Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Sabbo Australia Sabbo is offline
Noble Keybearer


Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: c/20,000Lea
View Posts: 23,861
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florina Belmont View Post
Edit:
Oi! does that mean my sig is actually breaking the rules?
For more than one reason, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattocks View Post
Yes, go read the sig rules. It's far to big. I'm suprised one of the super mods hasn't deleted it yet.
Me too.
__________________
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Jodd Jodd is offline
It is difficult to be alive.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jodd
Join Date: Feb 2005
View Posts: 11,418
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red the Meek View Post
Who cares?

They earned their positions, why can't they have a bit of fun with their powers?
I've always said that about Hitler.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Poe Black Poe Black is a male United States Poe Black is offline
I used to believe that humans were naturally good, then I started working retail
Steam ID: Just ask
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Under a waterfall, alone.
View Posts: 7,636
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

I say this thread has reached its point.

it should be locked, then have another mod post in it for the lolz.
__________________
Don't worry. Someday you'll find that person who is perfect for you. They can't hide forever. We have satellites.


not a link, don't click here
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Red Red is offline
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was
Join Date: Oct 2008
View Posts: 16,119
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
I've always said that about Hitler.
Hey I'm sure the dude had plenty of shiggles back in his time.
__________________
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Nesi Finland Nesi is online now
I may not be perfect... but my dog loves me.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nesi
Steam ID: AlkalineCandy

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winland
View Posts: 18,327
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

I love when mods do it, but maybe it's just me.
__________________
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Rew Rew is a male United States Rew is offline
Send a message via AIM to Rew
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C. (USA)
View Posts: 14,292
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Only a CORRUPT MOD would post in threads after they've already been LOCKED! D=<

Actually, I don't think it's particularly big deal. Except, as John says, if they're doing it for a cheap "take that" on a member who can no longer respond. But normally it's just for lulz, lulz that I find relatively entertaining, personally. :3
__________________

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Crab Helmet Crab Helmet is a male United Kingdom Crab Helmet is offline
Operator please
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Never never land.
View Posts: 8,629
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

the mods are evil and corrupt and unclean and site staff need to be given moar powers so we can purge the vileness and become webmasters
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
La Zed La Zed is a male United States La Zed is offline
Deku Scrub

Join Date: Nov 2007
View Posts: 14,130
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Helmet View Post
the mods are evil and corrupt and unclean and site staff need to be given moar powers so we can purge the vileness and become webmasters
Yeah, we won't be AS corrupt.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Prof. Fish United States Prof. Fish is offline
life's a ***** and i'm gonna spank it
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: An Agoraphobia Convention
View Posts: 6,197
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
I've always said that about Hitler.
Hitler was the LEADER of a COUNTRY who abused his power to KILL PEOPLE.

The mods are VOLUNTEERS on a ZELDA SITE who abuse their power to make a few WITTY POSTS.

I know the difference is quite subtle, but it's the point.
__________________

  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Tohopekaliga Tohopekaliga is offline
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Florida
View Posts: 18,998
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

The difference, I'm afraid, might be a little too subtle.
__________________
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 PM
JC Denton Canada JC Denton is offline
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
View Posts: 17,966
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Fish View Post
Hitler was the LEADER of a COUNTRY who abused his power to KILL PEOPLE.

The mods are VOLUNTEERS on a ZELDA SITE who abuse their power to make a few WITTY POSTS.

I know the difference is quite subtle, but it's the point.
Actually, mods aren't volunteers, they're nominated (Aren't they)? The rules say not to volunteer to be a mod.

And I know this is completely beside your point (again), but yeah. I got what you have to say, and I have nothing more to add, but I want to point out your flaw. So yeah.
Last Edited by JC Denton; 08-18-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason:
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Tohopekaliga Tohopekaliga is offline
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Florida
View Posts: 18,998
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

They still have to volunteer to do it, after they're prodded for interest.
__________________
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Prof. Fish United States Prof. Fish is offline
life's a ***** and i'm gonna spank it
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: An Agoraphobia Convention
View Posts: 6,197
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random House Dictionary
vol⋅un⋅teer /ˌvɒlənˈtɪər/ –noun
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
I was using the second definition, because we perform willing service and sure as hell don't get paid (although I heard some forums do. Jason?).
__________________

Last Edited by Prof. Fish; 08-18-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason:
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Mafoofoo Mafoofoo is offline
?
Steam ID: Foofs
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sad Land
View Posts: 8,474
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
Actually, mods aren't volunteers, they're nominated (Aren't they)? The rules say not to volunteer to be a mod.
Ya'll just got called out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Fish View Post
I was using the second definition, because we perform willing service and sure as hell don't get paid (although I heard some forums do. Jason?).
♥♥♥♥ just got real
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Prof. Fish United States Prof. Fish is offline
life's a ***** and i'm gonna spank it
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: An Agoraphobia Convention
View Posts: 6,197
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Watch it, FooFoo, I'll throw down.
__________________

  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
JC Denton Canada JC Denton is offline
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
View Posts: 17,966
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
They still have to volunteer to do it, after they're prodded for interest.
...wait, so someone volunteers to be a mod FIRST, and then they discuss him/her in the Staff Forums or something? Is that how it works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Fish View Post
I was using the second definition, because we perform willing service and sure as hell don't get paid (although I heard some forums do. Jason?).
You get paid in being able to post in locked threads and ban people.

Hell locking threads and deleting posts must be fun. To me it would.
Last Edited by JC Denton; 08-18-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason:
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Tohopekaliga Tohopekaliga is offline
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Florida
View Posts: 18,998
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

No, someone does not volunteer first. They get tapped first.


I've never heard of a forum that pays moderators.
__________________
Last Edited by Tohopekaliga; 08-18-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason:
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Mattocks Canada Mattocks is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada State
View Posts: 12,150
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

He's saying that we volenteer out time. We don't volenteer for the position, but we are not being paid, and we are performing a task for somone else.
__________________
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Mafoofoo Mafoofoo is offline
?
Steam ID: Foofs
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sad Land
View Posts: 8,474
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Fish View Post
Watch it, FooFoo, I'll throw down.
Hahahahaha
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
JC Denton Canada JC Denton is offline
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
View Posts: 17,966
Re: Mods posting in already-locked threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattocks. Mad Ox. Ha.
He's saying that we volenteer out time. We don't volenteer for the position, but we are not being paid, and we are performing a task for somone else.
Yeah, I understand that now. However, when I hear the word "Volunteer" used as a noun, like Fish did, I assume it means "a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking."
Last Edited by JC Denton; 08-18-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
sailboat is sexy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -