Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Poignant party pooper
View Posts: 4,758
Re: The Biggest Problem

I guess he's talking about a fighting vs. mode as an extra, which is dumb. Just play Super Smash Bros. Melee alright?
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
The International Man of Mystery
Send a message via AIM to Marvelman Send a message via Yahoo to Marvelman
View Posts: 487

Oh I see what you're sayin'. Let me have a go.

I think he's trying to say that the basic Zelda game would be the same and all, except in his "dream game" there would be an extra mode for his multiplayer fun. Uh, if you still don't get it, I think I have an easier way to break it down...

----
If you didn't get my first section, I have a better way to explain his "dream game."

My Basic Explanation

[1] First you'd put in your game as usual, and then the main screen would eventually come up. It would have the selections: Single Player - Multiplayer - Options(or something)

[2] When you press "Single Player," you'd play the game as we all know the Zelda franchise to be, nice and normal.

[3] When you press "Multiplayer," you would have basically a multiplayer experience of Zelda, or some kind of "vs." game.

I'm not sure if that's what he meant or not, but that's my interpretation.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,850

Hmm. This is an interesting argument.

As stated before, Zelda isn't really meant to be nothing else besides a single player action/adventure game. The FS series attempted to do it, and it did poorly. Not all games work out or need to be a MMO. Just look at the Elder Scroll's series and their success. Their new installment in the series is probably one of the greatest games of all time (this comes from more then just my personal perspective).

Anyways, multiplayer as a main gameplay element wouldn't work out. Now, you've already said this is not what you meant. Now, as a "bonus" in a Zelda games seems more probable, but the idea of it doesn't sound like it would be a very good. Firstly, Link is the main character. And you can only play as Link (besides MM, but I don't think Nintendo will bring back the masks). It would be kind of hard to create fighting styles to other characters when you play ONLY as Link in the whole game.

Fighter style gameplay elements (i.e. Soul Caliber, etc.) won't mix with a action adventure game. You can have one or the other, but mixing them isn't such a good idea.

And as already said before, if you feel a need to play with different Zelda characters, and make them fight each other. Play a Super Smash Bros. game.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
The International Man of Mystery
Send a message via AIM to Marvelman Send a message via Yahoo to Marvelman
View Posts: 487

Now that I'm finsihed explaining/standing up for Django, I'll say my opinon on this.

Well, even though this has been said so many times I'm gonna say it again...a multplayer section wouldn't fit well with the Zelda franchise. Co-op has already proved to be, not-so-great, and fighting in a "vs." match just wouldn't mix well with an adventure game.

If you combine different genres of games together, it has a huge potential of messing up the game. And we can't have that happen in the Zelda franchise.

I'm not sure what other multiplayer modes are possible. The ones I've thought up were: Fighting (like Link in Soul Calibur 2 or Super Smash Bros.), Co-op (the Four Swords), or mingames. But as I've thought it through, it just seems like it would change the gameplay of Zelda, and that would probably mess with the game...
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,468

Here's something to think about: Do you really want Zelda to become a multiplayer franchise? Like Zelda Party? I dont think so. Keep Zelda a single player franchise, don't mess it up.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Actually, I recall reading something about a multiplayer mode in PH. I'll see if I can find it.

*edit-Here 'tis:
http://www.zelda-fans.com/archives/2...-demo-e3-2006/
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykopathik
Actually, I recall reading something about a multiplayer mode in PH. I'll see if I can find it.
It was disliked by most who played it, even those who likes the rest of PH. Essentially three people play the role of 'seakers', the other one of Link, it then becomes a game of capture the flag.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
ZU Loner
Send a message via AIM to Django
View Posts: 443

god damnit marvel man thank you . It seems u under stand what im talking about. Now ITS JUST EXTRA, the same exact zelda game one player story with just multiplayer on the side like most games. Everythings better when you can enjoy it with a friend do we under stand now. The reason u see multiplayer has failed is because its been done wrong.
The same reason that metroid skipped a counsole nintendo had no idea which direction to bring it and than than it hit them. The same will be said about zelda in the future. You only see past failure not possibility you'll turn around once they get it right.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to derktoon Send a message via Yahoo to derktoon
View Posts: 75

im just afraid it would go like all the other MMORPGs...make your own character and interact in the zelda world...on second thought...that might be kinda fun...i find it hard to believe Nintendo would ever make a multiplayer hack and slash game. Zelda games, while they include hack and slash, hasnt been about it. Its been about puzzles. BUT still you would have to come up with a new way of doing targeting because its kinda lame just to lock on to someone and blast them with arrows or slash unerring.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Tarzy1
View Posts: 7

I think about what you're saying, and I try to think of the 'fun' factor. It isn't that high... It would be awesome the first few times, but it'd get boring real fast. From my experience, Zelda seems mostly about beating levels by thinking, and using the ideas you generate to complete different stages of the game. It isn't an action-based game, so the multiplayer that you talk about wouldn't be as enjoyable as you think it will be. The multiplayer in FSA is great because it's the same thought-based game with added players to increase the complexity of the problems therefore increasing the fun of the game . (Sorry if that was confusing)

Don't get me wrong though, the fighting in the more recent Zelda games has been awesome, and even the older Zelda games have some fun fights.

Link is the definition of HOT.
He's the Hero of Time

And with the avatar; I'm not real sure if this correlation was intentional or not, but I sure as believe it

#31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Axis Powers
View Posts: 2,443

Well here's what I think: At the start menu of a Zelda game, there should be something labeled "Multiplayer Function" or something. In it you can choose different things to do in multiplayer. And maybe even a "Play Game In Multiplayer Mode". But that's only a maybe, it could be in some games. This is what I think would be cool, though.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM
54-pounds of cement
Send a message via AIM to the_oni_link
View Posts: 322

can't say i'd even wanna play zelda multiplayer :\ in 3D, sword dealing might get boring, cause of the easy to sue shield and all. MAYBE WW boat fights, with cannons and all, but other than that i can't imagine much fun in it.

rock eater
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Timaeus
View Posts: 371

Yeah. Phantom Hourglass is supposed to be two player ^_^ Check nintendo.com

Sig and avy made by Cal

I have adopted Shadowmere, Zero Hex, and Master Sword 12. You mess with them, you answer to me!! forum
Friends: DarkShadowLink9, Shadowmere, Dathen, Zero Hex
PM to join the group of Friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leminnes
Balloons hate the human race.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to arigato99
View Posts: 168

A multiplayer Zelda game would be cool if it were cooperative, like the Four Swords games only on a larger scale. However, not every game in the world needs a multiplayer function. Star Wars KoToR didn't have a multiplayer, but when it came down to it, it didn't need it. Other than creating tailor-made multiplayer quests, I don't see how any Zelda game could be enhanced by it.
We are forming
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Goron
View Posts: 382

I never really liked multiplayer (thats why I never really played FS or FSA) I guess you could say that it takes away from the 1-P experience of Zelda. It takes away from the epic feel of 1 on 1 boss battles and such.

Why would I write "Din Clan in my sig? Its right there above my avatar!.

BA CHARACTER:Percivel Mangione.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Camchin Send a message via Yahoo to Camchin
View Posts: 6

i think a vs mode would be nice especally if you could use the profiles on the game
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 216

I don't think the 3d multiplayer mode could actually be a succes. Zelda MUST be a singleplayer game, they would only ruin the game if they add something as multiplayer. I always wanted to play Alttp multiplay, but now I've played FS, I don't ever want to experience multiplay in zelda anymore. Even though I don't like the multiplay, I can understand what Django meant and I do honestly think we will see a multiplay game of zelda in the near future. Windwaker had some sort of tingle multiplay in it, then came the four swords and now PH has multiplay.

1 A link to the past
2 Links Awakening
3 The Wind Waker
4 Ocarina of time
5 A Link Between Worlds

I so hope nintendo will release the BS zelda (satellaview) game one day, since these are the only ones I don't own..

R.I.P.
Kcobain
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 795

I think zelda is made 4 single player. links' a loner and hes cool that way. Besides with vs battles thered be what? about 5 chars? theres not enough characters in zelda who fight or do anything action or adventurous. It would get boring and distract one from the beauty of the storyline.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2006, 12:35 AM
ZU Loner
Send a message via AIM to Django
View Posts: 443

if characters are your problem than that's an easy solution, there are how many enemies
each with there own unique abilities, plus people ike the Gerudo, Hylian Soldiers, Gorons, Zora, Gannon, Gannondorf, Zelda, Sheik, Wolf Link, Plus bosses if there aren't too big so characters aren't really a problem
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Dark Lord
Send a message via AIM to MrROBOTO1988
View Posts: 305

heheh, i get angry at people who i'm playing multiplayer with unless they are very competent gamers and know what they should be doing in correlation with what i'm doing

Tags
biggest, problem