Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Bringer of B4con
Send a message via ICQ to The Messenjah Send a message via AIM to The Messenjah
View Posts: 46
Re: Does anyone here think Twilight Princess will get a T Rating?

At most it'll get a T rating(the chance is very slim actually), but if not then definetly an E10+. The "Hot Coffee" incident won't effect TP's possible rating at all.

#42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

What will actually influence the rating is the graphics. The more realistic the graphics, the more critically rated a game is. Since this game has such realistic graphics and some darkness to it (people being kidnapped, possibly people dying) then the game is likely to get a 'T'. I hope it does, so all those X-Box and PS2 fanboys will see that Nintendo is getting serious.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Goron
View Posts: 207

yup for the past 5 year or so N has been left behind due to the kiddy iames and The other getting all the action and stuff..but N is making a comeback...
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielder of the Sword
Think about it--name one specific (Note: I said specific) thing that would make TP "T-worthy".
Honestly, I don't think there is. Or will be. Sure, the graphics are a lot more beefed up and possibly "more horrific" for little kids, but the style is so characterized that even a young child could tell that it was fantasy and not reality. One example is the "new Gohma". Although it does look something out of a Horror movie, you can tell that it is more of an animation than based on a real spider. (Hell, if Harry Potter can pull a PG with giant spiders, why can't Zelda?). Twilight Princess is just recycling ideas that have been used in the past. They were an E back then, and I'm sure they'll stay an E.

One matter is that this game looks remarkably close to Ocarina of Time, which was "barely an E". Back then, yes. But not today. Someone said that ESRB has gotten stricter, and I don't think that's true. ESRB has adjusted to the more violent times at hand, and therefore the Gamecube Version of OoT was marked with "Violence" and nothing else. Majora's Mask, which was a darker game through situations, also was just marked "Violence". Therefore, I don't think TP will get any different, even with better graphics.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Whee! I just saw Link walk by my window!
View Posts: 516

It could be that Nintendo will release TP in Japan with an E+ (or E10+) but TP with be released in America (and probably other countries as well) with a T+. Just a theory.

Official Friend code for Mario Kart DS!
Nickname: ちょうちょう ひかり
081671 600024

I'm on pretty much every day, around 7:30am - 9:30am for AC and 8:30pm - 9:30pm for MK.
PM me if you're thinking of visting my town/wanting to race!

Games I want: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Battle Revolution, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Living so free is a tragedy when you can't be what you want to be
View Posts: 11,087

TP looks like the kind of darkish game that looks like Call of Duty kind of dark.Although there has to be more reasons.it's kinda stupid that SSBM's rating is T for teen.What makes it that bad?My brother isn't allowed playing t for teen games and mom baned him from my gamecube.I always used to play multplayer with him.I hope the people who rate this stuff dont make the same stupid mistake on TP as they did for SSMB.ZU RULEZ!!!
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Wow, pretty strict mom. My parents don't seem to care what I play, as I don't play anything outside of Nintendo. But, you see, the way a game is rated based on violence is they look at how much of the game involves fighting and violence and then seeing how violent it actually gets. The more realistic the graphics, the more critically the game is evaluated. I want this game to be rated 'T', personally. It might show Sony and Microsoft that Nintendo means business.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 636

peronally i hope that the game will get a rating of T. few good gamecube games that i like are rated E, pikmin 2 is an exception because it has better graphics then TP and possibly the best gameplay of them all and it does this with the least amount of insinuation and vilonce

Inuyasha to Kagome: "take it [clothing] off"

Favourite anime:
Naruto, Bleach, InuYasha, FMA, Love Hina, Eureka 7, Ai yori Aoshi +/- ~enishi~
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Master Chief
Send a message via AIM to TheSame_Strider
View Posts: 304

I knew a kid who wasn't allowed to play Teen videogames until he was 13, and he had to do his homework the second he walked into the door.

Anyway, I think it will be rated T, I hope it does anyway. Zelda could make more of a name for itself if it was rated T. But what classifies a game as "T"? If its blood, then OoT should have been T? (Gannondorf caughing up red blood, and little bubbles of red or purple when you slashed something.) Then again, it wasn't that realistic was it? Well, compared to today. Man, im just contradicting myself...
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Air Ride
It could be that Nintendo will release TP in Japan with an E+ (or E10+) but TP with be released in America (and probably other countries as well) with a T+. Just a theory.
On the contrary--if anything, the rating in America will be much softer. After all, Americans are uncannily violent by nature (I should know, I live here), whereas the Japanese are very respectable, calm individuals who think more logically in general than most people in this God-forsaken country. Wanna know why? Then go ask a British dude in London, he'll tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of ALttP
Wow, pretty strict mom. My parents don't seem to care what I play, as I don't play anything outside of Nintendo. But, you see, the way a game is rated based on violence is they look at how much of the game involves fighting and violence and then seeing how violent it actually gets. The more realistic the graphics, the more critically the game is evaluated. I want this game to be rated 'T', personally. It might show Sony and Microsoft that Nintendo means business.
Agreed, that's a fairly foolish way to judge a game. After all, the back of the box says that you should play the game for yourself and determine whether or not it's suitable for your children, and not to judge it by a simple letter.

*Ahem* To the point! It's not the other companies that Nintendo needs to prove themselves to. Sony and Microstupid won't be working for the Big N anytime soon, so that's not something they need to worry about at all. What they need to do is show the gamers who worship the other companies that a game cannot be judged by graphics alone. After all, I still find myself going back to play OoT, even though there are games out there with much better graphics nowadays. It would be hypocritical of me to complain about WW not having perfect, realistic graphics.

On a completely unrelated note, I glanced at my postcount on Wednesday, and it said 666.
Last Edited by Vroomfondel; 10-21-2005 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
look, for srsly...
Send a message via AIM to Terrin
View Posts: 2,155

I think it has a good chance, it looks a lot darker than any other Zelda game we have seen out so far. But still, they may not want to break the thread of "E" ratings they have going, unless they absolutely have to. That being the case, then yes, it will be "T" at the most. But it's not going to stop half the world from buying on opening day.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 652

I say it'll be T. DrkFierceDeity is right about stricter ESRB ratings, and Nintendo and ESRB raters will probably want to make this game obviously different from WW in content and feel, which goes along with a T rating. There's no reason to stress "mature" as much as they have and then sell out to an E rating.
E+10 at least.

My Art Studios: www.klewstudios.com
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 PM
what is "grape" in pig latin?
View Posts: 795

TP WILL be rated at least E10+. Any game with violence is supposed to be rated E10+. Thats what I heard at least.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabu-Jabun
TP WILL be rated at least E10+. Any game with violence is supposed to be rated E10+. Thats what I heard at least.
That means that we may never see another E-rated game again. o_O; I don't think that any type of violence will constitute an E10+ rating. After all, that classification seems to encompass nearly the entire gaming industry.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Religion does more harm, than heal...
View Posts: 260

Tp will most likley get a T-rating, the fighting sequences in this game are more...intense. In this game If you strike an enemy to the ground but it's not dead you can jump into the air and stab the enemy. Just 1 of many examples. Plus Nintendo says that it's the darkest Zelda game yet.
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 31

I think it will be awarded a teen rating mostly because of the blood and gore and the fact it will be the darkest zelda game to date.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:44 AM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
View Posts: 2,505

it bette get a T rating or even an M otherwise they would be comprimising the game cosmetically.

Play with fire and get burned:
|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Blacktastic!
View Posts: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelink
even an M
You are...joking...right? It'll be Doomsday before we see an M rated Zelda.

Miho (MegaTokyo)

Thanks for the awesome sig, V99. Here's an Internet cookie! ( ^_^)>@
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2005, 11:58 AM
England Noob
View Posts: 1,426

True, the ESRB rating IS stricter, but I strongly doubt it will be a "T" rating. Just because something is dark and seemingly "twisted" doesn't necessarily deem it innapropriate. There is plenty of dark imagery in the media and movies that are appropriate for children. And as far as I have seen, there isn't much/any gore in TP (except for Link getting hit on the head, but I don't think something like that would comdemn Zelda to older audiences. The guy got knocked out, big deal. You see that in DISNEY movies!)

So, really, I personally think that the rating will go no higher than 10+, IF that.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Kokiri boy
I think it will get a T-rating, there is alot more fighting in this game than any other Zelda game.
And you know this how? -_____-; LKB, I find that it's much more effective to support your thoughts with fact. If you know that TP will have more fighting than any other Zelda game, then by all means, provide your source. But unless you have a reliable source, I'll point out that the only thing you did in LoZ was fight 8-bit baddies screen after screen, dungeon after dungeon. But in LoZ, you actually had to collect items. AoL was an RPG, a genre which revolves almost completely around smashing enemies into submission with swords and sorcery.

I believe I've proven my point.

Tags
princess, rating, twilight