Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 31
-=The Twilight Curse Theory=-

I first would like to say Hello, and nice to meet everyone!

This is a theory that I thought of by watching the E3 trailiers over and over again.

The Theory: That all Main characters, including Zelda are cursed by the Twilight in a very evil way that changes them and puts them under some sort of spell...a spell cast by none other than Ganon...and that it is up to Link to break the spell on all of the cursed characters.

We all saw the E3 demo, if you havent, go watch it now. We see Link pick up a giant Goron ( confirmed by a picture in EGM ) and throw him quite some distance. I think its very safe to say that this IS a boss battle, and the Goron is an enemy at this point in the game. The EGM sketch of the Goron is a very detailed sketch by a very talented artist...and if all of you remmeber, there is also another very detailed and skillfull sketch of Princess Zelda, drawn in the same fashion as the Goron was.

Zelda is shown with HER sword, wich she never had in the past, and in a fighting stance.
Could it be that if Link fights a cursed Goron, that he will also have to fight a cursed Zelda as well?

I think it would make for a creative and suprising plot twist, that would bring something new to the series and also quench our thirsts, as far as epic battles are concerned...and the trend doesnt have to stop there! Zoras could be cursed as well as many other iconic Legend of Zelda characters. Of course we would have a "Normal" Boss character every once in a while as well, that doesnt have anything to do with a curse.

Long story short: Bosses in Twilight themed Dungeons are cursed and Link must break the curse. Bosses in Normal Hyrule are not cursed, but serve as plot development bosses and game fillers.

Does anyone agree that this theory might become reality?

If something similar was posted earlier, I apologize in advance. I tried searching, and found nothing similar.
Last Edited by Irukandji; 05-20-2006 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9
Re: -=The Twilight Curse Theory=-

First of all, i would like to say this is good theory... but Miyamoto Shigeru himself said that twilight relam has nothing to do with Ganon....
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Gerudo Thief

Well Ewing33nk,

What you say IS true indeed....BUT, keep in mind....Shigeru Miyamoto said that GANON had nothing to do with the twilight....but he didnt say anything about GANONDORF!

Either way, the main subject of my thread wasnt so much about Ganon, it is more about Link having to break a curse on character, whether Ganondorf is controlling thos characters or not really isnt what i was trying to touch base on, I just threw that in there for kicks....but thank ou for telling me about what Miyamoto said, I didnt knwo that he said that until you told me. But still, Ganondorf might have something to do with it.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283

So your theory could be wrong in that Ganon(/dorf) made/uses the Twilight Realm, but other than that, it's an interesting theory. I mean, it could just be caused by something else.

But I don't think killing a boss in the TW will "break the curse," unless they are in some way directly connected to the realm itself -- highly unlikely if they're simply evil versions of normal things in the "regular" world.

I think a more interesting way to think is that Zelda herself created the TW, much like how the Chozo created Metroids (in a way... and I think I am correct as far as the Metroid story goes).

Nice job of putting together a theory though. It's a cool way of thinking about the game. Almost like a Majora's Mask, but stronger evil.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 06:42 PM
no avatar available
View Posts: 310

That boss thats defeated in the latest demo (the fire guy, not the goron) doesn't actually completely die. You can see that he is still alive after you defeat him, he just shrinks. I reckon he could be an ally who just got cursed aswell, especially since he was chained up before you fight him. In other words I agree with that part of your theory.

I wonder how the Zoras will be affected, their were evil Zoras in ALTTP. I wonder if they'll be similar
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Gerudo Thief

Yeah, im willing revise my theory in a small way.

I agree with the above posts, in that, The Twilight doesnt necessarily have to be controlled by Ganon, or Ganondorf...but rather by a new and stronger evil.

I think the Twilight is so strong that it affects not only Zelda, but also Ganon.

Imagine for a second that if the twilight can curse a Goron...or even Zelda wich are "good" characters....imagine what it would do to an evil character like Ganon! Its like Evil casting an evil spell on a character thats already evil!

Just a theory. I guess we will just have to see what characters are, and arent affaected by the twilight....but im willing to bet that Zelda is for sure. We have already seen her in her "Black Cloak" outfit, wich is probably her evil form...and we have seen her in her "Princess outfit with sword" wich is most likley her outfit once we break the curse on her.

I guess my theory is more of a "Hopeful" theory, rather than a realistic one...although it COULD happen. Im just tired of playing "rescue the princess"....

I would rather have a "break the spell that was cast on the princess, so she can team up with you and battle Ganon with her sword!"...although, that would kind of be rescuing her in a way also..but instead of rescuing her from ganon, were rescuing her from the twilight curse.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Hylian Knight
Send a message via AIM to Son Of Nabooru
View Posts: 624

I dunno that theory is weird, It dosent seem very zelda like.

Joe

-Currently beating OoS Halfway through the game, 3-5 more days to go until completion.
- Majoras mask (Trying to get a PERFECT file, [/I]However Ive beaten this game many times before) Update- I refilled my bombers notebook, and only have two contacts to complete, close to perfection on the file.
-OoT (beaten before, However, Id like to make ANOTHER, perfect file). Update - May be able to recover my perfect file on the N64 version, maybe ending my perfection of OoT.
-Re-complete ALttP.
-Complete FSA Better finish it before PH comes out
-Complete and Perfect PH
-Perfect WW?
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikai
I dunno that theory is weird, It dosent seem very zelda like.

Joe
tWW didn't seem very zelda like, there are really no staples to the zelda series, anything and everything can happen.

Well, personally I don't think the twilight realm is evil at all, nor does it transform people into an evil doppleganger, just look at link, he's a wolf, zelda has a twilight mourning cloak. So far, you theory is speculation based on no reall evidence, the only evil that has been seen/discussed so far is midna's not so good goals, and Ganon, prince of evil himself.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

tww is not a zelda like...
its dark man.. unlike other zelda series... its darker...
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 901

I don't like the idea of Zelda being controlled by an evil curse. That'd make her look weak-minded. Also, there are good Moblins. Why can't there be bad Gorons? I've wanted to see a main villain for sometime that's either a Zola or a Goron, and although this won't be a main villain it's nice to see a bad character from a 'good' race.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2006, 04:22 AM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing33nk
tww is not a zelda like...
its dark man.. unlike other zelda series... its darker...
Just because a game is dark doesn't give it the right to indulge in overused character plots.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Goron
View Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
I don't like the idea of Zelda being controlled by an evil curse. That'd make her look weak-minded. Also, there are good Moblins. Why can't there be bad Gorons? I've wanted to see a main villain for sometime that's either a Zola or a Goron, and although this won't be a main villain it's nice to see a bad character from a 'good' race.
I wrote a fanfic where a mini-boss is a corrupted Zora. if your interested, here's the link to the story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2951899/1/

The chapter I'm referring to is chapter 8, The Final Piece.

Back to the thread...

I agree with vacumgod. There are too many "dark games" out there with overused character plots, you'd think that with all the people nintendo employs, somebody could come up with soimething at least mildly original.

My Stories (Please read): [Chronicles of Drakonia][Alternate Reality][Spirit of a Hero][What Would You Do?]
The Artist Formerly Known as DragonKnight19
Shiek returns in Twilight Princess! Read article here.

Tags
curse, theory, twilight