$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM
NintendoGuy7 NintendoGuy7 is a male United States NintendoGuy7 is offline
Knight of Skyloft
Send a message via AIM to NintendoGuy7
View Posts: 813
They should work on introducing a new big Villian

Ganon and Demise are nice. But I loved Ghiriham. He was new, fresh and original.
Bring in a new bad guy. One not from Hyrule.
Make him truly terrifying.
I think Zelda's has the ability to make a scary sinister bad guy.
Not one that's just big and looks really strong.
1 person liked this post: Sliske
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Douchebag Supreme
View Posts: 1,089
Re: They should work on introducing a new big Villian

I've mentioned this but I'd love it if Malladus became a new main villain of the series as the new incarnation of Demise. I mean Ganon is now dead in all timelines and he was introduced in Spirit Tracks and was pretty cool and I think they could do a lot with him. Hell maybe his human form could be a Goron or a Zora? Would be cool to maybe see a main villain from the other side. But since the Zora's don't exist in the AT he'd probably have to be a Goron

4 people liked this post: Castiel, Pseud O Nym, Sliske, Thanatos-Zero
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
I've mentioned this but I'd love it if Malladus became a new main villain of the series as the new incarnation of Demise.
As much as I would love it, I think that Nintendo wanted to create a full cycle:

Demise>Ganon>Malladus

Malladus is basically a reincarnation (if not, the same) as Demise, and although it sounds strange, the events of Spirit Tracks could take place before Skyward Sword, and the cycle could be endless.

Therefore, I do not think Malladus will return. Nintendo needs to come up with different villains rather than raging demons with fire for hair. (Like Ghirahim or Zant.)
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Douchebag Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
As much as I would love it, I think that Nintendo wanted to create a full cycle:

Demise>Ganon>Malladus

Malladus is basically a reincarnation (if not, the same) as Demise, and although it sounds strange, the events of Spirit Tracks could take place before Skyward Sword, and the cycle could be endless.

Therefore, I do not think Malladus will return. Nintendo needs to come up with different villains rather than raging demons with fire for hair. (Like Ghirahim or Zant.)
I don't know what you are talking about at all... Spirit Tracks takes place in new Hyrule a couple centuries after Phantom Hourglass.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
I don't know what you are talking about at all... Spirit Tracks takes place in new Hyrule a couple centuries after Phantom Hourglass.
Yes I know that, I'm saying that the entire Zelda timeline could be an endless cycle.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 704

I don't think Malladus will return, simply because he's a shallow character and an unexciting antagonist. He hardly has a personality, and his motive for being evil is basically "me destroy stuff!". He could have been a lot better. But at least he's a better villain than Bellum, they pretty much just threw him in at the end of PH.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 479

I want a recurring villain that is like Majora, something that seems to think it's not evil, but that YOU are. Or that none of it matters. On a similar note, like Majora comes across as, I want the villain to have a female 'vibe' about them. I still view Majora as being a female demon even today.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
2 people liked this post: Castiel, Rakshael
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,309

The adult timeline has the most potentional because they got rid of the triforce, so they change the formula including what the final boss looks like.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Red
View Posts: 851

It doesn't necessarily has to be Ghirahim, but they could make someone like him.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Filthy beast of meat and hair
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin
View Posts: 545

Strangely it seems that Nintendo is moving in the opposite direction than this. The last few villains have been very ill defined and generic. Most of the time without much of an origin of they took the time out to create one at all. All the secondary villains after Ganondorf have normally been just a demon of some type that just appears to wreak havoc on Hyrule. If there is much told about them then it is mostly a quick mention that they were a terrible threat in the past.

Nintendo seem to like to just toss out a generic looming threat from behind the scenes villain now. Typically following the very generic fantasy storytelling convention of the ancient evil that was sealed before, that already has or might escape if you do not succeed. This way they do not require much of a backstory or origin because they are at the beginning of the game an established threat. Plus their origin is lost to antiquity and no one in the current era knows where they came from or why. Just that this is some incredibly evil individual and it is Link's job to stop it.

The notable exceptions are Zant and Vaati, however the origin for Vaati was told in a game produced by Capcom and not Nintendo. Were it not for that game Vaati would be just another cookie cutter monster villain that shows up and kidnaps maidens because evil. The story for Zant was a little bit more interesting as you did get some explanations for his motivation. This was a lot more than what we had for Ghirahim, Malladus, Majora, or Demise. Especially true for Onox or Veran.

However because of ST, SS, and maybe MM Nintendo has in a way established a race of demons that exists in the world of Hyrule and a type of underworld that they come from. Even if that is never really seen in the games or mentioned much outside of a short comment per game. They do seem to be slowly establishing a third faction outside of the Hyrule races/Ganondorf of the Dark world vying for the triforce that we have seen since the beginning. Now it is fairly well known that there are demons out there as well and they have their own intentions for the triforce. Now it is not just greedy individuals like the Gerudo or Dark Interlopers from Hyrule or transformed monsters from the dark world that all want it for themselves. Now there is a supernatural horde that once spread its evil in the past that wanted it as well. Perhaps sometime in the future a developer could take advantage of these little bits of info added in a few of the games and create something new from it. At least something more than just another generic demon that wants to be freed so they can do bad again.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
toonlinkrocks toonlinkrocks is a male United States toonlinkrocks is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 306

If we get a recurring villain I want him to be at least as active as WW Ganon was in his game, I would really like the actual main villain to be as interactive as Ghirahim, but apparently Nintendo really likes the "showing the boss at the very end" card.

Characters:Vothas Trip

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,300

Instead of a new villain how about...

a VILLAINESS!!!!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP, AStinkToThePast
View Posts: 3,660

^^^ That would be so awesome! A powerful villainess on total boss status, that answers to nobody, and is entirely driven by her own motives, that would be awesome.

On a side note, I've always wanted to see a crooked Royal Family. I'm not talking about the possessed Zeldas of TP and ST, but rather a wicked Royal Family that is driven by their own lusts and attempt to rule the world with an iron fist.
4 people liked this post: Castiel, Rakshael, Sliske, toonlinkrocks
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 PM
toonlinkrocks toonlinkrocks is a male United States toonlinkrocks is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 306

Ooooh, a twisted Royal Family with Zelda as the only ray of hope for the kingdom but she's in the middle of a murderous power play for the throne of Hyrule. I like it

Characters:Vothas Trip

1 person liked this post: Sliske
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,300

That would kind of...turning the Legend of Zelda "inside-out"~
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 09:33 PM
My life from Z to A My life from Z to A is a female United States My life from Z to A is offline
Sometimes, it's not just the hand you're dealt, but the cards you play.
View Posts: 348

I don't see what's wrong with Ganandorf being the main villain, personally, but only if Nintendo was able to make something original out of the storyline/plot. After all, Ganandorf is the weilder of the ToP, therefore making him the 3rd main character to the series.

However, since that doesn't seem possible, I'm all open to new possibilities.

Having Zelda control the ToP instead of the ToW would certainly make for an interesting game. I wonder, though, any ideas on who might control the ToW instead?

Sometimes,

it's not just the hand you're dealt,

but the cards you play.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Johnny Sokko Johnny Sokko is a male United States Johnny Sokko is offline
Hylian
View Posts: 609

I think Malladus has a good chance of returning. His apparent lack of back story is actually a good reason for his return, so they can elaborate on that, like they did with Vaati. I'd like to see some ties between Malladus and Demise. Ganon's dead in all three timelines now, so I don't see him coming back soon unless Ninty's interested in more prequels.
1 person liked this post: Nensense
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Red
View Posts: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by My life from Z to A View Post
However, since that doesn't seem possible, I'm all open to new possibilities.
Didn't Koume and Kotake try to resurrect Ganon in the OoX games? Who's to say they won't? I mean, Ghirahim tried to resurrect his Master, and he succeeded, again, who's to say someone else won't try to revive him?
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 PM
My life from Z to A My life from Z to A is a female United States My life from Z to A is offline
Sometimes, it's not just the hand you're dealt, but the cards you play.
View Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
Didn't Koume and Kotake try to resurrect Ganon in the OoX games? Who's to say they won't? I mean, Ghirahim tried to resurrect his Master, and he succeeded, again, who's to say someone else won't try to revive him?
True!

I actually like Ganondorf, I think he is sorta bound to the LoZ series, and the true wielder of the Triforce of Power. Removing Ganondorf is sorta like taking away an element of classic Zelda. At the same time, though, I will keep my mind open to new enemies and other possibilities.

But I do agree with you, there is still hope for Ganondorf yet. =]

Sometimes,

it's not just the hand you're dealt,

but the cards you play.
2 people liked this post: Lazara the Last, Panda Bear
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Douchebag Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
They attempted to but they could only resurrect his body and not his soul so he was basically a souless monster. Which I think it pretty much confirmation that Ganon can't come back after he's dead (unless Retcontendo decides to change that)