Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#201 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:24 PM
A SPARK IN THE DARK A SPARK IN THE DARK is a male Switzerland A SPARK IN THE DARK is offline
Banned User
View Posts: 219
Re: Skyward Sword General Discussion V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_princess98 View Post
Am I the only one who is really going to miss the graphics of TP? Those graphics drew me into the series.. and I really liked the whole dark theme to the game.
Skyward Sword looks like it's going to have a more easy-going storyline.. and personally I really dislike this new look of Zelda.
Your not the only one. But if you watch the trailer 16 times or so it gets better, but your right, the story line makes it looks like link is on a mission to save a bunny from a farmer rather than Zelda from Ganon.

The stalfos looks AWESOME though...
  #202 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 325

If Nintendo wanted to go for an artistic visual style, they should have looked to Okami for inspiration. Not only does it capture the "painted" feel well, it moves incredibly smoothly and looks downright beautiful.
  #203 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,165

Looks great!! I dont know why people are complaining about the graphics style.. suits the game well in my opinion. I think it will be truly a great game by the time they are done =]
Last Edited by zeldaa__g; 06-16-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason:
  #204 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
♫ It's the end of the world as we know it! ♫
View Posts: 9,440

Or, here's an idea, make combat difficult so we actually use our bows and stuff on a regular basis. As is, pretty much any enemy can be taken down with the sword at close range, so there is no point in wasting arrows.
If combat was difficult, however, I might use my bow frequently. I might run out of arrows and have to rely on the slingshot. Or I might learn through playing that the slingshot works better it some situations. The problem isn't having multiple range weapons, it's being too easy to need ranged weapons at all.
  #205 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,165

I dont mind as long that they have more new exciting items to add to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
If Nintendo wanted to go for an artistic visual style, they should have looked to Okami for inspiration. Not only does it capture the "painted" feel well, it moves incredibly smoothly and looks downright beautiful.
I agree the visuals in Okami are really nice to look at but i think they have done a good enough job with skyward sword as well. As it seems, they are trying to mix in the styles we saw in TP and WW so it cant look too much like Okami.
Last Edited by Melpomene; 06-16-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason:
  #206 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

Lol...three girls posting in a row.

I really like how this trailer shows the combat. Link attacks like...super fast. I wonder how badly I'll abuse that.
Last Edited by Zeldablue777; 06-16-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason:
  #207 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM

C-c-combo breaker! xD

Yeah, that video is pretty awesome. SS Link is now officially the greatest sword fighter out of all of them.
  #208 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Link_I_Gannon Link_I_Gannon is a male United States Link_I_Gannon is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Link_I_Gannon
View Posts: 1,053

Yes, &we used both in Ocarina of Time as well but htat turned out great.

There are always going to have staple items in The Legend of Zelda series.

At least there are some new items.
  #209 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM

^ The thing is, in Ocarina of Time, the bow was for Adult Link only, and the slingshot for Kid Link only. Each served a distinct purpose, and they didn't 'overlap' on each-other's usefulness. In Twilight Princess, both could be used in the same way at any time, but the bow was just a bigger, better version. Once you got the bow, you never had any reason to use the slingshot again.
  #210 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

View Posts: 11,900

I like the brightness. It isn't even that bright.
Certainly isn't as bright as the yellow and blue and green in WW. It is a more shaded realistic WW I love it already.
  #211 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,588

YEAH! Using TWO long ranged weapons. We are screwed. let's Boycott!
  #212 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
King of Heroes
View Posts: 1,520

Reposted from the previous thread.

*has read the entire thread and watched both trailers 200 times each*

Okay.

#1: She's the Master Sword? SHE is the Master Sword? SHE IS THE MASTER SWORD-YOU HAVE GOT TO BE-No. No, no, no. This CAN work, Fulcon. It CAN. They just have to have her be an interesting character you don't mind interacting with, make sure she doesn't bug you constantly, and not have the plot be all about her. Just those three things and I might not mind her being the FRIGGAN MASTER SWORD. But judging from their track record on all three things, I'm not confidant.

#2: I wish the hud was smaller and less in-your-face. It clogs up the screen far too much for my liking. An option to remove the hud entirely would be nice, and only have specific parts show up when they're relevant (the hearts when you're taking damage, the action button when you can interact with something, ect. ect. ect.) Also, I heard (but haven't seen) Miyamoto was using his right hand to play the game. I only hope, as a lefty, that there will be an option for this. It would increase accessibility and sales.

#3: I like the happy medium they've achieved with the art style. I'm really digging it. At first, when I was watching it, I was like 'this doesn't look like the poster at all!' Then I looked at them really closely, and saw that it DOES look like the poster. The only changes to Link were enforced by the enviroment (darker shades gave the illusion of a darker Link). Oh, and for those morons who assume that by being cell shaded the game will be just like Wind Waker, allow me to make some points.

-There has been no mention of sailing with Skyward Sword. None. What does this mean? It won't have or at least have very little, sailing. With all of the mentions of the sky, this makes it seem like flight will be the way to get around. What was the main focus of Wind Waker? Sailing. If Skyward Sword has no sailing, then it isn't Windwaker.

-The art style isn't the same as Wind Wakers. The only similarity is the cell shading. Want me to prove it? Fine, get a portrait of Link from SS, Link from WW and some other supporting characters from WW (I want Teenagers, specifically). You have them? Good. Note the coloring. This is what you are saying makes it exactly like Windwaker.

Now bleach all pictures. Make them black and white. No other color. Note the complete difference between the proportions between the WW cast and SS Link? Do you know why they are different? Because they are two different art styles. They are not the same art style, save for the coloring, and even THAT looks a little bit different.

Now stop whining.

#3: I saw Iwata Asks, regarding SS. They talked about bringing Zelda back to the basics and what made them fun. They spoke of 'denser overworlds' while making them smaller. This is a good sign. More to do in the overworld is always good. Interesting note, during the final question and Aonuma is talking about story, Miyamoto looks depressed somehow.

#4: Motion+ gameplay looks excellent, espescially since we have enemies who are blocking and dodging your slices. This is an extremely good sign for Skyward Sword. It's been a while since we've had a general innovation being the focus of the game as opposed to a one-game-only feature. Very good things. I like the whip and the beatle, though it looks as though the whip is set to take over for the Hookshot, and the Beatle appears to be our new Seagull. Without the fruit. I like it.

#5: Motion+ puzzles are the only thing I'm concerned about. These, I think, are the things which will make Motion+ Sword play feel like a gimmick if they're repetitively done. And they probably will. Watch this one, lads and ladies. It bodes ill.

That's pretty much it for my impressions on everything. Now I'm going to go see Miyamoto play Skyward Sword.

Also, for those of you interested on Links pants...

#213 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Twili
View Posts: 431

I've been thinking, when Ocarina was the first game in the timeline, it was made clear that the clothes all Links wear originally come from the kokiri. But now we know that SS happens before OoT and link is wearing kokiri clothes, does that mean the clothes the kokiri wear in OoT come from SS link? If so, does that mean the kokiri will be in this game? I certainly hope so.
  #214 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Twili
View Posts: 431

This video ultimately convinced me that this game will be awesome.
  #215 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Sein Vaterland muss größer sein!
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
Steam ID: pzkpfw_iv
View Posts: 6,343

One thing is for sure...all Zelda fans will get early onset of arthritis in their sword arm.
  #216 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Water Otter Water Otter is a female United States Water Otter is offline
It was real and I never knew it
View Posts: 1,854

The green that both Link and the Kokiri share a common cultural reason to wear Green. Green is Farore's color representing courage, the wind/sky, and life.

Pokemon games= For everyone
Pokemon Anime=For children
Pokemon manga= For Teens
Pokemon=For me
  #217 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Price View Post
One thing is for sure...all Zelda fans will get early onset of arthritis in their sword arm.

That's not cool.

xD Seriously, my left hand always cramps up when I play SMG and TP on Wii. Something about the nunchuck just kills my bony little hand. D:

I grip unnaturally tight when I'm having fun...
  #218 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

View Posts: 11,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcon View Post
Reposted from the previous thread.

*has read the entire thread and watched both trailers 200 times each*

#2: I wish the hud was smaller and less in-your-face. It clogs up the screen far too much for my liking. An option to remove the hud entirely would be nice, and only have specific parts show up when they're relevant (the hearts when you're taking damage, the action button when you can interact with something, ect. ect. ect.) Also, I heard (but haven't seen) Miyamoto was using his right hand to play the game. I only hope, as a lefty, that there will be an option for this. It would increase accessibility and sales.

I believe it was like that just for the Demo. To show off the controls.
I doubt it will be like that in the actual game.
  #219 (permalink)   [ ]
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJonahx View Post
I've been thinking, when Ocarina was the first game in the timeline, it was made clear that the clothes all Links wear originally come from the kokiri. But now we know that SS happens before OoT and link is wearing kokiri clothes, does that mean the clothes the kokiri wear in OoT come from SS link? If so, does that mean the kokiri will be in this game? I certainly hope so.
To be honest, it's getting a little ridiculous. It's like, fine.. Link's outfit stems from the Kokiri.. But now the Kokiri's outfit stems from Link. Sigh... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon del Oro View Post
The green that both Link and the Kokiri share a common cultural reason to wear Green. Green is Farore's color representing courage, the wind/sky, and life.
It's not just the green. The outfits are VERY similar.
  #220 (permalink)   [ ]
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,858

Hmmm, I'm liking the fact that Link can do lighting-fast slashes and sword moves with the Motion Plus controls. That offers some interesting combat mechanics.

I'm also happy that you can access the menu while Link's still running about and that he can drink potions while your on the go; these are very small (but necessary,) improvements.
Last Edited by An Hero of Time; 06-16-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
skyward sword, zwii