Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Super Metroid Hacker
View Posts: 203
Wouldn't it be cool if OoT and MM could be remade?

Now I did search for a topic like this and didn't find any topics like this so I made it.

If you've played RE1 for playstation then played the gamecube remake you'll see why it'd be cool. IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF NINTENDO REMADE OOT AND MM on gamecube(or revolution)!!
Current OoT Temple Run order in progress: Water Temple, Forest Temple, Desert Temple, Shadow Temple, and Fire Temple. I love beating OoT in different orders with only 3 hearts. Finding the hardest and most different ways to beat OoT is what I do. Current Items in Run: No Shield, Biggoron Sword, and 3 heart containers. Gameovers: 000
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Posting is a craft i take very seriously
Send a message via AIM to Kuden
View Posts: 3,547
Re: Wouldn't it be cool if OoT and MM could be remade?

Hmmm. Is re resident evil?

i would be ok, it just would be with better and smootehr graphics if they were remade on the rev. If anything they will be remade on the ds.

Your fire makes it all worthwhile.
[Tumblr/Last.fm/Formspring/Twitter]
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Goron
View Posts: 136

I have to answer that question with a No. The more i sit and think about it...Would it be better if they re-recorded Stairway to Heaven or Purple Haze or Eleanor Ripley? I know im comparing Video Games to Musical Scores....but they both share alot of the same qualities....1) Their timless classics 2) Their works of Artistic beauty...and 3) Their best listened to in their current form. I dont want the CD mastered version of The Beatles....I want the Vinyl Record where i can hear all the scratches and etc....because all those scratches bring back memories...and i dont want to replace those memories. OOT should not be remade and the graphics shouldnt be touched...because then it will be nothing more than TP...and thats a different game all in itself.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Thorny Devil
View Posts: 1,377

Yes, if developing it didn't take time away from making new Zelda games. Which it obviously would. So no. I'd much prefer them to focus on new titles. Not old ones.

Besides it puts me in mind of George lucas, re releasing episodes 4, 5 and 6 with improved special effects. It just gets a bit ridiculous, what are we going to do, update stuff every time theres another advance in technology?!

Command your people; climb the mountains
Their peaks shall become the shore
The darkness will be defeated
But Hyrule will be no more

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 AM
The Duke of Prunes
View Posts: 159

"Would it be better if they re-recorded Stairway to Heaven or Purple Haze or Eleanor Ripley?" Great comparrison Ecrofirt. Nah, they should leave them as they are. They slightly altered OOT for the Master Quest and now they should leave it be.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Goron
View Posts: 136

Thank you Evilive...

I think that comparison holds true to me...because they have much much better recording quality now..and much better instruments...and much better studios, but i dont see all the producers out there to re-record the classics. Now dont get me wrong, some classics have been re-recorded, but not alot of people buy the "re-recorded verions of the classics....they buy the original ones. Think about it...if they re-did OOT and added 4 more dungeons, and a little more land mass....it would be pretty dang close to TP. Maybe in 3 more nintendo systems ill say.,.okay, remake OOT because then it will be sooo much more drastically different from when it came out that it will actually look and play different. Like when you can see the sweat beads rolling down links face...and when Link actually ages while playing the game and grows a realtime beard along his journey. When your riding Epona and run into a rock, Eponas leg becomes injured and you must wrap it....Then I want OOT to be remade...when the technology is 100 times better...not 3 times better.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Posting is a craft i take very seriously
Send a message via AIM to Kuden
View Posts: 3,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcRoFiRT
Thank you Evilive...

I think that comparison holds true to me...because they have much much better recording quality now..and much better instruments...and much better studios, but i dont see all the producers out there to re-record the classics. Now dont get me wrong, some classics have been re-recorded, but not alot of people buy the "re-recorded verions of the classics....they buy the original ones. Think about it...if they re-did OOT and added 4 more dungeons, and a little more land mass....it would be pretty dang close to TP. Maybe in 3 more nintendo systems ill say.,.okay, remake OOT because then it will be sooo much more drastically different from when it came out that it will actually look and play different. Like when you can see the sweat beads rolling down links face...and when Link actually ages while playing the game and grows a realtime beard along his journey. When your riding Epona and run into a rock, Eponas leg becomes injured and you must wrap it....Then I want OOT to be remade...when the technology is 100 times better...not 3 times better.
I was with you until you mentioned link growing a beard.

Your fire makes it all worthwhile.
[Tumblr/Last.fm/Formspring/Twitter]
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Super Metroid Hacker
View Posts: 203

Look Ecroflirt, I didn't mean like remake OOT as in adding new stuff. I pretty much meant graphic wise. I think it would be awesome and it would also sell a lot too. If they were to remake it's graphics I'd want it to be on the gamecube cause then it wouldn't take as much time than making it have revolution graphics.
Current OoT Temple Run order in progress: Water Temple, Forest Temple, Desert Temple, Shadow Temple, and Fire Temple. I love beating OoT in different orders with only 3 hearts. Finding the hardest and most different ways to beat OoT is what I do. Current Items in Run: No Shield, Biggoron Sword, and 3 heart containers. Gameovers: 000
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to The Teej
View Posts: 372

You'll be getting an updated Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with extra polys and possible higher res textures on the Revolution's Virtual Console. By higher res textures, I mean like OoT and MQ higher res, not Emutalk.net's version of Hi-Res

EDIT: Although the thought of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in beautiful next-gen graphics would be rather nice...I mean, look what it did for FF7!

:: MySpace :: Photobucket :: Digg :: Youtube :: SD6 Novus ::
:: You're always in good company when you're with The Teej ::
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Elihwa sekat gnidaol... tiaw
View Posts: 415

Gosh, I'd rather see new games made than older ones remade.

And how 'come nobody ever suggests they remake aLttP? Why is it always OOT or MM? There's other Zelda games out there that need some love too!

| LJ | Fanfics | dA |
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
... Nobody reads this, anyway.
View Posts: 1,058

One word, Snowsilver: n00bishness. OoT and MM were great games, but they're past their prime. We need new games. What we really need is for people to shut up. You can play OoT and MM on the Revo in N64 style, which is what you want in the end. Changing it to TP graphics won't work. It's like... putting your favorite cartoon in live-action.

Sig made by iUnknown.
Zeliro X | Wolver the Treacherous | Blackshot the Archer | Loraine Fett | Z-2.0 & Ubechok
First I was YouAreAwesome. Next I was Milk Duds. Then I was Racer Z4.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Goron
View Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcRoFiRT
I have to answer that question with a No. The more i sit and think about it...Would it be better if they re-recorded Stairway to Heaven or Purple Haze or Eleanor Ripley? I know im comparing Video Games to Musical Scores....but they both share alot of the same qualities....1) Their timless classics 2) Their works of Artistic beauty...and 3) Their best listened to in their current form. I dont want the CD mastered version of The Beatles....I want the Vinyl Record where i can hear all the scratches and etc....because all those scratches bring back memories...and i dont want to replace those memories. OOT should not be remade and the graphics shouldnt be touched...because then it will be nothing more than TP...and thats a different game all in itself.
I agreed when I read that. But the more I think of it, I doubt the Miyamoto even reached his full realization of what he may have wanted those games to be, simply due to the limitations of the 64.

Now what I would like to see is and OoT or MM creation that represents Miyamoto and Aonuma's seemless imagination of what they want it to be. But if all they wanted it to be was the 64 incarnation, then so be it, and I wouldn't want it any other way either.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to The Teej
View Posts: 372

Or a release of Ocarina of Time: Beta, or Ura Zelda. NEW MATERIAL.

Anyways, whenever I say 'I'd like [Zelda game] to be remade, I'm talking in a fantasy world where it can be whipped up in an instant and not cost a dime. In the real world, I'll always prefer a new Zelda.

:: MySpace :: Photobucket :: Digg :: Youtube :: SD6 Novus ::
:: You're always in good company when you're with The Teej ::
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
"Satan sees you as a Big Mac"
Send a message via Skype™ to Pietro
Steam ID: Pietro672
View Posts: 8,980

I have an idea why doesn't Nintendo make a new Zelda game instead of milking the old ones for all they're worth.OOT has already been released 3 times and MM 2 times we don't need 20 copys of the same game.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Knight of Skyloft
View Posts: 870

No. No more remakes. I want brand new Zelda games. I think remakes are just lame ways to make money and piss off fans.

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,504

They have already made two remakes of OOT and once of MM. One was the Master Quest disk that came with the original Ocarina of Time and one was Master quest(just much harder. The second was Zelda: Collectors edition which had, OOT,MM,LOZ, and Adventure of Link. I think thats enough. I would rather perfer a new Zelda instad of a remake of OOT three times. But dont get me wrong, I loved Master quest, one of the hardest Zeldas ever. It's just that whats it really worth re-making the game so many times. You can only re-make a game so many times.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 215

we're getting tingle's rpg whooehooee. Nintendo is making tooo many 75% zelda's. Windwaker, four swords adventures, it's just not the real thing. Only the minish cap has kept me satisfied the last couple years. And about the remakes. I would say, no. Takes too many time. I would like it if they made A link to the past 3d. Doesn't matter if it has n64 graphics, but it would be great.

1 A link to the past
2 Links Awakening
3 The Wind Waker
4 Ocarina of time
5 A Link Between Worlds

I so hope nintendo will release the BS zelda (satellaview) game one day, since these are the only ones I don't own..

R.I.P.
Kcobain
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber No.5
I agreed when I read that. But the more I think of it, I doubt the Miyamoto even reached his full realization of what he may have wanted those games to be, simply due to the limitations of the 64.

Now what I would like to see is and OoT or MM creation that represents Miyamoto and Aonuma's seemless imagination of what they want it to be. But if all they wanted it to be was the 64 incarnation, then so be it, and I wouldn't want it any other way either.
Yeah, I agree. Although, I think that Twilight Princess seems to following that template that was used in Ocarina of Time. Certainly, it's not an graphically updated, carbon copy but it definitely seems to carry that-- well, I'm personally not sure how to put it words but that definitive Zelda game feeling. I don't personally care for remakes anyways, so long as the good vision is carried on sufficently in following games(Nintendo seems to try a modified theme for Zelda games though such as mask transformation, time cycles, turning Minish to do stuff, but the main idea is retained), when hindered by well, the technical limitations as mentioned.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 383

You know what would be even better? OoT and MM on the same cartridge of a DS game.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
ZU eats *****
View Posts: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link.Epona
You know what would be even better? OoT and MM on the same cartridge of a DS game.
Not only would it be cool, but I think it will happen soon. As for remakes on consoles, leave the origonal alone. The graphics didnt bother me, and I think Master quest was just a feeble attempt tho keep the Oot legend alive. The only way I would want it is if it came free with a pre-order or something.

Tags
cool, oot, remade