Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Sage_of_Stars Sage_of_Stars is a male United States Sage_of_Stars is offline
Velan Warrior
View Posts: 1,005
One more sea game.

I'm sorry if someone already thought of this idea but I haven't seen it yet.

There should be a game that takes place after Wind Waker in which Link and Tetra are trying to rebuild Hyrule in whatever way they can. Half way through this game, Link should do some action that causes Hyrule to come back, but at the same time it unleashes Ganondorf. This action could be reversed which would bring back the great sea. It would be kind of like drawing the Master Sword in OoT. Also Link and Tetra are adults in this game.

Before Link does the thing that dries the Great Sea, he has to search for it. When he's traveling the Great Sea, he should ride some kind of fast animal like a dolphin. I think that maybe some of Ganondorf's minions should trick Link into doing this. I don't know how everything should happen.

In the second half of the game when the Great Sea has been dried up enough, Ganondorf wreaks havoc on the new Hyrule. Link would need to awaken more sages and gather an army of people who are willing to fight with him. These people would be called the "Knights of Hyrule". Part way through this part of the game when it seems that Link has won, Ganondorf finds his way into the Sacred Realm and wishes upon the Triforce. I believe that every time that the Triforce is wished upon, it moves to another realm. This causes Ganondorf to transform into Ganon. Ganon kills most of the knights. Unfortunately, a lot of those Knights were races that you never see in most other games. As Link sees his comrades fall, he starts to cry. He fights Ganon with the Master Sword. When he realizes that he can't win, the sages come up with a plan. They decide that if Link were to give up his life, then it would be possible to seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm. The Sages power up the Master Sword and Link is finally able to defeat Ganon and seal him in the Sacred Realm. After Ganon is sealed, Link dies as part of the bargain.

Don't be upset that Link dies in my game idea. It is the perfect way for him to prove his Courage. Besides, there will always be another one to defeat evil. Unless you haven't figured it out by now, I am trying to make a game that connects A Link to the Past and Wind Waker. I have no idea what items there would be. Maybe Link's ghost will see a happy Hyrule and smile in the game's end credits. That's my crazy game idea.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Captain Queen Lady Fay -Bring me that horizon-
View Posts: 6,411
Re: One more sea game.

sounds nice!
I agree..If that game were to come out, the id buy it.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Velan Warrior
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Captain Queen Lady Fay -Bring me that horizon-
View Posts: 6,411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_of_Stars View Post
Thank you! I'm flattered.
no problem
I just like it......
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

The Hyrule that Link and Tetra find will not be the old Hyrule. It will be new land named Hyrule.

At the end of tWW the King says 'NO... it will be your land!' just before the battle, he even wishes that Hyrule would be washed away and to give hope and future to Link and Tetra. I should know, because I beat Ganondorf earlier today.

So the Great Sea wont be drying up anytime soon.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Velan Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazryl View Post
The Hyrule that Link and Tetra find will not be the old Hyrule. It will be new land named Hyrule.

At the end of tWW the King says 'NO... it will be your land!' just before the battle, he even wishes that Hyrule would be washed away and to give hope and future to Link and Tetra. I should know, because I beat Ganondorf earlier today.

So the Great Sea wont be drying up anytime soon.
What if, half way through the game, Link and Tetra manage to unify all of the islands into one huge island. This huge island would float on the great sea. Tetra however, makes the mistake of calling it Hyrule. This unleashes Ganondorf because in OoT he wished to rule Hyrule. This is probably why the King of Hyrule tells Link and Zelda that the new land won't be Hyrule.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

The only thing I don't think would really work is that Ganon[dorf] is dead at the end of Wind Waker...so he couldn't just be 'unleashed', he'd have to be revived somehow.
I wouldn't want another game completely on the sea, but I'd like to see a game with a good balance of land and water. A main/large island where most of the happens, and a few side islands that you have to go to so that you can still have the whole sea adventure effect.

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:55 PM

Ganondorf is sealed in stone with the Master Sword in his head. In OoT he never got a chance to wish for anything, the Triforce split apart. Ganondorf then used the ToP to rule over Hyrule. He wanted to rule Hyrule and for a time did, but was sealed away.

My Fanfiction
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Velan Warrior
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,169

They already have a dry Hyrule after TP, they should leave WW sequels wet and piratey.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
There has to be a way for Ganondorf to come back. He always comes back.
I want you to know, having a Zelda game that has Link and Tetra recreate Hyrule is a great idea. Kinda noticed that I may not have been the best way of explaining it.

Personally, I think if Link and Zelda do find a new Hyrule that it should be a new villian.

Ganondorf is kinda over used and would be nice to see a new villian. Even if Ganondorf is to come back after turning to stone and having the MS through his head, you would need a really good explination. Then there is the point that he is underthe ocean.

My Fanfiction
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

Ok let me make this clear.

- I'd like another ocean game
-However, I don't want it to be a WW sequel, I'd like it to be a new game, with TP style grafics. Also, rather than being just a sea with a bunch of islands, it would have to continants (each about the size of TP hyrule), separated by an ocean with a bunch of islands that you have to traverse. That way you get the best of both WW and OOT/MM/TP.
-Oh, and it would be for Wii of coarse.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Velan Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiekahSage View Post
Ok let me make this clear.

- I'd like another ocean game
-However, I don't want it to be a WW sequel, I'd like it to be a new game, with TP style grafics. Also, rather than being just a sea with a bunch of islands, it would have to continants (each about the size of TP hyrule), separated by an ocean with a bunch of islands that you have to traverse. That way you get the best of both WW and OOT/MM/TP.
-Oh, and it would be for Wii of coarse.
That would be a good idea.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Monkeys live inside the Sun. Fact.
View Posts: 663

There has always been one surefire way to bring back Ganondorf; the Cult Of Ganon, anyone? But then for that to work they'd actually need to kill the hero or at least draw blood from him, so...

Well, that idea's out the window. It would still be nice to see a return of the Cult Of Ganon.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Allons-y!
View Posts: 430
Pretty good idea, but I am not sure about the idea of Link dying...
But; it's a pretty good idea.
And: The game MUST be longer and bigger than Zelda phantom hourglass... I mean it!

Feel free to ask me anything about these games: ALttP - LA - OoT - OoT MQ - MM - OoA - TWW - TMC - TP - PH - SS
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Velan Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Pretty good idea, but I am not sure about the idea of Link dying...
But; it's a pretty good idea.
And: The game MUST be longer and bigger than Zelda phantom hourglass... I mean it!
If this game was real, than it would be in 3-D. 3-D Zelda games are usually longer than Phantom Hourglass.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Gone
View Posts: 730

TWW does not need another sequel, and we don't need another seafaring game.
And yes, an adult to play as, that dies along with plenty of others, is the perfect idea for a cheery game that a Wind Waker sequel would be.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Velan Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleArtillery View Post
TWW does not need another sequel, and we don't need another seafaring game.
And yes, an adult to play as, that dies along with plenty of others, is the perfect idea for a cheery game that a Wind Waker sequel would be.
Good point. Hadn't really thought about that.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,253

Quote:
Unless you haven't figured it out by now, I am trying to make a game that connects A Link to the Past and Wind Waker.
But there's already a game that links those two games: FSA! First off please compare the world maps of FSA, and ALttP. In both games (spiralling clockwise) we have Zola's Domain, the Eastern Palace, the Desert, Lost Woods, Death Mountain, and Hyrule's Castle in the center. Not only that, but both Links have been in the Dark World, and share similar items (such as the Moon Pearl, Quake Medalion, Ether Medalion, Fire Rod, etc...).

The only big differences would be the Ice Palace (that was never in ALttP, eventhough there was one in the Dark World in a similar location).

Take a look at what's surrounding Hyrule's borders in FSA. Water! And plenty of it. Maybe enough to be considered as an ocean So I believe that ALttP/FSA Hyrule is the new Hyrule the King spoke of. Although they may not be the same hero (tWW Link, FSA Link, and ALttP Link could all very well be different, but they share the same land).

Now back to matters of your game proposal, I personally like it! Since we've already seen the Hyrule terrain (as I mentioned above) a few times, it would be nice to see what lies beneith the ocean once it's been dried up. It would sorta be an OoT/ALttP mix.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Velan Warrior

I'm glad that some people like my game idea. I realize that it would create some issues with continuity, but I'm pretty sure that other Zelda games do that too.

Tags
game, sea