Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 AM
the_Predator the_Predator is a male Bosnia the_Predator is offline
Allergic to stupid
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Zelda Informer
View Posts: 2,475
This site needs a serious change of moderation

Let me put this as clearly and as calmly as possible...

I have stated my opinion on several threads here on the forum - Namely http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...me-thread.html and Half-believers

I posted the following image in my reply:



Those posts were labeled as unjustified and "spam". Here's the reason why that's not the case:

[12:30:14] <+Cody> you're driving the threads offtopic and making posts with nothing but "you fail" pictures int hem
[12:31:03] <%child_Predator> No, I'm posting a "Thread Failed" image in posts which are already derailed and don't contribute anything to the boards. I'm posting a picture because it's a stronger message than words alone.

It is more than obvious that both of the threads I listed already boiled down to pointless spamming and it's MORE than ****ing obvious.

So what was my crime again? Pointing out that the thread turned down to spam?

Oh no wait! It was... BEING HONEST AND DIRECT! HOLY ****!

AND ALL MY POSTS WERE DELETED!

I was openly attacked by self-proclaimed forum police and self righteous crusader Anime_Queen. It wasn't provoked, it was a direct attack and insults. And in the end I turn out to be the bad guy, my posts deleted and threats of infractions. I mean what the ****ing ****?

Mods here have a problem with people criticizing them. Major problems at that.

Deleting posts, hiding the drama... MAKE A SEPARATE FORUM WHERE YOU'LL MOVE THE FORUM DRAMA SO PEOPLE CAN SEE WHICH FORUM MEMBERS ARE IDIOTS!

Isn't that an AWESOME idea? You'd have the proper people respected in the forum and the ones that deserve to be kicked and beaten to a pulp would get the shame they deserve.

Hiding drama and failure is just a sign of insecurity.

Thus, I suggest either revising mod policies or changing the mod team because currently either one, or both of them suck major ass. Staff elitism makes my eye twitch.

And if this thread gets deleted / locked or I get infracted over it, then it's more than enough proof that the mods suck.

(Of course there are exceptions, Cody being the only one I can think of)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam250 View Post
**** the internet and just go straight for the big cheese- the universe. He [the_Predator] is, in fact, the sole reason other intelligent life refuses to contact us.
www.zeldainformer.com
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 AM
A Machine For Totts Finland A Machine For Totts is offline
The real great 8
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 5,096
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

I completely agree with you on every single point you make.

Respect +5 000.
__________________
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Tiroth United Kingdom Tiroth is offline
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Elsewhere.
View Posts: 10,382
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Posting that image, and pretty much nothing else, is just pointless spam. If you wish to argue against that conclusion, it is simply rent-a-modding. As for being threatened with infractions...I'm the one who deleted the posts you mentioned, and I did no such thing, so I hope you're referring to a different occasion.

If you really think that a thread is no longer worth continuing, my suggestion is to simply PM the relevant mod and explain why you think this is. The mod may agree with you and deal with the problem. However, posting an image that says "thread failed" can only make it worse, not better.
__________________

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,217
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

*makes herself a cuppa and settles down*


Don't worry - I was chastised via PM, too.
And this is precisely why I wanted those posts to stay un-deleted till we reached a conclusion, you and I. Because otherwise, hiding something before it is resolved just leads to bottled up feelings that then blow up in all their drama glittery glory in the FSQ. Just like this thread.

Quote:
So what was my crime again? Pointing out that the thread turned down to spam?
With spam.
I sometimes feel that you are undre the impression that you are a mod and that we bully you by not letting you do your "duty" in judging.
In the space of 5 minutes, I found at least 2 posts of yours where it was just an image (that you quoted) with "thread failed", so I decided to say something about it.

Re: the SD discussion thread.

You march in, guns ablaze, and proclaim the thread fail because "PERSONAL BELIEFS SHOULDN'T BE DISCUSSED: THEY'RE PERSONAL" <-- Holy WOW.

let's get rid of the SD board!
Pred has decreed that people shouldn't discuss personal beliefs!

You don't want to discuss personal beliefs? fine.
You FORCE everyone into feeling that they're "fail" for wanting to discuss them? NO.
These arebn't your forums, it's not the_Predator Universe, it's ZU.
__________________
Last Edited by Anime_Queen; 08-27-2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Jason Jason is a male United States Jason is offline
Light Spirit
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason


Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hydrocity Act 2
View Posts: 9,807
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Ah, and so Tiroth appears with logic.

This is why police officers don't break up protests with fire hoses anymore, kiddos. Turns out words and not big stamp images work when coupled with a simple lock. You're not your own vigilante force, so don't try to be.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,958
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Post deletion, in my opinion, is to try and mould a discussion; flaming or trolling will only spark idiocy and hostility, which will inevitably lead to a thread lock. I do believe, however, that if a post is simply off-topic, it should not be deleted.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean if someone starts talking about hippos in a thread about Atheism--but if a conversation turns to something else, away from the thread topic: from Why Is It Called The Legend Of Zelda If Link Is The Main Character, to What Do You Think The Next Zelda Game Will Entail, say. (xD) I've seen quite a few mods restrict discussion to a certain topic and make a new thread about whatever was being discussed, preventing any link between the two topics, and probably ending up with less conversation--posts.

Leading on, some threads seem to prohibit conversation: if two people would disgress slightly, and talk would flow into something not undifferent, but not the same--"no this thred is abot chikcens not turkeys get you're own thread".

FSQ, SB and GCC are really the only forums that allow a flow of discussion (thankfully, otherwise I'd have to make my own thread <_<).

And I don't really see the problem with elitism; mods can be happy they're mods--there are occasions when their authority overrides their common sense, but nobody's perfect. Mods could be a little less hasty when locking threads, sometimes, and overall a bit more open-minded when it comes to certain people.

Also: It took me so long to write this post that I've forgotten what most of it's about. (I blame a loooooooooong toilet break.)
__________________
I'm watching you
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,217
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

KitsOoOOonay for Mod! =O
__________________
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,958
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

The world would implode. :<
__________________
I'm watching you
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Drakon Drakon is a female United States Drakon is offline
Obsessed with Ace Attorney, Golden Sun, EarthBound and, of course, Zelda.

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: If sig is gone, I'm on my iPod.
View Posts: 4,178
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

It would be cool to have a separate forum with all the 'forum drama'.
I'd like it, anyway... for all the reasons stated above, why not have one?
__________________

  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,217
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

^ because it would encourage abrasiveness and trolling, Sapphire Dragon :p

Kits - we'll see :>
__________________
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,958
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

It'd be a forum filled with stupidity, hostility and reasons why eric might kill himself.

Do you really want that to happen?
__________________
I'm watching you
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Drakon Drakon is a female United States Drakon is offline
Obsessed with Ace Attorney, Golden Sun, EarthBound and, of course, Zelda.

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: If sig is gone, I'm on my iPod.
View Posts: 4,178
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

It depends. I have no clue who Eric is. (I feel like an idiot.)
__________________

  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 AM
A Machine For Totts Finland A Machine For Totts is offline
The real great 8
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 5,096
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
"spam"
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
KitsOoOOonay for Mod! =O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuné View Post
The world would implode. :<
Also, abrasiveness and trolling are already present in these boards.
__________________
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 AM
the_Predator the_Predator is a male Bosnia the_Predator is offline
Allergic to stupid
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Zelda Informer
View Posts: 2,475
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiroth View Post
Posting that image, and pretty much nothing else, is just pointless spam. If you wish to argue against that conclusion, it is simply rent-a-modding. As for being threatened with infractions...I'm the one who deleted the posts you mentioned, and I did no such thing, so I hope you're referring to a different occasion.

If you really think that a thread is no longer worth continuing, my suggestion is to simply PM the relevant mod and explain why you think this is. The mod may agree with you and deal with the problem. However, posting an image that says "thread failed" can only make it worse, not better.
Yes being threatened with infractions was a different occasion. As for the image, I don't see how it is inadequate. It sends a simple yet effective message. Resoning in a thread that degenerated to spam and has been spam for over 10 posts is just silly. And since I can't do anything else pointing out the facts I do is simply logical. What else should I do? Join the spamming?
As for PMing a mod, yes that would be a possibility, but there goes the elitism again. Why hide it? Why hide the fact that the thread became an utter failure and a disgrace? Why not allow some fun at the expense of said thread and the stupid posts it includes? What's with the secular ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
Don't worry - I was chastised via PM, too.
And this is precisely why I wanted those posts to stay un-deleted till we reached a conclusion, you and I. Because otherwise, hiding something before it is resolved just leads to bottled up feelings that then blow up in all their drama glittery glory in the FSQ. Just like this thread.
I almost agree with this. Deleting it doesn't leave any "bottled up feelings". It leaves bitter aftertaste knowing that somebody doesn't want there to be mentions about the stuff that is horribly wrong on these forums, and I'm sure that you'll agree that there is SOMETHING.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
I sometimes feel that you are undre the impression that you are a mod and that we bully you by not letting you do your "duty" in judging.
I do not control what you chose to believe about me. I just happen to do this thing called "thinking" and "common sense" and I don't hesitate to give people my opinion, that's all there is to it. No more no less. Of course that is unless someone decides to be an ASTRONOMICAL failure (Think the recent thread about the guy who wanted to make a Zelda anime and was looking for people to help him), then I'm just in to make fun of him because he did something extremely stupid. I expect people to do the same to me if I ever fail that much, because I deserve it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
In the space of 5 minutes, I found at least 2 posts of yours where it was just an image (that you quoted) with "thread failed", so I decided to say something about it.
You people need to start reading between the lines, it's really not rocket science. If I post only that image it means: "There is NOTHING else to be said about this a failure of a thread and no words which can adequately describe it so here's my official thread failed stamp."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
You march in, guns ablaze, and proclaim the thread fail because "PERSONAL BELIEFS SHOULDN'T BE DISCUSSED: THEY'RE PERSONAL" <-- Holy WOW.

let's get rid of the SD board!
Pred has decreed that people shouldn't discuss personal beliefs!
Unfortunately the posts were deleted before anyone could say anything about their points regarding my accusation but no one, and I repeat, no - one can deny the fact that religion topics are OVERDONE, discussed MILLIONS of times. At first it was boring, then it became annoying.

"OH GOD NOT ANOTHER RELIGION THREAD! ****ING HELL!"

There can be no conclusions in such threads. And the funny thing, I quoted GDwarf for my reason as to why I posted the image. It said that the thread shouldn't become only talk about the online test, but it did, and as I have said so in my deleted posts, that's even under the current standard of the SD posts. The fail stamp was rightfully there. Wouldn't be if the thread was in the GCC, in which case I couldn't care less about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
You don't want to discuss personal beliefs? fine.
You FORCE everyone into feeling that they're "fail" for wanting to discuss them? NO.
You're putting words into my mouth now. I never said that the people failed (I might have thought it though) but I said that the thread failed, read above for the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen View Post
These arebn't your forums, it's not the_Predator Universe, it's ZU.
If we were gonna name it according to what happens on it then it sure wouldn't be Zelda Universe either.


EDIT: Kitsune - I don't mind if we get warned by a mod or even infracted and the thread locked - BUT DO NOT DELETE POSTS. It just makes you look as if you're hiding all the wrong stuff on the forum. Doesn't make it go away now, does it?

And Asia, a forum containing all the drama would DISCOURAGE drama if you take everyone who did a faildrama and change his name to **** EATING ASS LICKING MORON and present the "biggest fail member" each week to have people laugh at him / her. And of course the forum would only be open for viewing, not posting. It's a gallery of drama!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam250 View Post
**** the internet and just go straight for the big cheese- the universe. He [the_Predator] is, in fact, the sole reason other intelligent life refuses to contact us.
www.zeldainformer.com
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Kitsuné Kitsuné is a male United Kingdom Kitsuné is offline
master of my fate, captain of my soul
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly ol' England
View Posts: 9,958
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Tott, I don't think ZU needs any more displays of just how much you hate me.
__________________
I'm watching you
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,217
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

xD! @ "It depends" xDDDDD


Tott: my post translates to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tott
I completely agree with you on every single point you make.

Respect +5 000.
mild offtopicness is also allowed.


I'm glad that you agree that posting just an image of "thread failed" is a respectable type of post, in comparison.

EDIT - just read your post, Preds, replying.
__________________
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Shaun United Kingdom Shaun is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to Shaun Send a message via Skype™ to Shaun
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: inglaterra
View Posts: 2,384
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire dragon View Post
It depends. I have no clue who Eric is. (I feel like an idiot.)
He has a guitar for a penis.

Also, I agree with Pred 100%.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Tiroth United Kingdom Tiroth is offline
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Elsewhere.
View Posts: 10,382
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
Yes being threatened with infractions was a different occasion. As for the image, I don't see how it is inadequate. It sends a simple yet effective message. Resoning in a thread that degenerated to spam and has been spam for over 10 posts is just silly. And since I can't do anything else pointing out the facts I do is simply logical. What else should I do? Join the spamming?
That's pretty much what you did do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
As for PMing a mod, yes that would be a possibility, but there goes the elitism again. Why hide it? Why hide the fact that the thread became an utter failure and a disgrace? Why not allow some fun at the expense of said thread and the stupid posts it includes? What's with the secular ****?
Would you care to define this "mod elitism" for me? Because so far, it seems to mean "the mods trust their own opinion more than mine". Which we kinda do, and it isn't elitist at all.

But no, we would not be "hiding" anything. A locked thread is there for all to see, and they often have a reason for it in the last post. What are we hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
You people need to start reading between the lines, it's really not rocket science. If I post only that image it means: "There is NOTHING else to be said about this a failure of a thread and no words which can adequately describe it so here's my official thread failed stamp."
Whether or not a thread needs to die is not your decision to make. Tell us what you think, certainly, but posting in such a manner only makes it worse.
__________________

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England
View Posts: 8,217
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Predator View Post
As for the image, I don't see how it is inadequate. It sends a simple yet effective message. Resoning in a thread that degenerated to spam and has been spam for over 10 posts is just silly. And since I can't do anything else pointing out the facts I do is simply logical. What else should I do? Join the spamming?


Bravo! =D
You found the link :>
You find a spammy thread - posting spammy pic= spam.
I knew you could do it eventually! ;-;! <3

Quote:
As for PMing a mod, yes that would be a possibility, but there goes the elitism again. Why hide it?
Locking the thread is not "hiding" it. It's saying it, loud and clear, that this thread has degenerated. Basically, I still think that your main problem is that you don't seem to understand that you are not a moderator, therefore, by posting that, the fail will stop. If you had posted that image then locked the thread, no one would have any questions. But just posting that, by itself is just "yay more spam and glorious rent a modding".

Quote:
I just happen to do this thing called "thinking" and "common sense" and I don't hesitate to give people my opinion
Likewise.
But be constructive rather than just destructive.
Instead of just saying "fail" - add SOMEThing- try to steer the topic back on track.
I saw what GDwarf said about the thread in SD board, and I tried to do that - by posting and providing an eXAMple of how to put more into the posts in that thread rather than just posting a list.

Quote:
that's all there is to it. No more no less.
Just judging and passign judgement without going past that to contribute anything is unneeded. Believe me, we all judge in our minds. But if the only thing left to be done to "cure" the situation is for a thread to be locked - then get someone to lock it. Posting that it sucks and "fails" is only making the whole thread more of a pit of spam and failure.

Quote:
"There is NOTHING else to be said about this a failure of a thread and no words which can adequately describe it so here's my official thread failed stamp."
See above.

Quote:
no - one can deny the fact that religion topics are OVERDONE, discussed MILLIONS of times. At first it was boring, then it became annoying.

"OH GOD NOT ANOTHER RELIGION THREAD! ****ING HELL!"

There can be no conclusions in such threads.
So?
your point being?
You feel they're overdone, and that no conclusion is reached. The same is true for almost any debate and discussion where you have tons of people, and a board that has been around for years. Deal with it.
You find it boring? then don't go in there. Posters there are happy and can discuss homosexuality and abortion for the 50th time over, and you are happy that you don't have to read the same thing over and over again. Saying "stop posting about such topics" is just arrogant and self-centered.

Quote:
You're putting words into my mouth now. I never said that the people failed (I might have thought it though) but I said that the thread failed, read above for the reason.
I think yOu need to read your OWN words. (above)
You think thread/topic is overdone. You deem thread failure because of that. Basically, that people shouldn't post about something you feel has been overdone. Which is stupid.
__________________
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2008, 07:35 AM
the_Predator the_Predator is a male Bosnia the_Predator is offline
Allergic to stupid
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Zelda Informer
View Posts: 2,475
Re: This site needs a serious change of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiroth View Post
That's pretty much what you did do.
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. "Join the already existing spamming and pretend that everything is ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiroth View Post
Would you care to define this "mod elitism" for me? Because so far, it seems to mean "the mods trust their own opinion more than mine". Which we kinda do, and it isn't elitist at all.
sigh... How much clearer can I get? Mod elitism = The thing where mods think they're better than the rest of the members. And most of them do. I thought you'd all learn a lesson after Gerudo (Where is he nowadays anyway?) and his self righteous crusade bull****. Deleting threads, locking threads and giving infractions, all without explanation most of the time. I was handed an infraction for what later turned out to be completely justified and not against the rules (He even admitted) and of course to preserve his ego the mod that handed it to me didn't revoke it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiroth View Post
But no, we would not be "hiding" anything. A locked thread is there for all to see, and they often have a reason for it in the last post. What are we hiding?
So deleting post doesn't count as covering up the drama? Let's all just be happy and pretend that everything is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiroth View Post
Whether or not a thread needs to die is not your decision to make. Tell us what you think, certainly, but posting in such a manner only makes it worse.
It's not my decision but I sure as hell can say my opinion. And the way I say it, as long as it doesn't break any rules is my to choose too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam250 View Post
**** the internet and just go straight for the big cheese- the universe. He [the_Predator] is, in fact, the sole reason other intelligent life refuses to contact us.
www.zeldainformer.com
Closed Thread

Tags
change, moderation, serious, site, [Feedback]


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -