Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Crossing off the List
View Posts: 1,039
Twilight Princess - Features YOU don't want.

So, I did a little search for this, but no luck.

Judging on our three main 3D Zelda games of the past (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker), what feature's that were included in these games would you prefer Nintendo didn't include or adapt into Twilight Princess?

Personally, I would like to see minimal racing mini-games. (Wonder why, eh folks? ). I just don't find this fun, although I imagine it will most likely make a comeback.

Please, no characters that treat you like an idiot. No patronising characters, no characters that point out the absolutely freakin' obvious every ten minutes. Supposedly, we get to control Link as an adult, so can we please, please, please have no-one treating you like a kid this time, it's slightly bearable on the first play, but when you get a grip of the game, and come back for replays, it wears thin extremely quick.

More methodically clever bosses - by this I mean, they should have set attack patterns for the most part, but also you should be able to avoid these attacks, great for when you've mastered the game, and like going back to rip them apart. Also on this note, I hope that the bosses are not simply clones of OoT and MM bosses.

If there's going to be enemies that can grab you and send you back to the beginning of a dungeon, make them avoidable/killable within reason. (I.E. WW's Floormasters for me were neither).

Relating to Windwakers' final dungeon, don't use the previous boss battles as filler material. If we want to fight them again, how about the Majora's Mask system, or perhaps a mini-game located in Hyrule that allows you to battle them again? Anyhow, it's just needless fighting them again to progress on the last level.

In OoT, replaying the game could be a little stale at the beginning, due to the Goddess cut scenes. Perhaps having an optional button for skipping any scenes like this that may appear in TP?

That's all I can think of right now, look forward to reading your's.

~ Adhamh.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 AM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
View Posts: 6,067
Re: Twilight Princess - Features YOU don't want.

NO TINGLE!!!
Now that I have that out of my system...

No major time restraints, like what we saw in Majora's Mask. Although I doubt that we'll be having that again. We'd probably know by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhamh
Please, no characters that treat you like an idiot.
I agree, and it's looking like we'll be seeing less of that this time around. For instance- we see Link teaching kids how to use a sword. It reminds me of FF7, where the game taught you how to do things by having Cloud teach them to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhamh
In OoT, replaying the game could be a little stale at the beginning, due to the Goddess cut scenes. Perhaps having an optional button for skipping any scenes like this that may appear in TP?
If "legend cutscenes" like these return, perhaps we could also have some more interesting, detailed ones, instead of sitting there listening to the Deku Tree say, "Lo, ye golden chicks came forth and FOOM!!! Din crafted thou earth and SCHWEEN!!! Nayru created yon life and Farore produced law and order with ye olde SCHOOM!!!"
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Crossing off the List
View Posts: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus
NO TINGLE!!!
Now that I have that out of my system...
Ah, well played. I forgot about that one. I concur.
Quote:
If "legend cutscenes" like these return, perhaps we could also have some more interesting, detailed ones, instead of sitting there listening to the Deku Tree say, "Lo, ye golden chicks came forth and FOOM!!! Din crafted thou earth and SCHWEEN!!! Nayru created yon life and Farore produced law and order with ye olde SCHOOM!!!"
Thing is, the OoT scenes were impressive the first few times, but began to grow more tiresome the more you saw them. I guess it's more of a comparative thing.

~ Adhamh.

EDIT:
Quote:
For instance- we see Link teaching kids how to use a sword. It reminds me of FF7, where the game taught you how to do things by having Cloud teach them to others.
What the deuce? Spoiler! Blast!

~ Adhamh.
Last Edited by Adhamh; 02-01-2006 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 90

I agree, a optional skip would be great through cinematics. More terrain to explore and more towns would be nice as well. All three past games did not have very many towns to go explore in. It would be also cool if you can kill civilians when you get frustrated. Just for fun.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to The Teej
View Posts: 372

The ability to skip text that tells you how to do things, like Navi forcing you to tell you how to open doors.

:: MySpace :: Photobucket :: Digg :: Youtube :: SD6 Novus ::
:: You're always in good company when you're with The Teej ::
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

No Tingle?
How dare thee!
I would love to see Twilight Tingle - in all his thirty-five year old tight lycra-ness! .

I do not want to see any hint of the Fable Ageing system.
When I first heard that 'Link will mature during the course of the game,' I was worried that they were maybe thinking of ageing him - of course, there have been no signs of that (Thank you Jesus).

No more triforce hunt!
Why would Link waste valuable days palying Hidden treasure when the fate of the world is at stake.
Also - Ganondorf isn't stupid - he is fully able to sense the presence of a Triforce, logically he would be searching for it, not leaving Link to it by himself - and that's another thing - hopefully Ganondorf will be presented as more more humble, and more intelligent, rather than a man so full of himself, he ends up dying by loosing a tennis match with a ball of triforce energy.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
8th level Veganmancer
Send a message via AIM to Arwing
View Posts: 629

erm... well not something like a bloody big ocean on the wind waker. tht took up alot of game space, leaving little room for much else. i.e. dungeons. i know that hyrule will have a much bigger field, but hopefully not too big.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Andy
erm... well not something like a bloody big ocean on the wind waker. tht took up alot of game space, leaving little room for much else. i.e. dungeons. i know that hyrule will have a much bigger field, but hopefully not too big.
Ooh!
That's an excellent point!

I remember hearing that a few weapons and one or two dungeons were left out because they had to compensate for the sea in Wind Waker.
I hope this time around, we actually get our 'Game Size' worth's of actual game - with lots of the map regions differeing and varying, yet with lots of little side quests to do - I know the Hyrule Field will probably function similarly to the sea, but hopefully, it won't be as boring to travel through, and be less vast and pointless.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
How does this work again? *boom*
View Posts: 166

Yes indeed, Lets all hope that Hyrule field won't be a big open bore-fest that acts as a better sedative than three valium.

This sig made by Chibi Vi.
I was away for a long time but now I'm back.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,441

Hm, well I don't want ANY cliche characters, like sheik, or any cliche dialogue, like zelda's in OoT.

--If there is to be sailing, it better not be like tWW's lackluster seafaring system.
--We can't have any fuzzy possible romances, I would kill myself if I saw a thread as follows "Link loves: Ilia, Zelda, Mida, Who do you think link loves?"
Link will love or he won't, these fuzzy romances are just plain stupid, and immature.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Goron
View Posts: 136

No Tingle

No Glitches

No..you can only dive for 3 seconds b.s.

No fairytale romances

No NPC's that treat you like Corky from "Life Goes On".

No fake horse galloping noises...OOT's horse gallop sounded like a rock inside of an empty Campbells soup jar.

And finally..No 3 diiferent versions of Ganon. Cmon..when were fighting something called "Puppet Ganon" it definitly takes way from the whole "Epic" feel of the game. 2 Ganons are fine. 1) Ganondorf Dragmire, 2) Twilight Ganon.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
The incidental artist!
Send a message via AIM to Iroas Send a message via Skype™ to Iroas
View Posts: 3,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacumgod
Hm, well I don't want ANY cliche characters, like sheik, or any cliche dialogue, like zelda's in OoT.
yeah sheik's cliche, but so are link and ganon.. I wouldn't mind if a character like him/her was in the game.

Quote:
--If there is to be sailing, it better not be like tWW's lackluster seafaring system.
Amen.

Quote:
--We can't have any fuzzy possible romances, I would kill myself if I saw a thread as follows "Link loves: Ilia, Zelda, Mida, Who do you think link loves?"
Link will love or he won't, these fuzzy romances are just plain stupid, and immature.
I'm afraid many (and I meen MANY) female fans will dissagree with you on this one
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 459

Glitches are fun though... Things like seam walking, or making yourself warp whilst on Epona...

And there haven't really ever been any fuzzy romances. Except maybe in Oracles.

I don't want to see something like the pictograph figurine thing. I cannot be bothered to take a photo of every character, in groups of three, sail somewhere and wait, then go and get another three... Minish Cap's figurine collecting was okay. I managed to get all of them without spending a long boring time...
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 PM
The Don
View Posts: 305

I don't want end-of-dungeon bosses (except Ganon), unless they come up with an ingenious new attack pattern. After the challenge of a great dungeon, you usually get a really easy boss which you can deal with in no time.
Last Edited by .:mak:.; 02-02-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal
No Tingle?
How dare thee!
I would love to see Twilight Tingle - in all his thirty-five year old tight lycra-ness! .
NO fatass Tingle!!! ARGH!!! I hate Tingle! He doesn't belong in such a serious atmosphere as TP!

How dare thee put something asinine back into thy LoZ series!

Anyway I don't wan't to see any reused characters. I would like a whole new generation and sceme of new life in the Zelda saga. (Tingle must die out - hes getting his own fricken Tingle RPG game starting him, so what the hell more credit does this jerk need anyway!) It would be nice to have some characters show up from the OoT age but not too many, just a few.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Am I the only one who thinks "B.A." sounds funny?
View Posts: 1,078

Ok, tingle. I'm not saying I like the guy, but he "fit in" better in the comical graphics of TWW, but in a realistic looking game like this, it wouldn't work. There, I didn't say " I H473 T4H7 F47 TIN6L3!!111"

I would also not like to fight a repetitive boss that you just run in circles and doge his blows. That was one thing I loved in Metriod Prime 2, when I fought a boss, I was expecting to just run around and he'll hit where I was, but he attacked infront of me! I got killed! I think that bosses like that would make the game better.

And finally, a HUGE side quest type thing this time would be great. The whole collecting all the masks in MM was very fun and the couples mask took forever. One of those in TP would rock.

And that's it.

~Ganon not gannon
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroas
yeah sheik's cliche, but so are link and ganon.. I wouldn't mind if a character like him/her was in the game.

Amen.

I'm afraid many (and I meen MANY) female fans will dissagree with you on this one
im a female, and I dont want to see link and feks. ilia having a affear. (sorry about my bad english)

if i wanted to see a love story i'd just rent a movie or play FF.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
ya rly
Send a message via AIM to SilentJoe
View Posts: 258

I don't want...

1) As others have said... Tingle. I don't mind the character so much but... He's just a freak. And (in tWW) he has SLAVES. CLONE SLAVES. IN SKIN-TIGHT... Uh, TIGHTS. ONE OF WHICH IS PINK. Now maybe you'll understand why I despise Tingle as seen in tWW.

2) No voice acting.

3) Any dungeon with the title or theme of "Forest Temple," "Fire Temple," "Water Temple," etc. Don't give me elemental dungeons. I don't like elemental dungeons.

4) Main stories that combine with other games UNLESS they're a direct sequel. Give me a completely new story, not a "continuation" of an old one.

5) Easy gameplay OR really difficult gameplay. Don't make it as easy as tWW, but don't make it really hard, either. I play Zelda (ussually) to relax and have fun, not to scream at my TV because I died for the 57th time on the first boss. If Nintendo could come up with a good rubber-band AI system, where if you never die it gets harder, and if you start dying a lot it gets easier, then I think it would work well for people who want a hard game and for people who want an easier game. Or just difficulty levels. Either one.

6) A better ranged combat system. The bow is just too annoying to use unless you're shooting at a stationary target.

And that's all I can think of right now.

SJ
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
EVERYTHING
View Posts: 1,907

1)No f***ing TINGLE!!!!!!!!I SWEAR HE RIPPED US OFF!JFKGHBSHJLS!!Sorry,needed to get rid of that rage in me.

2)No tetra and king of hyrule helping you when you least need it,I.E."Link,you do not have the power to lft let alone destroy this stone.Maybe this power lies at sea waiting to be discovered."Damn,I already know that you @$$!I've tried lifting it,don't rub it in!

3)Mirror shield.Reflecting beams isn't fun.Especially MM's stonetower thing where you charge mirrors for two minutes,and if you move the control stick you take the reflection off and start charging all over again.

4)No c-stick Iron boots or fairy swords.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Goron
View Posts: 341

Absolutely no sitting or waiting. Whether it be the vacuum of the Great Sea or waiting for a store to open (*COUGH*majorasmask*/COUGH*). I want to do something. In OoT, they might not have had much in Hyrule Field, but at least they had the Stalchildren to entertain you.

A repetitive collection side-quest. I like collection side-quests, but when all I see after everything I collect is "You got a token proving you destroyed it!", it becomes boring and pointless. Give me something like the masks of MM or the Picto-figurines of TWW and I'll be fine. Just give the Picto Box more storage.

Tags
features, princess, twilight