Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 05:31 AM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,124
Re: Eiji Aonuma... his words. [*Spoiler* for people who havent finished windwaker]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox
Yeah, Like, you swing the wii controller for a sword.
That's not what you do, you still push buttons to use all of your items.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Mr. Wonderful Mr. Wonderful is a male United States Mr. Wonderful is offline
There is blood on my hands. How long till it lies on my heart?
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wonderful
View Posts: 7,608
Re: Eiji Aonuma... his words. [*Spoiler* for people who havent finished windwaker]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDwarf
That's not what you do, you still push buttons to use all of your items.
I think he ment it in the sense that games after Twilight Princess will be played something like that.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Life is all about resolve - outcome is secondary.
View Posts: 4,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerudo Warrior
"Twilight Princess will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form.
[For those of you who dont know Eiji Aonuma he is the director of TP]
Those wrere the words of Eiji Aonuma so....... I just thought of something the windwaker ending. Did they make windwaker end like it did to give a end to zelda and venture into a MMORPG or a RTS without people asking how did it end?
Hyrule being traped under water and Ganon sealed for ever seems to be a end to Zelda.
Uh...may I point out to you that in all the games you defeat Ganondorf? How's it any difference to the ending to WW? Except for the sword stuck in his head part. But basically all the Zelda games start over again, but not exactly in the same way.

{-: Itsuya Dayrose <3~ :-}
{-: Art Commissions! :-}
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 116

Wait Wait Wait....I dount understand...Twilight Princess Is the Last Zelda Game?
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Poprocks*
Steam ID: lunchboxzu
View Posts: 16,245

No! Read teh whole sentence! Gosh!
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Gerudo Thief

Dount yell at me I just didnt under stand...
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzie
Alright, small vote. Who would want a Zelda MMORPG, or just keep it as is?
Keep it as it is.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Goron
View Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One
Uh...may I point out to you that in all the games you defeat Ganondorf? How's it any difference to the ending to WW? Except for the sword stuck in his head part. But basically all the Zelda games start over again, but not exactly in the same way.
May I point out that then you don't know a damn thing about Zelda? You don't defeat Ganon in all the games. Ironically you feature an avatar and sig of Vaati, the final boss for TMC and FS. Perhaps no one has noticed but Nintendo has gone the "Ganondorf, not Ganondorf, Ganondorf, and so on" final boss strategy. Almost

TLoZ - Ganon
TAoL - Shadow
ALttP - Ganon
LA - Dethl
OoT - Ganon
MM - Majora's Wrath
Oracle - Ganon
FS - Vaati
TWW - Ganondorf
FSA - Ganon (it breaks it here but then goes again the same)
TMC - Vaati
TP - Ganon (apparently)
PH - ???
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 03:37 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,124

For all of you who argue that tWW must be the end, I've got some observations.

One Hyrule is underwater, nothing has been said about there not being a second Hyrule, discovered by Link and Tetra.

Since Ganon is turned to stone, he probably isn't dead.

Now, what was that you were saying about tWW having to be the end?

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Just to clear things up: the use of the word "last" does not have anything to do with chronology. I've gotten a couple questions from people about that.

What is likely meant by this is that we will begin to see games like PH, with really really unique twists. Not just unique items or game features--but twists that affect gameplay as a whole. More Wiimote functions, more Touch Screen functions, etc. etc.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Poprocks*
Steam ID: lunchboxzu
View Posts: 16,245

What if, in teh future obviously, that Nintendo made a system where you are the game's character, and you could become Link. Wouldn't that be cool?

Also, I have no idea why I thought of this, but what if PH (Or TP, I forgot which comes out last) is the last game where you play as Link? Maybe they'll go into The Legend of Ganondorf, and tell his side of the story....?

And, don't criticize me for this post, it was just a thought(sp?)
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 660

As long as Nintendo makes videogames, there will be Zelda. End of story. Anyonw who argues that "well what about in this game when this happens. hyrule is underwater blah blah inconsistency". fact is, Nintendo doesnt care if the agmes do or donr match up chronologically, they will simply create a story that, for that particular game, works well and they think people will enjoy, but will spend the majority of their time on the gameplay.

I think they will simply be bringing a new control scheme. Maybe something along the liens of only using the Pointer, as in, just the remote, held in TV remote fashion, without the nunchuk. Personally, i think exploring hyrule one handed while i rest on my couch with a coke in my now free hand (thanks one handed controller!) would be great, and nintendo needs an epic killer app to use only the remote (once again, in remote fashion, not racecar sideways fashion) to really sell it. Don't say it wuldnt work, because they could make it work. It's not a case of squeasing the current control methods to work for it, its a case of creating a totally new control method and set of gameplay mechanics and mould the gameplay from them. thats the only way to make them feel natural.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Gerudo Thief

I dount think Zelda wount end....Serously Its one of the best Game Series out there!
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
ZU's Wii-d addict
Send a message via AIM to zelda may cry
View Posts: 630

I came up with something that I think makes sense. Let me go back to Eiji A. said "This will be the last Zelda game as we know it." I think that by that he means the last Zelda game set in Hyrule. Ehh? EHHHHHHHH? Wrap your mind around that one.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

I can't be bothered to do any quoting today, so I'll just say this: for all those that were winging and whining about me saying that Oblivion is a Zelda rip-off, I have three words for you : LEARN TO READ!!!! I never said that Oblivion was a Zelda rip-off, it's just you Oblivion fanboys exaggerating something beyond all proportions. I said that I noticed that SOME (I thought I'd put it in bold in case some of you idiots still manage to miss that very important word) of the enemies looked like they had been copied from Zelda. I never said anything about all the enemies being copied, I never said anything about the entire game of Oblivion being a copy of Zelda, all I said was that I noticed a couple of enemies that were obvious rip-offs.

The Wraiths being near exact copies of Wizrobes is the main one. Sure, they can have ghosts that can lob stuff at you, but did they really need to make the voices so high-pitched just a Wizrobes scream? And did they really have to copy every Wizrobe attack? No they didn't, so it's pretty obvious where the inspiration for the Wraiths in Oblivion came from : Wizrobes in Zelda. And if any of you Oblivion fanboys still can't understand that your exaggerating something that I said, then go back to school, learn to read, and only have a go at me for something that I've ACTUALLY done, not something you've made up. Okay? Good.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 194

OK I usually wouldn't respond to something like this but I am an Elder Scrolls junkie and thought that Oblivion was an excellent game and Morrowind was even better (for those who care more about plot and complexity than graphics and mainstream dumbing down (can't explain it any other way) Morrowind was way better). I'll deal with just your wraith- wizrobe problem so you can't complain that I'm overexagerating what you say. First, some background:

Wizrobe-
Majora's Mask- Wizrobes were minibosses that resembled an old translucent man. They carried a staff and shot fire or ice balls at you. They teleported around the room using pads and multiplied themselves towards the end.

Wind waker- Emphasized the term wizrobe Wizard in a robe (I know it was hard to see). They are opaque meaning you cannot see through them. They have a large beak protruding from underneath a hooded black robe (think Ra'zac in Eragon). They can float at any height. They disappear and reappear in different locations. They shoot fire and ice as well as summon other creatures to help them fight. They have one of the most god-awful laughs and they do make a high pitched scream when they are defeated.

I think thats all for Zelda, now Oblivion.

Wraiths- Wraiths are historically defined as ghosts of the dead. This would correlate since you find ghosts (earlier versions of wraiths)/wraiths in tombs/crypts/caves/shipwrecks. They are translucent meaning they aren't like glass but you can still see through them (you get the idea). They are floating figures resembling old men with short beards and rotting flesh that are cloaked in a black robe. They are ghostly green with slight variations in shading. They may or may not carry a weapon. They are resistant to ice and poison. They shoot ice attacks as well as encumbering attacks (drains your strength which means you can't move its very uncool). They do not disappear and reappear, they hover and slowly glide towards you. They carry no staff.

Keep in mind that Oblivion is meant to be generally mainstream with its creature and in a sense medieval. So if we look at wraiths historically we can see that:

-Wraiths are translucent aka see through as historically seen in context as well as the term wraith-like meaning insubstantial, translucent.

-Wraiths have always been characterized to have high-pitched screams, that is how the subclass of banshees originated. Tolkien also portrayed his ringwraiths (which are wraiths just with a ring in front of it) as having a high-pitched scream so technically both are plagurizing. All texts portray wraiths as having a high-pitched keening wail. The idea is that they are in agony hence the wail.

Now to some of your claims

-Wraiths do not disappear and reappear like wizrobes do, they glide slowly towards you (go archers and destruction magic) and then attack with melee.

-Wraiths do shoot ice blasts but they also shoot encumbering shots as well as being quite adept at melee.

-Wraiths resemble a hooded old man, thay have no beak. Either way they do not match either description perfectly.

-Wraiths are a pain in the @$$ to kill while wizrobes are relatively easy to kill.

-Finally, from a legal standpoint, the term wraith was first documented in 1513 and it is an uncopyrighted name, therefore, reproduction of its name and abilities are completely legal. If anything, since you are comparing the two, Nintendo should be the one sued for duplicating the wraith without giving it proper credit by calling the wizrobe a wraith.

Ah nic break from homework too bad I can't make this my essay
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnoren
OK I usually wouldn't respond to something like this but I am an Elder Scrolls junkie and thought that Oblivion was an excellent game and Morrowind was even better (for those who care more about plot and complexity than graphics and mainstream dumbing down (can't explain it any other way) Morrowind was way better). I'll deal with just your wraith- wizrobe problem so you can't complain that I'm overexagerating what you say. First, some background:

Spoiler (Highlight to read):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wizrobe-
Majora's Mask- Wizrobes were minibosses that resembled an old translucent man. They carried a staff and shot fire or ice balls at you. They teleported around the room using pads and multiplied themselves towards the end.

Wind waker- Emphasized the term wizrobe Wizard in a robe (I know it was hard to see). They are opaque meaning you cannot see through them. They have a large beak protruding from underneath a hooded black robe (think Ra'zac in Eragon). They can float at any height. They disappear and reappear in different locations. They shoot fire and ice as well as summon other creatures to help them fight. They have one of the most god-awful laughs and they do make a high pitched scream when they are defeated.

I think thats all for Zelda, now Oblivion.

Wraiths- Wraiths are historically defined as ghosts of the dead. This would correlate since you find ghosts (earlier versions of wraiths)/wraiths in tombs/crypts/caves/shipwrecks. They are translucent meaning they aren't like glass but you can still see through them (you get the idea). They are floating figures resembling old men with short beards and rotting flesh that are cloaked in a black robe. They are ghostly green with slight variations in shading. They may or may not carry a weapon. They are resistant to ice and poison. They shoot ice attacks as well as encumbering attacks (drains your strength which means you can't move its very uncool). They do not disappear and reappear, they hover and slowly glide towards you. They carry no staff.

Keep in mind that Oblivion is meant to be generally mainstream with its creature and in a sense medieval. So if we look at wraiths historically we can see that:

-Wraiths are translucent aka see through as historically seen in context as well as the term wraith-like meaning insubstantial, translucent.

-Wraiths have always been characterized to have high-pitched screams, that is how the subclass of banshees originated. Tolkien also portrayed his ringwraiths (which are wraiths just with a ring in front of it) as having a high-pitched scream so technically both are plagurizing. All texts portray wraiths as having a high-pitched keening wail. The idea is that they are in agony hence the wail.

Now to some of your claims

-Wraiths do not disappear and reappear like wizrobes do, they glide slowly towards you (go archers and destruction magic) and then attack with melee.

-Wraiths do shoot ice blasts but they also shoot encumbering shots as well as being quite adept at melee.

-Wraiths resemble a hooded old man, thay have no beak. Either way they do not match either description perfectly.

-Wraiths are a pain in the @$$ to kill while wizrobes are relatively easy to kill.

-Finally, from a legal standpoint, the term wraith was first documented in 1513 and it is an uncopyrighted name, therefore, reproduction of its name and abilities are completely legal. If anything, since you are comparing the two, Nintendo should be the one sued for duplicating the wraith without giving it proper credit by calling the wizrobe a wraith.
You said that the Wizrobes in MM looked like old men, and the Wizrobes in TWW have beaks (*cough*masks to hide their real faces*cough*). Then you say that Wraiths are unlike Wizrobes because they look like old men and they don't have beaks. You deliberately missed out the Wizrobes from MM looking like old men there, didn't you? HA! Wizrobes-1 Wraiths-0. Wraiths do shoot ice shots at you, and from what I've seen in the game, orange things aswell. They looked a lot like fire balls to me, much like Wizrobes in Zelda.

Also, you missed out the very important thing that I mentioned about Wizrobes attacks. In FSA, some Wizrobes can take away Force Gems from you, and the Wraiths can take stuff away from you too (you said that yourself). HA HA! Wizrobes-2 Wraiths-0.

What was that? Wraiths are a pain in the @$$ to kill? Some Wizrobes are also a pain in the @$$ to kill. HA HA HA! Wizrobes-3 Wraiths-0. I never said anything about suing (well i did, but that was just joking. Obviously some people can't take a joke), and Nintendo can't be sued.

I hate Microsoft (or whatever company made the game, if you fanboys want to be specific) fanboys. Just can't take anything bad being said about their precious Elder Scrolls.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross
I don't think the change will be that drastic...

Ganon has always found a way to come back, even though it said that he wouldn't.
And the Master Sword is sealed away... FOREVER. The last words of A Link to the Past, if I am correct, are wrong, because, it that came before Windwaker, then it is wrong, but if it came after the Windwaker, the Windwaker is wrong. So, I don't think it would be a drastic plot change. However, I think the gameplay will be drastically different.

We are entering the age where most games will have some form of virtual reality gameplay. You are now going to be the Link. I believe that is what he meant. And, it would be retarded if they got rid of the classic Zelda feel. Zelda is like the second most important franchise for Nintendo, if you really think about it.
ALttP comes after TWW, if you think logically. As for how they're going to change Zelda, yes, it's going to be far more intuitive and immersive, and eventually get to the point where you're going to be like Ryshu and think you're Link. (Maybe he was just a tester for Nintendo for the top-secret Visual Boy Advance...)
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross
Well, the only reason I think that ALttP was after TWW, is because ALttP takes place in Hyrule. The royal family is set up and stable, and there is a castle and everything. However, in Wind Waker, Hyrule is destroyed, as it was flooded with the oceans.

However, I am sure there is a very logical explanation to your theory. Please explain it, because I want to see your opinion.

Maybe in future Zeldas, you will be able to do what you do with RPGs? Ultimately, making certain choices in what you say will alter the flow of events. That would certainly be an adaptable change.
Okay, so you know how Tetra, Link, and the pirates set out to find a new land? Well, they found a new land, and named it Hyrule in honor of the great land that their ancestors lived in. This is the Hyrule that FSA, ALttP, and all the other Zelda games around that point take place. (I used FSA and ALttP as examples because their Hyrules are almost identical.)

And, no, future Zelda's should not have different endings. Zelda doesn't work that way. It's a legend being told during the game, but you are able to play the role of the hero and go through his adventure. Zelda isn't an RPG in that sense, so it wouldn't be a good thing to change it like that.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.

Tags
aonuma, eiji, finished, people, spoiler, windwaker, words