Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
The Princess Zelda The Princess Zelda is a female United States The Princess Zelda is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 76
Exclamation What if Link gets captured and Zelda is the hero?

OK. I think that there should be a game where Ganondorf finds out that Link has the triforce of courage, and, instead of capturing ZELDA, he captures LINK. Follow me? So, ZELDA has to save Link, and it's just a gr8 journey of how Zelda\Sheik rescues an old friend. Sheik could be in it, because there would be some Sheik levels, where you have 2 be Sheik. It would be ALMOST exactly like normal! What do ya'll think?

:mastahswor d:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

It would be cool, wouldn't it?
2 people liked this post: Luna Tique, Princess Hilda
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981
Re: What if Link gets captured and Zelda is the hero?

I think you're thinking of this:

I was tempted to close this thread, but I think the premise is enticing enough to keep open. Does anyone else think they'd like a game where Zelda was actually the main character and Link was in captivity? Either for part or all of the game - doesn't matter which.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Most everyone's mad here.

View Posts: 2,554

Kinda like this?

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I wasn't born yesterday it just looks like this
View Posts: 1,151

i think a game featuring zelda/sheik (mainly skeik) would probably sell. just dont make it about zelda saving link. if it featured sheik individually i think that would be better. maybe show her side of ooT. what she did durring the 7 years link was asleep, and while he was on his adventure in ooT. and the could tie it up with the final battle in ooT i mean sheik is pretty much an ooT exclusive character so some sort of tie in to the original would be almost neccessary.

Maybe after zelda sends link back to his childhood, ganon comes back and zelda has to fight him again and finally banishes him for the time up untill WW. that would tie in nicely with explaining how ganon excaped the sacred realm in WW by showing he was able to get out once before on zelda right after link was sent back. At the same time it would elaborate well on ooT's ending. but i doubt nintendo will do anything like that as they rarely tie zelda games together that elaborately. they have a tendancy to simply move on to a new story.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,855

Retro was assigned to make a Zelda/Sheik game, actually... Not with her saving Link, but it was supposed to take place during Link's 7-year absence, with Assassin's Creed-styeld gameplay.

It was cancelled though.
Last Edited by An Hero of Time; 03-14-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 142

I don't really like the idea at all, in my opinion. It is, in my words, Un-Zelda. And I don't consider the CD-I games Zelda games. And... That is my opinion. No. I do not want it. I would hate it if they did.
Last Edited by Dusk Dog; 03-14-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: You have found my secret message!  So...  How's it going? Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Descendant of Villainy
Send a message via ICQ to Polychrome Send a message via AIM to Polychrome Send a message via Yahoo to Polychrome
View Posts: 693

I think the closest thing they'll ever give us to playable Zelda is Spirit Tracks.

That said, I was thankful they at least tried. I liked the game overall.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss-Budget View Post
Retro was assigned to make a Zelda/Sheik game, actually... Not with her saving Link, but it was supposed to take place during Link's 7-year absence, with Assassin's Creed-styeld gameplay.

It was cancelled though.
*ahem
SOURCE?

If they do make a game where Zelda is the one being played it would be interesting to have Link swapped to a prince and knight Hylian figure (Zeldon), while Zelda retains Link's commoner position (Linka). Maybe adding a little bit of a tomboyish personal to her, kinda like tetra except less extreme.
Last Edited by Greenzxy; 03-14-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 09:24 PM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenzxy View Post
*ahem
SOURCE?

Was just a rumor back in '07-o8, and it wasn't brought up again until recently.

GoNintendo - RUMOR - Nintendo once had interest in Retro doing a Sheik game?
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP, AStinkToThePast
View Posts: 3,633

I can't see that happening... unless it was just a minor part of the game... for example, Child Link gets locked up(like he did in WW), and then you have to use Zelda to maneuver her way through the dungeon and unlock the door.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Disembodied Loaf Disembodied Loaf is a male United States Disembodied Loaf is offline
View Posts: 1,375

The game name, "Legend of Link", just wouldn't sell. I mean, many people still think the main character is named Zelda.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosgni View Post
"If Ganon could capture Link, why wouldn't he just kill the man instead? That's what he always TRIED to do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon, TWW
Do not fear. I will not kill you...
I merely have need of the power that dwells
within you.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP, AStinkToThePast
View Posts: 3,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disembodied Loaf View Post
The game name, "Legend of Link", just wouldn't sell. I mean, many people still think the main character is named Zelda.
It doesn't have to be called "Legend of Link". It would still be Zelda's legend, but this time, the legend would be about how she rescued him.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,288

I think it'd make a nice spinoff. At least have a game where you're able to play both Zelda and Link in their own storymodes.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Lazer_Falcon Lazer_Falcon is a male United States Lazer_Falcon is offline
Chicken Murderer
View Posts: 853

I don't think it would work. The reason Link is the hero is because he has the Triforce of Courage. Thus, he can face all evil and prevail.

A heroine who uses the Triforce of...Wisdom to heroically rescue Link? Nah.

What's she gonna do, read scripture to defeat Gannon?
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Da, da, da dah!
View Posts: 250

I think it would be fun to play a game like that. Kind of like a Metroid game, but with Zelda instead of Samus and medievalish instead of futurish. Who knows, it is a great concept and I wouldn't mind playing a game like that, especially if it showed us what happened during the 7 years Link was asleep in OoT.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Being a lunatic isn't enough
View Posts: 1,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hog View Post
Kinda like this?

Maybe, but Zelda would probably have much better weapons. I mean come on, Peach uses her EMOTIONS. WTF?
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 323

I'd really like to see a more powerful Zelda.
Zelda usually is depicted rather weak.
Even at Super Smash Bros she is one of the weakest characters along with ice climbers.
I think it would be interesting to play game as Zelda,or at least see Zelda doing something except than staying in place without doing anything until she's kidnapped.
I am all for a more powerful depiction of Zelda.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,789

the problem is, Link is just some kid... and Zelda is one of the most important people in Hyrule and holder of some mystical sacred power. What reason would Zelda have to risk her life going to save some random kid from an outlying village? Its a little ridiculous... even if it had to do with the triforce... it would be stupid for Zelda to go out and risk her life, being the heir to the throne and all that... someone else would have to be the one to go defeat Ganon or whoever, to save Hyrule, because that is her place. Not because she's a girl/woman... but because of who she is in that society. Ganon would be after her more than anyone. The reason Link is able to do what he does is because Ganon is not ever after him. He is just some random kid that doesn't mean anything to anyone "important", and comes unlooked for to rise against whatever evil is threatening Hyrule............ I mean, it would have to be some kind of crappy spin-off. Like Link and Zelda (after one of the existing games) are on some lame picnic when Link is taken away by a ghost spider, and Zelda has to go get him back..... it would be so forced... (not just my atrocious example, but Zelda saving Link in almost any situation. It would come off as "HEY! We're trying to make something fresh and new by switching things around! Silly Link getting captured! 'LISTEN!!".... lol
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2011, 02:36 AM
I wasn't born yesterday it just looks like this
View Posts: 1,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithinos View Post
I'd really like to see a more powerful Zelda.
Zelda usually is depicted rather weak.
Even at Super Smash Bros she is one of the weakest characters along with ice climbers.
I think it would be interesting to play game as Zelda,or at least see Zelda doing something except than staying in place without doing anything until she's kidnapped.
I am all for a more powerful depiction of Zelda.
I thought sheik was pretty good in SSB. zelda wasn't necessarily the best, but she wasn't the weakest either in SSB.

zelda usually is shown as very bold (albiet thats usually only when she's in disguise and she is presented as somewhat of a damsel in distress once revealed as the princess). But she is always strong willed. she is just usually a bit physically disadvantaged which is where links courage comes in. but as sheik and tetra she is presented as quite bold and a natural born leader. she doesn't need to be all that physically strong as long as she can hold her own. its ok that shes a bit overwhelmed by the tremendous because shes wise enough to team up with link. and i like her being a bit of a damsal as well cause it gives link motivation to help her out a bit.