Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,172
Sounds like we'll have mini-dungeons

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-n...w-plot-detail/

After reading the recent article, it sounds like were going to enter a dungeon just to get our sword back. This sounds like were going to have some mini-dungeons and not just regular dungeons.

I wonder how big these types of dungeons will be and if there will be more of a reason to enter a dungeon.
Maybe someone will be kidnapped and thrown into a dungeon and that's the only reason you need to head inside. That would be kind of fun to me.

What do you think these mini-dungeons will be like?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM
#notallmen

View Posts: 5,917
Re: Sounds like we'll have mini-dungeons

Not necessarily mini-dungeons. At least that didn't pop up in my mind.
What I got as the main idea is that SS may actually be presenting a fresh approach to game progression or a distinct dungeon formula.
Many of us were hoping for actual quests taking place in the middle of the overworld or similar, and it looks like we may be getting just that. It also looks like dungeons will be offering new challenges. I hope SS really does have unorthodox and unpredictable locales. The article really does get my hopes up for that.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Haste the OMGTREE!!!
View Posts: 436

I feel like this could either work out to make SS really distinct and awesome... or it could just not work out at all and make the game suck a lot. I just hope that if this is what they do they still keep some dungeons with the classic structure

Where Bluebirds Fly

Zeldas Completed: TP, OoT, PH

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
#notallmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibsen View Post
I feel like this could either work out to make SS really distinct and awesome... or it could just not work out at all and make the game suck a lot. I just hope that if this is what they do they still keep some dungeons with the classic structure
Many people like myself are complaining about SS looking too much like TP and games before it. To hear that SS may actually be an entirely new LoZ game is great news.
I'm not too optimistic yet, however. I'm not so sure if SS will move far away from the aLttP/OoT formula, and I wouldn't worry if I was a LoZ purist. The game still looks like it's going to be a WW/TP-esque experience.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
Many people like myself are complaining about SS looking too much like TP and games before it. To hear that SS may actually be an entirely new LoZ game is great news.
I'm not too optimistic yet, however. I'm not so sure if SS will move far away from the aLttP/OoT formula, and I wouldn't worry if I was a LoZ purist. The game still looks like it's going to be a WW/TP-esque experience.
I don't see any reason to complain about it looking like past Zeldas. It should, it's a Zelda game If you are bored of that, than it is time to move on. Besides we saw a short demo that's not even in the real game.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
#notallmen

Hi, firepoet. Welcome to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepoet View Post
I don't see any reason to complain about it looking like past Zeldas.
Associate that with TP syndrome. What's one of the biggest TP issues? It's often argued that TP is the blunt attempt to imitate the OoT experience, and that the result was playing through a very stale formula.

Quote:
It should, it's a Zelda game If you are bored of that, than it is time to move on.
Move on to what?

Quote:
Besides we saw a short demo that's not even in the real game.
It's safe to criticize the demo which probably reflects a lot of the final product. The demo presents gameplay that resembles WW and TP with the twist of the WM+. That's very underwhelming for those who were expecting a new kind of Zelda (relates to TP being the last of its kind, etc).
But some of the Aonuma interviews are revealing more about SS, and it looks like it will be offering many new things to the series. SS might just depart the stale OoT formula, even if it doesn't look that way so far.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Haste the OMGTREE!!!
View Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNIS View Post
yeah I doubt they will screw it up. but there is always that chance. I just hope it doesn't try to do too many new things that don't work well

Where Bluebirds Fly

Zeldas Completed: TP, OoT, PH