Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
dturnbull dturnbull is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Sep 2006
View Posts: 33
Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

So, do you seriously believe Twilight Princess will live up to the hype?

This has to be the most hyped game of the year, and it may be hyped so much that a lot of people are disappointed (like with the Wii's price).
__________________
ZeldaGamers.com - Register Today!
Over 3000 members and 50,000 Posts!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:06 PM
MadCucco Mexico MadCucco is offline
Why not?
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detras de tí imbécil!
View Posts: 1,110
Absolutely.

The developers have said that it will be the best Zelda game ever. And I trust them for the sole reason that... they made all of them!!! And, taking in account that Zelda is the best videogame franchise ever conceived... well, you know where I´m going ...

But aside from what the developers promised us, we know that what we´ve seen from TP is just the tiny tip of the iceberg. My time playing TP will be like no other (in videogames... that is. Or overall, but many would think that´s exagerating. And it is. But we´ll see). 70 hours... maybe some will say they´re not as much, but the quality in those 70 hours can´t be conceived by any other game you´ve ever seen. Granted. AND... 70 hours ARE much.

Will it live for the hype? I say YES, YES, AND MORE THAN THAT. But... we´ll see. YES.
__________________

~Who never fails is who never tries.~
~My PH code! Add me! (but PM first)3523 0204 9351~
~Click to see the ST Treasure calculator~
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Guy Guy is a female Guy is offline
penis
Join Date: Jun 2003
View Posts: 1,438
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

I'm beginning to doubt the Wii version. I think changing the controls was pointless. And I have a feeling the controls will be more of a hassle than a new, fun experience. I think they could flaw the game since the game wasn't built from the ground up with the Wii controls in the first place. I thought it was a terrible idea to also mirror the entire game just because of the new controls. Plus since I'm left-handed, so it will be even worse for me.

They should have just left the Wii version with using the B button to use your sword. Or at least have some mirroring and control options.The GC version will be awesome, no doubt. Too bad I'll probably play the Wii version first. I'm tired of waiting.

I think the Wii version will have worse reviews than the GC version. But it could always still be better. But I have my doubts on that.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Xeno Xeno is a male Xeno is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 20,850
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

It appears that way. TP does indeed look promising; but no one can really say anything until they actually play the game (until then; everyone would be just speculating). Just like every other 3D Zelda game; I'm sure it will leave a very enjoyable, memorable experience, overall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,634
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

No. I don't think Twilight Princess will live up to the hype, and that mostly is Nintendo's fault. Twilight Princess should have been released when it was finished on GC (possibly over a half year ago) instead of being held back for Wii. During that time, Nintendo has been hyping TP up as "the greatest Zelda ever". Many fans are blaming other fans for getting the hype too big, but no, it's not the fans fault. Nintendo has said many times that TP will be the best Zelda ever. Reggie said it (twice I believe), Eiji said it, and that one American guy with the horribly lame jokes has said it during E3 2006. It all sounded great after that year long period without any news on TP.

It was promised that TP would have the most dungeons yet, when in recent articles, they've said it will have as many as OoT. Hmmm... could this mean that Nintendo has realized that they can't live up to the hype? Is this foreshadowing that the game may come up short from expectations? We'll have to wait and see, but I will lower my expectations so I'm not dissapointed.

On top of that, during the delay, other games have come out that may make TP look less orignal or new. TP once looked beautiful, it was the greatest looking game ever. Now we've seen PS3 games and TP seems to have lost a little bit of thunder in the graphics area. Not a real biggy, but will there be outdated gameplay elements as well? For example, could Okami, a game where you take control of a wolf, be superior to TP's wolf combat?

What about Oblivion? Remember how big TP's overworld looked last year when we saw the horsebattle demo? Can that overworld really compete with Obvilion's massive overworld?

Plus, with all the confusion Nintendo has caused by moving it over to Wii, mirroring the game, and pushing back the GC version even further, could this effect us as well?

I don't know if TP will live up to the hype, but to play it safe, I'll assume that it won't. I'll expect it to be better than Wind Waker, but not quite as good as Ocarina, Majora's Mask, or ALttP.

Time will tell, but I can't deny being hyped for this game. I'm so hyped that I'm about to explode in my pants!
Last Edited by Kee; 10-08-2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
darkgerudo darkgerudo is a female United States darkgerudo is offline
Nayrulean Nerd
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Govenator Land
View Posts: 443
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

I'm not sure if Twilight Princess will live up to all the hype. I do know that I will enjoy playing Twilight Princess, even the frustrating parts.
__________________
“Watching all these people finally get it and expressing their euphoria on the scent of the game makes my soul hurt.”- Skar
Proud member of the Clan of Pie & Wisdom
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Mystic Link Mystic Link is a male Canada Mystic Link is offline
No! I use that pillow!
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
View Posts: 1,405
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

As clear as I can put it...........

No

They've surely killed some hype with the delay... especially after they told us the GC version was pretty much near completion when they decided to input the wii controls at the last minute. We could've been playing this game roughly a year ago.

Now they've split the hype between 2 versions of the game, which are different control-wise and visually. Not a way to keep the hype constant or rising.

PLUS with some of the news released, it's NOW they tell us that the game will have as many dungeons as OOT... whatever happened to the statement saying it was gonna have the most dungeons than any other Zelda game??

Though it was unlikely, because of the size of the media disks... they never kept their word. So they lie to us from the beginning instead?

I'm deeply losing faith in the company... and now PH doesn't even seem all that promising to me..
__________________



Hear Their Cries...
The Wait Til Daylight Dies...
And So Twilight Seize The Skies...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 07:16 PM
MadCucco Mexico MadCucco is offline
Why not?
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detras de tí imbécil!
View Posts: 1,110
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Something View Post
No. I don't think Twilight Princess will live up to the hype, and that mostly is Nintendo's fault. Twilight Princess should have been released when it was finished on GC (possibly over a half year ago) instead of being held back for Wii. During that time, Nintendo has been hyping TP up as "the greatest Zelda ever". Many fans are blaming other fans for getting the hype too big, but no, it's not the fans fault. Nintendo has said many times that TP will be the best Zelda ever. Reggie said it (twice I believe), Eiji said it, and that one American guy with the horribly lame jokes has said it during E3 2006. It all sounded great after that year long period without any news on TP.

It was promised that TP would have the most dungeons yet, when in recent articles, they've said it will have as many as OoT. Hmmm... could this mean that Nintendo has realized that they can't live up to the hype? Is this foreshadowing that the game may come up short from expectations? We'll have to wait and see, but I will lower my expectations so I'm not dissapointed.

On top of that, during the delay, other games have come out that may make TP look less orignal or new. TP once looked beautiful, it was the greatest looking game ever. Now we've seen PS3 games and TP seems to have lost a little bit of thunder in the graphics area. Not a real biggy, but will there be outdated gameplay elements as well? For example, could Okami, a game where you take control of a wolf, be superior to TP's wolf combat?

What about Oblivion? Remember how big TP's overworld looked last year when we saw the horsebattle demo? Can that overworld really compete with Obvilion's massive overworld?

Plus, with all the confusion Nintendo has caused by moving it over to Wii, mirroring the game, and pushing back the GC version even further, could this effect us as well?

I don't know if TP will live up to the hype, but to play it safe, I'll assume that it won't. I'll expect it to be better than Wind Waker, but not quite as good as Ocarina, Majora's Mask, or ALttP.

Time will tell, but I can't deny being hyped for this game. I'm so hyped that I'm about to explode in my pants!
Maybe TP doesn´t lives for the astounding hype that it´s promise caused. That thing is true: The less you expect, the more you get, I know that (and use that). The thing here is that I want my expectations for TP to be high, and taking on account all the points I made on my post, I want to believe that TP will live for the hype and more.

But, not quite as good as OoT and MM... I´ll pretend I didn´t heard that (altough I´ve heard that a hundred times...). Hint: R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. Also I´ve pointed that in the begginig of my post. Another Hint: They´ve said that this will be the best Zelda game. And guess what?... They´ve made all of them!!!
__________________

~Who never fails is who never tries.~
~My PH code! Add me! (but PM first)3523 0204 9351~
~Click to see the ST Treasure calculator~
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Xeno Xeno is a male Xeno is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 20,850
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Link
PLUS with some of the news released, it's NOW they tell us that the game will have as many dungeons as OOT... whatever happened to the statement saying it was gonna have the most dungeons than any other Zelda game??
Why does it matter if TP has nine dungeons (there's nothing wrong with that amount). If TP's dungeons are one to two times the size of the WW's dungeons; then it does it even matter? If you take that into account, the quality of the dungeons will make TP the best Zelda game to date; not the quantity. To say that TP won’t good because it "only has nine dungeons" is preposterous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCucco View Post
Maybe TP doesn´t lives for the astounding hype that it´s promise caused. That thing is true: The less you expect, the more you get, I know that (and use that).
"No expectations, no disappointments."; or in this case, less expectations, less disappointments.
__________________
Last Edited by Xeno; 10-08-2006 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Typo. Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
TwilightPrince1 TwilightPrince1 is offline
Fanboys make the world go round
Join Date: Jul 2006
View Posts: 2,178
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Link View Post
As clear as I can put it...........

No

They've surely killed some hype with the delay... especially after they told us the GC version was pretty much near completion when they decided to input the wii controls at the last minute. We could've been playing this game roughly a year ago.

Now they've split the hype between 2 versions of the game, which are different control-wise and visually. Not a way to keep the hype constant or rising.

PLUS with some of the news released, it's NOW they tell us that the game will have as many dungeons as OOT... whatever happened to the statement saying it was gonna have the most dungeons than any other Zelda game??

Though it was unlikely, because of the size of the media disks... they never kept their word. So they lie to us from the beginning instead?

I'm deeply losing faith in the company... and now PH doesn't even seem all that promising to me..
You complain way too much kid, take it easy. MOST of your posts recently have been negative and I wonder why. Just be happy that the game is coming out next month and we can all FINALLY enjoy this game.

Oh.....and YES I do believe TP will live up to the hype. I can only imagine what kind of ideas Nintendo has implemented in TP.
__________________

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:05 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post
Why does it matter if TP has nine dungeons (there's nothing wrong with that amount).
Technically, OoT has at least ten dungeons--areas with a Dungeon Map and Compass--twelve if you count areas with Small Keys, and thirteen if you count areas which start you from the entrance when you save.

1) Inside the Great Deku Tree;
2) Dodongo's Cavern;
3) Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly;
4) Forest Temple;
5) Fire Temple;
6) Ice Cavern;
7) Water Temple;
8) Bottom of the Well;
9) Shadow Temple;
10) Spirit Temple;

11) Thieves' Hideout
12) Gerudo Training Ground;

13) Ganon's Tower

Ten itself is more than enough dungeons. I was happy with MM's four (plus the Pirates' Fortress), so this should be amazing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Mystic Link Mystic Link is a male Canada Mystic Link is offline
No! I use that pillow!
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
View Posts: 1,405
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrince1 View Post
You complain way too much kid, take it easy. MOST of your posts recently have been negative and I wonder why. Just be happy that the game is coming out next month and we can all FINALLY enjoy this game.

Oh.....and YES I do believe TP will live up to the hype. I can only imagine what kind of ideas Nintendo has implemented in TP.
Maybe because I'm more pessimistic than optimistic... is that a problem to you buddy?
I expect the best from this game I really do, but compared to what we've all felt last year, or even the year before then, I believe everyone's gotten too overhyped about the game, and thus not all of our expectations will be met once the game is released.

I could have been happier last year when the game was SUPPOSED to have come out... but due to masses of more delays, we've all had to wait. I'm a patient person, and I can handle another year's of patience... but for the reason's they've given us... not an excuse...

And you have no business calling me a kid . I dunno how old you are, but I'm an adult, and should be treated like one.
__________________



Hear Their Cries...
The Wait Til Daylight Dies...
And So Twilight Seize The Skies...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,634
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post
Why does it matter if TP has nine dungeons (there's nothing wrong with that amount). If TP's dungeons are one to two times the size of the WW's dungeons; then it does it even matter? If you take that into account, the quality of the dungeons will make TP the best Zelda game to date; not the quantity. To say that TP won’t good because it "only has nine dungeons" is preposterous.
That's not the point. The fact is, Nintendo promised that it would have more dungeons than any other Zelda, and now they are saying it's not. That is a flat out lie to the fans creating false hype. I'm not so upset with there only being as many dungeons as OoT. That doesn't really bother me at all ,what bothers me is the lies that Nintendo is stating to hype up this game only to dissapoint us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrince1 View Post
You complain way too much kid, take it easy. MOST of your posts recently have been negative and I wonder why. Just be happy that the game is coming out next month and we can all FINALLY enjoy this game.
Yeah, another imfamous TwilightPrince1 post. . . *rolls eyes*
Why can't Mystic Link post his opinion? This thread is called "Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?" That mean, this thread will be filled with opinions. Now, because he has a different opinion than you and you say he complains too much? That's not cool, man.

I'm happy myself that TP is finally coming out next month, but then again, it should have come out months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted View Post
Technically, OoT has at least ten dungeons--areas with a Dungeon Map and Compass--twelve if you count areas with Small Keys, and thirteen if you count areas which start you from the entrance when you save.

1) Inside the Great Deku Tree;
2) Dodongo's Cavern;
3) Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly;
4) Forest Temple;
5) Fire Temple;
6) Ice Cavern;
7) Water Temple;
8) Bottom of the Well;
9) Shadow Temple;
10) Spirit Temple;

11) Thieves' Hideout
12) Gerudo Training Ground;

13) Ganon's Tower

Ten itself is more than enough dungeons. I was happy with MM's four (plus the Pirates' Fortress), so this should be amazing.
Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Thieves' Hideout, and Gerudo Training Ground are not real dungeons. They are mini-dungeons so I wouldn't count them as anything else.
Last Edited by Kee; 10-08-2006 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
TwilightPrince1 TwilightPrince1 is offline
Fanboys make the world go round
Join Date: Jul 2006
View Posts: 2,178
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Link View Post
Maybe because I'm more pessimistic than optimistic... is that a problem to you buddy?
I expect the best from this game I really do, but compared to what we've all felt last year, or even the year before then, I believe everyone's gotten too overhyped about the game, and thus not all of our expectations will be met once the game is released.

I could have been happier last year when the game was SUPPOSED to have come out... but due to masses of more delays, we've all had to wait. I'm a patient person, and I can handle another year's of patience... but for the reason's they've given us... not an excuse...

And you have no business calling me a kid . I dunno how old you are, but I'm an adult, and should be treated like one.
You are entitled to your own opinion and thats fine. You said that you could handle another year of patience and I wouldn't be able to. I think Nintendo has no choice but to release this game in 2006 and if it wasn't a launch title for the Wii, I think it would have been a bad situation for Nintendo. But thats not important now because the game is coming out next month and at least I know i'm extremely happy and cannot wait to play this game.

BTW, sorry for calling you a kid. I didn't mean to disrespect you or anything.
__________________

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
LOZ Historian LOZ Historian is a male LOZ Historian is offline
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Archives of Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 2,588
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Something View Post
Yeah, another imfamous TwilightPrince1 post. . . *rolls eyes*Why can't Mystic Link post his opinion? This thread is called "Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?" That mean, this thread will be filled with opinions. Now, he has a different opinion that you and you say he complains too much? That's not cool, man.
I know its none of my business to qute on this but your comment and attitude makes me laugh because it definantly reflects the frowning of the guy in your Avatar...

But no seriously. I agree with your disgust. Looking at Lion Harted's post there is about 11 real dungeons. And TP is only going to have 9. I was hoping to see more main dungeons too, and I won't lie that Nintendo mislead us. Hell, look at how they mislead us with the E3 showcase of Zelda 2000 before WW. It was the mai nreason I bought GC. So your not alone in being pissed off.

However there is an optimistic view to take this matter here. Look at how huge the overworld is going to be in TP surely their may be more mini/sub dungeons than there was in OoT. Think of it that way. We can get more dungeons, just not main dugeons. But then again Nintendo could use that as an excuse to not dissapoint fans like you who may stillbe crabby when the game is out.
__________________
'The Historian Conscious'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingLink
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Last Edited by LOZ Historian; 10-08-2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

I'm including mini-dungeons because I expect TP will include mini-dungeons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,634
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ Historian View Post
I know its none of my business to qute on this but your comment and attitude makes me laugh because it defently reflects the frowning of the guy in your Avatar...
Heh. You should have seen my real face when I read that post...

Quote:
But no seriously. I agree with your disgust. Looking at Lion Harted;s post there is about 12 or 13 of those dungeons. And TP is only going to have 9. I was hoping to see more main dungeons too, and I won't lie that Nintendo mislead us. Hell, look at how they mislead us with the E3 showcase of Zelda 2000 before WW. It was the mai nreason I bought GC. So your not alone in being pissed off.
I thought they said as many dungeons as OoT. Wasn't it just assumed it was nine?
As for the Spaceworld 00 Zelda tech demo, I'll never forget how shocked I was with the amazing graphics and finally seeing Link and Ganon fight in an epic one-on-one sword duel. Nintendo kept leading us on in interviews saying that the game is in development. . . they never said that it would end up with Wind Waker graphics. Not that I hate the graphics style in WW (though, now I'm sick of it), but I definatly perfered the Spaceworld graphics.

Quote:
However there is an optimistic view to take this matter here. Look at how huge the overworld is going to be in TP surely their may be more mini/sub dungeons than there was in OoT. Think of it that way. We can get more dungeons, just not main dugeons. But then again Nintendo could use that as an excuse to not dissapoint fans like you who may stillbe crabby when the game is out.
I am hoping that the world is full of sercrets, sidequests, and mini-dungeons, but I still would like a decent number of main-dungeons.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Xeno Xeno is a male Xeno is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 20,850
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Something View Post
That's not the point. The fact is, Nintendo promised that it would have more dungeons than any other Zelda, and now they are saying it's not. That is a flat out lie to the fans creating false hype. I'm not so upset with there only being as many dungeons as OoT. That doesn't really bother me at all ,what bothers me is the lies that Nintendo is stating to hype up this game only to dissapoint us.
You know as well as I know (as well as probably everyone else except arrogant fanboys) that this isn't the first time Nintendo has lied. Honestly, this didn't come to a surprise to me that Nintendo decided not to make thirteen or more "full" dungeons. Eiji stated that their goal was to put as many dungeons as they could in TP. I’d actually rather have nine massive dungeons then thirteen medium to small sized ones.
__________________
Last Edited by Xeno; 10-08-2006 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Confused developers. . . Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
TwilightPrince1 TwilightPrince1 is offline
Fanboys make the world go round
Join Date: Jul 2006
View Posts: 2,178
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ Historian View Post
I know its none of my business to qute on this but your comment and attitude makes me laugh because it definantly reflects the frowning of the guy in your Avatar...

But no seriously. I agree with your disgust. Looking at Lion Harted's post there is about 11 real dungeons. And TP is only going to have 9. I was hoping to see more main dungeons too, and I won't lie that Nintendo mislead us. Hell, look at how they mislead us with the E3 showcase of Zelda 2000 before WW. It was the mai nreason I bought GC. So your not alone in being pissed off.

However there is an optimistic view to take this matter here. Look at how huge the overworld is going to be in TP surely their may be more mini/sub dungeons than there was in OoT. Think of it that way. We can get more dungeons, just not main dugeons. But then again Nintendo could use that as an excuse to not dissapoint fans like you who may stillbe crabby when the game is out.
Once again, it was never confirmed that TP would only have 9 dungeons. Aonuma said that "it will have as many as OoT". Thats two totally different things.
__________________

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
LOZ Historian LOZ Historian is a male LOZ Historian is offline
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Archives of Zelda Theorizing
View Posts: 2,588
Re: Do you believe it will live up to the Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrince1 View Post
Once again, it was never confirmed that TP would only have 9 dungeons. Aonuma said that "it will have as many as OoT". Thats two totally different things.
Well whatever...

Personally, I think no one has the right to b:tch about a game that they have not played yet. I think it is rediculous no matter who's opinion it is. I bet that when the came comes out it will have little to less critisism at all. Sure I'm pissed that Nintedo lies but I can't blame them.

As long as the game comes out for GC I will not complain.
__________________
'The Historian Conscious'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissingLink
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hype, live


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -