Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,789
Re: Japanese site updated! 10/14 (SPOILERS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleitheo View Post
The link from the Parella to the Zora is closer than the link from the Zora to the Rito. For starters, Parella and Zora are actually amphibians. Sure they have a largely different skeletal structure but both are amphibious water dwellers.
We don't know whether the Parella are amphibious. Unless they can fly I cann't see them leaving the water at all. Your reasoning here would say that whales must have evolved straight from fish, which isn't true at all. And look at the pictures I've presented. It looks like they said "lets see if we can make the Zora more birdlike" and did just that. They turned what was "fishy" about them into "birdish" traits, leaving it relatively the same, just changing their "theme".

Quote:
That and it is less ridiculous than Zora turning into Rito (who on earth put forwards that idea anyway? They are so vastly different in many ways, they should have replaced Laruto with a Rito equivilant)
It's not as ridiculous as you are making it out to be. They aren't "vastly" different either. Parella and Zora are "vastly" different sharing one characteristic, and that is only that they live in/around water. And actually, Zora don't live in water, while the Parella seem like they do.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
On the other hand, I do get a "Zora's Domain" vibe from Lake Floria, and if you go buy the OoT map, Zora's Domain is adjacent to the forest. In both TP and OoT, Lake Hylia is located near the desert, and I expect this to be the case in SS as well (the desert is obviously located in the province we haven't seen, I'm betting Lake Hylia is too).
I think it makes sense for "Zora's Domain" to be up in the mountains somewhere (the top right section of that province perhaps?). It wouldn't be to the south of the forest, where Lake Floria is, it would be a little to the north, which is where that section I mentioned is. And if you look at the "desert province", at the bottom right, there seems to be a flat roundish area, similar to the Lake Floria area on the map. Could this be Lake Hylia?
Last Edited by eiyuu_004; 10-16-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Sansa Stark
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:25 PM
shining like a fiery pecan

View Posts: 4,435

The Zora might live in whatever place that is at 0:16

It doesn't look very much like the other Zora Domains, but it would explain the underwater houses.
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu_004 View Post
The fins on Zora arms became the Rito wings.
No, they get them from a scale from Valoo. And what makes you think Zoras don't live in water? In TP, it was shown that without being exposed to water every so often, Zoras will die.

On a seperate note, what if some of the Hylians evolve into the Zoras? It would explain why the Zoras have Hylian ears.

...Nah.
Last Edited by spktb11; 10-16-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,358

Quote:
And look at the pictures I've presented. It looks like they said "lets see if we can make the Zora more birdlike" and did just that.
I don't know about that. The one strong commonality is the arm extensions (and maybe the projections from their head). Without a few bits of in game text or the presence of Lanayru, I doubt many people would have made this link. If their only goal was making the zora more birdlike, they probably could have done a much better job.

Regarding the Parella, we obviously don't have enough evidence yet to say whether they are related to the Zora or not. We know that they're aquatic. We know that they're friendly (and depicted alongside the Goddess). Perhaps more tellingly, we know the Zora are NOT depicted alongside the Goddess, which implies they are either not in the game or evil.

Quote:
They aren't "vastly" different either. Pareall and Zora are "vastly" different sharing one characteristic, and that is only that they live in water.
And perhaps their coloring/markings.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 10-16-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 9,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slender Man View Post
No, they get them from a scale from Valoo. And what makes you think Zoras don't live in water? In TP, it was shown that without being exposed to water every so often, Zoras will die.

On a seperate note, what if some of the Hylians evolve into the Zoras? It would explain why the Zoras have Hylian ears.
That's true of any amphibian. That doesn't mean they have to spend the majority of their time underwater, they just have to be near it.
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
shining like a fiery pecan

View Posts: 4,435

Zora's Domain could very well be where that path leads to from Skyview Temple.

They wouldn't just have a path leading to nowhere. Zoras Domain's/River's angle and size would fit perfectly there. It would also be nearly directly above the big tree in Faron Woods, just like with the GDT OoT.

Here's the OoT map for comparison.
Last Edited by Sansa Stark; 10-16-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Guardian Dragon

Quote:
No, they get them from a scale from Valoo.
Yeah, that's the in-game explanation but the design is obvious. They turned the fins into wings.

Quote:
And what makes you think Zoras don't live in water?
The fact that they don't live in water. They spend much of their time in water sure, but that doesn't mean they actually live in it. In MM their rooms were up on dry land.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok
Regarding the Parella, we obviously don't have enough evidence yet to say whether they are related to the Zora or not. We know that they're aquatic. We know that they're friendly (and depicted alongside the Goddess). Perhaps more tellingly, we know the Zora are NOT depicted alongside the Goddess, which implies they are either not in the game or evil.
We also know, as I've noted a few times, that the Parella are not the only water dwelling race from the Lake Floria trailer (watch the translated version). So apparently, even if it isn't the Zora, at least 2 of the surface races aren't represented in the intro: this other "water dwelling" race, and the Sheikah (which we know are down there)
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:46 PM

One other thing I'd like to say about the Parella. Those projections to the left and right of the central "cone" do look a bit like nascent limbs/flippers. Just a thought.

Quote:
I think it makes sense for "Zora's Domain" to be up in the mountains somewhere (the top right section of that province perhaps?). It wouldn't be to the south of the forest, where Lake Floria is, it would be a little to the north, which is where that section I mentioned is.
That is true. If this game were to be consistent with the Ocarina map, then Zora's Domain would be to the north of the forest.

I do hope you're right. I'd like for the Zora to be present in their OoT/TP model. But again, just based on the intro cut-scene, they'd probably have to be evil (which would be totally cool). Nevertheless, I still believe that they are either A.) descendants of the Parella or B.) Not in the game. I'd love to be wrong, especially because I also want to see the Gerudo (who also do not appear alongside the Goddess)

Are most people in agreement that the Kikwi to Kokiri to Korok connection is much stronger?

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,013

Hey, did anyone bring up the River Zoras? They could be the evil Zoras that aren't shown standing next to the Goddess. Though they're not the Sea Zoras, but still.
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
We also know, as I've noted a few times, that the Parella are not the only water dwelling race from the Lake Floria trailer (watch the translated version).
Really? Interesting. Could you provide a quote or link to the video and time?

#171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Guardian Dragon

At :38 - "The tribe of Parella is one of the water dwellers"

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Hey, did anyone bring up the River Zoras? They could be the evil Zoras that aren't shown standing next to the Goddess. Though they're not the Sea Zoras, but still.
I mentioned they could be enemies (I ignore the whole "river/sea" thing, lol), which seems like a fair guess, since this game is doing so much to reference older games. The Zora were some of the first enemies in the series. In ALttP they were enemies, but at the same time, you could go to Zora's Domain and talk to the King who sells you the flippers. Then in OoT they were completely friendly.

It seems like they could make the Zora like the Gerudo in OoT, hostile at first, but then after a certain point they become friendly. Maybe we save them and they feel indebted to Link/the Sky people, hence their loyalty to the Royal Family. I guess it isn't too farfetched.
Last Edited by eiyuu_004; 10-16-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I brush after every meal.
Wii U ID: KeeSomething
View Posts: 2,832

^That doesn't mean there are other tribes, just other water creatures. I figure that refers to the enemies you fight in the water.
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Guardian Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee-Something View Post
^That doesn't mean there are other tribes, just other water creatures. I figure that refers to the enemies you fight in the water.
I guess you could say that, but its a weird thing to say. Why not just say "The tribe of Parella is a water-dwelling tribe" and not say "one of the"? They don't usually reference enemies like that do they? Its just odd. And of course it doesn't definitely mean anything, but its at least evidence there could be other water dwelling tribes, enemy or no.
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Cap'n Harrie Cap'n Harrie is a female United Kingdom Cap'n Harrie is online now
Steam ID: harrie53 3DS ID: 2251-5422-5501/WispyPig

View Posts: 1,812

Quote:
Though they're not the Sea Zoras, but still.
There are no 'Sea Zoras', otherwise the Rito would not exist.

River Zoras as a name for the evil Zoras doesn't really make much sense, because both live in rivers. I suppose you could call the good/normal Zoras Lake Zoras?

this post was brought to you by a 100% authentic human being and definitely NOT a bear
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,454

He's talking about Oracle of Ages, it was the only game we see both types of Zora.
I still think they'll become the Zora because seahorses in stories by japanese authors have a habit of changing into pretty different forms.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM

I still think it would be super cool if the Zoras appeared (in their OoT/TP form) but as straight up bad guys (or at least hostile). It would be a neat reference to the earliest games when they were enemies. Plus, fighting them would be fun. And there has never really been an "evil" race in Zelda before.

That said, it wouldn't make much sense from a story perspective.

I'd have to agree that the quote is ambiguous. It could possibly imply their is another aquatic race, but it doesn't have to.

Man, this game can't come soon enough. It looks fun as hell, and I really want some answers!

Quote:
I still think they'll become the Zora because seahorses in stories by japanese authors have a habit of changing into pretty different forms.
I still think they will too. But do they resemble seahorses? Well, their face does. Their body looks like a jellyfish. Parella = Parasol + Umbrella (or jellyfish?) They're very bizarre creatures.

Last Edited by Bill; 10-16-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Supporter of the "female Link" option
View Posts: 1,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
There are no 'Sea Zoras', otherwise the Rito would not exist.

River Zoras as a name for the evil Zoras doesn't really make much sense, because both live in rivers. I suppose you could call the good/normal Zoras Lake Zoras?
Majoras Mask had the Zora living in the Great Sea. Zora Link was able to swim with no problems in both fresh and salt water. Arguing over the difference in salt and fresh water Zora is ridiculous.

Also "River Zora" are known as Zola's, check ZeldaWiki
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
But it's well known that the Japanese say their l's as r's, so really they meant Zora.

For the record, I'm kidding.

I see the Zoras from the earlier games and those introduced in OoT as fundamentally, completely unrelated characters. I think the water tribe from OoT was simply called the Zora as a reference/easter egg. I think we have to be extra careful when speculating about the older games.

Last Edited by Bill; 10-16-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Cap'n Harrie Cap'n Harrie is a female United Kingdom Cap'n Harrie is online now
Steam ID: harrie53 3DS ID: 2251-5422-5501/WispyPig

View Posts: 1,812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleitheo View Post
Majoras Mask had the Zora living in the Great Sea. Zora Link was able to swim with no problems in both fresh and salt water. Arguing over the difference in salt and fresh water Zora is ridiculous.

Terminan Zoras =/= Hylian Zoras.

If Zoras could live in the sea, why did they evolve into the Rito? I was under the impression that they evolved because they couldn't live there.

this post was brought to you by a 100% authentic human being and definitely NOT a bear
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Hylian
View Posts: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu_004 View Post
I guess you could say that, but its a weird thing to say. Why not just say "The tribe of Parella is a water-dwelling tribe" and not say "one of the"? They don't usually reference enemies like that do they? Its just odd. And of course it doesn't definitely mean anything, but its at least evidence there could be other water dwelling tribes, enemy or no.
It said "The tribe of Parella is one of water dwellers", which means something completely different than "The tribe of Parella is one of the water dwellers".
The latter implies there are other water dwellers, the former implies that the tribe consists of water dwellers, without talking about others.
Since, in this case, the former is used, the Parella are probably the only aquatic race in the game.

Tags
japan, site, skyward, sword, zelda