Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 8
Meh

I really, really, really think that they should fix the problem where something goes inside an other. Like Links hat constantly flows through his sword..Just a problem that needs fixing. And also, in TP, when Link does the 'fancy put sword away' thing after doing something cool, at the end his sword just goes through it's holder. A problem they really fix. YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO?

lulz
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll call it a telegram if I so wish
View Posts: 1,472
Re: Meh

I'm sure they do their best. Working around the hat can be a little tricky, but personally it doesn't bother me.

What do you mean about the sword going through the scabbard? It sticks out at the end? I've done that fancy sword thing more times than is probably normal but I've never noticed anything odd. But then again, I'm quite oblivious to graphical flaws.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szerenade View Post
I'm sure they do their best. Working around the hat can be a little tricky, but personally it doesn't bother me.

What do you mean about the sword going through the scabbard? It sticks out at the end? I've done that fancy sword thing more times than is probably normal but I've never noticed anything odd. But then again, I'm quite oblivious to graphical flaws.
Hah, I mean like at the end before he pauses for a bit to shove it in completely. In stead of sticking his sword into it first it just sort of....Uhh...It's hard to explain...Just do the fancy thing and watch at the end how the sword just goes through it, then he will puase.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Twili
View Posts: 412

Hi,i thought i would bring some English advice into this all Canadian thread.So here it is:
There's nothing wrong with the way Link puts his sword away!It looks pretty cool actually.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
View Posts: 6,067

Allow an American to speak-

Go play some other 3D games. Objects constantly flow into one another. Just have your character stand next to a wall or something and you'll see it. It happens all the time, and I doubt it'll be fixed anytime soon.

I do know what you mean by Link's sheath. I thought it looked cool, but I agree that that last second is a little weird. I think a friend of mine referred to it as Link's spring-loaded sheath or something.

EDIT
A plague on Canadian admins and their posting whilst I go and do something mid-post!

EDIT EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
to actually get it in there he'd probably have to take it off his back. One of those cases where you avoid realism for the sake of looking cool.
qft.
If you watch the fan video Legend of Link, you'll notice that there's a camera cut every time Link puts his sword and shield away. You simply can't do it the way it's done in the games (especially the shield).
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I'll call it a telegram if I so wish
View Posts: 1,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony View Post
Hah, I mean like at the end before he pauses for a bit to shove it in completely. In stead of sticking his sword into it first it just sort of....Uhh...It's hard to explain...Just do the fancy thing and watch at the end how the sword just goes through it, then he will puase.
I just started a new game so I can't see it yet, but I think I know what you mean. If they used the pause to help (mask) the transition or something, that's quite cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
One of those cases where you avoid realism for the sake of looking cool.
Not entirely. They probably put it on his back in the first place because it's easier to avoid clipping than if it were on his waist.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to felix
View Posts: 354

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me. That's getting too picky.I don't think they can really fix somthing like that, and not easily if they can. What does bother me a little is when Link walks upside down in the Goron Mines his hat tip doesn't stick up like it probably should.

And as for the sword being on the back...it looks way cooler then it would being on his waist. I love it!...and I've tried it with a fake sword...it's hard re-scheathing it!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
PReSEnT DaY... PReSEnT TImE! HAhAHahAha!
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,285

Clipping is present in every 3D game that has loose clothes. (Even Myst 5, where it's all pre-rendered and with motion capture. As-in, they could use as much CPU power as they wanted to stop clipping, and it still wasn't enough.) Why? Because you either need to devote a massive amount of processor power to doing nothing but making sure that the clothes don't clip, or you can have them clip occasionally.

As for his sword, it's huge. I have trouble believing that Link could draw it at all, no matter where the sheath was put, unless his arms were significantly longer.

So, in order to fix those problems you'd have to either make the games look worse or slow them down massively (to free up CPU room for clipping which, I should note, the PS3 even can't spare enough power to prevent when it comes to fabrics.) and you'd have to significantly reduce the size of the master sword in order to make it sheath-able.
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
View Posts: 4,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan16 View Post
Hi,i thought i would bring some English advice into this all Canadian thread.
The British are coming, the British are coming!
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Anyway, its just a colishion glitch. These happen in every game, often you end up walking through walls acidentally. Its nothing to be worried about I've seen worse (in Spyhunter 3 I drove through a mountian).
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Deku Scrub

Yeah, I hear you. And like when there is a "fan" blowing you away so you put on your iron boots...Shouldn't it take your hat too? liek rly ppl
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
The Equivocal Alchemist
Send a message via Yahoo to Azerik
View Posts: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony View Post
you mean it goes through the side instead of the top.it does that in alot of games i got used to it
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Custom User Title
View Posts: 10,577

this is an error that most likely will never be fixed completely, there no game where something doesnt get inside something, TP is not the only game.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 18

yeah, it is just a problem that video gamers have to deal with.

Tags
meh