013 7:23:29 PM]Shrub: also, Sam, why don't you have a sig?
[10/22/2013 7:24:12 PM] Shrub: I only complain because I'm lazy

Adventure of Hogwarts RP
My BA Characters
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
The very bitter and nostalgic 90's guy.
Send a message via AIM to OSM Send a message via Skype™ to OSM
View Posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otuz View Post
The Hollow Bomb.

Basically, they are compact explosives inside hollow bomb shells. The bomb itself deals little to no damage, and is basically useless against enemies, and you can't break objects with it either.

The catch is to fill the bomb with something. Then, when it explodes, it's contents will be sprayed all around, creating various effects. These could include:

-Lamp oil = fire bomb, lights enemies/objects on fire.
-Water = can be used to extinguish flames/fire based enemies, maybe in some other puzzles too (creating patches of ice in an ice cavern etc).
-Some sort of smoke pulver = smoke bombs, you can cover your escape/dazzle enemies.
-Poison = well, you can poison enemies with it.
-Healing potion = you can uh . . . heal enemies with it? Hmmm.
-Nails, glass, other sharp objects = fragmentation grenade.
-And many more!

(Note: maybe it's for the best that you can't stuff faeries or other living beings inside these bombs; that would be cool but cruel!)
I love this so much, great idea.
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Bruce Leeroy Bruce Leeroy is a male United States Bruce Leeroy is offline
I hit girls with backpacks.
Steam ID: Bruce
View Posts: 2,569

I heard that they are talking about a new steampunk zelda on wii so any items that would fit in that catagory are what we should be talking about, like the musket or an electric crossbow or somthing
Last Edited by Bruce Leeroy; 01-31-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Goron
View Posts: 258

I'd like to have ski's. They would be an item just like steel boots, and like them, they would also slow you down. But only on other terrain than snow.
On snow you could ski with them (duhh), and go a lot faster, especially downhill. It would just be so much fun to do that on a wide open snow-filled valley. And the Wii's motion sensor could really spice things up, they could be fully motion-controlled.

Also, maybe they could be used in other places too? Combined with a glider-like item you could use wind to propel you over sand and water.

My deviations.
Not much there right now, but there will be! (Or not, depending on the level of my laziness.)
  #109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Passepartout Passepartout is a male United States Passepartout is offline
Goron
View Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otuz View Post
I'd like to have ski's. They would be an item just like steel boots, and like them, they would also slow you down. But only on other terrain than snow.
On snow you could ski with them (duhh), and go a lot faster, especially downhill. It would just be so much fun to do that on a wide open snow-filled valley. And the Wii's motion sensor could really spice things up, they could be fully motion-controlled.

Also, maybe they could be used in other places too? Combined with a glider-like item you could use wind to propel you over sand and water.
Sounds like fun!

Maybe Link could ride some sort of flying thing in the next one? In TP they had a flying part in it and it was okay but it could be improved.
I was thinking of some sort of giant eagle or some weird new race that Nintendo comes up with.

Passepartout

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in history...
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 36

what about a rope of some kind? just a simple length of cord, but you could use it to make ziplines, rappel, climb up, set ropelines on slopes or ice, and other stuff like that. attach it to an arrow to stick it in wood, or grappel hook for anything that it can attach too, or tie it off on something. or attch it to your boomerang to rope up enemies. or set traps for enemies, or use it for the mundane task of tying up epona so she doesnt wander off. upgrades could make it longer, stronger, or maybe give it hook at the end, so you could attach it to enemies or use it as a weapon. basically, think off all the badass stuff batman does with ropes in the dark knight right before he fights joker at the end. now put that into zelda
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1
Talking flying

I think in the new zelda there needs to be one thing... flying vehicles. i know its not very realistic with the time but think of flying around hyrule in a helicopter or plane. With a little twist a parachute.
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2008, 06:06 PM
shakuvendell shakuvendell is a male United States shakuvendell is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 64
Lightbulb Cane of Wynda

A cane or rod with the ability to create holes in the wall or floor to kill enemies and open up new paths
I am the shadow in the mountain!!! Phantom of the forest!!! The darkness that rides on the sea's howling winds!!!!! I AM SHAKU KOHAKU VENDELL!!!!! THE BLACK CLAYMORE OF MIRRAGOTH!!!!! Now... Beings of darkness... FACE ME!!!!! HAAZMAAALLAAAAA!!!!!!!... En guarde....
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 645

Perhaps an Axe, or a Crossbow.
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

I've had these ideas for a very long time

Starshot: A special powered hookshot with infinite range, that appears as a blue ray of light. Functions as a warping system, as there are only certain places where it can be used (sacred powered stones or something), both to shoot and attach. For quite a bit of the game there are only set warp lines that can be used, but eventually one such warp point is discovered on the moon (yes, I have an idea for a dungeon that takes place on the moon, but that's another topic), that allows universal warping to those points.

It would be also used to get between "rooms" in a collossaly large dungeon (again, for another topic)

Magnet Gauntlets: Metallic gloves that can glow with red electricity Not only do they allow link to lift slightly heavier objects, but they can be activated like any other item to attract metals and opposite charged objects (represented as blue magnetism like in goron mines), and repel like charged objects. Mainly used for puzzles and mobility (shimmying across magnetic ceilings, flying towards metal objects etc.) but can also be used in battle to disorient metal enemies (eg. Tripping over darknuts) and attract or repel some energy attacks.

Bubble Shield: A blue shield that has a bubble of a gelatinous substance on the front of it. Melee attacks and large objects elastically bounce off the shield. It can also be used to catch small objects, which can either be extracted, or remain inside the bubble for various effects. Mostly used for puzzles. The bubble breaks after repeated usage, but can be recharged by stepping in water or by using an empty bottle of water (very rarely would you need to do this). Mainly exists as a companion to a cliched golden fire sword, which is too cliched to mention here.
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Lulzy_Woolsey Lulzy_Woolsey is a male United States Lulzy_Woolsey is offline
Completely Awesome
View Posts: 219

maybe a new hookshot upgrade that has a razor sharp hook that can hook on to anything stable enough to hold Link's body weight. like rocks and walls, if its too weak it crumbles.

more swords that break after a certain number of uses that you have to use until you get the Master sword, the Biggoron's sword would not break either

perhaps some different tunics that really doesn't do anything but just look cool.

more shields too, make the shields breakable too, all of them except the Mirror shield,

take out the finding hearts in grass. I really want rupees to have more of an importance, because normally I end up with like 5000 rupees and nothing to use them on (I would also prefer if they keep the Wii Zelda games realistic looking like TP, and have the WW style for the DS.
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Dude, I can put my hand UNDER the stain...
View Posts: 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwayhere View Post
what about a rope of some kind? just a simple length of cord, but you could use it to make ziplines, rappel, climb up, set ropelines on slopes or ice, and other stuff like that. attach it to an arrow to stick it in wood, or grappel hook for anything that it can attach too, or tie it off on something. or attch it to your boomerang to rope up enemies. or set traps for enemies, or use it for the mundane task of tying up epona so she doesnt wander off. upgrades could make it longer, stronger, or maybe give it hook at the end, so you could attach it to enemies or use it as a weapon. basically, think off all the badass stuff batman does with ropes in the dark knight right before he fights joker at the end. now put that into zelda
haha, Indiana Jones anybody?

I like the idea of having more than one use for items. It always pissed me off when I wanted to shove a magic bean down a deku baba's mouth but couldn't due to game engine blocks

lol

One I would like to see is a full-body suit for link (made by the gorons) that can stand heat and gives link the strength of a goron. it would make Iron Knuckle fights funner
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you." -Happy Mask Salesman

Anything I post about the development of a new game should be regarded as a game that I am making unless stated otherwise.

Check out the Future Zelda Thread!!!
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 96

When all the Valley of Deluge stuff first came out people were thinking about muskets and stuff, and people were really against it, me included. But it is definitely a possibility, though perhaps without the name of a musket, because before, in OoA I think, there was the Seed Shooter.
  #118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Beware the beast of man, for he is the Devil's pawn.
View Posts: 1,763

Different kinds of bombs:

Bomb (destroys rock barriers and cracked walls, causes explosions damage to enemies)
Inferno Bomb (destroys spider-web and leaf barriers, lights flammables, and causes fire damage)
Ice Bomb (freezes all enemies in blas radius and freezes certain bodies of water)

Join ZAST forums (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Forms), because you never no when zombies will attack http://zast.hightoxic.com/forum.htm
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanDeis View Post
One I would like to see is a full-body suit for link (made by the gorons) that can stand heat and gives link the strength of a goron. it would make Iron Knuckle fights funner
i had an idea a while ago for a dark knut set of armor. equivalent to the magic armor in that you get it rather late in the game as a sort of side quest. basically at first it would be a full set of armor with lots of protection but cumbersome, and as you get hit pieces would break off and it would eventually be nothing more than chain mail and scale armor offering little protection but fast. once it gets damaged, the only way to repair it would be back in town or by a fairy. really just a fun suit of armor
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

im not sure if they made it already but an orb that could separate link into 4 different links it would be used to press switches that need four people to operate and can help you in battle to but when one gets hit it disappears however it reduces your magic at a rapid rate... so you need to use it carefully :p

Tags
future, ideas, official, weapons