Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 73
Would you like to see another Zelda game set in Termina?

I think it'd be quite nice to see Termina again, say, hundreds of years later on the same Child Timeline, and we see a Termina in which Clock Town has grown more, they've had more technological advances (something which captured my eye was how far more civilized and advanced the Terminian's, and other races from Termina, were compared to their Hyrule counterparts). It could also include new areas, and give us more information on the history of Termina.

It could even be set before MM and touch more on the history of the dark tribe that created Majora's Mask and so on.
Idk, all in all, I do think it'd be fun to see Termina in a new style, giving it more depth, as it seemed to be a very nice land which had a lot of history to it which we didn't get to enjoy completely. But at the same time, it's always nice to leave it as it is, remaining a mystery in many aspects.

What do you guys think?
Last Edited by chriscrk; 01-11-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
The Groosinator
View Posts: 236
Re: Would you like to see another Zelda game set in Termina?

I wouldn't mind it, actually on that vein it would be pretty cool to be able to travel from Hyrule to Termina and back.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Brave Adventurer
View Posts: 243

Not for me. I think MM is just a 'one off', I don't think it's suited to having a follow-up. It's hard to explain but I think most fans of MM will know what I mean. Maybe seeing some references to Majora's Mask/Termina in future games would be a nice touch, but a straight sequel/prequel set in Termina I don't think would feel right.

I wouldn't necessarily be against another Termina game, but I regard Majora's Mask to be too much of a one-off to want to see its world expanded on.
2 people liked this post: Bill, EternaLegend
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGroose View Post
I wouldn't mind it, actually on that vein it would be pretty cool to be able to travel from Hyrule to Termina and back.
Or from Termina to another land, or some islands set to the far west, traveling through the Great Bay

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkypoo View Post
Not for me. I think MM is just a 'one off', I don't think it's suited to having a follow-up. It's hard to explain but I think most fans of MM will know what I mean. Maybe seeing some references to Majora's Mask/Termina in future games would be a nice touch, but a straight sequel/prequel set in Termina I don't think would feel right.

I wouldn't necessarily be against another Termina game, but I regard Majora's Mask to be too much of a one-off to want to see its world expanded on.
I know what you mean. MM is definitely in my top 3 of favourite Zelda games. It was actually the first Zelda game I ever owned. I can see how it's a "one off" game, but at the same time, I can't help but think how much more they could have added to the land and it's history if they hadn't been limited by time and other things. If anything, it's how much I love the game that makes me want to see more of it I guess.

The whole story of the ancient tribe, the history in Ikana Canyon, idk. Plus, the land could be much greater.

Idk, as I said, even though the game had plenty to it and I enjoyed it a lot, knowing that when it was developed, they were limited in time and didn't put as much time on it as they did with other major 3D games, it'd be nice to see more of it.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 PM
HylianHeroine HylianHeroine is a female United Kingdom HylianHeroine is offline
"I'm the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule."
Steam ID: Steam? What, pray tell, is "Steam"?
View Posts: 462

I personally think it would ruin the magic of Termina. The fact that he got there by accident and started a whole new adventure is perfect.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Brave Adventurer
View Posts: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Or from Termina to another land, or some islands set to the far west, traveling through the Great Bay

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I know what you mean. MM is definitely in my top 3 of favourite Zelda games. It was actually the first Zelda game I ever owned. I can see how it's a "one off" game, but at the same time, I can't help but think how much more they could have added to the land and it's history if they hadn't been limited by time and other things. If anything, it's how much I love the game that makes me want to see more of it I guess.

The whole story of the ancient tribe, the history in Ikana Canyon, idk. Plus, the land could be much greater.

Idk, as I said, even though the game had plenty to it and I enjoyed it a lot, knowing that when it was developed, they were limited in time and didn't put as much time on it as they did with other major 3D games, it'd be nice to see more of it.
I'd love to see some of the mysteries of MM answered too. What I think would allow fans to see that without a new Termina game being made is if they released a graphic novel(s) (or even a regular novel(s)) detailing things like the history of Ikana and the origin of The Fierce Deity Mask. Or even better a 'Hyrule Historia' style book which explains the mysteries of Majora's Mask much like Hyrule Historia has explained some of the mysteries regarding the franchise as a whole. It'd make an excellent compromise.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkypoo View Post
I'd love to see some of the mysteries of MM answered too. What I think would allow fans to see that without a new Termina game being made is if they released a graphic novel(s) (or even a regular novel(s)) detailing things like the history of Ikana and the origin of The Fierce Deity Mask. Or even better a 'Hyrule Historia' style book which explains the mysteries of Majora's Mask much like Hyrule Historia has explained some of the mysteries regarding the franchise as a whole. It'd make an excellent compromise.
Yeah, I guess that would be another way to give us more information about Termina and all. Hopefully there's still some info about MM in Hyrule Historia which hasn't been translated yet...
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Busy bee
Steam ID: EternaLegendEL

View Posts: 17,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianHeroine View Post
I personally think it would ruin the magic of Termina. The fact that he got there by accident and started a whole new adventure is perfect.
This.

I don't really like the idea of Link somehow returning back to Termina for another adventure. I like it just being a one off thing.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Puppetmaster

View Posts: 2,609

A Termina later in time would be nice, but only if stuff has happened wich changed the entire map (except clock town, it can just grow bigger). New temples has been built and so on. We want to explore something new.

OR (the easier alternative) they could let us explore an other part of Termina. Like a town beyond the mountains.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Poe View Post
A Termina later in time would be nice, but only if stuff has happened wich changed the entire map (except clock town, it can just grow bigger). New temples has been built and so on. We want to explore something new.

OR (the easier alternative) they could let us explore an other part of Termina. Like a town beyond the mountains.
Yeah, I'd never like to see a game which plays out in the exact same land, it'd be too boring of course.

It could expand all ways really! Further to the south of the swamp, more land/islands off the West of the Great Bay, more of the Kingdom of Ikana which we couldn't see, etc.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Think different.
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 7,886

I would only be okay with this if they changed the map and redid the locations so it would appear different. Like Hyrule from OoT to TP. Change enough so it looks fresh. Set further in time where technology has advanced more, which would have altered the landscape.

If this was the case, then I'd be all forth of this idea.

If it was the same layout, same landscape, jsut prettier graphics, then I'd say no.

Join me and like-minded ZU'ers in the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread to create a support group to inspire and motivate others to reach their health, fitness, and wellness goals!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM
A citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger
View Posts: 4,040

I have mixed feelings about it.

I'd like to know more about Termina...

...but knowing more about Termina could ruin it.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Ronin
View Posts: 555

They could easily have a sequel. That entrance to Termina never vanished. It has been there for as long as we know. Who's to say in the far future from MM some other Link found his way into the entrance to Termina? It's possible.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider Ament View Post
I would only be okay with this if they changed the map and redid the locations so it would appear different. Like Hyrule from OoT to TP. Change enough so it looks fresh. Set further in time where technology has advanced more, which would have altered the landscape.

If this was the case, then I'd be all forth of this idea.

If it was the same layout, same landscape, jsut prettier graphics, then I'd say no.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Either a time where the Termina we know is radically different (whether it's years before or after the events or MM), or a whole new Termina set beyond the borders we know from MM, some what like the new area of Hyrule we see in TP.

It would be fun if the people of clock town have moved to a new location, and re-visiting old clock town to find it in ruins or see past locations of MM abandoned

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exblade 26 View Post
Kind of hard to say, If they made another zelda game that feature Koholinit, Labyrana, World of the Ocean King, Termina. Then I would say that would be a great idea.

but since all the "alternative lands" have only been featured once, I dont think revisiting Termina would be the best idea, I would rather see a new "alternative land" than a repeat.
Yeah of course, seeing a new place all together is nicer imo, a fresh start.

But Termina could be a much bigger place than what we know, it could have more to it beyond the borders we saw in MM, and it'd already have a strong foundation to start with, what with the things we know, and don't know, about the ancient tribe, the wars in Ikana Canyon, and all that.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
I have mixed feelings about it.

I'd like to know more about Termina...

...but knowing more about Termina could ruin it.
Yeah I'm pretty much the same.
Knowing more could ruin all the mystery and theories we all have of how things came to be in Termina.

It seems like one of those places which should be left untouched so that we can be left with our imagination to fill in the voids of the things which remain unanswered.

But if done right, it could actually make Termina much more interesting!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Puppetmaster

Quote:
Yeah, I'd never like to see a game which plays out in the exact same land, it'd be too boring of course.

It could expand all ways really! Further to the south of the swamp, more land/islands off the West of the Great Bay, more of the Kingdom of Ikana which we couldn't see, etc.
Exactly. Just like the Hyrule-maps is said it can be put together. Each game just tells it's Hyrule, not the entire Hyrule. Same thing can be applied on Termina.

And I really do think that Zelda needs breaks from Hyrule once in a while. It can get too repetive otherwise. And since Termina is such an interresting and awesome land... It would be a shame to waste it.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Poe View Post
Exactly. Just like the Hyrule-maps is said it can be put together. Each game just tells it's Hyrule, not the entire Hyrule. Same thing can be applied on Termina.

And I really do think that Zelda needs breaks from Hyrule once in a while. It can get too repetive otherwise. And since Termina is such an interresting and awesome land... It would be a shame to waste it.
Yeah, we've had too much Hyrule in the 3D games already, even if they've all varied in looks and had new things to offer, we need to visit another place!
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Puppetmaster

Quote:
Yeah, we've had too much Hyrule in the 3D games already, even if they've all varied in looks and had new things to offer, we need to visit another place!
The problem with Hyrule is that it's the land of the triforce, Ganon is there and Zelda is there. When these 3 elements comes back over and over again it gets boring. So with a world without any "musts" I believe that the team can play out more. In all ways (but most of all storywise).
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Think different.
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 7,886

I would love to see Clock Town in the distant future from the events of MM. The town could be expanded upon, more buildings, more shops, at least 1 more Inn, and the 4 major areas having more influence with technology. Steam boats and a harbor at the Great Bay, mining at Snowhead, development of a community in Ikana, and The Swamp with more grassland and a village, farming.

If only if only. I could go on, but I won't get all worked up over it.

Join me and like-minded ZU'ers in the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread to create a support group to inspire and motivate others to reach their health, fitness, and wellness goals!
Last Edited by Spidey-Man; 01-12-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 01:35 AM
BaruCassanova BaruCassanova is a male United States BaruCassanova is offline
Goron
Send a message via Skype™ to BaruCassanova
View Posts: 274

Honestly, no. I love termina and MM as a whole, I just don't think they could ever make a more engaging game than MM.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 21

I would love to have Termina in another game. To learn about its history, and an elaboration of its connection to Hyrule.

After every big-shot game that has released since MM was made (talking about WW, TP, SS), I think of how Termina would look with that game's art style and characters.

But, I would not want the new Termina game to piggy back off of MM. Not another 3-days cycle. It needs a new original idea, like a 4-day cycle!