Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you think ganondorf will be in Zelda wii U?
Yes 40 70.18%
No 17 29.82%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,674
Re: Ganondorf in Zelda wii u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I'm with you on that, I would LOVE to return to Termina. Even if not on the Child Timeline, Termina hasn't been visited in the other timelines yet, which means that Majora's Mask (the mask not the game) still exists somewhere.
I wouldn't mind a return to Termina, but I would love a return to Holodrum as well. I think Holodrum is one of the most beautiful Zelda worlds (despite being on a GBC) and I think changing the seasons would look spectacular in SS graphics. Plus Din is one of my favorite Zelda characters. I would also love to hear an orchestral remix of Horon Village or Tarm Ruins.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Douchebag Supreme
View Posts: 1,089

Pretty sure Nintendo learned after forcing him unneededly into Twilight Princess so I don't think they are going to do that again. They are probably going to be taking a break from Gannondorf for this game and probably the 3DS game. I personally am hoping we get a story about Malladus in the CT (I'm almost certain the next game will be CT). In the style of the WiiU tech demo. As I feel Malladus is probably the next incarnation of Demise after the death of Gannondorf in both WW and TP thus the end of him in both timelines. Therefore Malladus may take the spot as the new Zelda villain for now and it could be pretty cool, Malladus is a really interesting character and has an awesome name .
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Goron
View Posts: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Pretty sure Nintendo learned after forcing him unneededly into Twilight Princess so I don't think they are going to do that again. They are probably going to be taking a break from Gannondorf for this game and probably the 3DS game. I personally am hoping we get a story about Malladus in the CT (I'm almost certain the next game will be CT). In the style of the WiiU tech demo. As I feel Malladus is probably the next incarnation of Demise after the death of Gannondorf in both WW and TP thus the end of him in both timelines. Therefore Malladus may take the spot as the new Zelda villain for now and it could be pretty cool, Malladus is a really interesting character and has an awesome name .
Dude, it's Ganondorf. There's just ONE N, not two.

I voted yes because Ganondorf wasn't in the anniversary game and he's the main villian so I think he should've definately been in there. They have to give us some Ganondorf soon. I personally really hope that he's in the next game and I don't care which graphics.

Ganondorf is the only attractive male in the series.

Also, I'm nice so shoot me a pm.
1 person liked this post: AgentNimble
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,301

He is the main bad guy in zelda, almost like bowser to mario. Its been too long since we've had him.
1 person liked this post: Lazara the Last
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Lanayru_ Send a message via Yahoo to Lanayru_
Steam ID: aeternus_aura
View Posts: 2,088

I think he'll make an appearance, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to switch things up with his character a bit, which is what other people in this thread seem to be hinting on.

I think that the Wii-U Zelda will most likely follow the basic prototype involving Link, Zelda, Ganon, and Hyrule, but will feel new and fresh. At least, that's what the safest bet is, as with any Zelda.

Quote:
He is the main bad guy in zelda, almost like bowser to mario. Its been too long since we've had him.
Disclaimer: One game.
Last Edited by Lanayru_; 02-10-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Lazara the Last
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

No. Keep him away for a bit longer....like 10 more years.

And stop coming up with Ganon rip-offs like Cole/Malladus and Ghirahim/Demise
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 20

I wanna see them bring back Ganon/Gannon AKA the Big Bad Blue Boar. Haven't seen him in like forever.
Last Edited by Sodacan; 02-13-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason:
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

I hope so, actually. After Skyward Sword, one more Ganon story needs to be told:
I want Ganondorf to discover that Koume and Kotake have been using him since before he was born as a vessel to bring back Demise and then rebel against them.

Ocarina of Time, OoX, and Twilight Princess put together made me think that Piganon had been their goal all along and Skyward Sword sort of confirmed it for me.

It allows them to give him back his dignity as a unique character, fits in with his Wind Waker characterization, allows him to break away from drifting back into being a flat archetype figure like he was in Twilight Princess (even granting him some sympathy for that game's story, retroactively, as it is a representation of him losing his identity), and allows him to take a more dynamic role in the story, being an enemy or an ally depending on individual situations (his new personal goal of rebelling against his destiny being something to help him with, his old standby goal of domination being something to fight against) and making him again a central part of the story while allowing for other characters to take center stage as the major villain/s.

Honestly, if Nintendo fails to capitalize on this opportunity that Skyward Sword set them up for I will be rather disappointed.

I'm pretty sure he will be in the WiiU Zelda; they're still in maximum OoT-coat-tail-riding mode and they'll buckle to fan demand and make an HD Ganondorf just like TP all over again. While I'd rather they follow through on a whole-series arc, they'll probably just end up throwing him back in for its own sake.
Last Edited by TheGhostOfMandrag; 02-13-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason:
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: g_man526
View Posts: 1,187

I don't think we should ever see the last of Ganon/dorf, but for now I say lay him to rest. As someone else already said, he's already dead in all three timelines.

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA - OoT - MM - OoX - WW - FSA - TMC - TP - PH - ST - SS - ALBW

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Check out my blog! http://hoppedonpop.wordpress.com
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldablue777 View Post
No. Keep him away for a bit longer....like 10 more years.

Agreed.

Why can't we have a female villain in the next game? For primary antagonists, all we have are Twinrova and Veran. I would love it if the next game was another evil but beautiful female like Veran. It's about time Zelda does away the Beauty equals Goodness rule that has only really been broken by Veran. (Koume and Kotake just look like a giant green skinned Joan Rivers when they transform.)

You know its SEXY.

#31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Douchebag Supreme
View Posts: 1,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch View Post
Agreed.

Why can't we have a female villain in the next game? For primary antagonists, all we have are Twinrova and Veran. I would love it if the next game was another evil but beautiful female like Veran. It's about time Zelda does away the Beauty equals Goodness rule that has only really been broken by Veran. (Koume and Kotake just look like a giant green skinned Joan Rivers when they transform.)
Honestly I'd cream my pant if Veran came back. She was an amazing villain, one of my favorites in gaming history. I'd love to see her in 3D.

And no offense to Onox, but like... He was just a badass muscle man...
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Honestly I'd cream my pant if Veran came back. She was an amazing villain, one of my favorites in gaming history. I'd love to see her in 3D.

And no offense to Onox, but like... He was just a badass muscle man...

Agreed, Veran is my favorite villain ever. Onox only turns up when you're about to go defeat him. Veran spends the whole game ****ing with you. And she's got enough Plan Bs to do so.

Nintendo will probably make her cover up her armoured bra the way they made Ruto cover her shame, but I don't mind. I really hated how she got her game hijacked in the end.

I really hope they bring back Veran, or at least, another villainous vamp like her.

You know its SEXY.

1 person liked this post: Nensense
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Dark Lord Ghirahim Dark Lord Ghirahim is a male Dark Lord Ghirahim is offline
King of Evil
Steam ID: Jambayemon
View Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I think so, but it's hard to be sure because Ganondorf is dead in all 3 timelines, unless they plan on making prequels.
Being dead hasn't stopped him before, I mean, his minions really enjoy resurrecting him.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanayru_ View Post
3 games. ph, st, ss. Bsides, calling TP an appearance is kind of a stretch.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Daccus Illuminatus Misericors
Steam ID: nikohesus
View Posts: 6,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldablue777 View Post
How are Ghirahim/Demise Ganon rip-offs?

I think another female villain would be awesome, and have her be the main villain.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKeenard
Steam ID: MrKeenard
View Posts: 91

Since we do not know a single thing on where this game will be placed in the timeline we have no clue. Unless it is a prequelwhere yes ganondorf is alive, but other than that in all 3 timelines Ganondorf is dead and unless he is Resurrected or revives or some ♥♥♥♥ like that
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 704

He's definitely going to be in it. He hasn't been in the past three games, and the last time we saw him was in 2006 in TP. And don't tell me he can't come back cause he's dead: Nintendo always finds a way to make him return but still fit the story.
Last Edited by jameslieb1; 02-16-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason:
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Zelda Universe 3.0
View Posts: 131
Exclamation

Only Ganon is alive in the Child Timeline. Or, some form of him. Vaati is an evil GOD, not just a demon, or mere villain. Is it possible Ganon appears seemingly out of nowhere in FSA as Vaati's desperate attempt to flee? In which case both; A Ganon, and Vaati still exist with only Ganon sealed.

I'm more interested in how the Shadow Force and the Four Sword are going to appear in Zelda U alongside the Light Force and Master Sword. Additionally, If Vaati is a GOD what other celestial beings still linger in the background?

The way Zelda's progressed lately makes the universe share many parallels to Greek mythology. In which case, the series can only get better with fresh creativity.

There are 6-8 Goddesses/Gods. Din, Nayru, Farore, Goddess of Time, The goddess the Gerudos worship, A possible shadow God or Goddess of the Shieka, Vaati.

Depending on what the Shadow Force turns out to be will gives us big insight into Zelda U. They aren't going to introduce something that major and leave it in only one timeline.

Also, the three sacred blades aren't all that invincible. The Picori Blade/Kokiri Sword/Four Sword, was reworked by human hands twice. Even the Master Sword, a blade meant for Gods (Why exactly do the gods need swords?) reforged for human use, got dull in all three timelines after OoT, and Needed refurbishing. The Four Sword also weakens over time, which allowed Vaati to escape.

Text this small, hurts my eyes at 1080p...
Last Edited by Vemira; 09-11-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason:
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Acting The Mickey
View Posts: 1,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanayru_ View Post
Three games actually. Ganon's last outing was in Twilight Princess in 2007.

It's high time the King of Evil made his grand return.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
- E u z e t h - G o z z o -
View Posts: 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Linebeck View Post
He was darling. FSA introduced a brand new Ganondorf, a different person to the Ganondorf that was introduced in OoT who was killed in TP (despite having the same name and also happening to be the king of the Gerudo).
FSA Ganondorf is the TP Ganondorf reincarnated. Also Shadow Link from the same game, contains the latters thoughts and resentment towards Link.

GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Pg. 119 Shadow Link’s Trap

Quote:
•The Gerudo Thief Ganondorf’s Reincarnation

Hundreds of years passed since Ganondorf’s defeat. The relationship between the Gerudo tribe, Hyrule Kingdom was restored and peace returned.

However, a new Ganondorf was born. Ganondorf defied the laws of the Gerudo village and invaded the ancient pyramid and took the wicked weapon called the “Trident.” Then, to bring darkness over Hyrule, he stole the Mirror of Darkness from the temple in the forest.
Quote:
•Shadow Link

Created from the Mirror of Darkness, this demon is a spitting image of Link and wields a dark power. The thoughts and resentment of Ganondorf, previously defeated, traversed time and space and were born anew in the form of Link. What appeared in the Four Sword Shrine was a trap sent by Ganondorf in order to break the seal.