Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Skype™ to Jazzi
View Posts: 29
Re: If they remake Majoras Mask for 3ds, what would you like to see different?

Nothing, I wouldn't want them to change anything. Majora's Mask is a brilliant game as it. It's beautiful and it's dark and it's simply amazing. If they do make Majora's Mask on the 3DS, I'd be afraid it'd be a hit or a miss. And regardless of if it was a hit, it wouldn't be the same.
1 person liked this post: Farooq
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Terminian
View Posts: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoras Deity View Post
I've said many times their is a MM 2 Japan only
You've been wrong many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj777 View Post
^
He's right. Just googled Majora's Mask 2 and it showed up. Seems like everything the fanboys have been crying out for. Does suck it's for Japan only.
Sabes que, if it was actually released, everyone and their mum from the US would have a rom copy and ZU would have a page for it. It never existed, it won't exist, it's a fan mock up with a wiki page. Don't believe everything you read. That is the only page on the internet about it, deepen your research.

For majora's mask 3d, I would like maybe a dungeon more on the moon instead of the little mini games. Don't get me wrong, I liked those and I want those to stay, but I think if they add an outdoor dungeon of some sort on the inside of the moon, that'd be great. Other than that, maybe an enhanced bomber's notebook for everyone in Clocktown (and romani Ranch) instead of twenty.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
But Vegeta, Trix are for kids
View Posts: 979

^
Yeah, I found that out a few days after I posted that. It's the first thing that game up on a Google search, so take that plus also the fact that there were a few other Japan-only Zelda games (Tingle's Rupee Land or w/e) and you have me thinking it was legit.
But never will

Wolf Pack Pride
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
TrippyLoZFanatic TrippyLoZFanatic is a female TrippyLoZFanatic is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 4

I think cleaning up the graphics like they did in OOT 3DS would be great.

If you remember the inverted song of time it shouldn't be THAT much of a problem if you're in a dungeon.
Plus after you beat the boss you have a teleporter to teleport straight to the boss if you go back to the first day, since the point of Majora's Mask is to get things done within 3 days.

What another thing would be great is adding the option to also go through town on the 4th day. So that way you can play all the games and what not. Or see how everything is.

That's I guess a couple of things I'd love to see.

" Is this okay mommy? "
- NCS
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
GreenGirlEmma GreenGirlEmma is a female Scotland GreenGirlEmma is offline
Gerudo Thief
Steam ID: Kairros
View Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatFairy View Post
I don't think anything should be changed. Everything about the game is how it should be in order to have the same feeling. The only thing I think should be added would be like what they did for OoT3D and unlock a Master Quest after completing the game. Changing anything about the game itself would change the feel of the game itself and thus take the chance of ruining a great game.

I think this hits the nail on the head. The original should be remade with no changes to the mechanics. What would be awesome (and completely unrealistic) would be a second mode with more days or changes to the character behaviours. What made Majora's Mask great, for me, was the depth of characterisation and character interaction so if another mode offered more of that, it would be the cherry on top of a bigger cherry on an already cherry loaded cake!
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Im selling peace, now who's buying?
Send a message via Skype™ to Farooq
View Posts: 313

Just make the graphics better, and nothing else. Majora's Mask was beast on it's own.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 114

Nothing should be changed...but I would hope for additions to the game, as long as they aren't thrown in carelessly and contradict other quests...or maybe they should contradict quests, like the bomb shop woman in the Kafei and Anju quest, she has to be robbed in order for two lovers to reunite... Personally, I couldn't care less about any more dungeons, but, more bombers notebook sidequests, hidden conversations, masks, etc. that would be awesome.

Dark Link and Link sprites by GregarLink10
Zelda and Ganondorf sprites by Gold Stud
Skullkid sprite by Leix
Vaati Sprite by LS
the red headed one was ripped by Heatpack , but edited by MEEEEEE
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,690

Replace these:

With these:

That is all.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 03:01 PM
zeldafan12z zeldafan12z is a female United States zeldafan12z is offline
-
View Posts: 507

I would only want the saving changed to make it more available.

Also I know it wouldn't happen, but I would love an optional way to learn the history of majora and fierce deity. like the gossip stones tell pieces of how they have clashed through the years. I don't know, that would just be interesting I think
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 20

I've never played Majora's Mask, but I've seen a lot of videos about it and I heard that it's a dark and great game, so I wouldn't change anything in the gameplay. I just want better and breathtaking graphics, since it's been 12 years of the Nintendo 64 release. Maybe an option in which you can change between the new and original graphics would be cool.
I really hope they release this remake, because I want to play it in a handheld console like the 3DS, with better graphics and stuff.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Seems like everyone just wants things to be made convenient for them.... I personally would rather get an actual sequel to the game. Call it a port, remake or whatever you wish to, but Termina could become so much more than it already is if they would just expand on things. If there is an MM3D I'd feel let down if it was just an update in graphics... Sorry, call me crazy, but I don't think that's gonna really have an affect on the content of the game.... If all you want is pretty graphics than Idk what compels you to own any of Nintendo's consoles

I really don't find it necessary to remake it for the 3DS.. Sounds like fun, sure, but you're just going to be playing the same game.. Don't know how that's anymore exciting than replaying it on your n64, wii or gcn... Just port the damn thing, that way they can focus on creating new games instead of us being stuck reliving the past, while conveniantly making money off us.

that's just my personal opinion. If they ARE going to remake it, can they focus on, I don't know, something more important than an easily fixable saving system? I'd be satisfied with more text to enhance the plot... I'm not dissing MM or anything, it is one of my fav games of all time, but Skull Kid, who is seen as the main antagonist throughout the majority of the game, has one of the most juvenile motives for being taken advantage of by the MM. There should be more backstory to make it more meaningful. And I would love to hear about the giants on a more personal level! That would be amazing. Also, more background on the HMS would be great..

Basically, all I would want from a remake is just something more indepth than its previous counterpart.. All naive, wishful, hopeless thinking on my part. I know that's why a sequel would be better than a remake..
Last Edited by Fohx; 06-30-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Topaz Mutiny Topaz Mutiny is a female United States Topaz Mutiny is offline
Wii U ID: Topaz_Mutiny 3DS ID: 5370-0400-3836
View Posts: 4,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fohx View Post
but Skull Kid, who is seen as the main antagonist throughout the majority of the game, has one of the most juvenile motives for being taken advantage of by the MM. There should be more backstory to make it more meaningful.
Amazing, an assumed-juvenile creature has juvenile motives.

Not picking on you, I just think the motives are appropriate for the characters, who, above all else, are lonely children. Kids. Skull Kid is a good parallel for Link, who had his friend (no matter how many times player say they hate her) Navi leave him to the point where he goes on a wild goose-chase for her and ends up lost in the woods. So why not also pick on Link, who also has that same juvenile motive. They both react differently (Skull Kid with acting out and Link with single-mindedness), but they're tied to the same circumstance - the sudden "abandonment" of a friend.

It's already quite meaningful, but could they add more text to give us a more in-depth look at the characters? Yes, but they don't necessarily have to add more backstory that could alter what is already established. Show, not tell, and all that.
Online Games: ACNL, MK7, Pkmn X+Y, Smash 3DS, MK8, Smash WiiU

Thanks to Sugarpoultry for the pretty sig! <3
Last Edited by Topaz Mutiny; 06-30-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz Mutiny View Post
Amazing, an assumed-juvenile creature has juvenile motives.

Not picking on you, I just think the motives are appropriate for the characters, who, above all else, are lonely children. Kids. Skull Kid is a good parallel for Link, who had his friend (no matter how many times player say they hate her) Navi leave him to the point where he goes on a wild goose-chase for her and ends up lost in the woods. So why not also pick on Link, who also has that same juvenile motive. They both react differently (Skull Kid with acting out and Link with single-mindedness), but they're tied to the same circumstance - the sudden "abandonment" of a friend.

It's already quite meaningful, but could they add more text to give us a more in-depth look at the characters? Yes, but they don't necessarily have to add more backstory that could alter what is already established. Show, not tell, and all that.
Maybe I wrote it in a way that gave it a negative connotation, but I wasn't make a dig at MM(and nor do I feel you are making one at me-- just to clear that up), I just think more backstory and text would placate the hungry demon that is my inner LoZ-fanatic. I would really hate for Nintendo to let an opportunity like this slip by. To give fans who are eager to learn more about Termina the info we've been wanting. And I don't want anything significant to be altered either, but there are things that could be revealed that don't necessarily have to alter what's been established. It could just be a way to get a better understanding of why certain things turned out the way they did. Just one little cutscene of who the real Fierce Diety was and I'd buy like 10 copies(that is so far out of the realm of possibility to be shown for a remake, I know). As for the text, I guess the quality > quantity rule firmly applies. I suppose not everyone is like me, where I would just scroll through pages upon pages of main storyline text and enjoy every minute of it... again, why I want a sequel rather than a remake.
Last Edited by Fohx; 07-01-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Topaz Mutiny
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 PM
✪ Deku Link ✪ ✪ Deku Link ✪ is a male United States ✪ Deku Link ✪ is offline
View Posts: 1,688

I want HD Goron Link... And HD Elegy Of Emptynes... Lol jk

I am Link. Hero of the Magical Masks.
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
the better end of all to come
Send a message via AIM to breegull
View Posts: 94

A Master Quest would be PERFECT, and probably infuriating! Those bosses were not HARD, but when you have a time constraint it can be awful agitating. Imagine having to do it on a harder difficulty!