View Poll Results: Would It?
Yes 26 50.00%
No 22 42.31%
Other(comment below) 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Origin story? MORE LIKE BORE-IGIN STORY.
Send a message via Skype™ to Cojiro
View Posts: 468
Re: Would a Majora's Mask 2 work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breegull View Post
The same way they differentiate the other Links, really. A little background story, making it significant that this Link GREW UP in Termina. That'd be the best way to start!
Hmm, save for WW and subsequently PH Link, I consider each incarnation of Link to be almost indistinguishable from one another. Y'know, how they all seem to just play the "young, stoic hero with great responsibility thrust upon them" role. I imagine Termina's Link to not be so cookie cutter, but instead flawed as if to portray the darker nature of Termina itself. Perhaps a Link who could care less about Termina and has to be goaded into saving it by purely personal reasons.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Moon Cultist
View Posts: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojiro View Post
Hmm, save for WW and subsequently PH Link, I consider each incarnation of Link to be almost indistinguishable from one another. Y'know, how they all seem to just play the "young, stoic hero with great responsibility thrust upon them" role. I imagine Termina's Link to not be so cookie cutter, but instead flawed as if to portray the darker nature of Termina itself. Perhaps a Link who could care less about Termina and has to be goaded into saving it by purely personal reasons.
Maybe more akin to the Fierce Deity than the Hero's Spirit? Wonder if a Termina Zelda would be an avatar to Majora, then.

Don't mind me, I'm just a crazy theorist.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedDoll View Post
Maybe more akin to the Fierce Deity than the Hero's Spirit? Wonder if a Termina Zelda would be an avatar to Majora, then.

Don't mind me, I'm just a crazy theorist.
Oooooh, I really like that. Zelda as the antagonist anyone?
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend
TP isn't based in Termina for a start. It has nothing to do with MM.
TP has everything to do with Majora's Mask, more so than any other game in the series.

2. Hero's shade = "child" oot link, who was the protagonist in MM

Fused Shadows = Majora's Mask counterpart

3. etc etc , we all know that there are connections between the two, from the obvious to the less obvious

To OP

TP is next in the timeline after MM. So at this current time it is the sequel, as it continues the storyline and lore

They could add another game, (in my opinion I think they will), but it would not be a direct sequel involving Majora. This is because Majora's has been completely defeated and the evil in the mask is no longer there, as stated in game.

Also The aspect of the amazing sidequests can repeated in any Zelda game, it does not have to be a direct sequel.

For lore and insight explaining "Fierce Deity" "Majora" and the backstory to MM, would be better as a prequel due to it all being in the past. And even a game explaining the backstory would not have to be a direct prequel.

PS: In regards to having another game set in Termina, I think could be likely, with oot "child" Link as the protagonist set between MM and TP
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
View Posts: 2,604

I think a prequel would work, dealing with sealing Majora in the mask.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiings View Post
TP has everything to do with Majora's Mask, more so than any other game in the series.

2. Hero's shade = "child" oot link, who was the protagonist in MM

Fused Shadows = Majora's Mask counterpart

3. etc etc , we all know that there are connections between the two, from the obvious to the less obvious

To OP

TP is next in the timeline after MM. So at this current time it is the sequel, as it continues the storyline and lore

They could add another game, (in my opinion I think they will), but it would not be a direct sequel involving Majora. This is because Majora's has been completely defeated and the evil in the mask is no longer there, as stated in game.

Also The aspect of the amazing sidequests can repeated in any Zelda game, it does not have to be a direct sequel.

For lore and insight explaining "Fierce Deity" "Majora" and the backstory to MM, would be better as a prequel due to it all being in the past. And even a game explaining the backstory would not have to be a direct prequel.

PS: In regards to having another game set in Termina, I think could be likely, with oot "child" Link as the protagonist set between MM and TP
I don't understand your "fused shadows = majora's mask" and "etc" points. Could you explain those please?
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 90

I don't think there can be a Termina Link. Link can travel between worlds. If there was, couldn't he go to Hyrule? it would create two Links in one dimension causing a paradox thingy.
But I don't think MM2 would work. They killed the big boss. there's nothing else to do in Termina.
"Oh no! Now the sun's falling! :O"
No.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Moramali Minimal Moramali Minimal is a male United Kingdom Moramali Minimal is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

Where's the proof which confirms that Termina exists in an alternate reality? Most of the similarities between OoT and MM are down to development time constraints and recycled assets.

The only thing I can think of that could add weight to this argument is the ending sequence where the Skull Kid remarks that 'Link' has the same scent as the kid who taught him a song in the woods. Even this is open to interpretation though. There are many Links and the Skull Kid could merely be referring to the Hylian race. Skull Kids could live for hundreds of years for all we know =P

I have an idea for a Majora's Mask sequel, not a direct sequel, but a sequel nonetheless. I think it could turn out to be one of the most profound Zelda experiences yet if done properly. Check out my thread to see if you agree.
Last Edited by Moramali Minimal; 06-30-2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Moon Cultist
View Posts: 241

"This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." (Majora's Mask manual, pg. 6)

Could be figurative, but that's what's usually cited to back the parallel universe theory (along with in-game suggestion).
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Moramali Minimal Moramali Minimal is a male United Kingdom Moramali Minimal is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedDoll View Post
"This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." (Majora's Mask manual, pg. 6)

Could be figurative, but that's what's usually cited to back the parallel universe theory (along with in-game suggestion).
"kind of" rings alarm bells in my head to be honest, but then again that's a translation. Personally I think Nintendo purposely left it ambiguous which actually encouraged fans to speculate and deftly included in-game similarities between Hyrule and Termina (Lon Lon Ranch/Romani Ranch is a good one, but there are probably better examples), but there's nothing really concrete to prove or disprove the alternate reality theory. Does anyone mention Hyrule in Majora's Mask at all?

I think Nintendo just slapped together a way to re-use a lot of OoT assets without cheesing off fans. It adds to the mysterious quality of the story, but that's about as far as it goes in my opinion.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 55

I can see this happening, remember we don't even know who Majora is -- for all we know he could be another ancient hyrulian demon which could be just as powerful as demise, how cool would it be to have a second bad guy, this could be the starting of something that brings Zelda out of its repeatability cycle , I'd love to slaughter a demon (with super powers) as young link; total bad a**

It's one hell of a Drink!
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Demon King Demise Demon King Demise is a male United Kingdom Demon King Demise is offline
Demon King
View Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocaTeaPlease View Post
I can see this happening, remember we don't even know who Majora is -- for all we know he could be another ancient hyrulian demon which could be just as powerful as demise, how cool would it be to have a second bad guy, this could be the starting of something that brings Zelda out of its repeatability cycle , I'd love to slaughter a demon (with super powers) as young link; total bad a**
I'm pretty sure Majora is a "She".
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 369

Hell yeah...

I think a majoras mask 2 on 3ds would be good but not if it had some of the same stuff as majoras mask...

It would be good if it was a Prequel where you wher fighting the tribe that made it... that would be good...

Ah yes thats a very good Zelda Idea...

What do you guys think...???

"Warrior"

Credit Goes to: Zelda Universe (Members), Zelda Informer, Zelda Dungeon, YouTube...

( YouTube Channel: GamePhyx )

( PSN ID: Dragon21LAT )

Friend Code: 5215-0154-0138 Add me for Future Zelda Title's...
Last Edited by DragonLAT; 06-30-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Fierce Diety Fierce Diety is a male United States Fierce Diety is offline
That's me!
View Posts: 454

I don't think a return to Terminia would work all that well... Majora's Mask is a more mysterious game, and that's reflected in Link going to a new, weird place for the first time. A sequel would mess with that a little... There's also some other things, but I'm in a hurry, so I may post them later
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
View Posts: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon King Demise View Post
I'm pretty sure Majora is a "She".
Omg.

Demise tried to create a demon bride before the events of SS, but she went bonkers and he had her thrown into what used to be a prison, aka past Termina. The Link of Termina, aka the Fierce Deity, had to stop her and seal her away in a mask before she broke free and destroyed all worlds.

It'd be cool to see Link as a sort of anti-hero in a game like this, maybe starting out as a thief and horrible man, he slowly turns good. Maybe the Fierce Deity would become the Spirit of the Hero and inspire Hylia to have him reincarnated along with her to defeat Demise in the future?
1 person liked this post: Pretendo
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 35

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! Of all games, Majora's Mask has the most content to elaborate upon.This includes but is not limited to Majora's Mask, the Fierce Deities Mask, Happy Mask Salesmen, and the Garo and Ikana. Of a course a sequel could happen, but only if Majora's Mask 3DS is released (newer gamer would need to know what Majora's Mask is. So anyway, heck yeah!

Anyways, Majora is probably not a she. More likely, Majora's behavior and appearance during battle is that of an estranged child (at least that is what I think)

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Nah, lets keep with mask and try to answer the question as to why the 'Mask Festival' in Clocktown occurs.
Last Edited by hosemisnuba; 07-05-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Demon King Demise Demon King Demise is a male United Kingdom Demon King Demise is offline
Demon King
View Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! Of all games, Majora's Mask has the most content to elaborate upon.This includes but is not limited to Majora's Mask, the Fierce Deities Mask, Happy Mask Salesmen, and the Garo and Ikana. Of a course a sequel could happen, but only if Majora's Mask 3DS is released (newer gamer would need to know what Majora's Mask is. So anyway, heck yeah!

Anyways, Majora is probably not a she. More likely, Majora's behavior and appearance during battle is that of an estranged child (at least that is what I think)

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Nah, lets keep with mask and try to answer the question as to why the 'Mask Festival' in Clocktown occurs.
Her body structure and her muscles have female parts. And besides, what do you have against a female Majora?