Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 59
Miyamoto confirms Revolution functions in Twilight Princess *update*

source: Hyrule.net

In an interview of Nintendo of Europe with Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the Legend of Zelda games, has confirmed there will be Revolution functionality with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
OK, time to switch to Miyamoto’s other famous creation: Zelda. What’s the latest on Twilight Princess?

“I would say that we are progressing well with completing it,” says Miyamoto. “And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.”

So finally the word is officially out! We will be able to use the Nintendo Revolution controller for special features in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Exact details remain unknown for this moment, but according to Miyamoto (almost) everything about the Revolution will be told at E3. Stay tuned!

*Update*
Nothing too big, but we have just spoken to Nintendo of Europe and they could confirm that in another interview that has been held, which will be published later on, Shigeru Miyamoto gave an example of how it would work.
"Mr. Miyamoto gave one example of how this would work, specifically that you can shoot an arrow simply by pointing the controller at the target on the screen and pressing a button."

Read the entire interview
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
View Posts: 5,061
Re: Miyamoto confirms Revolution functions in Twilight Princess *update*

You're too late.

And is it just me, or does every thread you start link to your site? You know, this info can also be found on IGN.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Gerudo Thief

I didn't see a topic yet, nor did ZU post it (as usual)
Then go post it yourself and whore IGN if you must
seriously, you are pathetic
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 03:40 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrule.net
I didn't see a topic yet, nor did ZU post it (as usual)
Then go post it yourself and whore IGN if you must
seriously, you are pathetic

Interview alert! Interview alert!

lalalala ZU did post it, but seriously, your tradition of always linking to your site instead of actively participating in THIS forums gets a little old.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Gerudo Thief

fine fine fine
(what a way to report news btw, that is one nothing-saying title and it isn't even on the main site)

but if a little news posting isn't appreciated, I'll leave you to be and figure it out yourself
could an admin please delete this account?
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,468

two things:

one, the website is being run by one person, who has a life during the day (in the united states). We can't report everything that breaks when it breaks.

two, not every piece of TP information is important, as your site tend to report. This, is a important piece, but refer to number one.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Gerudo Thief

Posting a bit of news is something one person alone can do?
Don't kid me there.
(and there are more persons who have posted on ZU)

but it's fine, I'll leave you to be
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,468

Well, Scott, Lars, and Lee are the current "webmasters". They take care of the news and content. However, Lars is currently working on real life projects and other sites and "sold" the site to Lee, who isn't around a lot. Scott is currently the only active webmaster and he's been trying to correct site problems and the forums and work a full-time job and I think go to school (if i remember correctly).

Yea, there are other people who post on the site, like l-o-s, but his updates are just B-t-R articles...
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Got a tombstone hand and a graveyard mind...
Send a message via AIM to Mrs. Giggles
View Posts: 297

Whatever Jimbo, we all know that my good friend Spidey is the only webmaster. But he's no good at phone-based tech support BECAUSE HE WAS TOO STUPID TO CUT A DAMN MOUTH HOLE IN HIS COSTUME!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:16 PM
View Posts: 1,117

I have to disagree though, if you don't have the time to work on the site enough, then don't work on it at all. the ZU main site I knew is long dead, and none should disagree with that since it's true, which is sad. I miss the good old ZU.

So even thouhg you have the valid point that they have a life, like we all do, they shouldn't be doing this, or at least get more people to work, instead of having 1 update every month.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,328

^ If you look at the updates in the past few months, it's been more like one every four or five days, often times less. It's been very rare that we haven't had an update in two weeks as of late.

Besides, what more do you want? What more can be done? Half of the info that is discovered about TP isn't even truthful, and in mere days its proven to be false, or it's just more vague interviews with Reggie. I mean, what's the point after a while?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 520

What more does he want?

He wants visitors to HIS site, not this one. I've said it before and I'll say it again: hyrule.net's "staff" is probably one guy, trying to get rich off of ad money.

At any rate, the quote about Miyamoto giving specific examples of how the rev controller would function is actually NOT true. He only stated that it would.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
View Posts: 1,117

What more do I want? doesn't matter what, an update to the site, a small rumor, something else zelda related or nintendo related. There's been plenty news I've seen on many sites, but not on ZU that involve zelda, Myamoto or nintendo.

And please stop bashing Hyrule.net There's plenty of staff there and not one guy trying to get money, just trying to bring you news which a lot of people don't seem to appreciate. I'm not claiming Hyrule.net is a better site, but he's giving you news, give some credit for that will you. I still like ZU and I'm not saying the site is worthless, but it really isn't like the old days anymore. It's slowly but noticably getting worse. the old ZU had something new each day, didn't had to be about a new game, could be anything, we had a mailbag on time as well, now we get 2, 3 in a year?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Gerudo Thief

"get rich off of ad money."

Funny to say on a website that has been completely been wasted by the most ugly ads you can think of.
ZU was once a site to be proud of, now it's just a joke.
Give me violation points or not, that's how it is.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
10 years is here!!

^ That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. How is ZU a joke when it has easily one the greatest amounts of information about the Zelda series on it? Whether you like it or not, Scott, Lars and others have worked to put in one of the best Zelda sites when it comes to guides, images, and info about the games.

I mean, seriously, listen to yourselves, you're bashing the site because it doesn't have as many updates as others do. You're saying "ZU is a joke" because it doesn't post every last piece of garbage news where Miyamoto and Reggie tell us "Expect big things for TP!" and give us no actual info about the game. Scott, Lee and Lars shouldn't waste their time to put up news that is useless to the fans.

If you like that kind of stuff; okay, good for you, but you look like idiots saying that a site is bad for not wanting to put the hundreds of news reports up, news reports that have little or next to no worth.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Gerudo Thief

Big or small news, ZU is always running behind and all I see is more adds pop up all over the place. Also with the big news items that have been posted, they were up to 5 days late. That makes ZU a joke. They just live on what they've had and that what makes this a joke.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
10 years is here!!

^ By that definition of yours then other sites like Ganon's Tower, Zelda Planet and Zelda Central are also 'jokes'.

I'm not going to the last person to say that ZU has flaws, because I have gripes about the site myself. But those complaints are extremely petty.

Anyways, about the info, I'm not really awed. I pretty much figured that when Nintendo hinted to it, it was already confirmed, but they just held out.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,611

Hyrule.net is ace at getting news fast. Even if that news is boring. I don't like some of the things they've pulled (whether it be posting a fake screenshot or constantly re-releasing footage from the E3 2K5 demo), but you have to respect their ability to generate news and hype.

ZU? I don't even check the front page anymore. Doesn't matter. It is the best forum I've ever been a part of. Perfect balance between rules and leniency.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 06:11 PM
alt er relativt
View Posts: 1,269

Running behind, why does it matter at all if info isn't posted the instant it breaks, I mean really not that big of a deal. Besides when the info is really important it is updated constantly, like during E3 last year. As for the adds, something has to keep the place running, I don't understand how you get off calling ZU a joke. Who cares if Hyrule.net posts news constantly,half the stuff posted is either useless or false info.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek 84
Hyrule.net is ace at getting news fast. Even if that news is boring. I don't like some of the things they've pulled (whether it be posting a fake screenshot or constantly re-releasing footage from the E3 2K5 demo), but you have to respect their ability to generate news and hype.

ZU? I don't even check the front page anymore. Doesn't matter. It is the best forum I've ever been a part of. Perfect balance between rules and leniency.
You beat me to the post. I check Hyrule.net almost every day for info then come here to discuss it in the forums. They both serve a purpose for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
confirms, functions, miyamoto, princess, revolution, twilight, update