Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 158
Idea for new Zelda Game

Not sure where this fits into the timeline or anything, but using Termina as the setting as it has more creative possibilities for change and stuff, whereas Hyrule is pretty much set in stone and hard to work with. Obviously the landscapes and stuff will be different, it won't be EXACTLY the same as the N64 Termina, but the general layout will be similar.

You start around 7 years after Majora's Mask, the Hero of Time is called to Termina, a land in extreme turmoil, due to the emergence of an evil Gerudo sorceress (female, not Ganondorf). She has turned the whole Gerudo side of the ocean into her fortress, and locked the Sun away in another dimesion (in a similar way Majora called the Moon towards Termina).

As the Sun no longer shines on Termina, the world is even more twisted and weird than it was already, and the Guardian giants have been destroyed by the sorcerres. With no one to call on, the ''forces that be'' have summoned Link to rescue the land.

I imagine Clock Town to be a lot larger in this, mroe like a Venice style city, with twisitng canals and lots of dingy backstreets. This game is going to be grander in scale than MM.

Link is going to be transported into Clock Town, althoug hthe people at first are going to be very paranoid and wary of him (as any country is paranoid of strange people during tiems of crisis). The first quest would be to have Link prove himself to the people by retriving some relic or something to show the people that he can lead their forces against evil.

The main bulk of the game will invovle thefour provinces of Woodfall, SNowhead, Great Bay and Ikana.

The Woodfall story would revolve around trying to get the stereotypically weak Deku race to realise the threat their world is at, and trying to get them onboard to fightthe evil in Termina. Completeing the dungeon there would convince them to fight for the cause, after which point you would see various Deku solider, weapons etc in Clock Town.

The Goron's need no persuassion, they're perfectyl capable and up for war, but the Goron Horn (like a horn you blow on to make a loud nosie in mediveal war) has been stolen by a creature sent by the sorceress (this creature would naturally be the dungeon boss). As this horn is needed to call Gorons, fro mall over the land, to arms, Link needs to retrive this. As with Woodfall, after completion, Goron forces will make thier presence felt around Clock Town.

The Zoras of Great Bay would also help, but due to their vicinity to the Gerudo fortress, the water has been poisioned and the Zora race has become weak and diesased. Link must cure the waters of Great Bay (by finishing the dungeon) in order to heal the Zora race and enlist their help.

After these three, Link is convinced that Clock Town has adequete defence agains tthe Gerudo Sorceress and her troops. But the mask Salesman (the closest thing to an all knowing ''wise man'' in Termina) fears this will not be enough. He suggets Link enters the valley of the dead (Ikana) in order to defeat evil. Link goes there, and awakens the spirits of the land (ala Aaragon in LOTR) by completeing the dungeon. Afterwards, the forces of the Ikana Kingdom (Garos, zombies) etc, to the aid of Clock Town.

The next part if the final climax, the Great War of Clock Town. Despite the huge armies mustered, the Gerudo Sorceress and her forces manage to destory and occupy Clock Town. Link finds his weapons cannot defeat the sorceress, and although there are losses on both sides, evil entually envelopes Clock Town.

Link and some remaining forces flee to Roamni Ranch, which becomes a stronghold of the resistance of Termina. Link is dismayed over his inability to defeat the sorceress and save Termina, and fears all is lost. Overnight, Link sleeps, and enctounters Zelda in a dream. She suggests that perhaps the evil in Termina is not that different to the one he combated seven years ago, and that perhaps the onyl way to vanquish it from the land is with the sowrd of evil's bane (Master Sword). You have to enter the Passage of Time, hidden beneath the Clock Tower in order to cross into Hyrule and retrive the blade. You complete a Fith, effective final, hardest dungeon beneath Clock Tower in order to reach the passage. (To get to the Clock Tower, a stealth section would be required to navigate the now Gerudo contolled Clock Town). You defeat the boss if the Clock Tower, cross the Passage, only to find that the Master Sword os already gone. Link fears the worst, and warps back to Romani Ranhc, where the final battle, and the final boss (evil Gerudo socrceress) is mouting. You fight a huge battle again, full of huge, evil monsters, Gerudo warriors and stuff, only to confront the sorceress once again. You think you cannot defeat her, when Link gets a vision of Zelda again. She says she took the sword herself, as the forces of evil were conspiring of a way to take it for themselves (don't ask he how). She whispers ''Have Courage'', and a huge Triforce sign appears i nthe sky. The Master Sword plummets throug hthe sky and lands in the ground right next to Link. You pick up the sword and begin the final fight.

That's the general idea really. Of course there will be side quests and stuff, but thats's the general idea I guess. It would be cool to have characters like an Adult Kafei and stuff comadning the forces of Clock Town (he IS the Mayor's son, maybe even the actual mayor now afterall). These touches would be great for fans of MM, and I htin jthe game woudl be pretty good.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 158
Re: Anyone got any ideas for a cool new Zelda game?

ok maybe nto a horn or something, I was just throwing ideas out there. Really any reason to get the different races onboard. TI think the general jist of what I was saying is more important than the specifics.

And 5 dungeons isn't a problem seeing as MM had 4.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 12
Smile Anyone got any ideas for a cool new Zelda game?

Hey peeps! I'm new here and I just want to ask you people if you have any cool new ideas for Zelda! Would be nice if you wrote out all the details but that might be long so.....any ideas?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 PM
zeldafan12z zeldafan12z is a female United States zeldafan12z is offline
-
View Posts: 507

Hey!! Welcome to the site! If you have any questions let me know!

My only idea for a future game is one with so many sidequests a 100% is a huge ordeal! But completeing the longest quests gives you actual combat items, just like the biggoron sword in OoT! And a game with an anti hero that arises because of some plot twist, and shows up every once in a while in random area's outside temples to face you, always getting away but not before revealing something new.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Deku Scrub
I do.....mabey

Well I don't have any good ideas but this might work. Ok so the story starts with Link as a villager, much like Twilight Princess, in a village called Brewsville . Anyways, Link does the reglar things, some of the villages ask Link for some help and he helps them. Then after the last chore, link is invited into some old guys house. He tells him a story about the Triforce, and tells him he already has one. Link is shocked. The old guy tells link to go to Hyrule to learn more. . So Link goes to Hyrule. Much like TP as well, he gets ambushed. Not by twilight beasts, but by goblins. He does not know how to fight yet so he gets captured easily. They take Link to a jail, much like TP (I'm using alot from TP) and then the goblins who are guarding Link's cell are busted by smoke. Then you hear screaming. A golden warrior (Darknut ) kills all the warriors and breaks Links jail cell. He gives him a sword and shield. He trains him. Later later later blah blah blah I don't want to right more. Let me just get to the quick point.

First Temple: EARTH TEMPLE( Jesus christ we have Fire,water, and air but no earth???)
Mini Boss: A g iant rock golem (Rock Gohma from Spirit Tracks. Warrior mode, not stalker)
Item Drop: The drill spear(A spear with a drill for a head-Works the same as a bomb. You throw the spear(it has a chain on it) and it breaks super hard rock. And possibly specific points where bombs can't hit)
Boss: A giant rock golem. Look at Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ice Titan. Ice Titan Rock mode-not exact look possible different points.
Weakness: He has some soft(er) rock on his body where you have to throw your spear in it to break it. After all the wholes are destroyed, He sheds his skin and becomes a skinny rock goblin, still same height. He creates a rock hammer out of his hand and smashes you. I'm rewriting this.

BOSS DETAILS
Look: Castlevania Ice Titan looking, not exact. After skin shed, giant goblin with hammer for hand.
Threat Level: 4
Abilities: Rock Mode: Smash 1 heart Swipe 1/2 heart Slam with both hands 1 heart Multiple Slams(After broken body) 1 heart per
Shed Abilities: Throw rock 1 heart Hammer Smash 1 heart Hammer swipe 1 heart
Weakness: Skin: Shoot drill spear at softer rock spots. The spots are MUCH lighter. His whole skin is super dark.
Shed: Drill spear his chest or his head. After he attacks, he will either hold his head or take his hammer and cover his chest.
Dead: He shakes a little bit. Squigles. Freezes. BOOOOOM! Rocks fly everywhere

TEMPLE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will write temple 2 next time.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Temple Two. The Ancient Ruins (Stone Temple Basically)
I should name my game The Elemental Ruins or something
Now onto the data. I don't wanna write how you get there.

Ancient Ruins
Mini Boss: Stone Brick
Details: Stone Brick????? Ok when you enter the mini boss area, you see a giant stone wall in front of you. Its just there, not connected to the other.....walls. It shakes and falls on you like a Womp Womp from mario. You avoid it. Next thing you know, your running around trying to avoid not getting pulverlised by this wall. You use the drill spear to knock it down after it falls down. Keep doing it until it falls backwards. Go right onto it and drill down on it's stomache. There will be a button that says DRILL DOWN. After you do that a few times the wall explodes and what do you see? You see an ancient warrior (Darknut XD ) With a giant hammer. It is the colour of the reflecting shield in WW. Anyways, when he slams down on you, avoid it and slash at him. Pretty easy fight until he dies. When he dies, he explodes and rock shards fly everywhere, scraping you for a half heart. The hammer is on the floor
Item: THE BIG HAMMER
Boss:A flying rock.
Details: The rock flies at you. It spins it rolls it does all sorts of crazy stuff at you. You use the hamer and play baseball. SLAM him into the wall. After a few times the rock grows spikes. Avoid the ball. After a while, it stops and it leaves you time to go right up to it and slam it. Avoid the spikes. He grrows 4 more spikes. After he falls again, he stays on the floor and on the sides of the rock, wings grow. (Rock Rok!!!!) It flies at you. Final phase. Your job is to slam it when it coems to you. It won't fall though, the wings are you strong for it. But when you slam it, it stops for a moment, perfect for you to climb on to him. Hammer won't work . So =D. Anyways, you climb on to it and it flies. You job is to cut of its wings. After one wing is cut off, it swirls all around and you stick your sword into it. Hold on tight until it craches in to a wall. When it falls down, cut off the other wing. Hammer it down. It grows cracks in it, light comes out of the cracks, and a heart container comes out!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
trinest.com
Steam ID: trinest
View Posts: 2,453

I have a few ideas as to how the series should evolve but in my mind detailing them would be a waste of time, so I don't develop the ideas.

But essenicaly I want Zelda games to return to their core and grow more exploration and mystery surrounding the areas. I would have the dougens feel abandoned, maybe have certain items not work anymore etc. Just have that sence that Link is lost in a world which what he is doing may not be the right thing.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinest View Post
I have a few ideas as to how the series should evolve but in my mind detailing them would be a waste of time, so I don't develop the ideas.

But essenicaly I want Zelda games to return to their core and grow more exploration and mystery surrounding the areas. I would have the dougens feel abandoned, maybe have certain items not work anymore etc. Just have that sence that Link is lost in a world which what he is doing may not be the right thing.
That is very interesting.
I also think it would be interested to see a Zelda game return to previous areas, like possibly an OOT world but obviously more expanded or something.
It would also be aWESOME to return to Clock town.

Anything really, I just want some nostalgia, at least make it PART of the game since everybody needs a little change
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 179

I love discussing prospective game ideas. How's this sound: A Zelda MMO.

The setting is an era of Hyrule where adventurers wander the landscape in search of treasure. Hyrule is split into major regions, each with several major dungeons and cities that help define the progress of your adventure. Instead of dealing with a major villain like Ganon, the focus of the story is on smaller problems that plague the peoples of Hyrule.

To start, you choose a name, race, and weapon for your character. There are six races to choose from:

Hylian
Sheikah
Goron
Zora
Kokiri
Gerudo

You can tweak their appearance and build, as well as choose their gender (except for Gorons and Gerudo, who only have male and female variations respectively). Afterward, you choose a Job. Now Jobs don't work in Zelda like they do in, say, World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XI. All players have the same choice of weapons and tools. Instead, Jobs define your passive role in the game's player-to-player economy. There are three kinds of Job:

Weaponsmith - upgrades melee weapons and produces bombs, arrows, and other types of munition
Tailor - upgrades armor and produces charms, which are basically one-use powerups
Alchemist - creates potions and other bottled goods from ingredients

This way, players get a sense of individuality while at the same time they aren't left waiting for parties to pick them up so they can participate in dungeon raids and the like. The key lies in making the Jobs a passive concept that doesn't affect the core gameplay, but does encourage player interactivity outside the combat and puzzle-solving environments.

This comes complete with a shop system where players can sell or trade their products or even package them in gifts for friends. The player defines the price for a particular item, which can consist of Rupees, ammunition for weapons such as Arrows and Bombs, miscellaneous trading goods, or even a mixture of any of the above. Of course, the game has built-in stores that buy and sell in Rupees, as well as specialty stores that deal with other select items.

Other features include minigames for earning prizes and arenas where players can test their mettle against each other. These include horse races, archery contests, Goron Rock Bowling, competitive fishing, swimming races, treasure hunts, and classics such as a Hyrulean variety of Mah-Jong.

And of course, the core experience of exploring dungeons as well as the wilderness surrounding them remains intact. There are single player and multiplayer varieties of dungeon so players are never left without dungeon crawling options.
Last Edited by Miles; 10-10-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason:
3 people liked this post: asirusas, Her Grace, Yohanzor
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Deku Scrub
Angry Zelda Rage

You know, I love Zeld a games and all but there is ONE thing I HATE to no end.

ZELDA!!! JUST KISS LINK! HOW HARD IS IT TO KISS HIM? HE FREAKING SAVES YOU FROM MULTIPLE CREATURES AND EVIL LORDS LIKE GANONDORF AND GIRIHAM/DEMIS! WHY WON'T YOU KISS HIM!? THE CREATORS HAD ALL THESE GOOD IDEAS, BUT THEY DID NOT MAKE A CUTSCENE WHERE ZELDA KISSES LINK? SAD]

JUST KISS HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edited by Uperbluber24; 11-24-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: MajorasWrath1
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Balthier Bunansa Balthier Bunansa is a female British Antarctic Territory Balthier Bunansa is offline
Half as cool, but twice as badass
Steam ID: Elegance does not stoop.
View Posts: 2,281

Miles, that's exactly what I want to see from Zelda.

Yes, Link and Zelda should kiss sometime. Why the hell he didn't kiss her after Malladus still baffles me.

What else do you need me to say?
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7

Game and story idea:

The Legend Of Zelda: Future's Wake.

2000 years after the events of skyward sword. An 18 year old man named Mikail moves to Neo Hyrule to start a career as a scientist, after completing a diploma in physics at Ordon University.

Soon after he applies to a job dealing with temporal theory at Domain Laboratories (formaly the Temple of Time), he encounters Princess Zelda who is funding the research.

After a meeting between Zelda and the head scientists, a race called the "Shalara" attacks the lab and finds a way to go back in time. The Shalarans go back to the time to disrupt the bloodline of Princess Zelda, thus changing the future government of Neo Hyrule, claming it as their own, ruling under an iron fist.

After a change in the timeline, Mikail somehow retains his memories from the old timeline thanks to a stone that he kept around his neck. This stone has the ability to bend time and was said to be from the Lanayru provence.

Now it is up to Mikail to go back and fix the damage that the Shalarans have done, but he needs help from the hero of legend's past..... Link.

And on his quest, Mikail discovers a long lost part of his bloodline that can one day give him great power..... But at what cost?
Last Edited by EternalSaber; 11-25-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Hello, Newman!
View Posts: 1,049

A "Female Link."

Only her name is Zelda, but she's not a helpless princess. Instead, she's a warrior. In this one, there is no Link.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 07:11 AM
cloneofshadow cloneofshadow is a male United States cloneofshadow is offline
*Placeholder Title*
Send a message via Skype™ to cloneofshadow
View Posts: 1,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
A "Female Link."

Only her name is Zelda, but she's not a helpless princess. Instead, she's a warrior. In this one, there is no Link.

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon Walkthrough Part 01 - Aru Ainu - Sakado - YouTube
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Hello, Newman!
View Posts: 1,049

Yeah, umm...I was kinda thinking something along the lines of a not-crap official Zelda game.
Last Edited by Fatal; 11-25-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason:
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to Hey! Listen!
View Posts: 258

Ni no Kuni PS3 Trailer - YouTube

That's what studio ghibli was able to pull off with current gen hardware in the "cel shading" category. You could, if done well with great artistic direction as we know Nintendo is capable of, thereotically make a game look like you were playing a comic or cartoon.

Now I'm not talking about the Wind Waker style. I think a style like this would work amazing if you were to take say, the ALTTP art style and bring it to life (like the old 1990s zelda comics) or something. But done a little better, more crisp. Make the art not a kid Link, but a full grown link...

I think it would look amazing on the Wii U, personally.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Deku Scrub
Arrow

There was a post here about proffessions and choosing your characters right? Well I wouldn't really do that. Link is like....an elf. I don't think we should choose races and proffesions. I jst don't feel that would be good. I dunno its just a feeling that I can't explain.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Deku Scrub
Ideas

I find the new Zelda Skyward Sword idea interesting. With all the elements and bosses from other Zelda games. This is by far the greatest Zelda game ever in my opinion, but we could use more ideas c’mon be creative here. Ghiriham? Ok. Scaldera? Not bad. Moldarch? Really?
The Imprisoned? Ok that was cool The Ancient Cistern Thing? Interesting. Tentalus? Awful.

Lets get back here. When you finish the Earth Temple you find Zelda and then that B**** tells you no! You cannot come! You are late and Zelda could have been captured by the enemy if I had not come. What a b****! We were doing….stuff. You can jump over places carrying Zelda while we have to use our brains, figure out everything, and get all the keys and not being able to jump. You know, F*** you Impa.

Ok rage up here. Now what I want to say right now is, how about making a completely new game with only a few monsters/enemies from the previous games and make BRAND NEW CREATURES. I have seen like 75% of Skyward Sword’s monsters from previous. And the bosses, they were fun. Yes they were. But I still have a problem doing something OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Like Phantom Hourglass. I F***ING HATE THAT OCEAN KING TEMPLE! And in Skyward Sword, I have a problem with The Imprisoned. I said it was cool because of the fight, but this is basically monster version of Phantom Ocean Temple. Do that temple uhhh what…..4 times? No 5 times. You fight The Imprisoned? 4 times. 3 Imprisons 1 Demise. And Molarch. I mean Come on. Ghiriham 1st time was stronger. All you do is wait for the claws to open and then KA-CHING. I had troubles –And I know some friends of mine who also did too- with the time when he just runs up to you and SLASH. It is SOOOO annoying. The temple was easy, Mining Facility wasn’t. Ghiriham was 50% hard but Moldarch for me? 10%. For me. Ghiriham, the first and final boss, who is stronger than the two next bosses, that’s not right. I am pretty sure the First boss is suppose to be weaker than the next two. I am sure that some of you might disagree, that Ghiriham was easy, but this is my opinion and the opinion of human beings are important. If they thing that the first boss is harder than the next two, something is wrong.

Come on really?
Ghiriham looks like a retard.
Btw this is a rage comment, not ideas.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2011, 03:01 AM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,650

I think it should be a story about where Link is a knight of Hyrule and it should be during the Interloper War. The Interlopers are gaining power and the Hylians are getting uneasy, but they don't think they can handle the problem by themselves.

So Princess Zelda sends out Link as an emissary to each of the other races to gain their cooperation. But Link must prove to the other races the Hylian power and their willingness to help their own race.

Kokiri- Forest Temple. The Kokiri are a race of children who never age. However, because of this they are susceptible to attacks. They are close to nature and can bend it to their will fairly sufficiently but they have trouble when they are dealing with melee attacks so they want a place where they will be safe. Link must beat a lot of monsters, claim a land for the Kokiri and this is where the Great Deku Tree appears. Link gets the Great Deku Tree seed from the root of an abandoned temple and has it blessed by the Goddesses.

Gorons- The Gorons are hungry and they need a new place to mine rocks. Except the place they want to mine is protected by a monster. Again. Link needs to defeat this monster and make the mining area safe for the Gorons.

Zora- They are currently having a leader election. Princess Ruto's ancestor is one of the participants and currently sides with joining the Hylians. However, a militant competitor has sabotaged him and you must find out who it was, and go through a trying tasks to expose the theme. In the boss battle you will team up with the Zora ancestor.

Sheikah- Currently with the Hylians. However, they had a defection in their forces and wish to stop them before they turn their back on the rest of the tribe. Link must help Impa, the guardian of Zelda, find the defective Sheikah before they can cause any harm to the Hylian's cause.

Gerudo- The Gerudo actually want to join the coalition because the Interlopers have been infringing on their land. However, their leader had went to go on a spiritual journey to find an answer to the problem and hasn't come back since. Since the leader's decision is law, Link must travel to the desert and rescue/bring back the leader before anything can be done.

The final battle would be between the Interlopers and the army of Hyrule. This would help set in motion the events to Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
1 person liked this post: gamer of time
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Xena: Warrior Princess
View Posts: 677

- Industrialized metropolis Hyrule.

- More adult plot.

- Political intrigue, like in Final Fantasy XIII.

- Fully connected world like in the old Gameboy games.

- Early 20s Link and Zelda. Maybe they could actually kiss briefly.

But that's just what I would like. I'm sure there will be 500 people who strongly disagree. haha
2 people liked this post: Dovakiin, Matteo453
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
I am human and I need to be loved. Just like everbody else does!
Send a message via AIM to Slade Send a message via Skype™ to Slade
View Posts: 233

I've always had the idea of making a zelda game that you could choose to be zelda or link. Another idea I've had was to tell a zelda games story from gannons view point.

Tags
game, idea, skyward sword 2 theory, zelda