Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 56
One last Wii zelda title.

I dont know about everyone else around here, but I would like to see nintendo re-use/"recycle" SS graphical engine and controls and make one last Wii zelda title before the Wii-U comes out.

It just feels like such a waste to wait 5 years for Nintendo to work out the motion controls and graphical style to just move on and wait who knows how long for another console game.

They did it with MM on the 64 and ST for the DS, they should do it for the wii imo, and they should do it more often. Its nice that they are constantly changing it up in the name of gameplay, but 5 years for 50 hours of innovative gameplay doesnt mean much if you dont back it up with more games -to -play. Its not like zelda has much immediate replay value like smash bros, or LOLfps's, ect. I basically beat a zelda game once or twice, and shelve it for a year or three and play it again.

I personally dont believe nintendo is releasing the wii-u by the holidays next year. They already pushed the date back on it and it was just recently announced. But I digress...

While a Wii title is slim to 0 percent chance....the wii-u is backwards compatible and they have done the same thing with TP on the GC and Wii.

Maybe im just going through a SS hangover lol. I just dont see any harm in recycling everything about SS to make a new game. Does anyone feel the same?
Last Edited by 92lude; 11-25-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 07:38 PM

View Posts: 5,682
Re: One last Wii zelda title.

There's no point for them to make another title for the Wii, especially now with the Wii U fast coming. Any new console Zelda game is going to be developed for the Wii U, nuff said.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Battousai the Man Slayer
View Posts: 11,919

I honestly think that the Wii U is being very much rushed out as it is. I'd rather they delay the Wii U to late 2013 altogether.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
I honestly think that the Wii U is being very much rushed out as it is. I'd rather they delay the Wii U to late 2013 altogether.
While I would agree, they still wouldn't make a new Zelda for the Wii. Even 2013 would be a short time, and Zelda games tend to take longer than that to make.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Battousai the Man Slayer

Definitely, it would not. However, I think, instead of that, they should once again, like I said, release the Wii U in late 2013, and have the HD Zelda on launch or a few days after launch. I'd definitely sell quite a few units.
1 person liked this post: Melody
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:25 PM

I kind of disagree.

Price drops is what makes sales of consoles and handhelds go up.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:26 PM
is an alien!
View Posts: 931

I think I'd like another Majora's Mask-type game, only with the graphical engine of Skyward Sword. Another dark, eerie game. I highly doubt it'll happen, though.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 67

With the Wii U less than a year away there is no chance for another Wii Zelda title to be released. If Nintendo did this people would have less motivation to buy a Wii U because the latest zelda is not made for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
I think I'd like another Majora's Mask-type game, only with the graphical engine of Skyward Sword. Another dark, eerie game. I highly doubt it'll happen, though.
Dark and eerie doesn't really suit Skyward Sword's colourful and cartoony graphic style.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
is an alien!
View Posts: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameturkey View Post
Dark and eerie doesn't really suit Skyward Sword's colourful and cartoony graphic style.
Nah, I'm sure they could pull it off.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
The Greatest in Koridai
View Posts: 958

If Skyward Sword ends up having some legendary success, who knows? It may well happen. Reggie Fils-Aime said something along the lines of, "Well, the Wii will come to an end, but when that happens is largely dependent on how long we can rake cash out of it."

It would be easy for them to do, especially if they're going to do it like MM and reuse everything, but something tells me that it won't happen.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Disembodied Loaf Disembodied Loaf is a male United States Disembodied Loaf is offline
View Posts: 1,368

Actually, that's not too bad of an idea. But they don't have time to do it before the Wii U comes out. Still, in 2 years, a great game could be made if they were to use the same engine and graphics. Like MM.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Common Knowledge Common Knowledge is a male United States Common Knowledge is offline
Everybody knows this.
View Posts: 3,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
This so much. The Wii could have very well have had another year left in it had Nintendo not decided to ditch it this year.

I'm not impressed with the Wii U, so all I can hope is that this secrecy on it since E3 is because they're rethinking it.

Quote:
Reggie Fils-Aime said something along the lines of, "Well, the Wii will come to an end, but when that happens is largely dependent on how long we can rake cash out of it."
And they could have done exactly that for quite a while yet, had they bothered to keep supporting it.

Anyways, as for a new Zelda game for the Wii, I think it goes without saying that it's not happening.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Viajero de la Galaxia Viajero de la Galaxia is a male United States Viajero de la Galaxia is offline
The name's Lee.

View Posts: 1,941

Do we still have time for Link's Crossbow Training II?
1 person liked this post: altidefan1
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Battousai the Man Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goron Moron View Post
I kind of disagree.

Price drops is what makes sales of consoles and handhelds go up.
Yes, but it is always great to leave a good impression.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Ummayyad, bro?
View Posts: 5,856

The closer you put two games together, the crappier they are. LoZ and AoL for example. OoT and MM. The former of the two sets were amazing. The latter however...WW was a great game. They wait almost 4 years and TP is also a great game. Just a thought. I don't want to trade quality for speed.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Thief
View Posts: 272

I can't see Nintendo making another Zelda game for the Wii.

If they reuse the SS engine they might in theory be able to make another Zelda just as the Wii U is coming out.

The problem with that is that another Wii Zelda game would be up against the release of the Wii U which would affect sales for another Wii Zelda game.

It's not going to happen people.
Last Edited by Ganty; 11-25-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Anouki

I personally dont believe nintendo is releasing the wii-u by the holidays next year. They already pushed the date back on it and it was just recently announced. But I digress...

While a Wii title is slim to 0 percent chance....the wii-u is backwards compatible and they have done the same thing with TP on the GC and Wii. (I added these thoughts to my OP because I meant to express them but forgot)
Last Edited by 92lude; 11-25-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Thief
View Posts: 272

I notice that people keep using Majora's Mask as an example that Nintendo can make another Zelda game within a year. But that's not really a good example.

MM was release in 2000 a year before the Gamecube was release. If Nintendo were to release another Zelda game for the Wii it would have to be release this year to maximise profits.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Anouki

But look at twilight princess...it was released on both GC and wii. The wii-u is backwards compatible with wii motion+ controls....could easily be a launch title if the wii-u gets delayed and one last hoorah for wii owners as well.

Im not saying this is realistic, im just hoping that if not now, in the future they make it more of a common practice.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 699

Not gonna happen.