Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 95
Zelda: A link to the Future

I have a new idea regarding having a link to the future which is the future where Link will be alone without any humannoids or just few remaining humannoids who won't live much longer to the point where they'll only give Link clues about what happened and there'll be abandoned futuristic technologies+buildings to be used as a weapon and dungeons outlooks although this should only be placed into part of the game rather than having to go through it entirely in this setting. Everything in this setting should look like everything is falling out and nature is taking over slowly as there's plants in buildings and all. Also monsters should be just about everywhere in this setting. This should be interesting.

After Link done his duty here, he should be able to fight Ganon and have things restored.
Last Edited by StylizedCarfan1; 04-27-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,009
Re: Zelda: A link to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylizedCarfan1 View Post
I have a new idea regarding having a link to the future which is the future where Link will be alone without any humannoids or just few remaining humannoids who won't live much longer to the point where they'll only give Link clues about what happened and there'll be abandoned futuristic technologies+buildings to be used as a weapon and dungeons outlooks although this should only be placed into part of the game rather than having to go through it entirely in this setting. Everything in this setting should look like everything is falling out and nature is taking over slowly as there's plants in buildings and all. Also monsters should be just about everywhere in this setting. This should be interesting.

After Link done his duty here, he should be able to fight Ganon and have things restored.
Wow, Link in a post-apocalyptic futuristic setting with all sorts of fun technology in place of npcs with destructible buildings!

That sounds far too reminiscent of Bionic Commando... And no, not the Classic or Rearmed tie-in, the horrible, HORRIBLE 'sequel'.

And yes, I can picture that now with the clawshots...

Deal me out. (In all seriousness, it sounds okay; but I'd really rather not have Zelda try to go 'Gears of Spiderman 2: Guns of the Patriots'.)
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 95

Zelda has already had futuristic technology in the past Zelda games such as teleporter and a few other things. I wouldn't think it'd feel different in this setting. After all, the gameplay wouldn't vary much though settings would be different.
Last Edited by StylizedCarfan1; 04-27-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Sliske Send a message via Yahoo to Sliske
View Posts: 2,604

I think Zelda would do fantastic if they teamed up with Penn Ward, the creator of Adventure Time, and used the Land of Ooo as a setting.

It has the perfect amount of lore and mystery, set along side some technological and magical do-das, with just the perfect amount of tasteful maturity showing hard-core viewers that it took place after a Nuclear war.