Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,830
Villages outside of Hyrule?

We all know that Link starts out in TP a little village outside of Hyrule which has no problem with me. I wanted too discus about what will be outside of Hyrule. I mean the land of Hyrule is already very vast, but I belive this is the first time Link travels from outside of Hyrule, too Hyrule. I mean will the overworld of Hyrule be even more then just...Hyrule? Perhaps you can go see other lands as well? I mean shouldn't you be able too? I would love to see other outer villages in Hyrule. Mabey the overworld in TP is alot bigger then we think? Do you think that there will be other villages outside of Hyrule other then the one we see that Link is from? Would you like too see other villages outside of Hyrule? I personaly think that the most bigger the land, hte better the game would be. Of coarse there has to be a fast way of a means of transportaion. So what do you think would be outside of Hyrule, and if so, how big?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Tal Send a message via Yahoo to Tal
View Posts: 64
Re: Villages outside of Hyrule?

I've always been bothered by overworld limitations. In OOT and ALTTP the land was covered by clouds. In WW the boat said it was too dangerous out farther. Going outside Hyrule would be great, I'd even go so far as to explore a whole continent with Hyrule just being the central kingdom. An ocean is a better border than some damn clouds.

What? It's a SIGNATURE.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Random Poker player
View Posts: 153

I don't really see the reason to travel outside Hyrule. Sure, I hope the game is huge, but the main plot should revolve around saving Hyrule, and just making Hyrule vast and full of content would suffice for me.

Sig made by Drewey!

"It's hope in a hanging snore" - Nils Arne Eggen
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Gerudo Thief

Well Hyrule's all well and good, but what's going on everywhere else? Was Termina flooded in WW? Is the Twilight affecting the places in Oracles that I can't remember right now? Would Ganon have continued to try and take over the whole world?

What? It's a SIGNATURE.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Shoe
I don't really see the reason to travel outside Hyrule. Sure, I hope the game is huge, but the main plot should revolve around saving Hyrule, and just making Hyrule vast and full of content would suffice for me.
Wouldn't you like too see other villages or small lands that are connected to Hyrule? I mean that have too have some sort of trade with other lands. They can't have everything already in Hyrule. Like a village where Hyrule recieves some of it's supplies or something. The bigger, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal
Well Hyrule's all well and good, but what's going on everywhere else? Was Termina flooded in WW? Is the Twilight affecting the places in Oracles that I can't remember right now? Would Ganon have continued to try and take over the whole world?
Termina is in another dimension. It has nothing to do with Hyrule. If the Twilight is somehow connected to Ganon, then it will proboaly only be Hyrule, because Ganon only wishes to rule the land of Hyrule. If it is not connected too Ganon...it will most likely be in Hyrule only anyways. I mean has anything in any Zelda game ever effected the other lands as well? Not too my knowlege has this happend.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:50 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

Well, the mayor of taoru mentioning all the tribes of the land sending one representative to the Hyrule summit, so I would assume there to be more villages, or tribes.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Goron
View Posts: 319

well theres the hyrule summit thing where a bunch of reps from different places come together, probably all the places you can travel to is depending on how many reps there are. Im sure links village isnt the only one from outside of hyrule.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Gerudo Thief

You're not honestly telling me that all this triforce and time traveling and flooding and twilight stuff is only affecting a land that isn't even a whole continent?

What? It's a SIGNATURE.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
View Posts: 1,117

As said above, there are supposed to be other representatives from other towns outside hyrule, I personally think it should normal that we get to visit those places. The twilight realm isn't only goign to affect hyrule, eventually it would spread out to the nearby lands, so they could have a place in the story.

So yeah, hopefully we get to visit some other towns, be it only 2 other ones besides Taoru village, it would still make it seem a lot more realistic that way.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Random Poker player

Remember, this is a game. It isn't necessary to ponder if Hyrule has enough natural rescourses and the like. Sure, some realism is to expect, but I don't think the game will go to such lengths. It would be cool to visit places outside Hyrule, I'm just a little concerned that the game will be too huge. It isn't size that makes the Zelda series so good, it's gameplay and I think that should be the main focus of the makers. Hyrule is allready said to be enormous, so I doubt there will be many independent lands outside Hyrule.

Sig made by Drewey!

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 07:22 PM
View Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Shoe
I agree. 100%!!!! Although I'm quite sure that there are places outside of Hyrule - the village Link starts in (I can never remember the spelling) is outside of Hyrule.

I want more villages in this game. A LOT More. Like, maybe, a million! HA, not really. Well, it would be cool, but my gamecube might asplode. And, since it's Hyrule, I hope they still have Kakariko Village, and Kokiri Forest, and Zora's Domain, and Death Mountin, and Hyrule Town, and Lake Hylia, and all those awesome places that made me say, "WOW, THIS IS A GREAT GAME!" whilst playing Ocarina of Time.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Religion does more harm, than heal...
View Posts: 260

Perhaps you are not just saving Hyrule, evil may be conquering other lands near Hyrule that must be saved. Maybe they will have magic stones like they did in OoT and one of them is in another country (Hyrule is a country...right?) But I wouldn't want all of the same towns in OoT, I want an entirley new landscape, that has many small creeks and ocassionally you reach a vast river/lake. And maybe small towns, with like 5-10 houses.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal
I've always been bothered by overworld limitations. In OOT and ALTTP the land was covered by clouds. In WW the boat said it was too dangerous out farther. Going outside Hyrule would be great, I'd even go so far as to explore a whole continent with Hyrule just being the central kingdom. An ocean is a better border than some damn clouds.
I couldn't agree more! clouds make lousy boundries! Mountains are OK, but oceans are much better. Anyway by the looks of the TP trailers, I think the boundries of the over world will be invisable. What I mean by invisable is that the graphical layout will make the overworld look like it goes on forever, but it won't be quite wall to wall boundries like in OoT and ALttP. A good comparison to this analogy is the Moon Field in MM. The field looked as if it could go on and on forever away from the tree but there was an invisable boundry that kept you from advancing to the mountain ranges in the distance. Much like in WW, the seas looked like they could go on and on forever but an invisable boundry turned you around at a certain point. The limitations of the overworld is nothing to worry about. There will be PLENTY of exploring space even if it is not wall to wall in some areas.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Religion does more harm, than heal...
View Posts: 260

Personally I just HATE those invisible boundries! I just can't stand them! if there are more of those invisible boundaries in TP, god, they had like 4 extra months to add crap and whatnot, replace the invisible boundries with an Ocean or somthing. Ocean is the best boundry. I can't believe you like the invisible boundry stuff. it makes me mad when I'm exploring. (plus it's unrealistic and is saying "hey we are to lazy to put anything real over there.")
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Kokiri boy
Personally I just HATE those invisible boundries! I just can't stand them! if there are more of those invisible boundaries in TP, god, they had like 4 extra months to add crap and whatnot, replace the invisible boundries with an Ocean or somthing. Ocean is the best boundry. I can't believe you like the invisible boundry stuff. it makes me mad when I'm exploring. (plus it's unrealistic and is saying "hey we are to lazy to put anything real over there.")
Ha, ha, ha! You make me laugh! What great optimism you have there buddy... I DON'T really want those invisable boundries to be honest. Oceans are the best boundries, if not mountains like I stated earlier. I like the wall to wall or ocean to ocean boudries most of the time because it gives me a perimater to explore and find things that look interesting in the inner distance.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Goron
View Posts: 172

oceans are good boundaries but remember link can swim, canoo etc. there would still have to be invisible boundaries even if there was an ocean boundary.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 97

they wont put an invisable barrier in, it will be better than that (i hope)
mabysome places will have mountains others will have a forest, wall like the great wall of china ect, but im not sure about the oceans it would be hard to put anything but an invisable barrier there.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Thorny Devil
View Posts: 1,377

There are plenty of ways to have boundaries, and I get the feeling that one of these ways will incorporate that huge chasm in the trailer. I love canyon type barriers best, gives you a bit of a nice view. Or maybe just a cliff edge so you can see the land stretch out to the distant horizon before you.

The invisible barrier was kind of excusable in Majoras mask, being that the moon was an unreal kind of place, but to have that outside of that sort of scenario is just silly...

Command your people; climb the mountains
Their peaks shall become the shore
The darkness will be defeated
But Hyrule will be no more

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Random Poker player

I think the Gerudo mask was just for fun. I think you got rupees or something if you wear it in the forest stage, but that's all there is.

Sig made by Drewey!

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 652

I know that Hyrule overland will be huge, but it's a good point to bring up how that connects with outside villages. I'd venture to say that we will see a number of other towns across the land outside of Hyrule: after all, the Gorons, Zoras, and Deku Shrubs all don't live in Hyrule, they're allies with the Hylains. In that sense, in OoT and MM you got to "leave Hyrule" but the area was so small that it didn't feel like it. Hopefully that will change in TP.

As for invisible boundaries, I agree that they suck. And the whole "running forever in one direction" thing is really cool, a la Super Mario 64 on the never-ending staircase. But I'd guess that the boundaries in TP will be cliffs/bodies of water/thickly forested areas.

My Art Studios: www.klewstudios.com

Tags
hyrule, villages