Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
zeldafan12z zeldafan12z is a female United States zeldafan12z is offline
-
View Posts: 507
Options in Future Zelda Games

Would you like future Zelda games to have more options?

I had thought that I would like the freedom to choose what Link said in Skyward Sword, but it ended up irritating me. Those were options I wouldn't want to see repeated in the future.

But there are other options that I think I would personally like. I think I would personally like a difficulty option. That way zelda game could be targeted at younger gamers, but us veteran zelda players could have the option of more/harder enemies. I loved the release of OoT Master Quest, and think it would be cool to have that option from the very beginning.

I'm not sure if this really counts as an option but another thing I would like to see would be more optional side quests. I loved this aspect of Skyward Sword, going after gratitude crystals provided a pretty long side quest, but in the future. I'd like to see more Majora's Mask style side quests. The Kafei/Anju was so long and fun I would love to see more of that in the future. I would also like to have the ability to obtain optional weapons, we have had some of this and I've always loved it!

Another option I have heard a lot of talk about that I don't really like, but thought I'd mention is the ability to create your 'Link' at the beginning of the game. This idea would follow like a Skyrim character creation style, and I just don't really think that is right for the Zelda series.

So there you have it! Do you want any options like the ones listed above in Future Zelda games? Or would you rather it stay the same? Are there any other options you can think of for Zelda games? Let me know!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
View Posts: 6,784
Re: Options in Future Zelda Games

Everything but the third option seems like a reasonable idea to me. I really like side-quests with depth that can invest me even more into the game. Customization of Link's appearance on the other hand.. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to that area. The only 'major' (maybe minor depending on how you look at it) change in Link's appearance I would really enjoy seeing is the return of the Brown hair. If they did it on a console game that would be great, but if they only did in in another 2D game or something, I wouldn't mind that either.
Last Edited by Postman; 07-08-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Teenagers scare the living ♥♥♥♥ out of me.
Send a message via Skype™ to altidefan1
Steam ID: altidefan1
View Posts: 1,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
The only 'major' (maybe minor depending on how you look at it) change in Link's appearance I would really enjoy seeing is the return of the Brown hair.
I want the pink hair again. Trust me

Anyway, these ideas are pretty good in my opinion. The difficulty option was kinda included in Skyward Sword. There was a simple way to make the game harder, and that was to not use the gossip stone as a hint. In addition, there was the Hero mode after you beat the game.

As for the sidequests, most are optional, otherwise they wouldn't be sidequests.

And character edit...eh. We had tunics, that you could change in other games, which was cool and close enough for myself.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,658

I would really like for there to be a customizable Link option. Whether it just be appearance, or even gender, I just want something.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie
Send a message via Skype™ to Uzuki Cheverie
Steam ID: Uzuki_Cheverie

View Posts: 11,722

I would like it if there were a Zelda game that was done RPG style again, like in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, except you can have a lot more customization and party teammates (which would also create an opportunity for multiplayer)

Quote:
I would really like for there to be a customizable Link option. Whether it just be appearance, or even gender, I just want something.
This, except with not TOO much customization, because then you're basically just playing a watered-down version of the Elder Scrolls :/ you cant' really change Link's appearance too much . . .

Quote:
I'd like to see more Majora's Mask style side quests. The Kafei/Anju was so long and fun I would love to see more of that in the future. I would also like to have the ability to obtain optional weapons, we have had some of this and I've always loved it!
DEFINITELY this. I loved Majora's Mask sidequests

Other than that, I would also like to see a really dark Zelda game, like, even darker than Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess . . . but that's just me, lol. There's a reason why I'm striving to make a Zelda game in my own image XDD

- Uzuki Cheverie
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
View Posts: 1,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldafan12z View Post
I think I would personally like a difficulty option. That way zelda game could be targeted at younger gamers, but us veteran zelda players could have the option of more/harder enemies. I loved the release of OoT Master Quest, and think it would be cool to have that option from the very beginning.
I always thought the reason why Zelda games don't have combat difficulty settings is because you can always avoid collecting heart containers and other upgrades that are mostly optional.
1 person liked this post: Claus
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Ancient Roman Goddess
Steam ID: MissMaiaPapaya
View Posts: 52

I dunno, a customizable Link? He's got an image to live up to. You don't see people saying they want to be able to customize Mario, and they want to be able to gender-swap Mario. It just doesn't work like that. Besides, the story lines of the games would have to be changed, if you chose a female Link, to avoid the awkwardness of being hit on by other girls.

And the difficulty settings? I agree with Traeh. But on the sidequests, I agree that they should be like Majora's Mask.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,301

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofRedHelms View Post
I completely disagree. That might have made sense back in the day, but if you look at newer games like tp, and especially ss, Link is his own character. He has his own personality, own history, and even his own name. In SS, no matter how you name him, link will be referred to as Madas by Fi (Madi Madas for Master Link), he'll always have his head in the clouds (Get it? Clouds?), and he will always be willing to risk his life to save zelda.

Something I would like is a sort of mini cause and effect with npc interaction. Basically, each day for npcs are not the same. They are often similar, but there are differences in each day, maybe there being different prizes at a minigame, people walking around town to do certain recurring tasks, characters having conversations, etc.. No Major Sidequests would only be available on certain days, but smaller ones for rupees or what have you would open up. Also, sometimes how you act in these scenarios can cause new things of dialogue to appear, cause people to do different actions, or start treating you differently. It's not much unlike how doing different things in sidequests or on different days in MM can make new dialogue to appear.

How you treat other people in the game could open up bigger sidequests. For example, by talking to this one girl over the course of the game and helping with some errands, she gets a crush on you and starts a sidequest similar to the peatrice quest from SS.

I feel there is a lot that you could do with this, especially since it isn't too far off from a lot of the things that are done in SS.
3 people liked this post: Claus, Maia, Sliske
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMajora View Post
I completely disagree. That might have made sense back in the day, but if you look at newer games like tp, and especially ss, Link is his own character. He has his own personality, own history, and even his own name. In SS, no matter how you name him, link will be referred to as Madas by Fi (Madi Madas for Master Link), he'll always have his head in the clouds (Get it? Clouds?), and he will always be willing to risk his life to save zelda.
Hahaha, all they would have to do if they made a female option is make Zelda a male (change his name I guess but it's like the same word), change some dialogue, and voila.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind customization between hair color, hair style, and color of tunic (especially if we're a knight of Skyloft again) because I'd love to wear some blue. Then again, a change of color in the tunic should just be an option during the game.

Also, I would like it if the bottom of the tunic became shorts instead of looking like a skirt. Just saying.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Wow I'm glad you guys aren't the ones making the games. Customizing link is a horrible idea in my opinion. But yeah difficulty and side quest options would be nice. However i hope they don't go too overboard with sidequests like with skyrim
1 person liked this post: Maia
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is offline
Master Shortpants
View Posts: 4,445

There needs to be a balance with sidequests and story, like in WW and SS. Games with far too little story (MM, FS) make for boring games with shallow storyline that end too shortly, even if there are more sidequests to make up. Likewise, games with a lot of story and far too little sidequests (MC, TP) I find take away from the fun and can make one feel limited when playing it.

Translations:

SS --- TWW