Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 PM
[Blumenkranz intensifies]
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney

View Posts: 26,996
A Female 'Link'

*cough* I'm probably gonna get shot down for this.

Would you like a female Link to be the hero (-ine) in a future game or not?

It would be kind of cool if Nintendo made a female heroine--having the Triforce mark on her hand and all. I mean...the default name might have to be changed (from 'Link' to 'Linia' or something) and the character would probably have to have the sword at her belt or something. The voice for those little attack cries and getting hit will have to be replaced by a female's.

Also, an option to choose between genders might be nice when you're starting the game. But it should be made in a way that the NPC characters react differently (if only slightly) towards each gender.

I really would like to see a girl running around in the Hero's tunic with the Master Sword at her side. It would be awesome if Ganondorf (or the main villain) is beat down badly by a girl with a sword and the Triforce mark on her hand.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
The Lonely Angel
View Posts: 410
Re: A Female 'Link'

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post

It would be kind of cool if Nintendo made a female heroine--having the Triforce mark on her hand and all. I mean...the default name might have to be changed (from 'Link' to 'Linia' or something) and the character would probably have to have the sword at her belt or something. The voice for those little attack cries and getting hit will have to be replaced by a female's.

Also, an option to choose between genders might be nice when you're starting the game. But it should be made in a way that the NPC characters react differently (if only slightly) towards each gender.

I really would like to see a girl running around in the Hero's tunic with the Master Sword at her side. It would be awesome if Ganondorf (or the main villain) is beat down badly by a girl with a sword and the Triforce mark on her hand.
I'm a boy, and I think that girls should have a fair chance at playing as a girl. As long as you could chose, I would'nt mind this happening. I still wanna be a boy!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Da Poweaaaglove Da Poweaaaglove is a male Sweden Da Poweaaaglove is offline
Das Bunny
View Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post

I think the option to choose if you want to be a girl or boy at the start of the game would be ok.
I self would only choose Link becuse he is the one I think about when hearing the word Zelda maybe also becuse I'am a boy.
But I would have nothing against it if they replaced Link with a "Linina" in some game, it would still be Zelda and it would still be puzzels to be solved.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
View Posts: 4,337

Geez. I open the future zelda forum and let out a groan as soon as I saw this thread (and everyone else in the room looked at me like this :glare). You all know how stupid I think these threads are so I'm not even gonna bother.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to sugar Send a message via Skype™ to sugar
View Posts: 4,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiekahSage View Post
Geez. I open the future zelda forum and let out a groan as soon as I saw this thread (and everyone else in the room looked at me like this :glare). You all know how stupid I think these threads are so I'm not even gonna bother.
Yes, because you're so extremely well-known that everyone is automatically familiar with your opinion on every possible subject! : D

btw, you bothered x:.

I think it might be a nice change to be able to choose your gender in a Zelda game, but it just reminds me too much of Pokemon. I mean, Link is *the* hero of the series, the main character of the story. There's never really been any room for customization, and I think it somehow makes things more epic. Like, when you're reading a novel or watching a movie, you can't really choose the gender of the protagonist.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

I like your thinking but what if you could play as Zelda for the female part and go through her story in a game and then you can have Link for the male and go through his story in a game.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM
UNDR THREEHUNDR
View Posts: 3,318

*Shoots down insaney*

I just can't imagine a female Link saving the princess... And being who I am (and a guy) it feels strange playing as a female (unless it's Samus :XD). I'd still play Zelda, but things wouldn't feel right not having Link around...

(Wait untill Yamari sees this topic, she'll love it. )
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,306

I'd rather see Zelda as the protagonist of a game than a female Link. Not that it's too unreasonable, as 90 percent or more fans agree that it's not just one Link for the entire series.

Since there are different Links it's not unreasonable for there to be a female "Link". Since the name itsself is supposed to indicate a link to the player, a name change may not be nesseccary. Like names such as Sam that could be short for Samuel or Samantha.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,386

I would love to see a female Link in a future title, as long as her outfit isn't completely obscene with her boobs hanging out everywhere and a short tunic/skirt. Make her look like a true warrior.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 67

And maybe they should make another Star Wars, with Luke suddenly becoming a woman.

seriously... would the object be to save Prince Zeldo?
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Deku Scrub

Maybe Zelda doesn't have to be saved in every game (new). Maybe you could switch back and forth with Link and Zelda.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderous View Post
And maybe they should make another Star Wars, with Luke suddenly becoming a woman.

It wouldn't be one person changing into a woman. There isn't just one Link for these games like in Super Mario Brothers and Metroid.

And I don't see any problem with a female hero saving a princess. The protagonist doesn't have to have love interests in the games. She could still be trying to save Princess Zelda. It would actually be best to take small steps, so if they decided to have a female Link in a game, it would be best to not have guys seem attracted to her.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to felix
View Posts: 354

If they did that, then the game shouldn't have zelda in it at all. It wouldn't work to have her save princess zelda. And if they did have a female link, then I think her sword should still be on her back. And I think her sidekick or fairy or whatever should be a sexist and think she is incapable in saving the world or whatever.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Hero of Hyrule
View Posts: 912

I'd like a Female Link.

Could be a refreshing change
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 AM
It inhales vigorously to apose me!
Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-Link

View Posts: 6,950

Hey, it'd be something different. And as long as you had the option of choosing gender, I would be all for it.

What's wrong with letting the women kick ass? Since men seem to hog most of it. XP
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Adviser
Send a message via ICQ to GarmGarf Send a message via AIM to GarmGarf
View Posts: 1,565

Didn't they already have a game where you could be both genders? A Japanese only version of aLttP?

If so, it wouldn't be anything new to the franchise of Zelda.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 AM
weee!

View Posts: 10,229

I remember there was a thread for this a while ago. I don't think Link should become a female, but a side character that is similar to Link would be a good idea. Getting rid of Link and making a female almost like Link would be a bad idea.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 AM
Kenzymandias Kenzymandias is a male United States Kenzymandias is offline
I met a traveler from an antique land...

View Posts: 8,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderous View Post
No, not Zeldo. Probably Zelda. :3

Honestly, I don't mind. Link having male or female reproductive organs really doesn't change gameplay and might slightly alter the story. I'd much rather have new lands to explore, more villains, new plots, new gameplay (tired of the ****ing boomerang, useless..). But gender customization is welcome if it adds to the game.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I want so badly to believe, that there is truth, that love is real.
Send a message via AIM to Pan!
View Posts: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
It wouldn't be one person changing into a woman. There isn't just one Link for these games like in Super Mario Brothers and Metroid.

And I don't see any problem with a female hero saving a princess. The protagonist doesn't have to have love interests in the games. She could still be trying to save Princess Zelda. It would actually be best to take small steps, so if they decided to have a female Link in a game, it would be best to not have guys seem attracted to her.
Somebody would end up being attracted to her and do things like LinkXLinkette, anyway, but still it sounds like a nice idea.

Maybe she should be a more realistic character, and kind of have that boyish appearance (Not saying Lesbo, but more along the lines of being built similarly to Link and having shorter hair.).

Yet guys are clearly attracted to Samus, I mean it's just not fair for dudes to try to hold up when she goes Zero-Suit.

She could be related to Link (a half-sister or also orphaned sister) and they work together in some parts of the game, or you do some stuff as Link, some as Linkette.

She could even be a Gerudo or something, but that would turn to more of a fan-based game.

By the way, I'm not saying she should be called Linkette, I mean, Linia sounds like a beautiful name.

Here's a good one, in a gender-reversed world.

Here's a more Boyish appearance.

Here's the one I'd want as my female Link.
Last Edited by Pan!; 01-02-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Deku Scrub

Why not play as Shiek?

Tags
female, link