Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you think TP will be Rev. controller compatible?
Yes. 13 11.50%
Hopefully. 25 22.12%
It's a shot in the dark... 40 35.40%
Of course not. 35 30.97%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793
Possible reason for the TP delay...?

I'm not saying this is the only reason; I fully believe the team when they said that they wanted to add more "depth and levels" to the game. However, I got to thinking recently... After seeing the Revolution controller last month, I was more than impressed. Thrilled seems to be a fairly accurate term for it. Yes, I was thrilled about the Revolution controller. Well, a lot of people have been asking whether TP will be released for the Revolution. Now, Nintendo has repeatedly stated that it will not, and I think it's safe to say that their decision will not change. However, might it be possible that the team, in addition to adding "depth and levels", is responding to Big N fans' questions about a "Revved-up" TP? Perhaps--and this is a long shot, so stay with me--perhaps Nintendo has pushed back TP so that they can make it Revolution compatible, so to speak. In other words, they could be adjusting the gameplay slightly so that it can eventually be played with the Revolution controller, thanks to backwards compatability.

Your thoughts and opinions on this would be appreciated. And please, be open-minded about it. I know that the odds of this happening are remote, but it could explain why they needed a full eight months to adjust the game.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Cheer up, sleepy Jean.
Send a message via Skype™ to Hazel-rah
Steam ID: Corprime 3DS ID: 3282-3979-3742

View Posts: 4,382
Re: Possible reason for the TP delay...?

Hmmm... that could be.

And they actually pushed it back 5 months, we just have to wait longer.

Of course, they also said that they still had a ton of bugs to cover.

But I also agree with you, also for the fact that they were almost going to put it on the Revo.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel

Well, they pushed it back two months ago. The release is speculated to be in April by most, but that's not truly confirmed. In any case, they refuse to release TP sooner than the end of this fiscal year, which ends exactly March 31st. Since the delay was announced two months ago, that left us with a full eight months to wait. You have to admit, that's a pretty long time just to work out some bugs and add a level or two. After all, they only spent two years on the entire game. It doesn't seem like adding another dungeon would be so difficult, seeing as how there's not as much work to do now. Eight months is excessive for this sort of thing, in my opinion. I hope I'm right, to tell you the truth. I'd love to play Zelda on the Revolution, given its incredible ingenuity.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:40 PM
space travel is boring
View Posts: 2,074

Well I read somewhere thats what they are doing, they said there will be some revolution extras for TP, I will have a source soon.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Cheer up, sleepy Jean.

Well, yeah, it is a really long time, and we still got another six or seven months to wait, so there's another reason. Also, they said they might get some last minute ideas, so I'm sure that's another reason. And, like I said, the bugs that they mentioned.

Maybe they pushed it back to prevent it from being the next Earthbound 64.

And maybe they're putting it on the Revo as well as the GC with even more features.

We'll just have to wait and see.

And I think they'll release it mid-April, I got a preorder, and the date I come to pick it up is April 3rd next year.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninboy
Well I read somewhere thats what they are doing, they said there will be some revolution extras for TP, I will have a source soon.
Hey, sounds hopeful! Find those details for us, I'd love to hear that this will actually happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Neglected
We'll just have to wait and see.
Screw that! We've waited long enough. Let the speculation begin!
Quote:
And I think they'll release it mid-April, I got a preorder, and the date I come to pick it up is April 3rd next year.
I figured as much, but I doubt the likelihood of an April 3rd release. It will probably be closer to the middle or end of the month.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Cheer up, sleepy Jean.

Quote:
As long as the resource isn't Spong, I'm hopeful.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:45 PM
The Grape
View Posts: 290

My brain hurts from all your big words, Wielder of The Sword. But I think I know what you mean. I would like to play TP for the Revoloution, but I mostly want to play it on the GC.[OFFTOPIC] I love my GameCube.[/ENDOFFTOPIC] But that's way off topic. I've been wondering if they are going to put TP on the Revoulotion to, but I've seen many threads that say that it is not going to go on the Rev.

Angel/Gary/Nuria/Taran & Sophia/Xakk
Mini sigs made by Junahu! Come read my story!
Friends: gingerbreadman,
I HAVE A Wii!
My Comics!
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:47 PM
The epitome of awesome.
Send a message via AIM to Legender Send a message via Yahoo to Legender Send a message via Skype™ to Legender
View Posts: 4,043

I think they pushed it back because bugs. I mean, they're touring around with demos, and some people say how the graphics were awesome, but there were plenty of mistakes.

Also maybe they wanted to make sure it was good, because they are trying to make it the best Zelda game.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Cheer up, sleepy Jean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reih S'emit
My brain hurts from all your big words, Wielder of The Sword. But I think I know what you mean. I would like to play TP for the Revoloution, but I mostly want to play it on the GC.[OFFTOPIC] I love my GameCube.[/ENDOFFTOPIC] But that's way off topic. I've been wondering if they are going to put TP on the Revoulotion to, but I've seen many threads that say that it is not going to go on the Rev.
Well, either way you can play it on the Revolution, because they're making it backwards compatible with the Gamecube.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reih S'emit
That's not exactly what I meant. The Revolution will be backwards compatible, something which has already been confirmed. What I'm saying is that, since you will be able to play TP on the Revolution and so many people are looking forward to it, that maybe Nintendo will program the GCN game to work with the Revolution controller.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
space travel is boring

Source

Its all good, from the bigman himself!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wings
I think they pushed it back because bugs. I mean, they're touring around with demos, and some people say how the graphics were awesome, but there were plenty of mistakes.

Also maybe they wanted to make sure it was good, because they are trying to make it the best Zelda game.
I know they pushed it back because of bugs. They also wanted to add depth and more dungeons. However, as I said above, eight months does seem a bit excessive for that sort of thing. I'm just saying that this might be a bonus that they're pulling out of their sleeves.
Quote:
Source

*Gapes in astonishment* ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... In case you haven't already figured it out, I'm speechless.

The Lord has spoken!

*Re-reads* ...Hold on, what? That doesn't necessarily confirm anything... The guy who wrote that just took two not-entirely-related quotations and put them side-by-side. Hmm... I'll have to go look at the interview again.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Cheer up, sleepy Jean.

Quote:
Source

It's official. I am officially hyped.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Insane little jester
View Posts: 2,303

"Having said that however, I'm personally looking forward to seeing how Zelda can be played with this new Revolution controller. We are looking forward to see how Zelda can be changed by taking advantage of this new controller and I am actually pushing Mr Miyamoto to show what kind of things can be done with the Legend of Zelda."

I gotta say, I think he's referring to the Rev. Zelda, not TP.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
The Grape

Quote:
Well, either way you can play it on the Revolution, because they're making it backwards compatible with the Gamecube.
Yay! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielder of the Sword
That's not exactly what I meant. The Revolution will be backwards compatible, something which has already been confirmed. What I'm saying is that, since you will be able to play TP on the Revolution and so many people are looking forward to it, that maybe Nintendo will program the GCN game to work with the Revolution controller.
Oh. I didn't know that. Sorry! Anyway, it sounds really cool!

I HAVE A Wii!
My Comics!
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon
"Having said that however, I'm personally looking forward to seeing how Zelda can be played with this new Revolution controller. We are looking forward to see how Zelda can be changed by taking advantage of this new controller and I am actually pushing Mr Miyamoto to show what kind of things can be done with the Legend of Zelda."

I gotta say, I think he's referring to the Rev. Zelda, not TP.
That's what I was thinking, actually. At first I just skimmed it, but when I reread the article, I gleaned that bit of info... Chances are, he was referring to future Zeldas in general, and not TP. But that doesn't mean that my idea won't come true!
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:12 PM
space travel is boring

I think he was talking about Next Gen Zelda, but I might have more soon, in the next coming days!
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:18 PM

You mean that person's going to talk again?
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2005, 05:19 PM
The Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielder of the Sword
Chances are, he was referring to future Zeldas in general, and not TP.
Oh. I wonder what the future Zelda is gonna be like? Sorry, a little off topic.

I HAVE A Wii!
My Comics!

Tags
delay, reason