Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
an orgasmic beverage
Send a message via AIM to McSnapple Send a message via Skype™ to McSnapple
View Posts: 101
Re: The Official Ideas for Future Weapons Thread

Well as for new items in any upcoming Zelda game I suggest the following (And these are not just one-time use items):
+Hylian Spear: Can be used as a stabbing weapon or as a throwing weapon like a harpoon).
+DIfferent variations of Shields that have different stat increases wheather they be att., def.,etc.
+Battleaxe embedded with different magical attributes.
+The ability to dual-wield weapons, bunt only if they're light-weighted weapons (Ex. Daggers).

Now as for old weaponry, I suggest bringing back the following:
+Hookshot/Longshot.
+The three elemental magics (Din, Nayru, Farore).
+Magic arrows.
+Deku Nuts.
+Biggoron 's Sword

We are The D~!
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

I used to have a hobby of making possible zelda plots, so here goes.

Harpoon: I know some have already said this before, but like a metal arrow that you have supplies on.

Shuriken: Zelda originated in Japan, why not add shuriken?

Swords of Courage, Wisdom, Power: In my game, I felt like I wanted to add 2 player possibilities, so I chose dual swords. Each person would control one sword. After beating each Dark boss (Dark Link, Controlled Zelda, Beast Ganon), you would get the Sword of the respective triforce. Double jumping aerial, Double range spin attack, advanced backslice, stuff like that.

"Sorry, but the correct way to say my name is Stupid, not Cupid." -Cupid

"I like to con people. And I like to insult them. If you put con and insult together...you get consult!" - Dogbert
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 143

I believe that the next master sword should be a samurai sword. And, since it's the samurai sword and you can't use a shield while properly using it, it would allow for a new and awesome combat style. Or, just make one of your customizable weapon schemes a samurai style, along with the sword and shield, and spear style.

Like people have said, there should be more magic in the game. I really liked that one about the earth, water, fire and air. That was cool.

Maybe they could replace that useless roll attack with a grabbing ability. Grabbing would be awesome. You could get strength upgrades or gauntlets so that you can grab'n throw bigger/tougher enemies. Through enemies at each other for some awesome combos. Mopping them up faster.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by erokk121 View Post
I believe that the next master sword should be a samurai sword. And, since it's the samurai sword and you can't use a shield while properly using it, it would allow for a new and awesome combat style.
We already have a Biggoron sword for that. And besides, in all of the games, especially WW, Link can hold the master sword with one hand, and in WW it's the size of him!

Anyway, how about a magical boomerang? Like you could kill and enemy with fire, and bring back their prizes. Also can be used to burn/freeze trees, to reveal hidden items from a ledge.

"Sorry, but the correct way to say my name is Stupid, not Cupid." -Cupid

"I like to con people. And I like to insult them. If you put con and insult together...you get consult!" - Dogbert
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

he should have an ocarina of change, u wud have 2 play a song on the touch screen that wud change link into a different race like goron where he cud roll around and stuff, zora (the kind from OoT) where his fins could be used as sharp weapons and gerudo where he cud b like a ninja and turn invisible and stuff like that
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Beware the beast of man, for he is the Devil's pawn.
View Posts: 1,763

I would love a crossbow,like in LCT,which can be equipped withe a scope,like the hawk's eye.And possibly different types of arrows.

Join ZAST forums (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Forms), because you never no when zombies will attack http://zast.hightoxic.com/forum.htm
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Knight of Skyloft

View Posts: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabb939 View Post
he should have an ocarina of change, u wud have 2 play a song on the touch screen that wud change link into a different race like goron where he cud roll around and stuff, zora (the kind from OoT) where his fins could be used as sharp weapons and gerudo where he cud b like a ninja and turn invisible and stuff like that
Except for gerudo, that was all in majora's mask. It's good, but it needs to have different races.

Gregdawg08!
Check out my awesome videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gregdawg08
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightindark View Post
There's an item that I have had in the back of my head for quite a while (along with many others). It's called the Crown of Quili, basically it gives Link the ability to become completely covered in spikes. He loses his sword and shield while using it, but his whole body is now a sword. It is found within a cave dungeon or something to deal with rocks as the spikes are able to break apart boulders. That's pretty much it aside from that it's a helmet with various spikes on it.

I like that, but I'm not exatly sure how it will work, or what the purpose of it would be. It could also be a shield, with a sword. Problem is why would we randomly use this... Needs more benefit, other than breaking boulders, cause we already have items like this. Maybe rolling like a Goron, Now that defonitly has purpose and a good idea. I'm up for that
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
The One Free Man
Send a message via AIM to Link20045
View Posts: 83

One Word... Crowbar. Yes, I'm a Half-Life fan. Was it the signature that gave it away? Haha, no just kidding.

While Zelda is Japanese, and Hyrule has references to places all over the world, the Hylians are decidedly western. Their architecture, weaponry, and culture show characteristics of Europe, not the Far East. The Master Sword should probably remain of western design, but the idea of a katana implements an oppurtunity for a more complex combat system. I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, only adjust it.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2

I think it might be a good idea to have guns in Legend of Zelda.

That's right, I said it.

GUNS.

Of course, not weilded by Link himself, that would never EVER work. BUT. It could work if they were weilded by someone else.

I don't mean modern day weapons, obviously. Old fashioned rifles or pistols would do. The idea is inspired by Mitsurugi's ending in Soul Edge.

Picture this (Pretty unoriginal) scenario

Link enters Hyrule Castle Town and sees a notice board advertising a large event in "x" location.
So he makes his way there to see a crowd has gathered.

You find that character "y" has invented a "new" kind of weapon and he does a demonstration with it. The player recognises the weapon as a *insert kind of gun here* (let's just say it's an old fashioned pistol or a pair of them)

The demonstration shocks and amazes the crowd, etc. And he dares anyone to challenge him,obviously, no one else wants to and you get to challenge him and his guns as a side boss.

You beat said side-boss and the crowd which gathered is no longer impressed by "mystrious new weapon"
Character "y" then either
1) Gives up on the new invention
2) Becomes antagonistic towards Link for the rest of the game
or 3) Has a strong rivalry towards Link and continually attempts to out do him in either a serious or joking manner.

Whatever works best. ( option 3 is preffered imo)

The scenario is unoriginal but hopefully it will have gotten the idea that guns DO have potential as a plot/sub-plot point in Zelda though.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 PM
The Great Panda The Great Panda is a male United States The Great Panda is offline
Big Pimpin'
View Posts: 2,201

Actually, as of late I've been toying around with the idea of inserting guns into the Zelda universe. My original thought was a replacement for the good old Bow and Arrow: you earn rounds (which are represented as small rings of bullets, similar to old 6-shot pistols) by defeating enemies, should they drop any.

Admittedly, I do like the idea of them being something of a new invention in Hyrule. The scenario you presented could use some work, but the concept would work well if the series took the direction I'd like it to go in an was in a late-Middle Ages, early Pre-Colonial era.

#72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Knight of Skyloft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Panda View Post
Actually, as of late I've been toying around with the idea of inserting guns into the Zelda universe. My original thought was a replacement for the good old Bow and Arrow: you earn rounds (which are represented as small rings of bullets, similar to old 6-shot pistols) by defeating enemies, should they drop any.

Admittedly, I do like the idea of them being something of a new invention in Hyrule. The scenario you presented could use some work, but the concept would work well if the series took the direction I'd like it to go in an was in a late-Middle Ages, early Pre-Colonial era.
A musket or old pistol, sure. But I don't want to see Link with an AK-47.

Gregdawg08!
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 07:03 AM
The Great Panda The Great Panda is a male United States The Great Panda is offline
Big Pimpin'

You wanna know what my biggest pet peeve is? People who say things like that. Of course Link isn't going to use a damned AK-47. There's a difference between logical and flat out stupid, you know.

Seriously people, use your heads.

#74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 AM
theGoronclub theGoronclub is a male United Kingdom theGoronclub is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 92

I have been hoping for ages to see the pegasus boots make a return in 3d i just think it would be really cool also i thought of maybe revamping the god powers but so far i've only thought of 1

DINS BULLET Instead of making a sphere of fire how about link gains the power to shoot a fireball from his hands sort of like the hadoken from street fighter
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Knight of Skyloft

Quote:
You wanna know what my biggest pet peeve is? People who say things like that. Of course Link isn't going to use a damned AK-47. There's a difference between logical and flat out stupid, you know.

Seriously people, use your heads.
Whoah! Settle down! I was just kidding!

Gregdawg08!
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
theGoronclub theGoronclub is a male United Kingdom theGoronclub is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 92

we know u were kidding
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Big Pimpin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregdawg08 View Post
Whoah! Settle down! I was just kidding!
Sorry, that really wasn't directed at you. That was aimed more towards people who actually use that as an excuse for not wanting guns in Zelda. Sorry.

#78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Knight of Skyloft

Quote:
Sorry, that really wasn't directed at you. That was aimed more towards people who actually use that as an excuse for not wanting guns in Zelda. Sorry.
It's fine.
A musket would be kinda cool.
Boom-Boom!

Gregdawg08!
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2008, 06:24 PM
The big yellow one is the sun!

View Posts: 1,217

I have a very interesting idea.

How about a whip? It could be used as a weapon, not effective on harming armored enemies. But it could be used as a grappling hook like in WW. Wouldn't it be sleek and sexy? A new side of Link.

#80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Knight of Skyloft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Knight View Post
I have a very interesting idea.

How about a whip? It could be used as a weapon, not effective on harming armored enemies. But it could be used as a grappling hook like in WW.
So Indiana Link?

Nah...

Gregdawg08!

Tags
future, ideas, official, weapons